NATION

PASSWORD

Is Diversity and Multiculturalism a Good or Bad Thing?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24135
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:53 pm

Korvale wrote:
San Lumen wrote:Uh im dont see Blacks in Atlanta, Richmond or New Orleans for example telling white people to leave. Many suburbs still remain mostly white.


There are already entire countries where this has happened:
Haiti
South Africa
Zimbabwe
Jamaica
Trinidad
Belize
Brazil

And the 500 page milestone is reached! Brazil is multicultural.

User avatar
Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9444
Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:53 pm

Also, the reason there is high racial differences in the US is because of old racist policies that were in place for a very long time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Housing_d ... ted_States)
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

User avatar
Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9444
Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:54 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Korvale wrote:
There are already entire countries where this has happened:
Haiti
South Africa
Zimbabwe
Jamaica
Trinidad
Belize
Brazil

And the 500 page milestone is reached! Brazil is multicultural.

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

User avatar
San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24135
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:Also, the reason there is high racial differences in the US is because of old racist policies that were in place for a very long time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Housing_d ... ted_States)


And that article doesnt seem to mention the fact that suburbs were founded on racism. Should I start part 2?

User avatar
Benuty
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35217
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Benuty » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:55 pm

So celebration before the hammer of the mods shatters this threads connection to reality?
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity.
Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

User avatar
Korvale
Envoy
 
Posts: 217
Founded: Jan 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Korvale » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:55 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Korvale wrote:
There are already entire countries where this has happened:
Haiti
South Africa
Zimbabwe
Jamaica
Trinidad
Belize
Brazil

And the 500 page milestone is reached! Brazil is multicultural.


Brazil is a black country the majority of its inhabitants are mostly african in DNA thats why they look so different from the actual native countries in South America like Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Paraguay, and I think Guyana. Actual native Brazilians are rare in their home territory thanks to the Portuguese though you can find some wild Brazilian tribes in the Amazon jungle.

User avatar
San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24135
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:56 pm

Benuty wrote:So celebration before the hammer of the mods shatters this threads connection to reality?


It is a glorious moment that this thread has reached this point. I never imagined it would when i first started it. Speaking of which should i post the second incarnation?

User avatar
Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9444
Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:56 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:Also, the reason there is high racial differences in the US is because of old racist policies that were in place for a very long time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Housing_d ... ted_States)


And that article doesnt seem to mention the fact that suburbs were founded on racism. Should I start part 2?

Yes! :lol:
Benuty wrote:So celebration before the hammer of the mods shatters this threads connection to reality?

:?:
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

User avatar
Keuliseu
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 151
Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Keuliseu » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:56 pm

Korvale wrote:
San Lumen wrote:And the 500 page milestone is reached! Brazil is multicultural.


Brazil is a black country the majority of its inhabitants are mostly african in DNA thats why they look so different from the actual native countries in South America like Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Paraguay, and I think Guyana. Actual native Brazilians are rare in their home territory thanks to the Portuguese though you can find some wild Brazilian tribes in the Amazon jungle.

Brazil;
White 47.73% Black 7.61% Asian 1.09% Pardo (Multiracial) 43.13% American Indians 0.43%

User avatar
Benuty
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35217
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Benuty » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
And that article doesnt seem to mention the fact that suburbs were founded on racism. Should I start part 2?

Yes! :lol:
Benuty wrote:So celebration before the hammer of the mods shatters this threads connection to reality?

:?:

In summary, before the mods lock the thread down, and no one is able to post in it.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity.
Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

User avatar
Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9444
Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:58 pm

Korvale wrote:Brazil is a black country

False: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ ... l_2006.png
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

User avatar
Korvale
Envoy
 
Posts: 217
Founded: Jan 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Korvale » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:59 pm

Keuliseu wrote:
Korvale wrote:
Brazil is a black country the majority of its inhabitants are mostly african in DNA thats why they look so different from the actual native countries in South America like Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Paraguay, and I think Guyana. Actual native Brazilians are rare in their home territory thanks to the Portuguese though you can find some wild Brazilian tribes in the Amazon jungle.

Brazil;
White 47.73% Black 7.61% Asian 1.09% Pardo (Multiracial) 43.13% American Indians 0.43%


Pardos are mostly african, pure blacks in Brazil are a minority but it stills a black country. Even the modern culture of Brazil is black african derived.
Last edited by Korvale on Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24135
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:59 pm

Volume 2 has been posted. In anyone has any ideas for the subtitle let me know.

User avatar
Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9444
Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:01 pm

Korvale wrote:
Keuliseu wrote:Brazil;
White 47.73% Black 7.61% Asian 1.09% Pardo (Multiracial) 43.13% American Indians 0.43%


Pardos are mostly african, pure blacks in Brazil are a minority but it stills a black country. Even the modern culture of Brazil is black african derived.

It's also derived from European and Indigenous cultures.
Also, Pardos are mixed, not just African descended
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

User avatar
Korvale
Envoy
 
Posts: 217
Founded: Jan 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Korvale » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:03 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Korvale wrote:
Pardos are mostly african, pure blacks in Brazil are a minority but it stills a black country. Even the modern culture of Brazil is black african derived.

It's also derived from European and Indigenous cultures.
Also, Pardos are mixed, not just African descended


In essence its a black country as they the pardo side more with their black minority than the white minority
Last edited by Korvale on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Wedonland
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 21
Founded: Feb 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Wedonland » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Wow. We have a very lovely 500 pages of posts in this single thread, out of all possible issues to discuss.

Personal opinion: The historically dominant majority in western countries (ethnic white Europeans) were and are still being effectively undercut and displaced by other minorities because of many different factors, one of these are affirmative government policies exclusive to minorities. It's nearly a form of government subsidizing. Now, why can't the "old historical" white Europeans get the same propped up treatment?

User avatar
Free Arctic Territories
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 178
Founded: Nov 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arctic Territories » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:18 pm

Korvale wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:It's also derived from European and Indigenous cultures.
Also, Pardos are mixed, not just African descended


In essence its a black country as they the pardo side more with their black minority than the white minority

Pardos have their own unique syncretized culture. You're saying that Meztisos would "side" with the Native Americans or a Chinese-European mix would "side" with white people based on their skin color. Unfortunately, Mexico is not a native american country, and half-European Asians would not be European. I doubt that "black" or African countries (it's hard to tell what the hell is one) would be completely Catholic and speak only Portuguese.
Last edited by Free Arctic Territories on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24135
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:19 pm

Free Arctic Territories wrote:
Korvale wrote:
In essence its a black country as they the pardo side more with their black minority than the white minority

Pardos have their own unique syncretized culture. You're saying that Meztisos would "side" with the Native Americans or a Chinese-European mix would "side" with white people based on their skin color. Unfortunately, Mexico is not a native american country, and half-European Asians would not be European. I doubt that "black" or African countries (it's hard to tell what the hell is one) would be completely Catholic and speak only Portuguese.

True. Its time to bring this discussion to volume 2

User avatar
Den Sosialistiske Republikk Norden
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: Nov 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Den Sosialistiske Republikk Norden » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:04 pm

I think I made a similar point like this on this thread on another account but let me reiterate, as my post was just a one-liner with an extremely vague assertion.

The problem with immigration in Europe and North America isn't "Multiculturalism". Sweden and Germany aren't "multicultural" states, and to suggest so is laughable, no matter how much their governments claim to be multicultural. They're nationstates. Germany is a state by and for the German ethnic group, as is Sweden for the Swedish, Britain for the British, Ukraine for the Ukrainians, etc. Nationstates by their nature are monocultural. Again, they're built by a particular ethnic group for a particular ethnic group. The Italian nationstate was never built with Middle Easterners or Africans in mind. Thus, whoever lives there and is not the main ethnic group of the nationstate is not a respected citizen of the state, but a "minority". An alien. A second class citizen. Their deviation from the nationstates monocultural status quo is reluctantly tolerated at best and violently resisted by the nationstates titular ethnic group at worst.

Nationstates have always sought to build a homogneous, moocultural society that can be harmonious to the nationstates inherently exclusive nature. When there wasn't any Turks, Pakistanis and Africans in Germany for the dominant German ethnicity to whine over, there were plenty of Poles and Jews. but unlike, Turks, Pakistanis and Africans, Poles and Jews have lived in what is now Germany for centuries. But that didn't appear to matter to German nationalists. They're not the German ethnic group. Thus, they're a deviation from the German nationstate, and must be dismantled in some form or another, despite being indigenous to "Germany". And that's the most devious part of the nationstate; It's all artificial. Nations don't exist. Bavarians have more in common with Austrians than they do Lower Saxons. The Kajkavian dialect spoken in north Croatia is closer to Slovenian than the Croatian spoken in Zagreb and Split. In the 19th century, only 49% of the population of France spoke French. The ethnic groups of southern India aren't even in the same ethnolinguistic group as Indians from north India.

What we see as nationstates are artificial constructs born of social engineering campaigns and genocide. What we see as "Italian" is in fact Venezian, which was promoted by Italian nationalists as the superior language to other lesser languages of Italy. As I said before, 50% of people in France didn't speak French in the 19th century. This was changed with the systematic extinction of languages such as Occitan by the French government. All of these neat borders we have in Europe, a neatly monolithic Czechia, a neatly monolithic Poland, a neatly monolithic Slovakia, etc. That was all caused by the massive ethnic cleansing campaigns post-WWII, forcing Germans out of Poland, Italians out of Yugoslavia, Poles out of Ukraine, and so on, as to help create near-perfect homogeneous societies for the nationstate to operate in.

And for a good while, it worked for the most part. But humans, as you should know through history, are not much of the sedentary type. And now waves upon waves of peoples from east and south are completely unraveling the decades of work put into our European nationstates. Some want to resist this unraveling. But there's also many who want the nationstate to somehow accommodate these weary travelers out of some sense of empathy. This empathy though certainly commendable is muted however by the heavy influence the concept of the nationstate has had on our society. We cannot hope to so much as think of the possibility of a state that isn't a nationstate. And because of that, we don't bother to realize that truly accommodating refugees and immigrants within our nationstates is impossible. "Multiculturalism" within the frameworks of the European nationstate is an oxymoron, and any attempts at harmonization between the two concepts will end in nothing but absolute failure. Thus, we can't argue that "Multiculturalism" is bad by showing heavy violence exhibited by our nationstates minority groups. Those ethnic groups are aliens in an oppressive state built with the intent of excluding them, their family and their culture from truly being respected members of society. You can't possibly expect model behavior from minorities under this system. But instead of seeing that as an inherent flaw in the system, we turn to reactionaries and nationalists who will tell us what we want to hear, that the nationstates is a Good Thing, Actually. It's just those pesky nonwhites who are the problem.
Last edited by Den Sosialistiske Republikk Norden on Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Market Socialist. Socialist-Feminist. This country doesn't reflect my political views 100%. She/her.

User avatar
Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9444
Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:06 pm

Den Sosialistiske Republikk Norden wrote:I think I made a similar point like this on this thread on another account but let me reiterate, as my post was just a one-liner with an extremely vague assertion.

The problem with immigration in Europe and North America isn't "Multiculturalism". Sweden and Germany aren't "multicultural" states, and to suggest so is laughable, no matter how much their governments claim to be multicultural. They're nationstates. Germany is a state by and for the German ethnic group, as is Sweden for the Swedish, Britain for the British, Ukraine for the Ukrainians, etc. Nationstates by their nature are monocultural. Again, they're built by a particular ethnic group for a particular ethnic group. The Italian nationstate was never built with Middle Easterners or Africans in mind. Thus, whoever lives there and is not the main ethnic group of the nationstate is not a respected citizen of the state, but a "minority". An alien. A second class citizen. Their deviation from the nationstates monocultural status quo is reluctantly tolerated at best and violently resisted by the nationstates titular ethnic group at worst.

Nationstates have always sought to build a homogneous, moocultural society that can be harmonious to the nationstates inherently exclusive nature. When there wasn't any Turks, Pakistanis and Africans in Germany for the dominant German ethnicity to whine over, there were plenty of Poles and Jews. but unlike, Turks, Pakistanis and Africans, Poles and Jews have lived in what is now Germany for centuries. But that didn't appear to matter to German nationalists. They're not the German ethnic group. Thus, they're a deviation from the German nationstate, and must be dismantled in some form or another, despite being indigenous to "Germany". And that's the most devious part of the nationstate; It's all artificial. Nations don't exist. Bavarians have more in common with Austrians than they do Lower Saxons. The Kajkavian dialect spoken in north Croatia is closer to Slovenian than the Croatian spoken in Zagreb and Split. In the 19th century, only 49% of the population of France spoke French. The ethnic groups of southern India aren't even in the same ethnolinguistic group as Indians from north India.

What we see as nationstates are artificial constructs born of social engineering campaigns and genocide. What we see as "Italian" is in fact Venezian, which was promoted by Italian nationalists as the superior language to other lesser languages of Italy. As I said before, 50% of people in France didn't speak French in the 19th century. This was changed with the systematic extinction of languages such as Occitan by the French government. All of these neat borders we have in Europe, a neatly monolithic Czechia, a neatly monolithic Poland, a neatly monolithic Slovakia, etc. That was all caused by the massive ethnic cleansing campaigns post-WWII, forcing Germans out of Poland, Italians out of Yugoslavia, Poles out of Ukraine, and so on, as to help create near-perfect homogeneous societies for the nationstate to operate in.

And for a good while, it worked for the most part. But humans, as you should know through history, are not much of the sedentary type. And now waves upon waves of peoples from east and south are completely unraveling the decades of work put into our European nationstates. Some want to resist this unraveling. But there's also many who want the nationstate to somehow accommodate these weary travelers out of some sense of empathy. This empathy though certainly commendable is muted however by the heavy influence the concept of the nationstate has had on our society. We cannot hope to so much as think of the possibility of a state that isn't a nationstate. And because of that, we don't bother to realize that truly accommodating refugees and immigrants within our nationstates is impossible. "Multiculturalism" within the frameworks of the European nationstate is an oxymoron, and any attempts at harmonization between the two concepts will end in nothing but absolute failure. Thus, we can't argue that "Multiculturalism" is bad by showing heavy violence exhibited by our nationstates minority groups. Those ethnic groups are aliens in an oppressive state built with the intent of excluding them, their family and their culture from truly being respected members of society. You can't possibly expect model behavior from minorities under this system. But instead of seeing that as an inherent flaw in the system, we turn to reactionaries and nationalists who will tell us what we want to hear, that the nationstates is a Good Thing, Actually. It's just those pesky nonwhites who are the problem.

Put it in this thread
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

User avatar
Den Sosialistiske Republikk Norden
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: Nov 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Den Sosialistiske Republikk Norden » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:15 pm

Ah, thanks
Market Socialist. Socialist-Feminist. This country doesn't reflect my political views 100%. She/her.

User avatar
Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11973
Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:11 pm

Den Sosialistiske Republikk Norden wrote:I think I made a similar point like this on this thread on another account but let me reiterate, as my post was just a one-liner with an extremely vague assertion.

The problem with immigration in Europe and North America isn't "Multiculturalism". Sweden and Germany aren't "multicultural" states, and to suggest so is laughable, no matter how much their governments claim to be multicultural. They're nationstates. Germany is a state by and for the German ethnic group, as is Sweden for the Swedish, Britain for the British, Ukraine for the Ukrainians, etc. Nationstates by their nature are monocultural. Again, they're built by a particular ethnic group for a particular ethnic group. The Italian nationstate was never built with Middle Easterners or Africans in mind. Thus, whoever lives there and is not the main ethnic group of the nationstate is not a respected citizen of the state, but a "minority". An alien. A second class citizen. Their deviation from the nationstates monocultural status quo is reluctantly tolerated at best and violently resisted by the nationstates titular ethnic group at worst.

Nationstates have always sought to build a homogneous, moocultural society that can be harmonious to the nationstates inherently exclusive nature. When there wasn't any Turks, Pakistanis and Africans in Germany for the dominant German ethnicity to whine over, there were plenty of Poles and Jews. but unlike, Turks, Pakistanis and Africans, Poles and Jews have lived in what is now Germany for centuries. But that didn't appear to matter to German nationalists. They're not the German ethnic group. Thus, they're a deviation from the German nationstate, and must be dismantled in some form or another, despite being indigenous to "Germany". And that's the most devious part of the nationstate; It's all artificial. Nations don't exist. Bavarians have more in common with Austrians than they do Lower Saxons. The Kajkavian dialect spoken in north Croatia is closer to Slovenian than the Croatian spoken in Zagreb and Split. In the 19th century, only 49% of the population of France spoke French. The ethnic groups of southern India aren't even in the same ethnolinguistic group as Indians from north India.

What we see as nationstates are artificial constructs born of social engineering campaigns and genocide. What we see as "Italian" is in fact Venezian, which was promoted by Italian nationalists as the superior language to other lesser languages of Italy. As I said before, 50% of people in France didn't speak French in the 19th century. This was changed with the systematic extinction of languages such as Occitan by the French government. All of these neat borders we have in Europe, a neatly monolithic Czechia, a neatly monolithic Poland, a neatly monolithic Slovakia, etc. That was all caused by the massive ethnic cleansing campaigns post-WWII, forcing Germans out of Poland, Italians out of Yugoslavia, Poles out of Ukraine, and so on, as to help create near-perfect homogeneous societies for the nationstate to operate in.

And for a good while, it worked for the most part. But humans, as you should know through history, are not much of the sedentary type. And now waves upon waves of peoples from east and south are completely unraveling the decades of work put into our European nationstates. Some want to resist this unraveling. But there's also many who want the nationstate to somehow accommodate these weary travelers out of some sense of empathy. This empathy though certainly commendable is muted however by the heavy influence the concept of the nationstate has had on our society. We cannot hope to so much as think of the possibility of a state that isn't a nationstate. And because of that, we don't bother to realize that truly accommodating refugees and immigrants within our nationstates is impossible. "Multiculturalism" within the frameworks of the European nationstate is an oxymoron, and any attempts at harmonization between the two concepts will end in nothing but absolute failure. Thus, we can't argue that "Multiculturalism" is bad by showing heavy violence exhibited by our nationstates minority groups. Those ethnic groups are aliens in an oppressive state built with the intent of excluding them, their family and their culture from truly being respected members of society. You can't possibly expect model behavior from minorities under this system. But instead of seeing that as an inherent flaw in the system, we turn to reactionaries and nationalists who will tell us what we want to hear, that the nationstates is a Good Thing, Actually. It's just those pesky nonwhites who are the problem.

That was a very thoughtful post, thank you for that.
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Azurius, Big Jim P, Dumb Ideologies, Eastfield Lodge, Google Adsense [Bot], Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States, Heloin, I want pee, Infected Mushroom, Novus America, Ostroeuropa, SD_Film Artists, Skarten, The Holy Therns, Uiiop, Vassenor, Vastalon

Advertisement

Remove ads