NATION

PASSWORD

It seems Israel's feelings supersede free speech

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sanctissima
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctissima » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:12 am

Bakery Hill wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:I don't see your point here.

If you want to damn the Palestinians for unsuccessfully collaborating with Hitler and furthermore committing terrorism to try and bring about their state, we've got to recognise that the Israelis did a small degree of the former and much more of the latter to successfully bring about theirs.

Hypocrisy isn't necessarily a bad thing.

One can focus exclusively on all the negative aspects of one side while simultaneously only focusing on the positive aspects of one's own.

Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:18 am

Sanctissima wrote:
Bakery Hill wrote:If you want to damn the Palestinians for unsuccessfully collaborating with Hitler and furthermore committing terrorism to try and bring about their state, we've got to recognise that the Israelis did a small degree of the former and much more of the latter to successfully bring about theirs.

Hypocrisy isn't necessarily a bad thing.

One can focus exclusively on all the negative aspects of one side while simultaneously only focusing on the positive aspects of one's own.

I agree, that's why I said "recognise" rather than "also damn". I'm not above a bit of shameless bias.
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:50 am

Bakery Hill wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:I don't see your point here.

If you want to damn the Palestinians for unsuccessfully collaborating with Hitler and furthermore committing terrorism to try and bring about their state, we've got to recognise that the Israelis did a small degree of the former and much more of the latter to successfully bring about theirs.

Gotcha.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:54 am

Gauthier wrote:
The Corparation wrote:If this passes chances and is enforced the ACLU will definitely take it to court. I'm confident they'd be able to win that fight.

/pol/ is not 90% of 4chan. It's a containment board. Most of the rest of the site doesn't care.

Containment inevitably fails.

As with all plagues really except in China where they lock down entire cities over a cough.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:59 am

Benuty wrote:
Gauthier wrote:Containment inevitably fails.

As with all plagues really except in China where they lock down entire cities over a cough.

And Madagascar, which locks down the entire country if someone coughs anywhere in the world.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

The Confederacy of American-States
Envoy

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Confederacy of American-States » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:01 am

Jeez I think the Facist Israeli empire from HoI 4 is going to be a thing.
To make it clear, I am not Anti-Israel, they defended themselfs, but I am anti-oppression when it comes to stupid laws in the US and oppression of Palestinians in the West bank and Gaza strip.

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:03 am

mfw 1st amendment is openly threatened by politicians
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:03 am

America used to be so proud of our First amendment rights.

Now we devote our energies to kissing up to the Likud.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:mfw 1st amendment is openly threatened by politicians

>Implying that this is the first time
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Great Minarchistan wrote:mfw 1st amendment is openly threatened by politicians

>Implying that this is the first time

Never said it was, sadly.
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Pasong Tirad wrote:They're called the Haredi. And Salus is right, they don't support it and only barely accept the authority of the State of Israel.

Orthodox =/= Haredi. Orthodox is a big group of which Modern Orthodox and Haredi are apart of. Yes Haredi Jews don't like Israel but Modern Orthodox aka Orthodox Jews do.

As someone who knows Orthodox Jews (namely Menassa and the Yemenite guy whose NS name I forget), they both state that Orthodox Judaism opposes the state of Israel.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Frostnia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frostnia » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Orthodox =/= Haredi. Orthodox is a big group of which Modern Orthodox and Haredi are apart of. Yes Haredi Jews don't like Israel but Modern Orthodox aka Orthodox Jews do.

As someone who knows Orthodox Jews (namely Menassa and the Yemenite guy whose NS name I forget), they both state that Orthodox Judaism opposes the state of Israel.

Funny you say that. Have you seen how many Orthodox Jews live in Israel?
MT nation composed of people from every nation with a current Antarctic base. NS stats somewhat apply (despite them being generally stupid). I would use my factbooks but I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to it yet.

Antarctica is a pretty "cool" place.
I'm not sorry

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Frostnia wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Funny you say that. Have you seen how many Orthodox Jews live in Israel?

That doesn't mean they support the institution of Israel or its policies. Most people can't afford to move out of a country on principle.

The Yemenite guy I mentioned (whose real name I know but NS name I forget) lived in Israel for a time and he's very outspoken against Israeli policies.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

The Feylands
Envoy

Founded: Jul 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Feylands » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Salus Maior wrote:As someone who knows Orthodox Jews (namely Menassa and the Yemenite guy whose NS name I forget), they both state that Orthodox Judaism opposes the state of Israel.
Not entirely true though, maybe according to 'their' beliefs about The True Faith™, but there are Hardals like the famous rabbi Meir Kahane who are both ultra-orthodox and pro-Israel, and essentially advocate a transformation of the State of Israel into a theocracy.

Hey there u! I'm Fey - the Celestial Fairy Princess! "Mᴀᴋɪɴɢ NS ᴄᴏsɪᴇʀ sɪɴᴄᴇ 2017!"® (◕‿◕)
, Vegetarian, Crazy Cat Lady, Dharmic Pagan, Metal, Fantasy, Elf/Fairy, Chinaboo, Yogi etc.
How can I be so cuddly and huggable? ♥♥♥ Because I exist to ease the suffering of this world! (⌒▽⌒) #TheBuddhaRocks
Little secret: I have a superpower called "ADHD". (^̮^)
♥Her Radiance's Celestial Thought♥
Neat: Essentialism, Monarchy, Difference Feminism, Animal rights, Green Conservatism, 中国, Beauty, Dignity of all life
ಠ~ಠ: Passive aggressive dorks, Abrahamic/Antropocentric world-view(s), the EU, celebrating ugliness..
I support Israel and everyone who suffer needlessly because of their own compassion.♥ (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Frostnia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frostnia » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:13 pm

The Feylands wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:As someone who knows Orthodox Jews (namely Menassa and the Yemenite guy whose NS name I forget), they both state that Orthodox Judaism opposes the state of Israel.
Not entirely true though, maybe according to 'their' beliefs about The True Faith™, but there are Hardals like the famous rabbi Meir Kahane who are both ultra-orthodox and pro-Israel, and essentially advocate a transformation of the State of Israel into a theocracy.

Yeah, that's basically the jist of it. There's actually a lot of concern in Israel about the growing Orthodox population and their nationalist/theocratic beliefs.
MT nation composed of people from every nation with a current Antarctic base. NS stats somewhat apply (despite them being generally stupid). I would use my factbooks but I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm not sorry

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

The Feylands wrote:

Eh, that's probably closest to the reality of it.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Frostnia wrote:
The Feylands wrote:Not entirely true though, maybe according to 'their' beliefs about The True Faith™, but there are Hardals like the famous rabbi Meir Kahane who are both ultra-orthodox and pro-Israel, and essentially advocate a transformation of the State of Israel into a theocracy.

Yeah, that's basically the jist of it. There's actually a lot of concern in Israel about the growing Orthodox population and their nationalist/theocratic beliefs.

If Israel does turn into a theocracy the West will continue propping it up while howling about Iranian oppression in the same breath.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Frostnia wrote:

If Israel does turn into a theocracy the West will continue propping it up while howling about Iranian oppression in the same breath.

Not the first time the U.S supported something opposed to it's own spoken ideals.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Gauthier wrote:If Israel does turn into a theocracy the West will continue propping it up while howling about Iranian oppression in the same breath.

Not the first time the U.S supported something opposed to it's own spoken ideals.

Which resulted in things like the Iranian Revolution.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Frostnia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frostnia » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Frostnia wrote:

Yeah but to be fair Israel isn't bent on nuking another country.

I'm not sorry

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Which resulted in things like the Iranian Revolution.

Also about every dictatorship in South America.

And South Vietnam.

States of Glory
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby States of Glory » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
States of Glory wrote:I'm not sure how people who died over forty years ago dictate what modern Palestinians believe.

I didn't say anything about what modern Palestinians believe.

Why bring it up, then?

Pasong Tirad wrote:
States of Glory wrote:I'm not sure how people who died over forty years ago dictate what modern Palestinians believe.

I wouldn't discount the history of the region so easily, though.

A lot of historical events helped shape the region to what it is today. I doubt that the Nazis had much influence, however. Also, we have to beware dipping into genetic fallacy territory.
#KanyeForPresident2K20
Make America Great Britain Again!
TWP's Minister for WA Affairs

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:32 pm

Frostnia wrote:
Gauthier wrote:If Israel does turn into a theocracy the West will continue propping it up while howling about Iranian oppression in the same breath.

Secular Israel you mean.

Frostnia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frostnia » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:35 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Frostnia wrote:

Secular Israel you mean.

Touchè. I honestly doubt Theocratic Israel would become a thing. Most Israelis don't like what the Orthodox have to say.

I'm not sorry

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:38 pm

Frostnia wrote:
Gauthier wrote:Secular Israel you mean.

Touchè. I honestly doubt Theocratic Israel would become a thing. Most Israelis don't like what the Orthodox have to say.

What do they generally say?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General