NATION

PASSWORD

Did you like Mass Effect 2?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jordaxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordaxia » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Mirkana wrote:I found her hatred of geth understandable. My Shepard had a shoot-on-sight policy for geth until I met LEGION. Tali's views will (hopefully) be moderated by the time of ME3. I intend to get the geth to give the quarians back their homeworld (which they probably will). Then I have both the geth and the quarians on my side for when the Reapers arrive. I should also be able to get Wrex and his krogan, and of course my devoted army of rachni.

Really? I always found the anti-geth racism repulsive, even in ME1 where they were the bad guys. OSHIT OUR CREATIONS ARE ALIVE WE HAVE TO DESTROY THEM is something monsters would do, and the Quarians got what they deserved. Not only that, but as ME2 shows, the Geth weren't even vengeful, spiteful types. After they secured their own existence, they were more than happy to not interfere with anybody, not impose their will on anybody. The Geth are the most ethical species in the galaxy, if you look at it.
...gorgonopsids.

KenKenpachi
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby KenKenpachi » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Jordaxia wrote:
Mirkana wrote:I found her hatred of geth understandable. My Shepard had a shoot-on-sight policy for geth until I met LEGION. Tali's views will (hopefully) be moderated by the time of ME3. I intend to get the geth to give the quarians back their homeworld (which they probably will). Then I have both the geth and the quarians on my side for when the Reapers arrive. I should also be able to get Wrex and his krogan, and of course my devoted army of rachni.

Really? I always found the anti-geth racism repulsive, even in ME1 where they were the bad guys. OSHIT OUR CREATIONS ARE ALIVE WE HAVE TO DESTROY THEM is something monsters would do, and the Quarians got what they deserved. Not only that, but as ME2 shows, the Geth weren't even vengeful, spiteful types. After they secured their own existence, they were more than happy to not interfere with anybody, not impose their will on anybody. The Geth are the most ethical species in the galaxy, if you look at it.

Yeah no nevermind they attacked anyone or anything savagely that came into the system, even diplomatic missions.
MAKE WAR NOT LOVE
"Sanity? I don't remember having such a thing to begin with." ""Sanity? Worthless things like that, I would not have as long as I can remember."

"Nation States General board. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

Jordaxia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jordaxia » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:54 pm

KenKenpachi wrote:Yeah no nevermind they attacked anyone or anything savagely that came into the system, even diplomatic missions.

When the species coming for diplomatic overtures is the same one that just tried to genocide you, you are allowed to defend your sovereignty. Would you believe the bitter Quarians really just came to 'talk'?
...gorgonopsids.

KenKenpachi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby KenKenpachi » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:24 pm

Jordaxia wrote:
KenKenpachi wrote:Yeah no nevermind they attacked anyone or anything savagely that came into the system, even diplomatic missions.

When the species coming for diplomatic overtures is the same one that just tried to genocide you, you are allowed to defend your sovereignty. Would you believe the bitter Quarians really just came to 'talk'?

Nooo the Council tried sending in help, praticularly the Assari if I remember right. (its in the books) They attack any Organics that enter the system, the only reasson Sarin didn't get his ass stomped was his buddy the ship.
MAKE WAR NOT LOVE
"Sanity? I don't remember having such a thing to begin with." ""Sanity? Worthless things like that, I would not have as long as I can remember."

"Nation States General board. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

Demen
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Demen » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:26 pm

FUCK YES.

Jordaxia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jordaxia » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:37 pm

KenKenpachi wrote:
Jordaxia wrote:

Nooo the Council tried sending in help, praticularly the Assari if I remember right. (its in the books) They attack any Organics that enter the system, the only reasson Sarin didn't get his ass stomped was his buddy the ship.

I really don't accept the books as all that canonical. Given the Geths stance of strict noninterventionism and believing races should make their own destiny, outright hostility to all organics is inconsistent with their character. The geths actions in the game so far, haven't happened. Only the actions of a rebel group, the 'heretics' have been hostile. Also, given it's said in the game 'nobody has seen the Geth in 300 years' it disputes that the council have been trying to talk to them and getting shot at.
...gorgonopsids.

KenKenpachi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby KenKenpachi » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:35 am

Jordaxia wrote:I really don't accept the books as all that canonical. Given the Geths stance of strict noninterventionism and believing races should make their own destiny, outright hostility to all organics is inconsistent with their character. The geths actions in the game so far, haven't happened. Only the actions of a rebel group, the 'heretics' have been hostile. Also, given it's said in the game 'nobody has seen the Geth in 300 years' it disputes that the council have been trying to talk to them and getting shot at.

Why some people ignore the books in alot of things beats me :P But from what it seems there more of home bodies, you keep out, they stay in. As to 300 years, yes thats true given everyone gave up on contacting them and the Taurins posted patrol ships in the region to see when they decided to spread out which they never did.

To me the whole deal reminds me of WW2 Nazi Germany, say the Germans built the jews for slave labor (yes yes that didn't happen just sayin) then the Jews became selfaware and the germans were like OH SHIT THEY'LL KILL US ALL!!! *builds gas chambers* however the jews revolt throw Germans into the North Sea (those that live) who forever move about on German War and cargo ships, then the UK sends someone to talk trying to calm shit down, for his part he's killed and his body and ship thrown into hte north Sea for the English to find, who then go "screw this" *stays home*.
MAKE WAR NOT LOVE

Vervaria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Vervaria » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:23 am

KenKenpachi wrote:
Jordaxia wrote:I really don't accept the books as all that canonical. Given the Geths stance of strict noninterventionism and believing races should make their own destiny, outright hostility to all organics is inconsistent with their character. The geths actions in the game so far, haven't happened. Only the actions of a rebel group, the 'heretics' have been hostile. Also, given it's said in the game 'nobody has seen the Geth in 300 years' it disputes that the council have been trying to talk to them and getting shot at.

Why some people ignore the books in alot of things beats me :P But from what it seems there more of home bodies, you keep out, they stay in. As to 300 years, yes thats true given everyone gave up on contacting them and the Taurins posted patrol ships in the region to see when they decided to spread out which they never did.

To me the whole deal reminds me of WW2 Nazi Germany, say the Germans built the jews for slave labor (yes yes that didn't happen just sayin) then the Jews became selfaware and the germans were like OH SHIT THEY'LL KILL US ALL!!! *builds gas chambers* however the jews revolt throw Germans into the North Sea (those that live) who forever move about on German War and cargo ships, then the UK sends someone to talk trying to calm shit down, for his part he's killed and his body and ship thrown into hte north Sea for the English to find, who then go "screw this" *stays home*.

Well the games trump the books as canon, similar to the way the Star Wars movies trump books or video games.
Lulz: viewtopic.php?p=2707685#p2707685
Fact book
Robustian wrote:If you disagree with me, you are wrong. Period.

Ashmoria wrote:it worries me more when people who hate the government and dont think it can do a good job at anything get into power and start running things.

Wanderjar wrote:hiding behind this "I WANT SOURCES" wall is very quaint

Self--Esteem wrote:No. I love smearing those people who evidently like their country blown by a nuke and who are too foolish to realise that middle-eastern terrorism is nothing to be fond of.

Novistranaya wrote:After the Civil War, the majority of Southerners were more than happy to accept defeat and acknowledge the fact that (though not immediately) blacks were going to have the same rights as them.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 am

Non Aligned States wrote:Renegade in ME2 is more about being Dirty Harry, while Paragon is about being Picard.

Yahtzee?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Ramsetia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramsetia » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:29 am

No, no I didn't. It felt hollow, shallow, and like someone had forced bioware to aim for Halo's audience.

The first game was too simple, too. How far must I go for a truly epic and complex game!? I want to be used and abused by complexity and depth, not coddled by point-and-shoot mechanics.

And the SMG was stupid, the heavy weapons were stupid (didn't even use them on my first playthrough) I'm an IN-FIL-TRA-TOR not a soldier. I don't assault, I don't need an assault-rated shotgun or a gumpy grenade launcher with very little actual use. My imported shepard was wearing heavy armour despite the fact I didn't even unlock the medium stuff in ME1, the setting seemed to be 'dark for dark's sake' and just...gah...

I won't be getting ME3.
Our national Embassy Programme: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30197
Our Standard Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30375&start=0
Our FT-specific Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47987&start=0
My photobucket: http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/houseckatna/ speak, 'friend', and enter.

I do request-art for weapons, vehicles, and soldiers. Telegramme me for further details, or if you've given me a request that I seem to have forgotten.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:30 am

Ramsetia wrote:No, no I didn't. It felt hollow, shallow, and like someone had forced bioware to aim for Halo's audience.

The first game was too simple, too. How far must I go for a truly epic and complex game!? I want to be used and abused by complexity and depth, not coddled by point-and-shoot mechanics.

And the SMG was stupid, the heavy weapons were stupid (didn't even use them on my first playthrough) I'm an IN-FIL-TRA-TOR not a soldier. I don't assault, I don't need an assault-rated shotgun or a gumpy grenade launcher with very little actual use. My imported shepard was wearing heavy armour despite the fact I didn't even unlock the medium stuff in ME1, the setting seemed to be 'dark for dark's sake' and just...gah...

I won't be getting ME3.

You didn't use the heavy weapons at all? The hell were you playing on? Casual?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Vervaria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Vervaria » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:33 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Ramsetia wrote:No, no I didn't. It felt hollow, shallow, and like someone had forced bioware to aim for Halo's audience.

I won't be getting ME3.

You didn't use the heavy weapons at all? The hell were you playing on? Casual?

The armor isn't intended to be heavy or light either as far as I'm aware, that's just the way it looks.
Lulz: viewtopic.php?p=2707685#p2707685
Fact book
Robustian wrote:If you disagree with me, you are wrong. Period.

Ashmoria wrote:it worries me more when people who hate the government and dont think it can do a good job at anything get into power and start running things.

Wanderjar wrote:hiding behind this "I WANT SOURCES" wall is very quaint

Self--Esteem wrote:No. I love smearing those people who evidently like their country blown by a nuke and who are too foolish to realise that middle-eastern terrorism is nothing to be fond of.

Novistranaya wrote:After the Civil War, the majority of Southerners were more than happy to accept defeat and acknowledge the fact that (though not immediately) blacks were going to have the same rights as them.

Ramsetia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramsetia » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:39 am

Vervaria wrote:The armor isn't intended to be heavy or light either as far as I'm aware, that's just the way it looks.

I'm aware. It still irritates me to no end. My shepard wasn't checked out in anything other than the lightest armours, so it's jarring to see her running around the normandy in heavy kit at the start of the game

Conserative Morality wrote:You didn't use the heavy weapons at all? The hell were you playing on? Casual?

'hardcore' difficulty. All it took was sniper rifles and creativity. It kinda sucks that they removed sabotage and messed with overload, though.
My photobucket: http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/houseckatna/ speak, 'friend', and enter.

I do request-art for weapons, vehicles, and soldiers. Telegramme me for further details, or if you've given me a request that I seem to have forgotten.

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:54 am

nope. didn't dislike it either. i've seen artwork i like based on it. but that's about it.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Iuxtim
Spokesperson

Founded: May 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Iuxtim » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:23 pm

I liked some of the things they did, like removing the inventory and streamlining the combat. But the story seemed, weak in comparison to ME1. Still it was an enjoyable experience.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Ramsetia wrote: 'hardcore' difficulty. All it took was sniper rifles and creativity. It kinda sucks that they removed sabotage and messed with overload, though.

I have a hell of a time getting past the thing before you get Tali without any heavy weapons. Of course, I always save Kal'Reegar.

Spredronia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Spredronia » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Haven't played it, but if I pick up an Xbox this is the first game I get.
(.-:-[_____]-:-) = PSP
([______])
(-:- . . -:-) PSPGo!
Taken from the Playstation.com forums. Please don't hurt me. If you want me to remove them, just say so.
Epic Thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59092
Member of the CoNS
If Twilight came to life, 50% of the world would scream in joy. The other 48% would kill themselves. If you are one of the 1% who would grab a shotty and fight to the end, C+P. Yes, it's copied, no, I don't care.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Spredronia wrote:Haven't played it, but if I pick up an Xbox this is the first game I get.

Get it for the PC.

Ramsetia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramsetia » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:29 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Ramsetia wrote: 'hardcore' difficulty. All it took was sniper rifles and creativity. It kinda sucks that they removed sabotage and messed with overload, though.

I have a hell of a time getting past the thing before you get Tali without any heavy weapons. Of course, I always save Kal'Reegar.

So long as you take out the armature (it's not a colossus, colossi are white. And bigger.) fast enough? Kal'reegar doesn't die, you don't have to use the interrupt.

Station 12
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Station 12 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:30 pm

That depends, if he's already got the first for xbox, then it's better to be able to transfer the save.

What did you think of the Human Reaper? Personally, I think that's the Reaper's version of evolution, not their reproduction. They let organic races grow, and when one of the races manages to stop them, they start building new reapers using the race that beat them, thus making them continually stronger.
Welcome to Station 12, citizen. Have a HAPPY day.

Birnadia wrote:JOY unit is perfection. JOY unit cannot be questioned.

Verlorenen wrote:I might be a cold-hearted fascist, but honestly - Station 12, your posts scare the living hell out of me.

Manahakatouki wrote:I would but you scare the crap out of me....your nation anyway.....

New Caldaris wrote:LOL dude i rarely see your posts but when i do i am either laughing or terrified at the thought someone could even say something so sinister and evil.

Lockswania wrote:Station twelve, you scare me.

The Eurasican Union wrote:Station 12, My leader might be corrupt and evil on the inside, but if he was on your station, he'd jump into space as a form of suicide.

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:58 pm

Jordaxia wrote:The biggest problem mass effect 2 had was that people keep thinking that male Shepard is some kind of legitimate choice. The second biggest problem is you can't get into Tali's pants with the correctly-gendered Shepard. But the best thing is that you can get into Garrus's.

That's because male Shepard is a legitimate choice.

For Renegade playthroughs, anyway.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Bobs Taco Shack
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 28, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Bobs Taco Shack » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Yes, I did.
Enjoying 13 years of awesome tacos.
"Woah... you are a warrior zombie survivor." -Dimoniquid
I may jump to conclusions, but I do so using both feet, yelling "BwaaaAaaaAaaaAaaa!" the entire time.
If you use weapons in this game, chances are my region made them.

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:17 pm

Gauntleted Fist wrote:I enjoyed it a lot. My little brother has stolen it from me for the time being, but I'm getting it back after I beat God of War III. >.>;

YEAHH!!!! F***ing get some!!!

Yeah, never played Mass Effect 2--seeing as though I don't have a 360.

But at this point, I'm too busy lauding the fact that my pre-order came in on time for God of War III, and I'm not really focusing on anything other than that--including consumption of nutrients.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

KenKenpachi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby KenKenpachi » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:58 pm

Station 12 wrote:That depends, if he's already got the first for xbox, then it's better to be able to transfer the save.

What did you think of the Human Reaper? Personally, I think that's the Reaper's version of evolution, not their reproduction. They let organic races grow, and when one of the races manages to stop them, they start building new reapers using the race that beat them, thus making them continually stronger.

Ehh I don't think that at all I think they chose them on purpose for mind game reassons to say "Oh you screwed with US, so now we'll kill you with something in your own image!

I won't be getting ME3.

Well not all of us are L33t Gamers, and 1 had too much garbage imo, it remined me of Fallout 3, which I can't stand given you have too much crap to level up, like what 15-17 skills in all? Then all the weapons prints, armor builds etc. Though I will agree two was lacking in some things. If you miss all of that though I suggest you try Shinobi or such on Insane. Then again given your post, you most likely have and loved it, versus me cursing it on normal, lulz.
MAKE WAR NOT LOVE

The Imperial Navy
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Navy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:01 pm

I won't hide the fact I thought Tali was hawt.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General