NATION

PASSWORD

A New Racists' Charter in the making?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Minoa wrote:
The Princes of the Universe wrote:That would be a problem in the US. Judges should not, under ANY circumstances whatsoever, be elected.

I did not specify elections by name, and I would oppose it anyway for sake of impartiality.

I never said you did. :eyebrow:
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:03 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:
Minoa wrote:I did not specify elections by name, and I would oppose it anyway for sake of impartiality.

I never said you did. :eyebrow:

No, not you, but I had to get it out of my head because there are people who are undecided yet tempted by the idea of elected judges. That is a bad idea since it would promote bias. ;)
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Aellex
Senator

Founded: Apr 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aellex » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:05 pm

Minoa wrote:No, not you, but I had to get it out of my head because there are people who are undecided yet tempted by the idea of elected judges. That is a bad idea since it would promote bias. ;)

Inquisitorial system = Best system.
Citoyen Français. Disillusioned Gaulliste. Catholique.

Tombé au champ d'honneur, add 11400 posts.

Member of the Committee
for Proletarian Morality

RIP Balk, you were too good a shitposter for this site.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Risottia wrote:
Cedoria wrote:I agree with the OP... Populism being introduced into the judicial system is a catastrophe
Populism in the judicial system is the whole point of a trial by 12 "randomly" selected guys. If you want to take populism out of the justice, start with switching to trial by a college of judges, or a college of both judges and laypeople.

I believe some trials in the UK are heard by a judge and two magistrates but I could have my wires crossed.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Previous

Return to General