NATION

PASSWORD

Antifa listed as a terrorist organisation in New Jersey

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Donut section
 
Founded:

Antifa listed as a terrorist organisation in New Jersey

Postby Donut section » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:49 pm

Source: https://www.njhomelandsecurity.gov/anal ... sts-antifa

So on June 12 home land security in New Jersey listed the Antifa organisation as domestic terrorists, citing several incidents of political violence and intimidation.

While I believe that New Jersey is the first of many states to list antifa as terrorists, I don't believe that every state will. I am hoping that enough will so the federal government follows. This should ensure the safety of rubbish bins across the country.

Thoughts, NSG?

User avatar
Risottia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 51417
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Risottia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:50 pm

Christieland. 'Nuff said.
Statanist through and through.
Evilutionist Atheist Crusadjihadist. "Darwinu Akhbar! Dawkins vult!"
Founder of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.
I'm back.

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38398
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:50 pm

On one hand I kinda approve but on the other hand fuck Homeland Security.
Angry American who likes guns and trees
Islamophobia is a virtue
Australian gun control didn't work. A rebuttal to the "well regulated militia" argument.

User avatar
The Widening Gyre
Diplomat
 
Posts: 949
Founded: Jun 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Widening Gyre » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:55 pm

Firstly, calling Antifa 'domestic terrorists' is a wee bit of a stretch, seeing as the worst thing they can apparently dredge up is fighting at protests.

Secondly, why does New Jersey need its own Department of Homeland Security?
anarchist communist, deep ecologist and agrarianist sympathizer

User avatar
Xyrx
Envoy
 
Posts: 279
Founded: Apr 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Xyrx » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:57 pm

Yes! This is exactly what we need! Finally!
Flag is for a regional rp mates

User avatar
Athrax
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1012
Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:58 pm

The Widening Gyre wrote:Firstly, calling Antifa 'domestic terrorists' is a wee bit of a stretch, seeing as the worst thing they can apparently dredge up is fighting at protests.

Secondly, why does New Jersey need its own Department of Homeland Security?


Because post-9/11 hysteria inspired all sorts of nonsense security theater to spend money upon? Plenty of states have them now, for some ungodly reason.

User avatar
The Two Jerseys
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11367
Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Two Jerseys » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:01 pm

Risottia wrote:Christieland. 'Nuff said.

Antifa are a bunch of numbnuts. *nods*
Athrax wrote:
The Widening Gyre wrote:Firstly, calling Antifa 'domestic terrorists' is a wee bit of a stretch, seeing as the worst thing they can apparently dredge up is fighting at protests.

Secondly, why does New Jersey need its own Department of Homeland Security?


Because post-9/11 hysteria inspired all sorts of nonsense security theater to spend money upon? Plenty of states have them now, for some ungodly reason.

It's Jersey, gotta have enough cushy government jobs to reward your political cronies with!
"The Duke of Texas" is too formal for regular use. Just call me "Your Grace".
"If I would like to watch goodness, sanity, God and logic being fucked I would watch Japanese porn." -Nightkill the Emperor
"This thread makes me wish I was a moron so that I wouldn't have to comprehend how stupid the topic is." -The Empire of Pretantia
Head of State: HM King Louis
Head of Government: The Rt. Hon. James O'Dell MP, Prime Minister
Ambassador to the World Assembly: HE Sir John Ross "J.R." Ewing II, Bt.
Join Excalibur Squadron. We're Commandos who fly Spitfires. Chicks dig Commandos who fly Spitfires.

User avatar
Blasted Craigs
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1123
Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Blasted Craigs » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:08 pm

The Widening Gyre wrote:Firstly, calling Antifa 'domestic terrorists' is a wee bit of a stretch, seeing as the worst thing they can apparently dredge up is fighting at protests.

Secondly, why does New Jersey need its own Department of Homeland Security?

Well, when you have a members attacking people with things like bike locks, fireworks in bottles so they shatter and act as glass shrapnel, and other improvised, potentially lethal weapons, in effect trying to use the threat of violence to stop public discourse one disagrees with, you know, trying to use terror to get the public to not argue and accept your platform....
Nope, terrorist is what I call them. I don't care how ignorant and misguided one is, unless one is calling out to commit violence, I am a believer in allowing free speech, because you know, I like exercising my free speech, and how long until that is taken away if these bozos are allowed to silence through violence people they disagree with? The public should have differing views, in fact it is healthy, so long as
1-they don't advocate violence (and not respecting your safe space is not violence, unless you are on private property)
2-It isn't lessening the effectiveness of state authority (like stating one is police when one isn't to attempt to coerce another to do something)
3-It doesn't cause immediate harm to others *Like yelling fire in a crowded theater or bomb on an airplane)(This would also cover unauthorized releasing of classified info)
If the above conditions are met, I say let the lunatic rant, so I get to rant when it is my turn. BTW, I am a classic liberal, thus my opinion on the matter.
Last edited by Blasted Craigs on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The government in America can best be described with an analogy. The two political parties are two cats, the elite is a rat, power is the cheese, and the common people is the floor. The floor feels two cats can guard the cheese better than one. But the cats fight each other, and the rat makes off with the cheese in glee. The floor cannot leave, and soon both cats serve the rat, because the rat has the all powerful cheese, and gives the cats a small bit of it. So the floor gets crapped on by all three, as they eat the cheese together.

User avatar
United Muscovite Nations
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16358
Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:20 pm

Not sure if it's entirely accurate, but I definitely see the argument they have, since Antifa's goal is basically to use violence to intimidate people to prevent them from expressing their views.
Formerly United Marxist Nations, Dec 02, 2011- Feb 01, 2017. +33,837 posts Eastern Orthodox Christian. Christian Anarchist and Monarchist. Supporter of Pan-Arabism.
Even the apologists of industrialism have been obliged to admit that some economic evils follow in the wake of the machines. These are such as overproduction, unemployment, and a growing inequality in the distribution of wealth. But the remedies proposed by the apologists are always homeopathic. They expect the evils to disappear when we have bigger and better machines, and more of them. Their remedial programs, therefore, look forward to more industrialism.
Pro and Anti: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=uni ... id=1166847

User avatar
Sareva
Minister
 
Posts: 3151
Founded: Sep 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sareva » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:25 pm

United Muscovite Nations wrote:Not sure if it's entirely accurate, but I definitely see the argument they have, since Antifa's goal is basically to use violence to intimidate people to prevent them from expressing their views.

They're ancoms LARPing as vigilantes in the name of anti-fascism while acting like the National Socialist Party in Daesh-inspired clothing.
~ Let us form a mutual understanding of our opposing views on the matter and how these two separate outlooks will never meet in a civil concord of equal comprehension ~
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Sareva wrote:They're ancoms LARPing as vigilantes in the name of anti-fascism while acting like the National Socialist Party in Daesh-inspired clothing.

That's quite possibly the best description of antifa I've ever heard.

Zanera wrote:Asteroids are terrorists. They support a Anarchist Rock agenda, and will attack any large rock bodies such as planets in order to scare the rest of the solar system, and will sometimes just threaten planets by going close to them as a sign saying," Anarchism rulez."

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38398
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:26 pm

Sareva wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:Not sure if it's entirely accurate, but I definitely see the argument they have, since Antifa's goal is basically to use violence to intimidate people to prevent them from expressing their views.

They're ancoms LARPing as vigilantes in the name of anti-fascism while acting like the National Socialist Party in Daesh-inspired clothing.


That's quite possibly the best description of antifa I've ever heard.
Angry American who likes guns and trees
Islamophobia is a virtue
Australian gun control didn't work. A rebuttal to the "well regulated militia" argument.

User avatar
Major-Tom
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8623
Founded: Mar 09, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Major-Tom » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:27 pm

Ehhh - ANTIFA is a bit stupid and misguided, but what do they do besides slacktivism and the occasional graffiti in order to "fight the man?" Nothing really, so why call em terrorists?

And yeah, as Washington said, fuck the Department of Homeland Security. Waste of money.
White Trash Hipster- Overly Proud Arizonan - Swimmer - Hiker - Powered by Caffeine and Nicotine
Factbooks
Pro: Social Democracy, Unions, Civic Nationalism, Environmentalism, Anti-Establishment Politics, Higher Minimum Wage, Anti-Interventionism, Marijuana Legalization, Progressivism.

User avatar
Sovaal
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13189
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sovaal » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:28 pm

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Sareva wrote:They're ancoms LARPing as vigilantes in the name of anti-fascism while acting like the National Socialist Party in Daesh-inspired clothing.


That's quite possibly the best description of antifa I've ever heard.

So are red bandannas their ideological symbol?

Dirty centrist
Unapologetic Jon Snow supporter
"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

User avatar
Athrax
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1012
Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:28 pm

Major-Tom wrote:Ehhh - ANTIFA is a bit stupid and misguided, but what do they do besides slacktivism and the occasional graffiti in order to "fight the man?" Nothing really, so why call em terrorists?

And yeah, as Washington said, fuck the Department of Homeland Security. Waste of money.


Also a bit disturbingly totalitarian. The whole security state really needs to be subjected to a hard scrutiny, but of course it won't be

User avatar
Sanctissima
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8486
Founded: Jul 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctissima » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:28 pm

Frankly, they're way too disorganized and pathetically incompetent to be considered a terrorist organization, but then again, they deserve little pity.

Let them have what's coming to them.

User avatar
Major-Tom
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8623
Founded: Mar 09, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Major-Tom » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Chris Christie is a homegrown, snack terrorist. Allahu Snickerbar.
White Trash Hipster- Overly Proud Arizonan - Swimmer - Hiker - Powered by Caffeine and Nicotine
Factbooks
Pro: Social Democracy, Unions, Civic Nationalism, Environmentalism, Anti-Establishment Politics, Higher Minimum Wage, Anti-Interventionism, Marijuana Legalization, Progressivism.

User avatar
36 Camera Perspective
Minister
 
Posts: 2887
Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Athrax wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:Ehhh - ANTIFA is a bit stupid and misguided, but what do they do besides slacktivism and the occasional graffiti in order to "fight the man?" Nothing really, so why call em terrorists?

And yeah, as Washington said, fuck the Department of Homeland Security. Waste of money.


Also a bit disturbingly totalitarian. The whole security state really needs to be subjected to a hard scrutiny, but of course it won't be


Totalitarian? No. Possibly authoritarian, but not totalitarian.
Power, power, the law of the land
Those living for death
Will die by their own hand

User avatar
Sareva
Minister
 
Posts: 3151
Founded: Sep 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sareva » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:30 pm

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Sareva wrote:They're ancoms LARPing as vigilantes in the name of anti-fascism while acting like the National Socialist Party in Daesh-inspired clothing.


That's quite possibly the best description of antifa I've ever heard.

I try. Sometimes.
~ Let us form a mutual understanding of our opposing views on the matter and how these two separate outlooks will never meet in a civil concord of equal comprehension ~
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Sareva wrote:They're ancoms LARPing as vigilantes in the name of anti-fascism while acting like the National Socialist Party in Daesh-inspired clothing.

That's quite possibly the best description of antifa I've ever heard.

Zanera wrote:Asteroids are terrorists. They support a Anarchist Rock agenda, and will attack any large rock bodies such as planets in order to scare the rest of the solar system, and will sometimes just threaten planets by going close to them as a sign saying," Anarchism rulez."

User avatar
Neo Balka
Minister
 
Posts: 3124
Founded: Feb 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Balka » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Good, now if the rest of the union can catch up maybe we can crush them underfoot once and for all.
The mere fact that i pissed someone off either means i stood for something or i said something offensive.
in this day and age it's both.
#garbagehumanbeing

User avatar
Neo Balka
Minister
 
Posts: 3124
Founded: Feb 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Balka » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Sareva wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:Not sure if it's entirely accurate, but I definitely see the argument they have, since Antifa's goal is basically to use violence to intimidate people to prevent them from expressing their views.

They're ancoms LARPing as vigilantes in the name of anti-fascism while acting like the National Socialist Party in Daesh-inspired clothing.

i.....i love you.
The mere fact that i pissed someone off either means i stood for something or i said something offensive.
in this day and age it's both.
#garbagehumanbeing

User avatar
Socialist Nordia
Senator
 
Posts: 4272
Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialist Nordia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:32 pm

I read all the bullet points against Antifa in the link, and something seemed missing. Oh yeah, they were missing even a single example of even a single death caused by Antifa. That's interesting.

Edit: ah, here we are
http://www.strifeandjustice.com/antifa- ... rmed-kill/
One person ever killed by Antifa, and it's a Klansman. Keep in mind this is a far-right anti-Antifa source, and one death is the best they can come up with.
Last edited by Socialist Nordia on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Internationalist Progressive Anarcho-Communist
I guess I'm a girl now.
Science > Your Beliefs
Trump did 11/9, never forget
Free Catalonia
My Political Test Results
A democratic socialist nation located on a small island in the Pacific. We are heavily urbanised, besides our thriving national parks. Our culture is influenced by both Scandinavia and China.
Our Embassy Program

User avatar
Athrax
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1012
Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:32 pm

36 Camera Perspective wrote:
Athrax wrote:
Also a bit disturbingly totalitarian. The whole security state really needs to be subjected to a hard scrutiny, but of course it won't be


Totalitarian? No. Possibly authoritarian, but not totalitarian.


Probably. The phrase "homeland security" just rings of secret police to me

User avatar
Major-Tom
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8623
Founded: Mar 09, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Major-Tom » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Sareva wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:Not sure if it's entirely accurate, but I definitely see the argument they have, since Antifa's goal is basically to use violence to intimidate people to prevent them from expressing their views.

They're ancoms LARPing as vigilantes in the name of anti-fascism while acting like the National Socialist Party in Daesh-inspired clothing.


Huh. I like this. Yeah I like this.
White Trash Hipster- Overly Proud Arizonan - Swimmer - Hiker - Powered by Caffeine and Nicotine
Factbooks
Pro: Social Democracy, Unions, Civic Nationalism, Environmentalism, Anti-Establishment Politics, Higher Minimum Wage, Anti-Interventionism, Marijuana Legalization, Progressivism.

User avatar
Chan Island
Minister
 
Posts: 2604
Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chan Island » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:36 pm

About time. All they do is go find every rally that the right-wingers do and then get into street fights with them.

It's not even like I disagree with the principle of counter-protesting. Just heading over wearing a balaclava and bringing weapons to these things like the Antifas do just is awful.
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

User avatar
Chan Island
Minister
 
Posts: 2604
Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chan Island » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:38 pm

Socialist Nordia wrote:I read all the bullet points against Antifa in the link, and something seemed missing. Oh yeah, they were missing even a single example of even a single death caused by Antifa. That's interesting.

Edit: ah, here we are
http://www.strifeandjustice.com/antifa- ... rmed-kill/
One person ever killed by Antifa, and it's a Klansman. Keep in mind this is a far-right anti-Antifa source, and one death is the best they can come up with.


Deaths certainly are rare, true, but extensive property damage and many injuries have been inflicted by them.
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aellex, AltanUrag, Andsed, Celritannia, Conserative Morality, Disciples of YHWH, Fartsniffage, Gallade, Genivaria, Heloin, Ifreann, Imperium of Dragonia, Lanoraie II, Licana, Novus America, Paddy O Fernature, Saiwania, Saxony-Brandenburg, Shofercia, Synarchist Neminoetr, Talvezout, The blAAtschApen, The Krogan, The Liberated Territories, The Seven United, Torrocca, United States of Devonta, Vassenor

Advertisement

Remove ads