NATION

PASSWORD

Loved one, or stranger?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Do, or don't?

Rape her.
30
33%
Resist.
7
8%
If I had the proper equipment, I would.
1
1%
Even if I had the proper equipment, I wouldn't.
2
2%
You have creepy dreams, Gallo. See a psychiatrist.
51
56%
 
Total votes : 91

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 65707
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Loved one, or stranger?

Postby Galloism » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:57 pm

A very interesting hypothetical based on a dream I had a few years ago. By the way, I have very interesting dreams. This dream is told from the perspective of a man, and there's no way for me to convert it. You'll just have to make do, ladies.

Let's suppose that someone of infinite moneys and power (or, finite, but enough that you can't match it) has kidnapped you because he likes your DNA profile, and has kidnapped another person that he liked her DNA profile. This powerful person's aim, of course, is for you two to produce a child which then the rich person will take as his own. You are your age, and the girl is ~15.

Here's the kicker. She doesn't want to have sex with you, and she's so idealistic he hasn't been able to barter or threaten her with anything to make her willingly submit. Therefore, you will have to rape her.

As leverage, this rich man has kidnapped your SO, and she will be tortured until you rape this girl and impregnate her (however many times that takes), at which time you and your SO will be released.

So, how will it be - rape the girl and force her to carry your spawn, or watch your loved one suffer?

By the way - this is a hypothetical, and there's no way to escape or otherwise beat it. Either you rape the girl, or you don't.
Last edited by Galloism on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Tunizcha
Senator
 
Posts: 4174
Founded: Mar 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tunizcha » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:08 pm

In before "What is an SO?"

I suppose I would rape her. Allow me to explain.
I (supposedly) would have strong emotional connections to my SO. I (supposedly) would not with her.
Definite, possibly endless, torture of my SO vs. temporary torture of the girl
Barzan wrote: I'll stick with rape, thank you.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:It's Rape night on NSG.
*/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

This is Koji. Copy and paste Koji to your sig so he can acheive world domination.

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 192702
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:11 pm

No matter what one choses to answer, one will probably come across as the most horrible person in the world.
Code name: Ratatouille Strychnine
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Heartless, ''transgendered non-binary kawaii Chan'', & a d*ck.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
Radictistan
Minister
 
Posts: 2997
Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Radictistan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:11 pm

I guess I'd do it because of my low pain tolerance and the infinite duration of my stay. I would however use the absolute minumum amount of force necessary so as to reduce the trauma somewhat.

User avatar
Tunizcha
Senator
 
Posts: 4174
Founded: Mar 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tunizcha » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:13 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:No matter what one choses to answer, one will probably come across as the most horrible person in the world.

I already do, so might as well cut my losses.
Barzan wrote: I'll stick with rape, thank you.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:It's Rape night on NSG.
*/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

This is Koji. Copy and paste Koji to your sig so he can acheive world domination.

User avatar
Barringtonia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9908
Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:14 pm

Tunizcha wrote:In before "What is an SO?"

I suppose I would rape her. Allow me to explain.
I (supposedly) would have strong emotional connections to my SO. I (supposedly) would not with her.
Definite, possibly endless, torture of my SO vs. temporary torture of the girl


The event would probably destroy that relationship anyway.

I can see no other option other than attacking the rich man anyway I can, hell, even killing myself destroys his stupid little plans,
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world



User avatar
New Koutia
Envoy
 
Posts: 309
Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Koutia » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:14 pm


User avatar
Barringtonia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9908
Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:16 pm

New Koutia wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM


There's another version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMoWt0wnlUw
Last edited by Barringtonia on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world



User avatar
The Parkus Empire
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43030
Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Depends on what kinda torture we're talking about, since rape itself is a form of torture. I'm pretty confident I could seduce the girl, though that would only make me feel marginally better about the idea.

The whole situation is so fantastic that I'm having difficulty applying a serious, real-life, decision making process to it.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
New Koutia
Envoy
 
Posts: 309
Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Koutia » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:26 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:The whole situation is so fantastic that I'm having difficulty applying a serious, real-life, decision making process to it.

I often have the same problem with the idea of an independent free-market.

User avatar
The Parkus Empire
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43030
Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:28 pm

New Koutia wrote:I often have the same problem with the idea of an independent free-market.


No, such markets could exist, though they'd make this situation look fun.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 65707
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:28 pm

Barringtonia wrote:
Tunizcha wrote:In before "What is an SO?"

I suppose I would rape her. Allow me to explain.
I (supposedly) would have strong emotional connections to my SO. I (supposedly) would not with her.
Definite, possibly endless, torture of my SO vs. temporary torture of the girl


The event would probably destroy that relationship anyway.

I can see no other option other than attacking the rich man anyway I can, hell, even killing myself destroys his stupid little plans,


Killing yourself would be obvious, if it weren't for the fact that I've already promised there's no escape - not even death.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
New Koutia
Envoy
 
Posts: 309
Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Koutia » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:29 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:No, such markets could exist, though they'd make this situation look fun.

You're silly. It would become a monopoly eventually.

User avatar
Barringtonia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9908
Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Galloism wrote:
Barringtonia wrote:
Tunizcha wrote:In before "What is an SO?"

I suppose I would rape her. Allow me to explain.
I (supposedly) would have strong emotional connections to my SO. I (supposedly) would not with her.
Definite, possibly endless, torture of my SO vs. temporary torture of the girl


The event would probably destroy that relationship anyway.

I can see no other option other than attacking the rich man anyway I can, hell, even killing myself destroys his stupid little plans,


Killing yourself would be obvious, if it weren't for the fact that I've already promised there's no escape - not even death.


To be honest I have the same problem as others, I can hardly provide a choice when it all seems so meaningless.

Worse, it seems to be a means of finding a way to justify rape by any means one can, by arranging the parameters so it was 'all one could really do', or making the point that 'there can be scenarios in which rape is the only option', which is generally a troubling sign.
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world



User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 65707
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Barringtonia wrote:To be honest I have the same problem as others, I can hardly provide a choice when it all seems so meaningless.

Worse, it seems to be a means of finding a way to justify rape by any means one can, by arranging the parameters so it was 'all one could really do', or making the point that 'there can be scenarios in which rape is the only option', which is generally a troubling sign.


Well, most thought experiments are fantastical scenarios that have no basis in reality. I mean, if someone really wanted a kid from x and y, and had that kind of money, he'd knock them both out and hire someone to do an artificial insemination.

But that wouldn't be any fun as a thought experiment. Screaming that someone stole your sperm isn't really a "decision" per se.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
The Parkus Empire
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43030
Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:37 pm

New Koutia wrote:You're silly. It would become a monopoly eventually.


Which would break-up due to internal conflict (coups, assassinations, wars) and revolution by workers.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
Barringtonia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9908
Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:37 pm

Galloism wrote:Well, most thought experiments are fantastical scenarios that have no basis in reality. I mean, if someone really wanted a kid from x and y, and had that kind of money, he'd knock them both out and hire someone to do an artificial insemination.

But that wouldn't be any fun as a thought experiment. Screaming that someone stole your sperm isn't really a "decision" per se.


I'm not sure this is any fun as a thought experiment either and, like I said, the choice of parameters is rather disturbing.
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world



User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 192702
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:38 pm

Oh shit... I just realized it!! It's Rape night on NSG. :shock:
Code name: Ratatouille Strychnine
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Heartless, ''transgendered non-binary kawaii Chan'', & a d*ck.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
Barzan
Minister
 
Posts: 3487
Founded: May 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Barzan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:38 pm

Haha! I don't have an SO, so nothing bad can possibly happen! Aha! :p
NOT affiliated with the Free Masons -- Barzan's flag does not incorporate masonic imagery
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +1.03
"I have considerably less respect for people who nod and drool as talking heads in a box feed them pre-digested spoonfuls of opinutainment than someone that listens to and discusses with a variety of sources and opinions and then forms their own; regardless of whether I agree with them." - Lunatic Goofballs

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 65707
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Oh shit... I just realized it!! It's Rape night on NSG. :shock:


Nervun started it.

Besides, we could be talking about religion or abortion.
Last edited by Galloism on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Barzan
Minister
 
Posts: 3487
Founded: May 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Barzan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Galloism wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Oh shit... I just realized it!! It's Rape night on NSG. :shock:


Nervun started it.

Besides, we could be talking about religion or abortion.

Please no! Not again! I'll stick with rape, thank you.
NOT affiliated with the Free Masons -- Barzan's flag does not incorporate masonic imagery
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +1.03
"I have considerably less respect for people who nod and drool as talking heads in a box feed them pre-digested spoonfuls of opinutainment than someone that listens to and discusses with a variety of sources and opinions and then forms their own; regardless of whether I agree with them." - Lunatic Goofballs

User avatar
The Parkus Empire
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43030
Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Barringtonia wrote:I'm not sure this is any fun as a thought experiment either and, like I said, the choice of parameters is rather disturbing.


As in most drastic thought-experiments involve murder rather than rape, or as in this is something a repressed sicko would day-dream about?
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
Barzan
Minister
 
Posts: 3487
Founded: May 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Barzan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:41 pm

I was just thinking...if the villian waits long enough, the girl will come round. Stockholm Syndrome, guys...
NOT affiliated with the Free Masons -- Barzan's flag does not incorporate masonic imagery
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +1.03
"I have considerably less respect for people who nod and drool as talking heads in a box feed them pre-digested spoonfuls of opinutainment than someone that listens to and discusses with a variety of sources and opinions and then forms their own; regardless of whether I agree with them." - Lunatic Goofballs

User avatar
Redwulf
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1425
Founded: Jul 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Redwulf » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Of course there's a way to escape. If you can't find option three in a situation where you've only been given two you aren't trying hard enough. Besides, why isn't idiot boy simply harvesting an egg from the girl having me jack off in a cup and implanting the test tube baby in a willing surrogate that he paid with that infinite money of his?
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Just remember, no one likes an asshole.
Don't make me serious. You wouldn't like me when I'm serious.

User avatar
Wilgrove
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38635
Founded: May 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:42 pm

I have no clue, I doubt I could even get it "up" around a 15 year old, they just look so young and I'd feel so dirty....ugh. Well I hope my SO has led a long, happy, productive life!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -Heaven-, Aeritai, Andsed, Ashendales, Bombadil, Cannot think of a name, Cekoviu, Daunt Venes, Google [Bot], Grinning Dragon, Heloin, Nanzi, Neanderthaland, Necroghastia, Outer Acharet, Region of Dwipantara, Serconas, Shrillland, Solvokina, Syldovia, The Horror Channel, Thermodolia, Twicetagram and JYPE, Uiiop, Unified German-State, Zedeshia

Advertisement

Remove ads