NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread VII

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:43 am

Keldros wrote:This is insane! Some impressionable youngster will see that Tweet and he'll spray a CNN news crew with beer before giving them Stone Cold stunners! *glass shatters*

I am not sure I understand your premise.

And a government trying to drum up animosity towards the media is always a bad thing in a theoretical democracy.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Keldros
Envoy

Founded: Jan 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Keldros » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:48 am

Vassenor wrote:
Keldros wrote:This is insane! Some impressionable youngster will see that Tweet and he'll spray a CNN news crew with beer before giving them Stone Cold stunners! *glass shatters*

And a government trying to drum up animosity towards the media is always a bad thing in a theoretical democracy.

If I were a Democratic operative, I'd photoshop their 2020 nominee's face over Austin's and start airing this clip:

https://youtu.be/UTtfVOyVsf0

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:48 am

Keldros wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

If I were a Democratic operative, I'd photoshop their 2020 nominee's face over Austin's and start airing this clip:

No, because inciting violence against a candidate is bad too. We're not big on "well the 2A people can deal with her" thing.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:55 am

Keldros wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

No because that's dumb and doesn't help anyone
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Damverland
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:55 am

MERIZoC wrote:The wrestling tweet is hilarious and anyone who says otherwise needs to lighten up.

Yeah I don't see what's bad about it. I think people only hate it because Trump tweeted it. If he wants to shitpost a little, let him do it.

Sane Outcasts
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 19, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sane Outcasts » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:57 am

Vassenor wrote:
Keldros wrote:

No, because inciting violence against a candidate is bad too. We're not big on "well the 2A people can deal with her" thing.

I think we've left the realm of serious political discussion and entered the arena of wrestling jokes.

Get it, arena?....

I'll show myself out.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:59 am

Damverland wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:The wrestling tweet is hilarious and anyone who says otherwise needs to lighten up.

Yeah I don't see what's bad about it. I think people only hate it because Trump tweeted it. If he wants to shitpost a little, let him do it.

Hes the president of the United States not some edgy teen. There's a certain amount of respect one has to have for the office. And by tweeting like this Trump has shown that he doesn't have the respect for the office
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:59 am

Damverland wrote:

People don't like it because it could encourage some to literally beat up the media.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:04 am

Geilinor wrote:
Damverland wrote:Yeah I don't see what's bad about it. I think people only hate it because Trump tweeted it. If he wants to shitpost a little, let him do it.

People don't like it because it could encourage some to literally beat up the media.

I don't like because that and because it's disrespectful of the office
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Damverland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:08 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Damverland wrote:Yeah I don't see what's bad about it. I think people only hate it because Trump tweeted it. If he wants to shitpost a little, let him do it.

Hes the president of the United States not some edgy teen. There's a certain amount of respect one has to have for the office. And by tweeting like this Trump has shown that he doesn't have the respect for the office

Presidents have done dumber, gimmickier things than this. Look hard enough and you'll find some examples.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:09 am

Damverland wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Hes the president of the United States not some edgy teen. There's a certain amount of respect one has to have for the office. And by tweeting like this Trump has shown that he doesn't have the respect for the office

Presidents have done dumber, gimmickier things than this. Look hard enough and you'll find some examples.

Since you're arguing that perhaps you can provide some.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:11 am

If Obama tweeted a cat pic in his term everyone right-leaning would have howled UNPRESIDENTIAL and lecture everyone on decorum.
Last edited by Gauthier on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Damverland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:12 am

Vassenor wrote:
Damverland wrote:Presidents have done dumber, gimmickier things than this. Look hard enough and you'll find some examples.

Since you're arguing that perhaps you can provide some.

I can't right now, on mobile.
Gauthier wrote:

If Obama tweeted a cat pic in his term everyone right-leaning would have howled UNPRESIDENTIAL and lecture everyone on decorum.

Whataboutism.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:12 am

Damverland wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Hes the president of the United States not some edgy teen. There's a certain amount of respect one has to have for the office. And by tweeting like this Trump has shown that he doesn't have the respect for the office

This is the only thing I can think of.
Last edited by Geilinor on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:15 am

Damverland wrote:

That could be construed as a whataboutism. Besides I don't approve of those gimmicks.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Keldros
Envoy

Founded: Jan 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Keldros » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:16 am

The Right is full of fun loving, hell raising rebels laughing their way to victory, and the Left is a bunch of uptight squares spluttering outrage about how the young punks have no respect for decorum and tradition. Best possible timeline.
Last edited by Keldros on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Damverland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:18 am

Keldros wrote:The Right is full of fun loving, hell raising rebels laughing their way to victory, and the Left is spluttering outrage about how the young punks have no respect for decorum and tradition. Best possible timeline.

It's bizzare, isn't it? A decade and a half ago it was the other way around.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:19 am

Damverland wrote:
Gauthier wrote:If Obama tweeted a cat pic in his term everyone right-leaning would have howled UNPRESIDENTIAL and lecture everyone on decorum.

Whataboutism.

From the side that cries "What About Hillary!?" whenever Trump fucks up.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Geilinor
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:20 am

Keldros wrote:The Right is full of fun loving, hell raising rebels laughing their way to victory, and the Left is a bunch of uptight squares spluttering outrage about how the young punks have no respect for decorum and tradition. Best possible timeline.

What the right is trying to do in power isn't worth laughing about though.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:21 am

Gauthier wrote:
Damverland wrote:
Whataboutism.

From the side that cries "What About Hillary!?" whenever Trump fucks up.

Of course, people like you rush to defend her and derail the debate. It's a great tactic tbh. You just have to not bite.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:22 am

The East Marches II wrote:
Gauthier wrote:From the side that cries "What About Hillary!?" whenever Trump fucks up.

Of course, people like you rush to defend her and derail the debate. It's a great tactic tbh. You just have to not bite.

That was neither a defense or derail.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:23 am

Keldros wrote:The Right is full of fun loving, hell raising rebels laughing their way to victory, and the Left is a bunch of uptight squares spluttering outrage about how the young punks have no respect for decorum and tradition. Best possible timeline.

Right...

I'm neither right nor left and I still think that there's a necessary level of respect for the office of the president. And tweeting like some teenage edgelord isn't respectful of the office.

The president is supposed to be a uniter of the people. The president is not only the leader of the government but the figure head of America and tweeting like an idiot doesn't respect that.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:24 am

Genivaria wrote:
The East Marches II wrote:

That was neither a defense or derail.

I was referring to his previous performances and why such a tactic is continuing to be used regularly as he comments.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:24 am

Damverland wrote:
Keldros wrote:The Right is full of fun loving, hell raising rebels laughing their way to victory, and the Left is spluttering outrage about how the young punks have no respect for decorum and tradition. Best possible timeline.

It's bizzare, isn't it? A decade and a half ago it was the other way around.

No not at all.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:25 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Damverland wrote:It's bizzare, isn't it? A decade and a half ago it was the other way around.

No not at all.

Rule of Cool always wins.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General