NATION

PASSWORD

N. Korea Disscusion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Targovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Targovia » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:39 pm

New Lemania wrote:
Targovia wrote:How the fuck do we profit from liberating the most oppressed people on earth from the most goddamn insane dictator in the world?

I don't get it, you're like an alt-right conspiracy theorist who sees Jews behind every murder and war in history.

The government buys weapons from the corporation that produces them. So the corporations push our corrupt politicians to war to make more of a profit.

Also I think Trump holds the most insane dictator title.

Fucking K E K
Politics is C A N C E R O U S

Gaazikumukh
Attaché

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaazikumukh » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:14 pm

New Lemania wrote:
Targovia wrote:How the fuck do we profit from liberating the most oppressed people on earth from the most goddamn insane dictator in the world?

I don't get it, you're like an alt-right conspiracy theorist who sees Jews behind every murder and war in history.

The government buys weapons from the corporation that produces them. So the corporations push our corrupt politicians to war to make more of a profit.

I think you should probably pull that Karl Marx book away from your face for a bit and just realize what you're trying to support here. Yes, capitalism is a flawed design by nature; it only works if you can get to the point where it benefits you. But, hell, at least you have the option to reach such a point, whereas communist nations didn't allow their citizens to go any higher than what they were supposed to do.

And before you add anything else, was it the big corporations that forced Mao Zedong to murder ~72 million of his own people to achieve "true" communism? Is it big corporations that are forcing Kim Jong Un to starve his own citizens while he builds nuclear weapons? I mean, hell, not saying they're angels, but you're severely jaded because the communist manifesto is wedged a little too far into the brain.
Note: The hexagram/crescent does not represent any human religion, but rather key features of our own religion and culture.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:17 pm

I'm half expecting the Norks to fire a missile into space with a prisoner trapped inside and call it a Space Ship.
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Gaazikumukh
Attaché

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaazikumukh » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:19 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:I'm half expecting the Norks to fire a missile with a prisoner trapped inside and call it a Space Ship.

It's funny because that's pretty loosely what the space program is anyway.
Note: The hexagram/crescent does not represent any human religion, but rather key features of our own religion and culture.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:20 pm

Gaazikumukh wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:I'm half expecting the Norks to fire a missile with a prisoner trapped inside and call it a Space Ship.

It's funny because that's pretty loosely what the space program is anyway.

But imagine the prisoner's fate... R.I.P XD
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:20 pm

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-4079761

The situation in North Korea is making me feel anxious right now, because of how easy it is for me to be taken in by numerous World War III/Nuclear War “predictions” – for that reason I cannot know for certain if the threat is real or not.

But at the same time there has to be a way to stop the brutal regime of North Korea from continuing with the weapons programme, because I personally doubt that Kim Jong-un will ever recognise the doctrine of Mutually Assured Destruction.

I just hope things will de-escalate and get better soon.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:51 pm

Risottia wrote:
The United Artherian Federation wrote:I'm not worried about a single one. What if they start mass production on that missile?

How many could NK build? 50? 100? 300, that is more than China? Lol.
Seriously. All they can get is a deterrent, not an actual offensive ability.

300? Ok Ris, since there's no way you could believe that NK would build 300 nukes, I think the real reason you wrote 300, was just asking me to do this:

THIS
IS
NORTH
KOREAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Gim
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:03 am

The United Artherian Federation wrote:I think we (aka U.S, S. Korea, Japan) should just invade N. Korea already. Get it done and overwith. Finish Kim Jong-Un.

it's not a simple task. Why do you think China and Russia are being almost idle against this rogue regime? They get free resources off of North Korea on condition that the regime is not attacked by them. Moreover, China doesn't want American influence bordering its northeast region.

Once the Allied forces start invading, China will counter.
All You Need to Know about Gim
Male, 17, Protestant Christian, British

Cheolguk
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheolguk » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:13 am

The situation as a whole will not change at all, all discussion about it aside from speculations on the engineering is a waste of time really.
Cheolguk

Taviana SSR
Envoy

Founded: Jul 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Taviana SSR » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:17 am

The United Artherian Federation wrote:WTF?! They finally did it?! http://abcnews.go.com/International/nor ... d=48429720

DPRK is role model for future generations. Kim Jong Un leads a great country with one of best health care in world and full literacy despite being under imperialistic US embargo. I hope one day embargo will be lifted and placed upon real threats to human rights and democracy, like Israel or South Korea puppet regime.

Korean people already have total freedom, except for criminal counterrevolutionary elements that are financed by foreign groups of south. There can never be freedom as long as there is wage slavery, which is reality in most countries who are critical of Sungs's and Jong Il's great legacy. Not many other nations have so many doctors per capita, very few having such economical equality. Not caring for self defence by implementing modern technology of ICBM that can strike anywhere in world would be a step back for the Korean people, back under US exploitation like in South. The Juche system not only has helped to put medical and educational campaigns into national effect. They carry out the will of the people by taking an active role in vacination campaigns, blood banks, recycling, evacuations for typhoons, and backing up the government fight against corruption.

It is not the North Korean's government fault that they are under US food embargo and threatened like Iraq and Libya. Neither is it their fault that they had bad luck with weather, with many storms destroying crops. It is fault of countries that do not realize reality of climate change and global warming.
General Secretary of the ★ COMINTERN ML ☭ - - - - Taviana SSR FACTBOOK
ЛЕНИН ЖИЛ, ЛЕНИН ЖИВ, ЛЕНИН БУДЕТ ЖИТЬ!

"Peace? Coexistence? What revisionist dogma is this? The capitalist pigs will fall!"

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:21 am

Taviana SSR wrote:
The United Artherian Federation wrote:WTF?! They finally did it?! http://abcnews.go.com/International/nor ... d=48429720

DPRK is role model for future generations. Kim Jong Un leads a great country with one of best health care in world and full literacy despite being under imperialistic US embargo. I hope one day embargo will be lifted and placed upon real threats to human rights and democracy, like Israel or South Korea puppet regime.

Korean people already have total freedom, except for criminal counterrevolutionary elements that are financed by foreign groups of south. There can never be freedom as long as there is wage slavery, which is reality in most countries who are critical of Sungs's and Jong Il's great legacy. Not many other nations have so many doctors per capita, very few having such economical equality. Not caring for self defence by implementing modern technology of ICBM that can strike anywhere in world would be a step back for the Korean people, back under US exploitation like in South. The Juche system not only has helped to put medical and educational campaigns into national effect. They carry out the will of the people by taking an active role in vacination campaigns, blood banks, recycling, evacuations for typhoons, and backing up the government fight against corruption.

It is not the North Korean's government fault that they are under US food embargo and threatened like Iraq and Libya. Neither is it their fault that they had bad luck with weather, with many storms destroying crops. It is fault of countries that do not realize reality of climate change and global warming.

You're not serious, are you?

USHALLNOTPASS
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 19, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby USHALLNOTPASS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:24 am

Taviana SSR wrote:

Please tell me there's a "/s" after that.
clownification on this clownsite is a real clownomenon
Australomarxist (real)

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:25 am

USHALLNOTPASS wrote:
Taviana SSR wrote:

Please tell me there's a "/s" after that.

I'm literally begging for that. :p

Chester-County
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 31, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chester-County » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:05 am

Taviana SSR wrote:

wrong...USA should make this dictator give up his WMDs and force him out of office by military action. An EMP strike combined with USMC MEU should do the trick. USA is #1 and not China or Russia will stand in our way of liberty and democratic freedom.
Chester County's WA Commissioner, Michael J. McGinley

Our FACTBOOK

USHALLNOTPASS
Chargé d'Affaires

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby USHALLNOTPASS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:53 am

Chester-County wrote:
Taviana SSR wrote:

wrong...USA should make this dictator give up his WMDs and force him out of office by military action. An EMP strike combined with USMC MEU should do the trick. USA is #1 and not China or Russia will stand in our way of liberty and democratic freedom.

As many, many others on this thread have said, using the military will only worsen the situation in the Korean Peninsula.
Should the US attack, North Korea's artillery will fire upon Seoul. This will lead to high numbers of civilian casualties and damage to infrastructure, including those of major companies in South Korea. This is of course, not considering the psychological impacts on the survivors, with (most likely) high rates of PTSD. Furthermore, the defeat of North Korea will lead to a massive humanitarian crisis, with people either rushing to South Korea, or China. South Korea will then try to combat the mental health issues of those involved in the war (civilians, and no doubt, soldiers involved in the conflict), whilst the North Koreans try to rebuild. Given South Korea's already massive wealth gap, it will only serve to ruin South Korea's economy.

And that's not even considering China. If North Koreans escape into China, there will definitely be hostilities towards them (just look at any humanitarian crisis in history). The Chinese will then blame the US for this crisis. Then, it'll literally be a game of media and political circle-jerking.

Finally, with the loss of our Beloved Kim, there will be no foil for the media. The media won't be able to focus on North Korea for dem ratings tm, and thus they may focus on other things such as the issues in the South China Sea. Or, some other conflict, where, quite possibly, the circle of interventionism and isolationism rolls again.

(This analysis is devoid of analysis of the military capabilities of the US [such as EMPs not being God Weapons] and the hilariously high costs that this hypothetical conflict entails [for the US], in both the fiscal sense, and terms of lives)
Australomarxist (real)

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:54 am

USHALLNOTPASS wrote:
Chester-County wrote:

As many, many others on this thread have said, using the military will only worsen the situation in the Korean Peninsula.
Should the US attack, North Korea's artillery will fire upon Seoul. This will lead to high numbers of civilian casualties and damage to infrastructure, including those of major companies in South Korea. This is of course, not considering the psychological impacts on the survivors, with (most likely) high rates of PTSD. Furthermore, the defeat of North Korea will lead to a massive humanitarian crisis, with people either rushing to South Korea, or China. South Korea will then try to combat the mental health issues of those involved in the war (civilians, and no doubt, soldiers involved in the conflict), whilst the North Koreans try to rebuild. Given South Korea's already massive wealth gap, it will only serve to ruin South Korea's economy.

And that's not even considering China. If North Koreans escape into China, there will definitely be hostilities towards them (just look at any humanitarian crisis in history). The Chinese will then blame the US for this crisis. Then, it'll literally be a game of media and political circle-jerking.

Finally, with the loss of our Beloved Kim, there will be no foil for the media. The media won't be able to focus on North Korea for dem ratings tm, and thus they may focus on other things such as the issues in the South China Sea. Or, some other conflict, where, quite possibly, the circle of interventionism and isolationism rolls again.

(This analysis is devoid of analysis of the military capabilities of the US [such as EMPs not being God Weapons] and the hilariously high costs that this hypothetical conflict entails [for the US], in both the fiscal sense, and terms of lives)

but not doing anything will also worsen the situation as of right now their is now good option we cant let them get nuke capable icbm's or nuke capable slbm's because as some has said they might actual use them and if they do I imagine as much as China resents the US and South Korea they'll be on our side.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

USHALLNOTPASS
Chargé d'Affaires

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby USHALLNOTPASS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:07 am

Gig em Aggies wrote:
USHALLNOTPASS wrote:As many, many others on this thread have said, using the military will only worsen the situation in the Korean Peninsula.

but not doing anything will also worsen the situation as of right now their is now good option we cant let them get nuke capable icbm's or nuke capable slbm's because as some has said they might actual use them and if they do I imagine as much as China resents the US and South Korea they'll be on our side.

It won't, since currently you have a media funnel, and Kim doesn't exactly want to lose his exalted place in the world.

He knows, very well, that the instant he fires a single ICBM, he is dead. All his wealth and luxuries, gone.
China doesn't resent the US. China partially needs the US to buy their goods. What they don't want is the US's military to be in the area.
Australomarxist (real)

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:48 am

New Lemania wrote:

I don't like Trump either, but that's just a dumb statement.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:45 am

Gim wrote:
The United Artherian Federation wrote:I think we (aka U.S, S. Korea, Japan) should just invade N. Korea already. Get it done and overwith. Finish Kim Jong-Un.

it's not a simple task. Why do you think China and Russia are being almost idle against this rogue regime? They get free resources off of North Korea on condition that the regime is not attacked by them. Moreover, China doesn't want American influence bordering its northeast region.

I would think Russia, even more with the current new sanctions placed against them, would want US influence bordering them.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:14 pm

So NK. has fired a missle which some news services say can reach LA, US mid-west and or even NY. In response, the US has tested fired a few missiles from California which have travelled 4000 miles before crashing into the ocean near some US pacific atolls.

All this is starting to seem like kids when they are in competition.

The NK. ICBM launch July 29 2017. Aside from showing the missile launch it explains the situation. Really informative video. It seems this latest missile is a game changer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxPYk3TagQk
(Special Note - The video says the US is not thinking of holding talks with NK. so far but a few days later the US department of State said they would hold talks with NK. if they sat down to talk)

The US ICBM launch August 02, 2017 -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDXXXbgSpt4
Last edited by Rio Cana on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:08 pm

Rio Cana wrote:
Gim wrote:

I would think Russia, even more with the current new sanctions placed against them, would want US influence bordering them.

China doesn't.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:42 am

Gim wrote:
Rio Cana wrote:I would think Russia, even more with the current new sanctions placed against them, would want US influence bordering them.

China doesn't.

I figure it will be like the Korean war again only this time China wont attack the US they'll just push across and create a buffer zone to limit the northern push of the US led UN forces. then the US and China would find a joint solution to have a new leader in power who's not maniacal like the kims
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:27 am

Kim knows he nukes a country and the dynasty comes crashing down. And that China will arrange for something to happen to him.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Kennlind
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kennlind » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:34 am

Good. America is the only country to ever use nuclear weapons on civilians. Every sovereign state deserves the right to own them. Should we invade Israel rn for having between 80-400 warheads? no! they're a sovereign state and can conduct business however they want. The DPRK only has nukes to wave away US aggression. They'll be all talk unless the US invades.
don't use anymore // Eglaecia

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:27 am

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Gim wrote:
China doesn't.

I figure it will be like the Korean war again only this time China wont attack the US they'll just push across and create a buffer zone to limit the northern push of the US led UN forces. then the US and China would find a joint solution to have a new leader in power who's not maniacal like the kims

If America decides to kill itself over the Kim Dynasty China's probs will be scrambling for a buffer zone ruled by the PLA and martial law, that and probs a helicopter for Kim the Third.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General