NATION

PASSWORD

to end this lies and disscussion for ever

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Cameroi wrote:the human race is exterminating itself, and using history, along with ideology, and economics, as among its excuses for doing so.

Actually, we're growing. There's more of us now then ever, and chances are, our numbers will continue to increase until it stabilizes. Technology is far more effective a tool than evolution, quicker and more efficient. We're not going extinct anytime soon.

the growth of our numbers is one of, if not the, major DE-stabilizing factors!

(and a direct threat to the very conditions that make our continued existence possible)
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 17, 2004
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Jedi 999 wrote:go look at yourself in mirror or check which country your in

Racism, for all to see.

You are either the best kind of troll, or the worst kind of idiot.
The above post may or may not be serious.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."
North Calaveras wrote:Tagmatium, it was never about pie...

Jedi 999
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi 999 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Jedi 999 wrote:well no you cant they came here with their stupid racist ideas

No, they came there with their economic ideas. Racism wasn't their main goal. Furthermore, you're being racist against them, which is being just as bad as them. You're an Indian 'Britisher', assuming that you are, indeed, Indian.

what economic ideas systmatic exploitation ?

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Jedi 999 wrote:well atlee otherwise no i cant think of any

And how many good Moguls can you think of?

"Each winter Mahmud [of Ghazni] descended into India, filled his treasure chest with spoils, and amused his men with full freedom to pillage and kill; each spring he returned to his capital richer than before. At Mathura (on the Jumna) he took from the temple its statues of gold encrusted with precious stones, and emptied its coffers of a vast quantity of gold, silver and jewelry; he expressed his admiration for the architecture of the great shrine, judged that its duplication would cost one hundred million dinars and the labor of two hundred years, and ordered it to be soaked with naphtha and burnt to the ground. Six years later he sacked another opulent city of northern India, Somnath, killed all its fifty thousand inhabitants, and dragged its wealth to Ghazni. In the end he became, perhaps, the richest king that history has ever known. Sometimes he spared the population or the ravaged cities, and took them home to be sold as slaves; but so great was the number of such captives that after some years no one could be found to offer more than a few shillings for a slave. Before every important engagement Mahmud knelt in prayer, and asked the blessing of God upon his arms. He reigned for a third of a century; and when he died, full of years and honors, Moslem historians ranked him as the greatest monarch of his time, and one of the greatest sovereigns of any age."

-The Durants' The Story of Civilization, Volume One, Our Oriental Heritage, page 460.

That's typically how the occupation worked for hundreds of years; if you read on, you learn how feasts were held when enough Hindus were butchered in a day, and children (like Akbar, actually) were brought up beheading captured women and children for pleasure.
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Jedi 999
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi 999 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Tagmatium wrote:

Racism, for all to see.

thank you britisher

Jedi 999
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi 999 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:23 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Jedi 999 wrote:well atlee otherwise no i cant think of any

And how many good Moguls can you think of?

"Each winter Mahmud [of Ghazni] descended into India, filled his treasure chest with spoils, and amused his men with full freedom to pillage and kill; each spring he returned to his capital richer than before. At Mathura (on the Jumna) he took from the temple its statues of gold encrusted with precious stones, and emptied its coffers of a vast quantity of gold, silver and jewelry; he expressed his admiration for the architecture of the great shrine, judged that its duplication would cost one hundred million dinars and the labor of two hundred years, and ordered it to be soaked with naphtha and burnt to the ground. Six years later he sacked another opulent city of northern India, Somnath, killed all its fifty thousand inhabitants, and dragged its wealth to Ghazni. In the end he became, perhaps, the richest king that history has ever known. Sometimes he spared the population or the ravaged cities, and took them home to be sold as slaves; but so great was the number of such captives that after some years no one could be found to offer more than a few shillings for a slave. Before every important engagement Mahmud knelt in prayer, and asked the blessing of God upon his arms. He reigned for a third of a century; and when he died, full of years and honors, Moslem historians ranked him as the greatest monarch of his time, and one of the greatest sovereigns of any age."

The Durants' The Story of Civilization, Volume One, Our Oriental Heritage, page 460.

That's typically how the occupation worked for hundreds of years; if you read on, you learn how feasts were held when enough Hindus were butchered in a day, and children (like Akbar, actually) were brought up beheading captured women and children for pleasure.

ghazni is not a moghul the first moughul was babar

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:23 pm

Cameroi wrote:the growth of our numbers is one of, if not the, major DE-stabilizing factors!

(and a direct threat to the very conditions that make our continued existence possible)

Source. Growth rates in First World countries are slowing, the planet is stabilizing.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:23 pm

Jedi 999 wrote:
Tagmatium wrote:

Racism, for all to see.

thank you britisher

My pleasure.

Anything I else I can do for you whilst I'm here?
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:24 pm

Jedi 999 wrote:what economic ideas systmatic exploitation ?

No, the economic idea was unrestricted trade through control.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Birnadia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Birnadia » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:24 pm

Jedi 999 wrote:
Tagmatium wrote:

Racism, for all to see.

thank you britisher

So you're proud to be a troll/idiot? :palm:
[align=center][spoiler=Nation info][url=http://nswiki.net/index.php?ti

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:24 pm

Jedi 999 wrote:tribal states are you crazy or something there were empires not tribes

Tribal in the sense that they are made up of regional ethnic groups. Yemen, Afghanistan, Pakistan and similar Middle Eastern states can be considered tribal, as the fabric of the nation is made up of small regional ethnic groups, which disagree with federal governance for historical, economic or nationalistic reasons.

Jedi 999
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi 999 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:24 pm

Birnadia wrote:
Jedi 999 wrote:
Tagmatium wrote:

Racism, for all to see.

thank you britisher

well so you britishers are proud colonizers tyrants

Jedi 999
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi 999 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Avenio wrote:
Jedi 999 wrote:tribal states are you crazy or something there were empires not tribes

Tribal in the sense that they are made up of regional ethnic groups. Yemen, Afghanistan, Pakistan and similar Middle Eastern states can be considered tribal, as the fabric of the nation is made up of small regional ethnic groups, which disagree with federal governance for historical, economic or nationalistic reasons.

tribes are different

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Jedi 999 wrote:you cant be racist towards colonizers

What does that even mean?

You can't be racist towards postmen either, since they're not a race.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Jedi 999
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi 999 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:25 pm

unrestricted trade i spat juice on my monitor

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Jedi 999 wrote:well so you britishers are proud colonizers tyrants

As many "Britishers" here have said, they are not proud of the empire.

But why do I bother?

You think that's what we are, so it is.

Dododecapod
Minister

Founded: Nov 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dododecapod » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Jedi 999 wrote:

unrestricted trade i spat juice on my monitor

I'm afraid he does have a point. The British Empire did NOT believe in free trade.
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Birnadia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Birnadia » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Jedi 999 wrote:
Birnadia wrote:
Jedi 999 wrote:
Tagmatium wrote:

Racism, for all to see.

thank you britisher

well so you britishers are proud colonizers tyrants

I can't be a proud "colonizer tyrant" when I was born after the fall of the British Empire.
[align=center][spoiler=Nation info][url=http://nswiki.net/index.php?ti

Jedi 999
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi 999 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:27 pm

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Jedi 999 wrote:you cant be racist towards colonizers

What does that even mean?

You can't be racist towards postmen either, since they're not a race.

it means the colonizer (in this case british) thinks the colonized are there for the welfare of mother country and therefore inferior human beings

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:Quietly, of course. Gotta remain popular with the people, even if I'm working against them.

Then the only solution is to sack the rich, and redistribute a fraction of (you keep most of it) their wealth to show your noble, and progressive, intentions.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Dododecapod wrote:I'm afraid he does have a point. The British Empire did NOT believe in free trade.

Unrestricted trade between Britain and India, I meant. Having a thousand warring little states isn't good for getting material back to England.

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Jedi 999 wrote:it means the colonizer (in this case british) thinks the colonized are there for the welfare of mother country and therefore inferior human beings

Tagmatium wrote:
Jedi 999 wrote:well so you britishers are proud colonizers tyrants

As many "Britishers" here have said, they are not proud of the empire.

But why do I bother?

You think that's what we are, so it is.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Jedi 999 wrote:unrestricted trade i spat juice on my monitor

That's wasteful, of both juice and monitors.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Jedi 999 wrote:it means the colonizer (in this case british) thinks the colonized are there for the welfare of mother country and therefore inferior human beings

No race is inferior; some governments are.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:29 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:Then the only solution is to sack the rich, and redistribute a fraction of (you keep most of it) their wealth to show your noble, and progressive, intentions.

I'll have to get someone to pretend to crown me, but I'll refuse them. For show, of course, I'll still have all the power of a king.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General