NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread VII

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:50 pm

Keldros wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I'm waiting for his lawyers to take control of his twitter. Especially since the court ruled that his tweets are admissible as evidence

If President Obama had tweeted a gif of himself putting the figure 4 leglock on Fox News, I'd have laughed and grudgingly admired him for his willingness to bring the bantz.

I can't comprehend how humorless one must be to think this is some uniquely horrific degradation of the office of POTUS. Thomas Jefferson called John Adams a blind, bald, crippled, toothless man. John Adams called Hamilton the bastard brat of a Scotch peddler, etc.

So how many previous incumbents actually tried to incite the people against the idea of free press?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Athrax
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:52 pm

Keldros wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I'm waiting for his lawyers to take control of his twitter. Especially since the court ruled that his tweets are admissible as evidence

If President Obama had tweeted a gif of himself putting the figure 4 leglock on Fox News, I'd have laughed and grudgingly admired him for his willingness to bring the bantz.

I can't comprehend how humorless one must be to think this is some uniquely horrific degradation of the office of POTUS. Thomas Jefferson called John Adams a blind, bald, crippled, toothless man. John Adams called Hamilton the bastard brat of a Scotch peddler, etc.

We tend to expect better than stupid ad hominem attacks from the most powerful man on earth. Trump's not attacking aome institution he has no actual power to affect, he's a powerful head of state who it would not be unimaginable for him to use his massive poitical power to actually degrade or even destroy CNN or harm its employees. Even his "harmless bantz" have a real effect

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:Uh oh, tweetgate.

I'm waiting for his lawyers to take control of his twitter. Especially since the court ruled that his tweets are admissible as evidence

Evidence of what? Memes?
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:01 pm

Athrax wrote:
Keldros wrote:

We tend to expect better than stupid ad hominem attacks from the most powerful man on earth. Trump's not attacking aome institution he has no actual power to affect, he's a powerful head of state who it would not be unimaginable for him to use his massive poitical power to actually degrade or even destroy CNN or harm its employees. Even his "harmless bantz" have a real effect

Indeed. People forget Reagan's joke about bombing the USSR actually put the Soviet Eastern forces on alert.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Neo Balka
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Balka » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:02 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Athrax wrote:

Indeed. People forget Reagan's joke about bombing the USSR actually put the Soviet Eastern forces on alert.

A lot of things reagan did put the Russians on alert.

the fake star wars program for one and it worked perfectly.
The mere fact that i pissed someone off either means i stood for something or i said something offensive.
in this day and age it's both.
#garbagehumanbeing

Keldros
Envoy

Founded: Jan 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Keldros » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Athrax wrote:
Keldros wrote:

Some impressionable youngster will give a CNN news crew a beer bath.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:05 pm

Herskerstad wrote:

Evidence of what? Memes?

Anything
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:07 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:
Evidence of what? Memes?

Anything

Call me a skeptic, but I suspect the fallout from this shitposting to be equivalent to the time he posted the can't stump the trump video
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:13 pm

Keldros wrote:

Doesn't help me that I find "the bantz" and a slew of other dank memes to be the lowest possible form of comedy, and generally really fucking annoying.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Kramania
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Kramania wrote:Quick, pass Kate's law while they're distracted by tweets.

Last I checked, Democrats and moderate Republicans/those not guaranteed for re-election don't get this distracted easily. Unsure if you're aware, but the American people can't do much other than voice about how much they hate Trump and his policies, which is what they're doing.

And these 42nd dimension D&D moves aren't really gathering presidential support.

He's keeping the media distracted which puts less pressure on Republicans and some Democrats government oppose it. It's a bit like how I keep my cat distracted with a laser pointer. Also, when it passed the House all Republicans voted for it. Even some Democrats defected to support it.

Where are your moderate Republicans now?
Watching my sanity slip away in my dreams

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:18 pm

Kramania wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
Last I checked, Democrats and moderate Republicans/those not guaranteed for re-election don't get this distracted easily. Unsure if you're aware, but the American people can't do much other than voice about how much they hate Trump and his policies, which is what they're doing.

And these 42nd dimension D&D moves aren't really gathering presidential support.

He's keeping the media distracted which puts less pressure on Republicans and some Democrats government oppose it. It's a bit like how I keep my cat distracted with a laser pointer. Also, when it passed the House all Republicans voted for it. Even some Democrats defected to support it.

The media is frequently getting more and more bored with Trump's twitter and will eventually stop reporting on it as heavily as they were (I suspect they've already started to slow a bit) the more Trump tweets, the more "normal" they seem, the less of a spectacle they are, the less attention they get from the media.

Plus, there's loads of time on their hands, they literally cannot dedicate all of their time to a single tweet, it's downright absurd to think they can.

Again, though, these tweets are destroying his public support in terms of how "professional" he seems. His 5th dimensional monopoly moves don't seem that effective from my perspective.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Damverland
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:19 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Keldros wrote:

Doesn't help me that I find "the bantz" and a slew of other dank memes to be the lowest possible form of comedy, and generally really fucking annoying.

You sound like a lot of fun at parties.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Kramania wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

I don't get what's so bad about Kate's law?!

I mean, the sanctuary cities bill seems to have had a lot of opposition, but the Kate's law bill didn't, and there's a reason for it, it is the part of the two-bill legislation that mandates harsher penalties for multiple illegal entries to the country.

I don't see the problem with this at all.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Keldros
Envoy

Founded: Jan 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Keldros » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Damverland wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

You sound like a lot of fun at parties.

President Donald J. Trump's critics are dour puritanical prudes. Many such cases. Sad!

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:25 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Kramania wrote:He's keeping the media distracted which puts less pressure on Republicans and some Democrats government oppose it. It's a bit like how I keep my cat distracted with a laser pointer. Also, when it passed the House all Republicans voted for it. Even some Democrats defected to support it.

The media is frequently getting more and more bored with Trump's twitter and will eventually stop reporting on it as heavily as they were (I suspect they've already started to slow a bit) the more Trump tweets, the more "normal" they seem, the less of a spectacle they are, the less attention they get from the media.

Plus, there's loads of time on their hands, they literally cannot dedicate all of their time to a single tweet, it's downright absurd to think they can.

Again, though, these tweets are destroying his public support in terms of how "professional" he seems. His 5th dimensional monopoly moves don't seem that effective from my perspective.

Oh yes, they're definitely getting bored with it. You can tell by how they keep covering it.

Also, I don't expect them to devote every waking minute to it. That'd be silly. But they do devote a fair amount of air time to it.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Kramania wrote:He's keeping the media distracted which puts less pressure on Republicans and some Democrats government oppose it. It's a bit like how I keep my cat distracted with a laser pointer. Also, when it passed the House all Republicans voted for it. Even some Democrats defected to support it.

They really aren't and his retarded tweets dominate the headlines obscuring what he does. God damn it, the media can't resist taking easy bait.

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:

I mean, the sanctuary cities bill seems to have had a lot of opposition, but the Kate's law bill didn't, and there's a reason for it, it is the part of the two-bill legislation that mandates harsher penalties for multiple illegal entries to the country.

Ask the Democrats. They are literally the only ones who oppose it.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Herskerstad wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Anything

Call me a skeptic, but I suspect the fallout from this shitposting to be equivalent to the time he posted the can't stump the trump video

It's not the shitposting I'm concerned about
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:30 pm

Keldros wrote:
Damverland wrote:You sound like a lot of fun at parties.

President Donald J. Trump's critics are dour puritanical prudes. Many such cases. Sad!

Or maybe they just st don't like what's basically potty humor
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:31 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Keldros wrote:

Or maybe they just st don't like what's basically potty humor

I got a chuckle out of it.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:33 pm

Kramania wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Or maybe they just st don't like what's basically potty humor

I got a chuckle out of it.

I've seen better. Besides anything that uses WWE as a meme is just lame.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:35 pm

Kramania wrote:

The democrats literally have no power to stop it.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:38 pm

Kramania wrote:

It's about having leverage to negotiate. If Trump wants something and can't get it done with Republicans, he'll have to give something in return.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:07 pm

To be honest, CNN kind of deserves the criticism when they keep bringing idiot Jeffrey Lord on.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Geilinor wrote:To be honest, CNN kind of deserves the criticism when they keep bringing idiot Jeffrey Lord on.

I don't get their fascination with that simpleton.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General