NATION

PASSWORD

N. Korea Disscusion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kash Island
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kash Island » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:55 pm

Benuty wrote:
Kash Island wrote:welp there you have it...

Don't mess with NK!

well, we don't want them to have ICBMS

(NK devlops icbm)

omg noooo!!!

people are fucking dumb

I think you are misunderstanding how complex the problem with North Korea is. Calling the Chinese who have a weird relationship with North Korea "fucking dumb" as an example doesn't do much good.

it is a complex issue, but the longer wait the more prepared NK becomes, we have been warned of this exact event for YEARS
Modern Tech: Pure Despotism
Future Tech: n/al
Major Exports:
Major Imports:
CAPITERN MEMBER

The United Artherian Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:56 pm

I have a great solution. Full scale invasion.
Twice sigbanned, once scared of the wrath of the forum mods.
On this index, my military is a 10-10-7.
Raider, military coniessour, God's slowest writer.

Ambassador

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:56 pm

I have a great solution. Full scale invasion.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:58 pm

The United Artherian Federation wrote:I have a great solution. Full scale invasion.

Are you certain about that? Northern portions of South Korea would have to be evacuated, and its capital would be riddled with craters from artillery over the DMZ. Not to mention the trillions spent having to rebuild a now potentially unified Korea.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Kash Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kash Island » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:59 pm

Benuty wrote:
The United Artherian Federation wrote:I have a great solution. Full scale invasion.

Are you certain about that? Northern portions of South Korea would have to be evacuated, and its capital would be riddled with craters from artillery over the DMZ. Not to mention the trillions spent having to rebuild a now potentially unified Korea.

it sure as fuck aint going to rebuild itself with Kim on the other side.

besides of ALL the pointless wars, at least this one is justified and technically ongoing since the 50's
Major Exports:
Major Imports:
CAPITERN MEMBER

United Empire of Humanity
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 20, 2013

Postby United Empire of Humanity » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:00 pm

Kash Island wrote:The NK government should have been overthrown LONG ago

the fact that they have ICBMs is a result of weak foreign policy from our past administrations.

The reality is this....nobody gives a fuck about the starving north Koreans, even the south Koreans apparently because if they cared that much about unity and their brothers and sisters suffering they would never let a monster like Kim stand.

suppose we can spend some more years watching them starve to death "as long as we avoid war"

Before now, the problem was that China would reenact the First Phase Offensive, and we had other commitments worldwide.
True, I don't have any emotional depth to my thoughts of the people of North Korea, and now Kim III is going to get more security for his shithole in the form of a missile he can hit the country with.
SAS is like 1/3 self hating Americans self flagellating for attention from le enlightened Europeans, 1/3 people who just like to make fun of the ridiculous shit some Americans say, while the other 1/3 are /r/latestagecapitalism tier hatred of the US. You can't even praise America for defeating imperial Japan without someone crying about muh nukes.

Bullshit

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Kash Island wrote:
Benuty wrote:Are you certain about that? Northern portions of South Korea would have to be evacuated, and its capital would be riddled with craters from artillery over the DMZ. Not to mention the trillions spent having to rebuild a now potentially unified Korea.

besides of ALL the pointless wars, at least this one is justified and technically ongoing since the 50's

Its pointless because you would basically be ruining the lives of people in a highly advanced country over a bluff by the kims. I don't think people in the northern portion of South Korea would appreciate this.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Kash Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kash Island » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:02 pm

Benuty wrote:
Kash Island wrote:

Its pointless because you would basically be ruining the lives of people in a highly advanced country over a bluff by the kims. I don't think people in the northern portion of South Korea would appreciate this.

which is why I said they don't truly care about their northern brothers/sisters, because AS A NATION they should be willing to sacrafice for the future of their people and their freedom.

but hey, no skin off my bones, if they want North Korea to gain nuclear ICBM's and more political power in the region then sure.
Major Exports:
Major Imports:
CAPITERN MEMBER

Ambassador

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:02 pm

Why don't we just use our nukes? Evacuations, yes. But just one to Pyongyang would take care of Kimmie.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:05 pm

The United Artherian Federation wrote:Why don't we just use our nukes? Evacuations, yes. But just one to Pyongyang would take care of Kimmie.

You do realize the radiation would spread south into South Korea, and trigger a diplomatic crisis with Russia, and China right?

Kash Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kash Island » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:07 pm

The logical solution would be massive airstrikes to decapitate as much of their military as possible, hopefully causing enough chaos to oust Kim, if that fails then an invasion.
Major Exports:
Major Imports:
CAPITERN MEMBER

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:07 pm

Kash Island wrote:
Benuty wrote:Its pointless because you would basically be ruining the lives of people in a highly advanced country over a bluff by the kims. I don't think people in the northern portion of South Korea would appreciate this.

which is why I said they don't truly care about their northern brothers/sisters, because AS A NATION they should be willing to sacrafice for the future of their people and their freedom.

but hey, no skin off my bones, if they want North Korea to gain nuclear ICBM's and more political power in the region then sure.

You cannot have political clout if your supposed economic self sufficiency has to rely on shipments of foreign aid.

Kash Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kash Island » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Benuty wrote:
Kash Island wrote:

You cannot have political clout if your supposed economic self sufficiency has to rely on shipments of foreign aid.

it dosn't matter, as long as he draws breath there will be a problem

so you have three options

kill him and hope a coup happens

invade

or sit with their thumbs deep in their asses, which is something they have become very good at.
Major Exports:
Major Imports:
CAPITERN MEMBER

Ambassador

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:09 pm

Benuty wrote:
The United Artherian Federation wrote:Why don't we just use our nukes? Evacuations, yes. But just one to Pyongyang would take care of Kimmie.

You do realize the radiation would spread south into South Korea, and trigger a diplomatic crisis with Russia, and China right?

Fallout can be dealt with. Russia and China are arse holes. Nothing a little bit of Trump's money can't handle.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:10 pm

At the least we ought to cut those food aid shipments. Its like the selling of foodstuffs to the Soviet State during the Cold War, pants on head retarded. They should be getting nothing.

Kash Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kash Island » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:11 pm

The East Marches II wrote:At the least we ought to cut those food aid shipments. Its like the selling of foodstuffs to the Soviet State during the Cold War, pants on head retarded. They should be getting nothing.

A single scrap of food or resources to NK from our government is fucking disgusting...
Major Exports:
Major Imports:
CAPITERN MEMBER

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:12 pm

The United Artherian Federation wrote:
Benuty wrote:You do realize the radiation would spread south into South Korea, and trigger a diplomatic crisis with Russia, and China right?

Fallout can be dealt with. Russia and China are arse holes. Nothing a little bit of Trump's money can't handle.

Money cant erase the fact the U.S has detonated for only the third time in history a nuclear device to achieve goals in a war. Not to mention doing just that would give plenty of justification at least to the Russians to fuck with us even more.

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:12 pm

Just North Korea trying to flex its muscles. It does this so people pay attention. Continue to starve the country and ignore North Korea trying to act like a brat.

Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Empire of Humanity » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:12 pm

The East Marches II wrote:At the least we ought to cut those food aid shipments. Its like the selling of foodstuffs to the Soviet State during the Cold War, pants on head retarded. They should be getting nothing.

I thought Bush or Obama stopped those? What the fuck...This is probably how Kim got so fat.
Last edited by United Empire of Humanity on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAS is like 1/3 self hating Americans self flagellating for attention from le enlightened Europeans, 1/3 people who just like to make fun of the ridiculous shit some Americans say, while the other 1/3 are /r/latestagecapitalism tier hatred of the US. You can't even praise America for defeating imperial Japan without someone crying about muh nukes.

Bullshit

Kash Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kash Island » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:13 pm

West Phoenicia wrote:Just North Korea trying to flex its muscles. It does this so people pay attention. Continue to starve the country and ignore North Korea trying to act like a brat.

It's not the same, now they progressing with their weapons.
Major Exports:
Major Imports:
CAPITERN MEMBER

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:13 pm

United Empire of Humanity wrote:

I thought Bush or Obama stopped those? What the fuck...This is probably how Kim got so fat.

No, they are still ongoing because "we can't let the people starve". Oh yes we can.

Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Empire of Humanity » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:14 pm

The East Marches II wrote:
United Empire of Humanity wrote:I thought Bush or Obama stopped those? What the fuck...This is probably how Kim got so fat.

No, they are still ongoing because "we can't let the people starve". Oh yes we can.

It's not like anyone but the military is going to see those rations anyway...

Bullshit

Kash Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kash Island » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:14 pm

United Empire of Humanity wrote:I thought Bush or Obama stopped those? What the fuck...This is probably how Kim got so fat.

They need to suffer to make things better, unfortunatley. Feeding them is like spoon feeding Kims regime.
Major Exports:
Major Imports:
CAPITERN MEMBER

Rushetnia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rushetnia » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:16 pm

Firstly, I love how a bunch of westerners are essentially dictating what should happen almost 11,000 miles away in south Korea... :eyebrow:

if anything, the point is a lot of people are going to die no matter what course of action is taken. The Korean conflict should be a KOREAN conflict where the us and its allies help the S.K. government bridge the divide between the Korean peoples. The real danger is not the fact that there will be conflict, but better yet how will the conflict progress?

1. How committed is the us to fighting this? 100,000 men committed? 300,000 men committed? two divisions committed?
2. Are Americans ready and WILLING for a draft???
3. What does success look like?
4. What domestic structures will be kept intact in NK in order to integrate them into SK
5. Does SK actually WANT to front that cost? (lets not forget, even West Germany had doubts...)
6. How will US posture in the region change without East Asia's largest antagonist around to influence some of its decisions
7. How will China (Which it will...) deal with the humanitarian and security crisis developing in its eastern border

If we can look at these then we can have a real discussion about what a conflict would look like and the potential impacts.

Another issue is If any incursion into north Korea is to take place, the South will have to take the brunt of it (if it really wants unification that is...). They'd have to drop their reliance on capitalism, communism, democracy, totalitarianism, rhetoric and instead forge a new collective identity based on their shared cultural and ethnic heritage. The Korean peninsula isn't like Iraq or Afghanistan where you have MILLENNIA of strife and conflict between culturally diverse peoples who innately don't get along. They're a common people who have over the course of several decades been separated by a line and allowed to construct two opposite societies.

Neo Balka
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Balka » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:16 pm

The United Artherian Federation wrote:
It is effective blackmail. We pull the trigger, we have try and hit those positions instead of other things first in North Korea. Even then, there is no way to be sure we got all of them, Seoul will still be in for it.

Yes, but, a Spec-Ops strike on the artillery positions would take care of it.

Do you have any idea how many guns they have pointed at seoul?

most of them may be old but a 105 howitzer still kills.
The mere fact that i pissed someone off either means i stood for something or i said something offensive.
in this day and age it's both.
#garbagehumanbeing

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General