NATION

PASSWORD

Is Diversity and Multiculturalism a Good or Bad Thing?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Katzenstaat
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Katzenstaat » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:03 pm

If Islam is factually accurate then no separate atheistic universe containing all humans in which atheism is factually accurate exists.

Vice versa.
Last edited by Katzenstaat on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MODEDIT: Meow spam removed

United Islamic Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Katzenstaat wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:Freed from what? I like being Muslim. And submission and obedience to Allah (SWT) is not something I need or even want to be freed from.

There is almost certainly no Allah based on available evidence. I'm sorry.

Absolute submission and obedience are inherently unhealthy and anyone who believes in that BS is de facto enslaved.

Evidence such as what?
The United Islamic Commonwealth | Islamic republic | Factbook
Population: 135,931,000 | Area: 2,663,077 km² | Location: Middle East
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 0; Level 5 | Current year: 2020
Supreme Leader: Abbas Mosuli
President: Haashid al-Abdulla
Former Nizari Ismaili Muslim living in the US.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Katzenstaat wrote:If Islam is factually accurate then no separate atheistic universe containing all humans in which atheism is factually accurate exists.

Vice versa.

Well Islam isn't accurate by any means but that's a topic for another day
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Katzenstaat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Katzenstaat » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:05 pm

As usual refusing to respond rationally is de facto conceding that one's ideas have few merits.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:06 pm

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:
Katzenstaat wrote:

Absolute submission and obedience are inherently unhealthy and anyone who believes in that BS is de facto enslaved.

Evidence such as what?

Well I would've mentioned the LACK of evidence but I think Katzen is getting a tad bit ahead of himself.

The Land of Home
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Home » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:06 pm

You say that they stand against what America stands for but, what does America stand for... the answer is of course, DEPENDENT ON WHO YOU ASK.
We all have a personal idea of what the United States stands for, some believe it stands for freedom, some believe it stands for order and security, some believe it stands for the good of the population, some believe America stands against them specifically, some believe America stands for the Jews or Lizard people, some believe America stands for Large foods, some for greed, some for generosity, some for power, and some for weakness. There are so many conflicting ideas of what America stands for, so when you claim that someone's ideas are irreconcilable with what America stands for, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

TLDR:At the end of the day what people believe or think does not matter, it's what they do that matters. If what they do is causing massive problems for other people, then someone will probably step in and stop them, if it's not causing any problems then it is fine. Stop worrying about what others believe, and start thinking about what you can do to make sure your actions aren't causing problems.
Last edited by The Land of Home on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Katzenstaat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Katzenstaat » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:07 pm

Katzenstaat wrote:

Evidence such as what?

Evidence that Allah exists?

If Allah exists no other deity humanity or aliens have ever worshipped can exist. That's a very strong statement.

If the possibility of an individual deity existing a priori is the same then the possibility of Islam (or Christianity) being correct is very low.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:07 pm

The Land of Home wrote:"AntiAmerican" You say. What is AntiAmerican? Is who harms the American populace? Is it one who Harms the Nation of America? Is it someone who goes against the notions of what America Stands for? There are many, many people who have harmed the American populace but have still been considered American, policemen, generals, leaders, doctors, politicians, etc. There are many people who objectively harmed the Nation of America but can still be considered American. Edward Snowden committed treason against the U.S government by releasing confidential information, but his treason was for the benefit of millions of Americans. Our government was using security as a shield to protect itself from criticism, and this man took that shield away. Is he AntiAmerican? Maybe he's uberAmerican, in the end it depends on who you ask. What are the current ideals of America anyways, what does America stand for... the answer is of course, DEPENDENT ON WHO YOU ASK. We all have a personal idea of what the United States, some believe it stands for freedom, some believe it stands for order and security, some believe it stands for the good of the population, some believe America stands against them specifically, some believe America stands for the Jews, some believe America stands for Large foods, some for greed, some for generosity, some for power, and some for weakness. There are so many conflicting ideas of what America stands for, so when you claim that someone's ideas are irreconcilable with what America stands for, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
TLDR:At the end of the day what people believe or think does not matter, it's what they do that matters. If what they do is causing massive problems for other people, then someone should step in and stop them, if it's not causing any problems then it is fine. Stop worrying about what others believe, and start thinking about what you can do to make sure your actions aren't causing problems.

Please fix that wall of text jesus what even is a paragraph.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:08 pm

Genivaria wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Evidence such as what?

Well I would've mentioned the LACK of evidence but I think Katzen is getting a tad bit ahead of himself.

Then that would be an argument from silence which is a logical fallacy.

Katzenstaat wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Evidence such as what?

Evidence that Allah exists?

If Allah exists no other deity humanity or aliens have ever worshipped can exist. That's a very strong statement.

If the possibility of an individual deity existing a priori is the same then the possibility of Islam (or Christianity) being correct is very low.

You said that there was evidence that there was no Allah. Or you worded your statement poorly.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:08 pm

Genivaria wrote:
The Land of Home wrote:"AntiAmerican" You say. What is AntiAmerican? Is who harms the American populace? Is it one who Harms the Nation of America? Is it someone who goes against the notions of what America Stands for? There are many, many people who have harmed the American populace but have still been considered American, policemen, generals, leaders, doctors, politicians, etc. There are many people who objectively harmed the Nation of America but can still be considered American. Edward Snowden committed treason against the U.S government by releasing confidential information, but his treason was for the benefit of millions of Americans. Our government was using security as a shield to protect itself from criticism, and this man took that shield away. Is he AntiAmerican? Maybe he's uberAmerican, in the end it depends on who you ask. What are the current ideals of America anyways, what does America stand for... the answer is of course, DEPENDENT ON WHO YOU ASK. We all have a personal idea of what the United States, some believe it stands for freedom, some believe it stands for order and security, some believe it stands for the good of the population, some believe America stands against them specifically, some believe America stands for the Jews, some believe America stands for Large foods, some for greed, some for generosity, some for power, and some for weakness. There are so many conflicting ideas of what America stands for, so when you claim that someone's ideas are irreconcilable with what America stands for, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
TLDR:At the end of the day what people believe or think does not matter, it's what they do that matters. If what they do is causing massive problems for other people, then someone should step in and stop them, if it's not causing any problems then it is fine. Stop worrying about what others believe, and start thinking about what you can do to make sure your actions aren't causing problems.

At least it's not a run-on sentence
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:09 pm

You have a point, but what the US stands for can be found in the constitution.
The Land of Home wrote:TLDR:At the end of the day what people believe or think does not matter, it's what they do that matters. If what they do is causing massive problems for other people, then someone will probably step in and stop them, if it's not causing any problems then it is fine. Stop worrying about what others believe, and start thinking about what you can do to make sure your actions aren't causing problems.

Haqq
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:09 pm

Genivaria wrote:Well I would've mentioned the LACK of evidence but I think Katzen is getting a tad bit ahead of himself.

Argument from silence?
Never heard that phrase but no that's not what I mean't.
The time to believe something is after evidence has been provided not before.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Genivaria wrote:

At least it's not a run-on sentence

I was having a seizure bite me. :p

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Genivaria wrote:Well I would've mentioned the LACK of evidence but I think Katzen is getting a tad bit ahead of himself.

Katzenstaat wrote:Evidence that Allah exists?

You said that there was evidence that there was no Allah. Or you worded your statement poorly.

He said that there's almost no evidence that Allah (SWT) exists.
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Genivaria wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Then that would be an argument from silence which is a logical fallacy.

Argument from silence?

Argument from silence is basing a conclusion on a lack of evidence, rather than evidence.

Aellex
Senator

Founded: Apr 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aellex » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Katzenstaat wrote:Prove Christianity/Islam, Abrahamic believers. If you can't you are irrational and we should not believe any of your ideas that originated from such beliefs.

Probatio Diabolica. There is no need to prove Christianity given there is enough evidences from the Bible and traditions for one to reasonably believe in It. It's therefore up to you to actually find sufficient evidences to disprove it. Please do go ahead.
Citoyen Français. Disillusioned Gaulliste. Catholique.

Tombé au champ d'honneur, add 11400 posts.

Member of the Committee
for Proletarian Morality

RIP Balk, you were too good a shitposter for this site.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Then that would be an argument from silence which is a logical fallacy.

He said that there's almost no evidence that Allah (SWT) exists.

I'd generally agree that religion in general doesn't have much in the way of evidence yes.

The Land of Home
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Home » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Edits have been made, I cut out most of the unimportant nonsense and made it relatively clear and concise. Proper writing takes time and effort and I rarely have either at my disposal.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:12 pm

Genivaria wrote:Argument from silence?

Argument from silence is basing a conclusion on a lack of evidence, rather than evidence.

Well specifically it's about lack of documentation.
And I wasn't the one drawing a conclusion based on lack of evidence, Kazten was.
That's why I said he was getting ahead of himself.

Katzenstaat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Katzenstaat » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:13 pm

Katzenstaat wrote:Evidence that Allah exists?

My claim that there is almost certainly no Allah is based on the claim above.

I didn't say that there is any positive evidence that Allah does not exist. This is possible though. For example any evidence in support of the existence of any non-Abrahamic deity is by definition evidence against Allah's existence. Any evidence against specific Qur'anic claims also makes the possibility of Allah existing lower than before.
Last edited by Katzenstaat on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:14 pm

Genivaria wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Argument from silence is basing a conclusion on a lack of evidence, rather than evidence.

Well specifically it's about lack of documentation.
And I wasn't the one drawing a conclusion based on lack of evidence, Kazten was.
That's why I said he was getting ahead of himself.

I know, Gen :P

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:15 pm

Katzenstaat wrote:

I didn't say that there is any positive evidence that Allah does not exist. This is possible though. For example any evidence in support of the existence of any non-Abrahamic deity is by definition evidence against Allah's existence.

We don't really have that either.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:15 pm

Katzenstaat wrote:

I didn't say that there is any positive evidence that Allah does not exist. This is possible though. For example any evidence in support of the existence of any non-Abrahamic deity is by definition evidence against Allah's existence.

Or maybe non-Abrahamic deities are simply people trying to understand Allah but not being able to reach a proper conclusion? People stray and become confused.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:15 pm

The Land of Home wrote:Edits have been made, I cut out most of the unimportant nonsense and made it relatively clear and concise. Proper writing takes time and effort and I rarely have either at my disposal.

It's still a block of text. How about you try making a new paragraph every three sentences or so?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:16 pm

Katzenstaat wrote:

Or maybe non-Abrahamic deities are simply people trying to understand Allah but not being able to reach a proper conclusion? People stray and become confused.

Regardless, whether or not Allah exists is not the topic.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General