NATION

PASSWORD

UK Politics Thread VII: Wake me DUP inside [can't wake UUP]

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
HMS Queen Elizabeth
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1991
Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby HMS Queen Elizabeth » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:39 am

Because they lost. We do celebrate killin' Guy Fawkes. Why? Because Bonfire Night is cool.
Crown the King with Might!
Let the King be strong,
Hating guile and wrong,
He that scorneth pride.
Fearing truth and right,
Feareth nought beside;
Crown the King with Might!

User avatar
Souseiseki
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17792
Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:40 am

the UN have made the observation that maybe saying we shouldn't let human rights get in the way of combating terrorism is a bad idea in a world where dictators are constantly stripping away human rights under the guise of combating terrorism
Last edited by Souseiseki on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

User avatar
Eastfield Lodge
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9422
Founded: May 23, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eastfield Lodge » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:42 am

HMS Queen Elizabeth wrote:Because they lost. We do celebrate killin' Guy Fawkes. Why? Because Bonfire Night is cool.

What other day of the year are we allowed to burn stuff in our backyards without complaint and let off explosives for shits and giggles?
Souseiseki wrote:the UN have made the observation that maybe saying we shouldn't let human rights get in the way of terrorism is a bad idea in a world where dictators are constantly stripping away human rights under the guise of combating terrorism

Oh come on, does that mean that we know have to strip away human rights? Stupid UN for opening its mouth.
Last edited by Eastfield Lodge on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -5.01 (formerly -5.88)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31 (formerly 2.36)
ISideWith UK
My motto translates to: "All Eat Fish and Chips!"
First person to post the 10,000th reply to a thread on these forums.
Flag courtesy of Astrolinium.
International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
info to be added
stuff to be added
This nation partially represents my political, social and economic views.

User avatar
Souseiseki
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17792
Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:43 am

i am legit surprised that bonfire night has not been banned and would not be shocked if people making a fuss about fireworks eventually made it so
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36539
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:43 am

Eastfield Lodge wrote:
HMS Queen Elizabeth wrote:Because they lost. We do celebrate killin' Guy Fawkes. Why? Because Bonfire Night is cool.

What other day of the year are we allowed to burn stuff in our backyards without complaint and let off explosives for shits and giggles?

12th of July.

Get to burn down entire stretches of terraced housing too!
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scary Spooky Red Mans! Ohhhh! An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Egalitarian Loyal to Dragonstone

Oh i know what it is.. Suzanna.. it is you who doth not know what i ith, for i am Man Beast. Hunter of Elk, Lover of women, Sovereign of the Moon. Oh cat got your tongue? We shall cook that cat in a salty broth, Man Beast! Ill treat your like a discuss you piece of shit! Fix my Lanyard ya fuck!

Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

User avatar
Primagrodon
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Jun 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Primagrodon » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:45 am

I made this a while back

Image

User avatar
HMS Queen Elizabeth
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1991
Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby HMS Queen Elizabeth » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:47 am

DUP are only dangerous to enemies of this country, whereas Labour supports enemies of this country. That should be an important distinction.
Crown the King with Might!
Let the King be strong,
Hating guile and wrong,
He that scorneth pride.
Fearing truth and right,
Feareth nought beside;
Crown the King with Might!

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 125739
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ifreann » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:47 am

Souseiseki wrote:i am legit surprised that bonfire night has not been banned and would not be shocked if people making a fuss about fireworks eventually made it so

I can hear the cries of health and safety/PC gone mad already.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm.
What do we have that they should want?
We have a wall to work upon!
We have work and they have none
And our work is never done
My children, my children
And the war is never won
The enemy is poverty
And the wall keeps out the enemy
And we build the wall to keep us free
That's why we build the wall
We build the wall to keep us free
We build the wall to keep us free

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 125739
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ifreann » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:49 am

HMS Queen Elizabeth wrote:DUP are only dangerous to enemies of this country, whereas Labour supports enemies of this country. That should be an important distinction.

Yeah, those British Catholics are just enemies of the people.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm.
What do we have that they should want?
We have a wall to work upon!
We have work and they have none
And our work is never done
My children, my children
And the war is never won
The enemy is poverty
And the wall keeps out the enemy
And we build the wall to keep us free
That's why we build the wall
We build the wall to keep us free
We build the wall to keep us free

User avatar
Souseiseki
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17792
Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:50 am

HMS Queen Elizabeth wrote:DUP are only dangerous to enemies of this country, whereas Labour supports enemies of this country. That should be an important distinction.


the background of unionism in northern ireland is trying to firebomb civilians of the wrong religion because you're mad at the prospect of equal rights, fucking it up and killing your own then running away as the curb your enthusiasm theme plays and getting mad about the gays
Last edited by Souseiseki on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36539
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:50 am

Ifreann wrote:
HMS Queen Elizabeth wrote:DUP are only dangerous to enemies of this country, whereas Labour supports enemies of this country. That should be an important distinction.

Yeah, those British Catholics are just enemies of the people.

Cant forget about them Damn foreigners either right, or us pesky potato people, Women, or the vile gays and lesbos, or them shararara fellas.

Or anyone else they hate which is pretty much near everyone in NI.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scary Spooky Red Mans! Ohhhh! An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Egalitarian Loyal to Dragonstone

Oh i know what it is.. Suzanna.. it is you who doth not know what i ith, for i am Man Beast. Hunter of Elk, Lover of women, Sovereign of the Moon. Oh cat got your tongue? We shall cook that cat in a salty broth, Man Beast! Ill treat your like a discuss you piece of shit! Fix my Lanyard ya fuck!

Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

User avatar
Camphuys Islands
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 65
Founded: Aug 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Camphuys Islands » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:52 am

Oh god, flame war imminent.

As an outsider supporter of the Unionists, I have to say that both parties did pretty horrible.

Unionist forces are shit at firing on the correct enemies though :^)

H I J A C K T H E P O P E M O B I L E
O
J
A
C
K
T
H
E
P
O
P
E
M
O
B
I
L
E
Last edited by Camphuys Islands on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Commonwealth Realm of the Camphuys Islands
Loyal to Queen and Country since 1951.

Important facts:
England and Scotland are Better Together.
BREXIT is a good thing.
Northern Ireland is British, not 'Irish'.
Dutch, Reformed christian, and social-democratic.

A fan of good Prime Minister Willem Drees, God rest his soul.

User avatar
Salandriagado
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17524
Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Salandriagado » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:55 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:The title is..... acceptable.

And now that NI will be taking the spotlight for a bit, welcome friends to the world of 1690!


What the hell did I just watch?
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36539
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:57 am

Salandriagado wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:The title is..... acceptable.

And now that NI will be taking the spotlight for a bit, welcome friends to the world of 1690!


What the hell did I just watch?

Our we boyo Willie Frazer at his finest.

In all seriousness he is a vile fucking prick that pretty much everyone in NI loves making fun of.
Scary Spooky Red Mans! Ohhhh! An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Egalitarian Loyal to Dragonstone

Oh i know what it is.. Suzanna.. it is you who doth not know what i ith, for i am Man Beast. Hunter of Elk, Lover of women, Sovereign of the Moon. Oh cat got your tongue? We shall cook that cat in a salty broth, Man Beast! Ill treat your like a discuss you piece of shit! Fix my Lanyard ya fuck!

Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

User avatar
Dumb Ideologies
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38264
Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Dumb Ideologies » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:00 am

I prefer the unionists of Ireland over the republicans in the same way as a Spurs fan might slightly prefer Chelsea over Arsenal.

They can still both go fuck themselves.
¸¤*˜*¤¸Tʜ Sʀssʀɪs Sɴ Cʟʙ ғ Dʙ Iʟɢɪs¸¤*˜*¤¸
I know who I am. No one else knows who I am. If I was a giraffe, and someone said I was a snake, I'd think, no, actually I'm a giraffe ~ Richard Gere
The thirty-something pride-hating tsundere trans cryptofascist nobody warned you about
P x D I ʙ ʟ ɪ

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 125739
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ifreann » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:02 am

Dumb Ideologies wrote:I prefer the unionists of Ireland over the republicans in the same way as a Spurs fan might slightly prefer Chelsea over Arsenal.

They can still both go fuck themselves.

Or at least, they can until the DUP save Ulster from auto-sodomy.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm.
What do we have that they should want?
We have a wall to work upon!
We have work and they have none
And our work is never done
My children, my children
And the war is never won
The enemy is poverty
And the wall keeps out the enemy
And we build the wall to keep us free
That's why we build the wall
We build the wall to keep us free
We build the wall to keep us free

User avatar
Questers
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13867
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:05 am

A lot of the loyalist paramilitaries pretty much just killed random catholic people in revenge attacks.

If they were exclusively shooting at the IRA then that would be a different matter - that was the job of the Army and Police and UDR though.
Restore the Crown

User avatar
Tinhampton
Senator
 
Posts: 4856
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:05 am

Calladan wrote:And despite the fact UKIP have never managed more than two MPs in Parliament since 2010

FTFY ;) UKIP didn't even have a single MP until late 2014
* Mayor: Saffron Howard (UCP; libertarian)
* Foreign Minister: Ryan Terrence (TLP)
* WA Delegate-Ambassador: Alexander Smith (NatSov)
* WA Assistant: Bianca Venkman (IntFed)
* Nat'l Football Team Manager: Rachel Coltfield (TIN)
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (trigram TIN, pop. 319,372): Factbooks, Tin Stronk!
Football: Cup of Harmony 73 Champions - KPB rank 37th (19.84pts) - UICA rank 71st (3.375pts)
Author/Co-Author: SC#250, SC#251, SC#267
XXI.XI.MMXVIII - NPO DELENDA EST!

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36539
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:09 am

Questers wrote:A lot of the loyalist paramilitaries pretty much just killed random catholic people in revenge attacks.

If they were exclusively shooting at the IRA then that would be a different matter - that was the job of the Army and Police and UDR though.

Not just catholics, they even abducted and murdered their own people because they mistook them for being catholic, or because they had catholic friends.

And now they are killing one another over drug feuds in the modern day because that is their main business now, pushing drugs on people and keeping them in circulation.
Scary Spooky Red Mans! Ohhhh! An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Egalitarian Loyal to Dragonstone

Oh i know what it is.. Suzanna.. it is you who doth not know what i ith, for i am Man Beast. Hunter of Elk, Lover of women, Sovereign of the Moon. Oh cat got your tongue? We shall cook that cat in a salty broth, Man Beast! Ill treat your like a discuss you piece of shit! Fix my Lanyard ya fuck!

Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

User avatar
Philjia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8899
Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Philjia » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:10 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Questers wrote:A lot of the loyalist paramilitaries pretty much just killed random catholic people in revenge attacks.

If they were exclusively shooting at the IRA then that would be a different matter - that was the job of the Army and Police and UDR though.

Not just catholics, they even abducted and murdered their own people because they mistook them for being catholic, or because they had catholic friends.

And now they are killing one another over drug feuds in the modern day because that is their main business now, pushing drugs on people and keeping them in circulation.

And arguing about marching and flags.
'Cause is it me or do you long / Just to join the great beyond / Is there nothing in this world that matters to you?
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.
⚧ Gender and sex aren't the same thing. ⚧
Liberal social democrat. Keynesian. Egalitarian, pro LGBT rights and gay marriage, pro gay adoption, pro EU, atheist, pro free speech and expression, pro legalisation of prostitution and soft drugs (Strictly for the safety of those involved, you understand), and pro choice. Anti authoritarian, anti bigotry, anti radfem, anti bullshit. White cishet male.

User avatar
Calladan
Minister
 
Posts: 3064
Founded: Jul 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Calladan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:16 am

HMS Queen Elizabeth wrote:DUP are only dangerous to enemies of this country, whereas Labour supports enemies of this country. That should be an important distinction.


Even with the broad sweeping statement of "lets forget everything that happened in the troubles", the DUP are a bunch of religious fanatics who would set women's rights back to the stone ages, gay rights back to before the flood and would make Donald Trump look like Al Gore on the subject of climate change.

That is not something you can say about Labour by ANY stretch of the imagination.

So, for me, I think I would prefer to have Labour in power than a bunch of medieval witch-hunters and gay-bashers.

But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe what this country needs is to go back to a time when gay men routinely had the living shit beat out of them just for being gay, when women had to go to back alley abortionists just because a bunch of religious fanatics thought they knew better and when climate change was just an idea in the mind of fringe scientists and the loony left. Maybe that's what it will take to make Britain Great again.
Tara A McGill, Ambassador to Lucinda G Doyle III
"Always be yourself, unless you can be Zathras. Then be Zathras"
A Rough Guide To Calladan | The Seven Years of Darkness | Ambassador McGill's Facebook Page
"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, providing they are Christian & white" - Trump

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39672
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:38 am

HMS Queen Elizabeth wrote:DUP are only dangerous to enemies of this country, whereas Labour supports enemies of this country. That should be an important distinction.


:rofl:

Are people still clinging desperately to this lie? Even after it's been pointed out that members of the Conservative party have either been members of or laundered money for the IRA?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 125739
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ifreann » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:46 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Questers wrote:A lot of the loyalist paramilitaries pretty much just killed random catholic people in revenge attacks.

If they were exclusively shooting at the IRA then that would be a different matter - that was the job of the Army and Police and UDR though.

Not just catholics, they even abducted and murdered their own people because they mistook them for being catholic, or because they had catholic friends.

And now they are killing one another over drug feuds in the modern day because that is their main business now, pushing drugs on people and keeping them in circulation.

Ulster says No to saying No to drugs!


Philjia wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Not just catholics, they even abducted and murdered their own people because they mistook them for being catholic, or because they had catholic friends.

And now they are killing one another over drug feuds in the modern day because that is their main business now, pushing drugs on people and keeping them in circulation.

And arguing about marching and flags.

flegs*
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm.
What do we have that they should want?
We have a wall to work upon!
We have work and they have none
And our work is never done
My children, my children
And the war is never won
The enemy is poverty
And the wall keeps out the enemy
And we build the wall to keep us free
That's why we build the wall
We build the wall to keep us free
We build the wall to keep us free

User avatar
Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54753
Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby Imperializt Russia » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:05 am

Calladan wrote:
Prizea wrote:We aren't paying the salary. We're managing the Crown estates, owned by the Royal Family, and because the Crown Estates are making more money both the government and the Royal Family are receiving more money from the Crown Estates.


The Sovereign Grant, which pays for the salaries of her household, official travel and upkeep of palaces, is to increase by more than £6m in 2018/19.


The Sovereign Grant comes out of public, tax-payer funded money. If you can explain to me how that means WE (the British tax payers) are not paying for this dotty old witch of a woman to live a life style of luxury and decadence while we literally have people starving on the streets and burning to death in substandard housing, go ahead.

It should also be noted we gave this feckless wench £370m to do up her houses last year as well. No wonder the government can't afford to raise the public sector pay!!

The government can't afford to raise public sector pay because it's not in their ideological interest to and, until recently, wasn't electorally advantageous to do so.

The government has demonstrated, many times before this DUP deal, that there is a magic money tree, but it only gets shaken for their direct benefit. Not the national interest, not the public interest. Tory party economic interest.
Souseiseki wrote:we should have never base it around windows in the first place :^)

Your proposed alternative being?
Getting "Windows for Warships" working on Lizzie would be been an enormous cost and will still have error and squiggles to shake out whenever she makes her first voyage.

Designing an OS from scratch into which the desired weapon systems (all of which were almost certainly built on XP anyway) is monumental amounts of work with probably as much or more avenue for colossal system failure, since the design of such a custom OS will inevitably be handed out to the lowest bidder anyway.
The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
What the hell did I just watch?

Our we boyo Willie Frazer at his finest.

In all seriousness he is a vile fucking prick that pretty much everyone in NI loves making fun of.

Oh.

Is that what that Frazers account was in reference to?
Warning! This poster has:
PT puppet of the People's Republic of Samozaryadnyastan.

Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

User avatar
Hydesland
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14963
Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hydesland » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:30 am

Calladan wrote:Even with the broad sweeping statement of "lets forget everything that happened in the troubles", the DUP are a bunch of religious fanatics who would set women's rights back to the stone ages, gay rights back to before the flood and would make Donald Trump look like Al Gore on the subject of climate change.


You say they're fanatics, but in the context of Northern Irish protestantism isn't this just mainstream conservatism? How different are they for instance from the UK conservatives of the 1970s, would they also be described as fanatics? I'm not going all culturally relativist - but I feel the word fanatic has implications of being vastly outside the mainstream of the parent culture, and I'm unsure that's the case for NI.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clarissa the Happy and Cheerful Robot, Estanglia, Exogenous Imperium, Heloin, Infected Mushroom, Philjia, Skrotnissarna, The Huskar Social Union, Valentine Z, Victorious Decepticons, Western Vale Confederacy

Advertisement

Remove ads