NATION

PASSWORD

Is Diversity and Multiculturalism a Good or Bad Thing?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Oil exporting People wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. Just to be clear, you're arguing that countries that have almost never been diverse throughout their histories are somehow good indicators of what happens in countries that have been diverse for most of their histories.

1.And yet, all these trends have increased as they continue to get "diversity". Please try again dear. :)

2. It's obvious from #1 that you don't actually know what my argument is, go reread my post and stop being lazy.

2.Do tell, then, what your argument? Do spell out and avoid logical fallacies in doing so.

3. Maybe because the only article you provided that includes already racially diverse areas also requires you to join in order to actually get to that part. Either provide that entire article or don't link it to begin with.

3.Well here's another American article, but the hole in your point remains.

1. Maybe because they don't actually know how to handle diversity. What is your English comprehension level? I don't know how you can misunderstand my points this badly.

2. The fact that pretty much every source you provided only focuses on areas that have almost never been racially diverse, and that they aren't good indicators on what happens in countries that have been racially diverse for most of their histories. Of course things like immigration would affect them, they have no idea how to deal with it. I've said this about 3 times now and you seem to have missed this every time, so I'm making it easier to see for you. :) I don't know how much clearer I can be...

3. And now I have to pay to read that article. Until you get me an article I can actually read, you're argument is null and void.
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Ireland State
Civilian

Founded: Dec 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ireland State » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:03 pm

diversity =/= multiculturalism

diversity is a good thing. multiculturalism is not.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:12 pm

New haven america wrote:

I'd like to point out that pretty much all those articles only use examples from areas of the world with are the exact opposite of racially diverse. Of course it would affect them, they have no fucking idea how to handle stuff like that (And it's an admitted issue in Australia that casual racism is still a thing over there). You brought nothing that applies to already racially diverse areas.

Also, please don't use articles that requires people to sign up or join to something to actually read it (This is in reference to the last one).

Racially diverse areas... you mean like in the ME? That must be why those patchwork nations are so peaceful :^)
Last edited by The East Marches II on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:13 pm

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:
New haven america wrote:No, I never said anything of the sort. How bout you stop strawmaning and actually read my argument? :)

Also, from your edit: You do realize that Arabs are considered Caucasian, right? Simply put, they're White too.

(Iranians, too. We actually own some of the Caucasus)

"we"

Thats what I mean by that other comment regarding plastic.

United Islamic Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:15 pm

The East Marches II wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:(Iranians, too. We actually own some of the Caucasus)

"we"

Care to elaborate on this, my close, loved friend?
The United Islamic Commonwealth | Islamic republic | Factbook
Population: 135,931,000 | Area: 2,663,077 km² | Location: Middle East
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 0; Level 5 | Current year: 2020
Supreme Leader: Abbas Mosuli
President: Haashid al-Abdulla
Former Nizari Ismaili Muslim living in the US.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:17 pm

"we"

Care to elaborate on this, my close, loved friend?

And have you go run to the Mods if I phrase it in a way that hurts your feelings? No, of course not.

You answer with "we" in regards to Iran or Persians in general. You don't see yourself as an American. Thats the problem. The old world is supposed to stay in the old world. Thats why multiculturalism doesn't, there is no cohesive nation entity. Alas, I hope we reverse this trend in becoming more like Europe.
Last edited by The East Marches II on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:19 pm

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Care to elaborate on this, my close, loved friend?

And have you go run to the Mods if I phrase it in a way that hurts your feelings? No, of course not.

You answer with "we" in regards to Iran or Persians in general. You don't see yourself as an American. Thats the problem. The old world is supposed to stay in the old world. Thats why multiculturalism doesn't, there is no cohesive nation entity. Alas, I hope we reverse this trend in becoming more like Europe.

1. Awww. Did I hurt your feelings, TEM? Poor thing. I'm sorry, man. Can you ever forgive me?

I see myself as an American of Iranian ethnicity. It was a conversation about ethnicity and how it relates to "whiteness". Starting to get it now?

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:22 pm

1. Awww. Did I hurt your feelings, TEM? Poor thing. I'm sorry, man. Can you ever forgive me?

I see myself as an American of Iranian ethnicity. It was a conversation about ethnicity and how it relates to "whiteness". Starting to get it now?

I forgive you, afterall it takes a brave man to run to the cops

No, you see yourself as an Iranian. This was just one example of many when you refer to "we" among other things and take a militant Persian position. Its like dealing with the Irish fresh off the boat who still think the Emerald Isle matters far across an ocean. I am glad there is backlash against this sort of nonsense again. Maybe I'll even get my Italian exclusion act I've lobbied hard for.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:23 pm

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:1. Awww. Did I hurt your feelings, TEM? Poor thing. I'm sorry, man. Can you ever forgive me?

No, you see yourself as an Iranian. This was just one example of many when you refer to "we" among other things and take a militant Persian position. Its like dealing with the Irish fresh off the boat who still think the Emerald Isle matters far across an ocean. I am glad there is backlash against this sort of nonsense again. Maybe I'll even get my Italian exclusion act I've lobbied hard for.

1. It does. Especially when reporting a criminal.

2. I'm sorry. You're telling me how I see myself? I am an American of Iranian descent. Care to cite my "militant Persian position" for me? I always enjoy learning about myself.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:24 pm

1. It does. Especially when reporting a criminal.

2. I'm sorry. You're telling me how I see myself? I am an American of Iranian descent. Care to cite my "militant Persian position" for me? I always enjoy learning about myself.

Yes, we have to get those jaywalkers, how else will we retaliate against a foe?

Sure, just go to the ME thread :^)

Trumptonium
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:25 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Trumptonium wrote:or how many whites does it need to lose

What?

??????????????

New haven america wrote:
Trumptonium wrote:
So you're arguing that countries should go into an unknown unless proven wrong?

No, I never said anything of the sort. How bout you stop strawmaning and actually read my argument? :)

Oh but you did. You said that these today-diverse countries are not good for a research study because they haven't 'always' been diverse. So when will they become 'always' diverse? How many whites do they need to lose?

New haven america wrote:Also, from your edit: You do realize that Arabs are considered Caucasian, right? Simply put, they're White too.

My what?

Wtf is this even a reply to?

Arabs aren't white. They're Arabs. White =/= Caucasian. Stop using American terminology in a serious discussion.
Last edited by Trumptonium on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Things and people I like
Anti: Things and people I dislike

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:26 pm

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:1. Awww. Did I hurt your feelings, TEM? Poor thing. I'm sorry, man. Can you ever forgive me?

1: who are you to tell UIC how he identifies?
2: There's nothing with acknowledging who you are. If I knew what kind of African ethnicity I am, I'd do the same. And rekindle my lost culture too.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:27 pm

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:1. It does. Especially when reporting a criminal.

Yeah? Which part of that was the "militant Persian"? Me arguing in favour of Arabs in Israel? Me arguing against the Arab supremacist along with his fellow Arabs? Me arguing against that same Arab supremacist being in favour of gassing civilians? I guess being a rational human makes me a militant Persian now.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Yeah? Which part of that was the "militant Persian"? Me arguing in favour of Arabs in Israel? Me arguing against the Arab supremacist along with his fellow Arabs? Me arguing against that same Arab supremacist being in favour of gassing civilians? I guess being a rational human makes me a militant Persian now.

Thats the exception not the rule regarding the Arabs in Israel. Which is why I was so proud of you! I'll see you in the other thread.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:34 pm

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Yeah? Which part of that was the "militant Persian"? Me arguing in favour of Arabs in Israel? Me arguing against the Arab supremacist along with his fellow Arabs? Me arguing against that same Arab supremacist being in favour of gassing civilians? I guess being a rational human makes me a militant Persian now.

Thats the exception not the rule regarding the Arabs in Israel. Which is why I was so proud of you! I'll see you in the other thread.

Which thread would that be?

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:38 pm

Trumptonium wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:What?

??????????????

New haven america wrote:No, I never said anything of the sort. How bout you stop strawmaning and actually read my argument? :)

1.Oh but you did. You said that these today-diverse countries are not good for a research study because they haven't 'always' been diverse. So when will they become 'always' diverse? How many whites do they need to lose?

New haven america wrote:Also, from your edit: You do realize that Arabs are considered Caucasian, right? Simply put, they're White too.

2.My what?

Wtf is this even a reply to?

Arabs aren't white. They're Arabs. White =/= Caucasian. Stop using American terminology in a serious discussion.

1. Yeah, you're in the same boat as OeP, you don't understand my argument and I'm starting to sound like a broken record. Stop strawmanning, and go read and actually understand my very clear argument.

2. Your edit in what I was replying to ("You added "How many white people does Denmark need to lose"), and seeing as how you've spent a decent part of the tread complaining about the Migrant Crisis, I was just reassuring you that Denmark isn't losing any white people, as Arabs are considered white. White in fact does equal Caucasian, anyone who considered White is Caucasian. If you're white, you're Caucasian, no if's, and's, or but's about it.

Read the 2nd definition.
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Which thread would that be?

The Middle East Conflict Thread, where I put on my Saddam cloak and valiantly defend the Ba'athist way.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Defining who's white and who isn't is anti-white racism according to Richard Spencer lol
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:44 pm

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Which thread would that be?

The Middle East Conflict Thread, where I put on my Saddam cloak and valiantly defend the Ba'athist way.

Why? My personal views, in relation to my ethnicity, aren't more relevant there than here.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:46 pm

Why? My personal views, in relation to my ethnicity, aren't more relevant there than here.

Still on that? I'm not going to babysit you through this. I'm bored of it, like I said, I'll see you in the other thread.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:48 pm

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Why? My personal views, in relation to my ethnicity, aren't more relevant there than here.

Still on that? I'm not going to babysit you through this. I'm bored of it, like I said, I'll see you in the other thread.

Then post there. I'm waiting, babysitter.

Improved werpland
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Improved werpland » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:49 pm

Also, from your edit: You do realize that Arabs are considered Caucasian, right? Simply put, they're White too.

(Iranians, too. We actually own some of the Caucasus)

The Caucasus has nothing to do with being white and Azerbaijanis are the second most nominally Muslim Muslim ethnicity after Albanians.
Last edited by Improved werpland on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:55 pm

New haven america wrote:
Trumptonium wrote:
So you're arguing that countries should go into an unknown unless proven wrong?

No, I never said anything of the sort. How bout you stop strawmaning and actually read my argument? :)

No, white people don't typically consider them white, (and very few Arabs I know consider themselves white). That how whiteness works, it's a social construct. You're not so racist that you measure this thing with calipers do you?
Last edited by Bakery Hill on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:58 pm

Improved werpland wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:(Iranians, too. We actually own some of the Caucasus)

The Caucasus has nothing to do with being white and Azerbaijanis are the second most nominally Muslim Muslim ethnicity after Albanians.

Not going to get into this dead horse white supremacist argument.

Improved werpland
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Improved werpland » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Improved werpland wrote:The Caucasus has nothing to do with being white and Azerbaijanis are the second most nominally Muslim Muslim ethnicity after Albanians.

Not going to get into this dead horse white supremacist argument.

I don't see why you would. The reason people associate the Caucasus with whiteness is due to a German pseudoscientist and white supremacist. One of the reasons he said so was the fact that Noah's Ark allegedly ended up in the Caucasus, therefore if he said Caucasians were the original whites he could also claim they were descended from Noah.
Last edited by Improved werpland on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General