NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread VII

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:35 pm

Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:35 pm

Thanks a lot, Gauth. I rolled my eyes so much at that article, they're now stuck like that. :p

EDIT: Damn typos!
Last edited by Maineiacs on Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Hydesland
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Hydesland » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:36 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
Hydesland wrote:
Classic Chapo Trap House contrarianism - better not be seen to be agreeing with those evil liberals that Trump did something unambiguously stupid, embarrassing and literally furthering the alt right's "meme war" to promote alternative facts over.. you know.. actual reality, so better bring up irrelevant whataboutism about past presidents as if that means we can only take a total nihilistic approach about what is and isn't actually acceptable behaviour for a statesman.

It is stupid. Of course it is. That's why its hilarious. But I'd rather have him doing this than "being a statesman" so he can figure out what country to bomb next or how to gut access to abortion.

It's hardly an either or. It shows him to have rash decision making, and to be super insecure - how will his personality affect his judgement during some foreign diplomatic crisis? Him being this way increases, rather than decreases, the chances of war.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:41 pm

Zaporizhian Sich wrote:Without tax, even if their is a nation, it does not have the ability to fund and run and army or state. Thus, every time you rely upon law enforcement or a military to protect your own property, you are relying upon a state service funded by collective tax. As such, the example of membership fees holds fairly well. You are paying membership fees to enjoy the collective service of having an organisation to rely upon to try prevent theft and invasion, and to try counteract these if they occur.

If you were to go live on an unclaimed bit of territory somewhere in the middle of nowhere, without the protection (legal and physical), aid or infrastructure provided by any state, then sure you would have a case to make. But then if and when you robbed, attacked or do not have access to basic services, there is no one to call upon or rely upon. You are on your own. As such, over time, people have realised that the best way to prevent being robbed or attacked, is to band together and develop armies, laws and law enforcement to protect them, and collective public services to provide them collective public good.

Haven't you just spent several pages in another thread trying to argue that taxation is theft and must be abolished?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:42 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Zaporizhian Sich wrote:Without tax, even if their is a nation, it does not have the ability to fund and run and army or state. Thus, every time you rely upon law enforcement or a military to protect your own property, you are relying upon a state service funded by collective tax. As such, the example of membership fees holds fairly well. You are paying membership fees to enjoy the collective service of having an organisation to rely upon to try prevent theft and invasion, and to try counteract these if they occur.

If you were to go live on an unclaimed bit of territory somewhere in the middle of nowhere, without the protection (legal and physical), aid or infrastructure provided by any state, then sure you would have a case to make. But then if and when you robbed, attacked or do not have access to basic services, there is no one to call upon or rely upon. You are on your own. As such, over time, people have realised that the best way to prevent being robbed or attacked, is to band together and develop armies, laws and law enforcement to protect them, and collective public services to provide them collective public good.

Haven't you just spent several pages in another thread trying to argue that taxation is theft and must be abolished?

Clearly they were brainwashed while switching between threads.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:43 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:1) Bush didn't lie
2) That was an accident,
3) No he wasn't and communism needed to be contained,
4) I don't care
5) We shouldn't have left when we did.
6) FDR was an ass.
7) Wilson was also an ass.

Then why are you even talking with me when I'm coming from a position of respecting human life and you just hate yellow and brown people? If you fundamentally like murderous regimes then there's clearly no point in this conversation.

Is this more Red apologism? I'm hyped, what atrocities will you defend today?

I'm also eager to learn how an Anprim can listen to Chapo Trap House :^)

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Hydesland wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:It is stupid. Of course it is. That's why its hilarious. But I'd rather have him doing this than "being a statesman" so he can figure out what country to bomb next or how to gut access to abortion.

It's hardly an either or. It shows him to have rash decision making, and to be super insecure - how will his personality affect his judgement during some foreign diplomatic crisis? Him being this way increases, rather than decreases, the chances of war.

If you needed a wrestling gif to see that Trump is a jingoistic moron you haven't been paying attention. The people he's appointed, his actions while in office, and statement hes made have been pointing that way for ages.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:45 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:Then why are you even talking with me when I'm coming from a position of respecting human life and you just hate yellow and brown people? If you fundamentally like murderous regimes then there's clearly no point in this conversation.

Sir I'm going to have to ask you to stop trying to move the goalposts, I don't hate yellow or brown people. I really do not hate anyone. Unfortunately at times loss of life is just an unfortunate event. It's a risk we have to take.

"It's unfortunate we had to drop napalm on the gook - I mean Vietnamese."

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:46 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Sir I'm going to have to ask you to stop trying to move the goalposts, I don't hate yellow or brown people. I really do not hate anyone. Unfortunately at times loss of life is just an unfortunate event. It's a risk we have to take.

"It's unfortunate we had to drop napalm on the gook - I mean Vietnamese."

Damn I didn't know that you where so racist
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:46 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
2) That was an accident,
4) I don't care
6) FDR was an ass.

Then why are you even talking with me when I'm coming from a position of respecting human life and you just hate yellow and brown people? If you fundamentally like murderous regimes then there's clearly no point in this conversation.

What the hell man.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:"It's unfortunate we had to drop napalm on the gook - I mean Vietnamese."

Damn I didn't know that you where so racist

He persecutes Nap for him about to have a mixed race kid. It's really sad.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:48 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:"a few"

1) Bush lied to start a war that killed hundreds of thousands, 2) Clinton bombed a medicine factory to distract from his affair, 3) Reagan was mentally diseased and illegally funded death squads, 4) Nixon destroyed Cambodia in secret, and along with JFK and LBJ, 5) conducted a war in Vietnam that killed millions. 6) FDR put Japanese-americans in internment camps, 7) Wilson as I mentioned previously cracked down on free speech. That's just a handful of the many examples from only the last century. The list goes on and on. Adams, Jackson, Polk, Buchanan, Mckinley, and many more also did horrible things. Fuck respect. The office and the people that have occupied it deserve only scorn.

1) Bush didn't lie
2) That was an accident,
4) I don't care
6) FDR was an ass.

You may or may not have suddenly become my new favorite person in the last few seconds.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:50 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
2) That was an accident,
4) I don't care
6) FDR was an ass.

You may or may not have suddenly become my new favorite person in the last few seconds.

Better dead then red

The East Marches II wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Damn I didn't know that you where so racist

Damn
Last edited by Thermodolia on Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Hydesland
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Hydesland » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:51 pm

MERIZoC wrote:If you needed a wrestling gif to see that Trump is a jingoistic moron you haven't been paying attention. The people he's appointed, his actions while in office, and statement hes made have been pointing that way for ages.

But actually we do need to be reminded about what's going on here, we can't let his behaviour be normalised.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:54 pm

Hydesland wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:If you needed a wrestling gif to see that Trump is a jingoistic moron you haven't been paying attention. The people he's appointed, his actions while in office, and statement hes made have been pointing that way for ages.

But actually we do need to be reminded about what's going on here, we can't let his behaviour be normalised.

It is normal tho. On what actually matters at least. Optics aside Trump is a standard republican politician. He's gonna do the same things they would do. An image doesn't matter as much as what actually happens.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:56 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
Hydesland wrote:

It is normal tho. On what actually matters at least. Optics aside Trump is a standard republican politician. He's gonna do the same things they would do. An image doesn't matter as much as what actually happens.

What!? No he's not Bush didn't act like this and neither did Reagan or any other republican president. Trump is in a world of his own
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:56 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Damn I didn't know that you where so racist

It me, the anti micegenist

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:57 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:It is normal tho. On what actually matters at least. Optics aside Trump is a standard republican politician. He's gonna do the same things they would do. An image doesn't matter as much as what actually happens.

What!? No he's not Bush didn't act like this and neither did Reagan or any other republican president. Trump is in a world of his own

We're talking about jingoism and you say bush and Reagan didn't act like this? Can I have what you're smoking?

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:59 pm

MERIZoC wrote:

It me, the anti micegenist

And yet you throw stones from a glass house at Therm. Sad!

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:00 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:What!? No he's not Bush didn't act like this and neither did Reagan or any other republican president. Trump is in a world of his own

We're talking about jingoism and you say bush and Reagan didn't act like this? Can I have what you're smoking?

They didn't act like idiots and Bush and Reagan weren't jingoistic
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Damverland
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:01 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:We're talking about jingoism and you say bush and Reagan didn't act like this? Can I have what you're smoking?

They didn't act like idiots and Bush and Reagan weren't jingoistic

I mean...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanistan
Last edited by Damverland on Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:03 pm

Damverland wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:They didn't act like idiots and Bush and Reagan weren't jingoistic

I mean...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Af ... %93present)

One was on bad intel.

And the other was to stop the spread of communism

Not exactly jingoistic there. Bush didn't just up and declare war out of the blue and neither did Reagan
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:07 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
2) That was an accident,
4) I don't care
6) FDR was an ass.

Wasn't the last guy who ran the country brown?
Last edited by New haven america on Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Washington Resistance Army
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:"a few"

1) Bush lied to start a war that killed hundreds of thousands, 2) Clinton bombed a medicine factory to distract from his affair, 3) Reagan was mentally diseased and illegally funded death squads, 4) Nixon destroyed Cambodia in secret, and along with JFK and LBJ, 5) conducted a war in Vietnam that killed millions. 6) FDR put Japanese-americans in internment camps, 7) Wilson as I mentioned previously cracked down on free speech. That's just a handful of the many examples from only the last century. The list goes on and on. Adams, Jackson, Polk, Buchanan, Mckinley, and many more also did horrible things. Fuck respect. The office and the people that have occupied it deserve only scorn.

1) Bush didn't lie
2) That was an accident,
4) I don't care
6) FDR was an ass.

Another one sees the light!
Hellenic Polytheist, Socialist

Keldros
Envoy

Founded: Jan 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Keldros » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:13 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
Hydesland wrote:

lolwut

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General