NATION

PASSWORD

Middle East Conflict Megathread (Syria, Iraq, Yemen, etc)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What faction(s) do you support in the Syrian civil war? Check any that apply

Syrian government/SAA
18%
Syrian Democratic Forces/YPG
22%
Tahrir al-Sham (Nusra)
2%
Ahrar al-Sham/other opposition
3%
Turkey/TFSA
4%
ISIS
3%
Hezbollah
7%
Russia
10%
United States/NATO/Israel
23%
Iran
9%

Total votes : 557

United Islamic Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:29 am

Shurjah wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:You support a government hiring outside forces to suppress the political actions of their own citizens? So, you would support Gaddafi's extensive use of mercenaries on his own people? Oh, wait. I forgot. So long as they're Shia, it's fine, but if it happens to a Sunni, it is horrible.

I do not condemn him for hiring private armies I condemn him for hurting us and repressing us

What Iraq's Shiia puppet government does is far worse with Abu Ghraib and that they had ministers like that son of bitch Solagh

Who said anything about Iraq? Do you not know any arguments besides calling Iraq an Iranian puppet? We are talking about Bahrain. You defended the Bahraini king's use of foreign mercenaries to kill and beat his own citizens.
The United Islamic Commonwealth | Islamic republic | Factbook
Population: 135,931,000 | Area: 2,663,077 km² | Location: Middle East
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 0; Level 5 | Current year: 2020
Supreme Leader: Abbas Mosuli
President: Haashid al-Abdulla
Former Nizari Ismaili Muslim living in the US.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:30 am

Risottia wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Revoke their citizenship and leave them to get blown to shit in the ruins of their caliphate.

Revoking citizenship isn't legally possible.

Yes it is. At least for the US it is
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Pilarcraft
Senator

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:31 am

Shurjah wrote:
Pilarcraft wrote:it is though.
When you hire outside forces, who aren't even conscripted by you from your population, to put the people down in an actual legitimate protest, you just show that you're absolutely (100%) illegitimate as a ruler.

When you hire outside forces, who aren't even hired by you,

That made no sense so they are hired by you but are not?

'I used the wrong word. (Edited it on this post)
The Confederal Alliance of Pilarcraft ✺ That world will cease to be
Led by The Triumvirate.
OOC | Military | History |Language | Overview | Parties | Q&A | Factbooks
Proud Civic Persian Nationalist
B.P.D.: Dossier on parallel home-worlds released, will be updated regularly to include more encountered in the Convergence.

Shurjah
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:31 am

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:
Shurjah wrote:I do not condemn him for hiring private armies I condemn him for hurting us and repressing us

What Iraq's Shiia puppet government does is far worse with Abu Ghraib and that they had ministers like that son of bitch Solagh

Who said anything about Iraq? Do you not know any arguments besides calling Iraq an Iranian puppet? We are talking about Bahrain. You defended the Bahraini king's use of foreign mercenaries to kill and beat his own citizens.

If you condemn Bahrain's king for doing minor things and you saying 'oh poor Shiias of Bahrain' all while ignoring Shiia crimes across our region
ابداع صدقني
سواسته صكه خفيفه ما حقينا إلا الي كيفه

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:34 am

Pilarcraft wrote:
Shurjah wrote:When you hire outside forces, who aren't even hired by you,

That made no sense so they are hired by you but are not?

'I used the wrong word. (Edited it on this post)

So would you condemn Nigeria for hiring South Africans to fight Tanzim Dowlah in the north
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/13/worl ... aries.html

"Well no they are terrorist"

Well same in Bahrain we do not want or need Hezbillah or IRGC in the Arab Peninsula
ابداع صدقني

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:37 am

Shurjah wrote:Assad or asshole

Definitely the latter; his tyrannical leadership formed the conditions for ISIS to develop.
Last edited by Kenmoria on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:40 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Risottia wrote:Revoking citizenship isn't legally possible.

Yes it is. At least for the US it is

Not if you were born in the USA. Then the citizen can only voluntarily give it up.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:43 am

Shurjah wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Who said anything about Iraq? Do you not know any arguments besides calling Iraq an Iranian puppet? We are talking about Bahrain. You defended the Bahraini king's use of foreign mercenaries to kill and beat his own citizens.

If you condemn Bahrain's king for doing minor things and you saying 'oh poor Shiias of Bahrain' all while ignoring Shiia crimes across our region

Minor things? 93 Bahraini civilians died, 2,900+ were wounded, 2,929 were arrested, 1,866+ were tortured, and 500+ were exiled. These are people who were simply expressing their political opposition to an oppressive apartheid regime through nonviolent protest and strikes.

Abu Ghraib, on the other hand, was horrible, but it actually served a purpose. The American soldiers responsible for the abuse were convicted by military trial and given dishonourable discharges and jail time. These inmates were overwhelmingly convicted terrorists who were repeatedly aided in escape by forces like al-Qaeda and Daesh.

Not to mention the fact that you keep bringing it up, but it was used extensively by your idol Saddam to hold thousands of dissidents. This includes the numerous bodies that have been found in secret mass graves from the time.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:43 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Yes it is. At least for the US it is

Not if you were born in the USA. Then the citizen can only voluntarily give it up.

No there is a way to revoke any citizen of their citizenship.

Though it would take an act of congress to do so
Last edited by Thermodolia on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:43 am

Play the celebratory music!

Fuck ISIS! Fuck those murderous scum!

Pilarcraft
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:44 am

Shurjah wrote:
Pilarcraft wrote:'I used the wrong word. (Edited it on this post)

So would you condemn Nigeria for hiring South Africans to fight Tanzim Dowlah in the north

Well same in Bahrain we do not want or need Hezbillah or IRGC in the Arab Peninsula

I blame the host country if they hire outside mercenary force to fight against their people. This doesn't change. If the Government was legitimate, its army would've done the killing by itself. When you can't get your army to do that, you have no legitimacy. (And no. Both Bahrain and Nigeria have a standing military.
Led by The Triumvirate.
B.P.D.: Dossier on parallel home-worlds released, will be updated regularly to include more encountered in the Convergence.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:45 am

Shurjah wrote:
Pilarcraft wrote:'I used the wrong word. (Edited it on this post)

So, every Shia in Bahrain, all hundreds of thousands of them, are in Hezbollah or the IRGC?

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:45 am

The Batavia wrote:This is great news! Fuck ISIS, they give islam a bad name.

They also give the god named Isis a bad name. :P
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

United Imperial Systems
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Imperial Systems » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:46 am

Destructive Government Economic System wrote:
United Imperial Systems wrote:Great news, although having ISIS turn into an idea sounds... A bit scarier.

I don't get the title...

The opposite of the word "Is" is "Was."

Go figure.

Lol, don't be surprised, me is rather stupid.
DEFCON-1-2-3-[4]-5
I don't give a fluppy [REDACTED] about NS stats!
Class T3 Civilization
A 3.6 type civilization, according to this index.
-------
Independent Carolina wrote:They got space ninja assassins with teleportation and freakin' light sabers man.
Would not fuck with them/10

Me!

The Official name is "The Universal Federation", thanks for paying attention! <3

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:47 am

Shurjah wrote:If you condemn Bahrain's king for doing minor things and you saying 'oh poor Shiias of Bahrain' all while ignoring Shiia crimes across our region

Minor things? 93 Bahraini civilians died, 2,900+ were wounded, 2,929 were arrested, 1,866+ were tortured, and 500+ were exiled. These are people who were simply expressing their political opposition to an oppressive apartheid regime through nonviolent protest and strikes.

Abu Ghraib, on the other hand, was horrible, but it actually served a purpose. The American soldiers responsible for the abuse were convicted by military trial and given dishonourable discharges and jail time. These inmates were overwhelmingly convicted terrorists who were repeatedly aided in escape by forces like al-Qaeda and Daesh.

Not to mention the fact that you keep bringing it up, but it was used extensively by your idol Saddam to hold thousands of dissidents. This includes the numerous bodies that have been found in secret mass graves from the time.

This is all bullshit it served no perpose a majoirty of the imprisoned were normal men and even women being arrested for being Sunni Arabs sodomizing men in front of their families who did nothing is not acceptable for anyone not even Shiias and it was not just the American army the Amercian army established it but it was Shiias who ran it they administered it and filled with inmates of their selection for their genocide.

Now they are done in their conquest of Sunni Arabs they are now preparing to attack the Sunni Kurds
ابداع صدقني

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:47 am

Shurjah wrote:So would you condemn Nigeria for hiring South Africans to fight Tanzim Dowlah in the north

So, every Shia in Bahrain, all hundreds of thousands of them, are in Hezbollah or the IRGC?

So every Sunni in Iraq all millions of them are in Tanzim Dowlah
ابداع صدقني

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:51 am

Shurjah wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Minor things? 93 Bahraini civilians died, 2,900+ were wounded, 2,929 were arrested, 1,866+ were tortured, and 500+ were exiled. These are people who were simply expressing their political opposition to an oppressive apartheid regime through nonviolent protest and strikes.

This is all bullshit it served no perpose a majoirty of the imprisoned were normal men and even women being arrested for being Sunni Arabs sodomizing men in front of their families who did nothing is not acceptable for anyone not even Shiias and it was not just the American army the Amercian army established it but it was Shiias who ran it they administered it and filled with inmates of their selection for their genocide.

Now they are done in their conquest of Sunni Arabs they are now preparing to attack the Sunni Kurds

Holy tinfoil hat, Batman! If the majority were innocent, why did terrorists try so hard to free the inmates? Or do you view Daesh and al-Qaeda as "freedom fighters" and not terrorists?

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:53 am

Shurjah wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:So, every Shia in Bahrain, all hundreds of thousands of them, are in Hezbollah or the IRGC?

So every Sunni in Iraq all millions of them are in Tanzim Dowlah

Who said that? I sure as hell didn't. That situation is a false equivalency, anyhow, as Iraq is majority Shia and ruled by Shia.

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 am

Shurjah wrote:This is all bullshit it served no perpose a majoirty of the imprisoned were normal men and even women being arrested for being Sunni Arabs sodomizing men in front of their families who did nothing is not acceptable for anyone not even Shiias and it was not just the American army the Amercian army established it but it was Shiias who ran it they administered it and filled with inmates of their selection for their genocide.

Holy tinfoil hat, Batman! If the majority were innocent, why did terrorists try so hard to free the inmates? Or do you view Daesh and al-Qaeda as "freedom fighters" and not terrorists?

Because if they could free them they would have an army not everyone there was part of any group but as a result of imprisonment they became angry and the resistance groups knew that if they could liberate the torturing facilities they would have people sympathetic.

It was not just Daesh or Al Qaeda it was a coalition of multiple tribal and former Iraqi government fighters from across Iraq it is just Tanzim Dowlah/Daesh takes responsibility for it because they are the most popular
ابداع صدقني

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 am

Shurjah wrote:So every Sunni in Iraq all millions of them are in Tanzim Dowlah

Who said that? I sure as hell didn't. That situation is a false equivalency, anyhow, as Iraq is majority Shia and ruled by Shia.

No it is ruled by Iran
ابداع صدقني

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:00 am

Shurjah wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Who said that? I sure as hell didn't. That situation is a false equivalency, anyhow, as Iraq is majority Shia and ruled by Shia.

No it is ruled by Iran

Oh, I love you, Shurjah. You provide me great entertainment. It's like watching the History Channel

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:03 am

Shurjah wrote:No it is ruled by Iran

Oh, I love you, Shurjah. You provide me great entertainment. It's like watching the History Channel

Iran shout death to America yet they helped invade Iraq they helped create a new government in Iraq that is Iranian run now they have their armies fighting opposition fighters and before you say it is Daesh you should realize that a majority of the fighters are Tribal fighters that fight under the banner of Daesh for financing and arms tribes alone have no strength also the Baath Party helps the resistance efforts as well
ابداع صدقني

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:05 am

Shurjah wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Oh, I love you, Shurjah. You provide me great entertainment. It's like watching the History Channel

Iran shout death to America yet they helped invade Iraq they helped create a new government in Iraq that is Iranian run now they have their armies fighting opposition fighters and before you say it is Daesh you should realize that a majority of the fighters are Tribal fighters that fight under the banner of Daesh for financing and arms tribes alone have no strength also the Baath Party helps the resistance efforts as well

You want to source any of that? I mean, you're right that the Baath Party is part of the insurgency, but I don't exactly see how that helps your side at all.

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:06 am

Shurjah wrote:Iran shout death to America yet they helped invade Iraq they helped create a new government in Iraq that is Iranian run now they have their armies fighting opposition fighters and before you say it is Daesh you should realize that a majority of the fighters are Tribal fighters that fight under the banner of Daesh for financing and arms tribes alone have no strength also the Baath Party helps the resistance efforts as well

You want to source any of that? I mean, you're right that the Baath Party is part of the insurgency, but I don't exactly see how that helps your side at all.

Source for what? Tribal fighters a majority of the fighters in Iraq
ابداع صدقني

Pilarcraft
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:07 am

Shurjah wrote:Iran shout death to America yet they helped invade Iraq they helped create a new government in Iraq that is Iranian run now they have their armies fighting opposition fighters and before you say it is Daesh you should realize that a majority of the fighters are Tribal fighters that fight under the banner of Daesh for financing and arms tribes alone have no strength also the Baath Party helps the resistance efforts as well

he actually supports the Baath.
I mean, not surprising. they both use Islam as a buzzword for arab Supremacy and hate Jews, Iranians, and virtually everyone who's not an arab.
Led by The Triumvirate.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General