NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread VI

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun May 28, 2017 11:09 am

Uxupox wrote:Do you realize that North Vietnam immediately conducted an offensive called the Ho Chio Min campaign towards the South after the US withdrawal in the region? Read up on chapter 6. Though you'll have to buy the book if you want the complete analysis on Hanoi's change of doctrine.

You do realize that the reason that the South was so vulnerable to an offensive was because of their extreme unpopularity among their own population which screwed them even after the effective dissolution of the Vietcong, right?

But hey, hearts and minds don't matter. Drop enough bombs and you win, amirite?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun May 28, 2017 11:10 am

Uxupox wrote:Don't put words in my mouth.

Oh, so a decade from now you'll have reversed your opinion, then?

Or is it that you don't understand comparisons? I understand they can be rather difficult for the... literal-minded.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Sun May 28, 2017 11:11 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Uxupox wrote:Do you realize that North Vietnam immediately conducted an offensive called the Ho Chio Min campaign towards the South after the US withdrawal in the region? Read up on chapter 6. Though you'll have to buy the book if you want the complete analysis on Hanoi's change of doctrine.

You do realize that the reason that the South was so vulnerable to an offensive was because of their extreme unpopularity among their own population which screwed them even after the effective dissolution of the Vietcong, right?

But hey, hearts and minds don't matter. Drop enough bombs and you win, amirite?

Pretty sure military historians are more informed then you.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Sun May 28, 2017 11:11 am

Uxupox wrote:Don't put words in my mouth.

Oh, so a decade from now you'll have reversed your opinion, then?

Or is it that you don't understand comparisons? I understand they can be rather difficult for the... literal-minded.

I guess the complete collapse of the Afghanistan government never happened after the withdrawal of the Soviet Union. What's it called fake history?

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun May 28, 2017 11:15 am

The East Marches II wrote:They are making a comeback. Karzai wasn't called the mayor of Kabul for nothing. Since we withdrew most of the troops we've lost all the gains we made in that much vaunted surge. Those dead men and the money expended were literally for nothing.

Mattis disagrees, and I think he knows a little more about war than YOU DO, pal, because he INVENTED IT

Mattis is a good solider. Unlike him, I'm not constrained anymore and I can voice my opinion openly.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun May 28, 2017 11:20 am

Uxupox wrote:Pretty sure military historians are more informed then you.

Pretty sure that anyone who is, like me, a history major, understands that historians rarely agree. This includes (shocker) military historians! :o

No really, it's true! Informed people can have different opinions!

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Sun May 28, 2017 11:21 am

Uxupox wrote:Pretty sure military historians are more informed then you.

Pretty sure that anyone who is, like me, a history major, understands that historians rarely agree. This includes (shocker) military historians! :o

No really, it's true! Informed people can have different opinions!

Looks like you failed on that one.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun May 28, 2017 11:21 am

Uxupox wrote:I guess the complete collapse of the Afghanistan government never happened after the withdrawal of the Soviet Union. What's it called fake history?

"You're like one of those people always forecasting doom and you'll still be this way ten years from now."

"Don't put words in my mouth."

"I didn't."

"I guess you don't believe in the collapse of the Afghanistan government after the SovUnion left, ha ha"

???

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun May 28, 2017 11:22 am

Uxupox wrote:Looks like you failed on that one.

You're right. I should seek out higher-quality opposition. TEM, what's your schedule looking like?

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Sun May 28, 2017 11:23 am

Uxupox wrote:I guess the complete collapse of the Afghanistan government never happened after the withdrawal of the Soviet Union. What's it called fake history?

"You're like one of those people always forecasting doom and you'll still be this way ten years from now."

"Don't put words in my mouth."

"I didn't."

"I guess you don't believe in the collapse of the Afghanistan government after the SovUnion left, ha ha"

???

Can't learn from the past eh?

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun May 28, 2017 11:24 am

Uxupox wrote:Can't learn from the past eh?

I guess I can't. I should've learned by now that you don't actually respond to posts with anything resembling relevance to the post or the topic at hand.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Sun May 28, 2017 11:27 am

Uxupox wrote:Can't learn from the past eh?

I guess I can't. I should've learned by now that you don't actually respond to posts with anything resembling relevance to the post or the topic at hand.

I guess the military is private organization now and doesn't belong to the US government or adheres by what commander-in-chief states.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun May 28, 2017 11:28 am

Uxupox wrote:
Camicon wrote:My guess? In the possession of the Army, Rolling Stone, and anyone else who utilized FOIA to look at them. Feel free to contact anyone of them if you want to see the primary documents for yourself.

I'm sure you're just as discerning with everything you read.

I'm contacting you. Unless the reports is non-existent?

Don't act stupid. :roll:

My source is the Rolling Stone article. If you have an issue with the evidence they've gathered (from the Army no less) then take it up with them.
The East Marches II wrote:
Camicon wrote:That rape article was torn to shreds by a few Regular Joes shortly after it was published. It didn't finger the US government for war crimes, and stand up under their blistering gaze for six years and running.

Quality journalism Rolling Stone is not friendo

If one bad story is what it takes to knock you off the "Quality" pedestal, then quality journalism does not, and has never, existed.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun May 28, 2017 11:29 am

Uxupox wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:I guess I can't. I should've learned by now that you don't actually respond to posts with anything resembling relevance to the post or the topic at hand.

I guess the military is private organization now and doesn't belong to the US government or adheres by what commander-in-chief states.

Thank you for proving his point.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Sun May 28, 2017 11:30 am

Camicon wrote:
Uxupox wrote:

My source is the Rolling Stone article. If you have an issue with the evidence they've gathered (from the Army no less) then take it up with them.
The East Marches II wrote:
Quality journalism Rolling Stone is not friendo

If one bad story is what it takes to knock you off the "Quality" pedestal, then quality journalism does not, and has never, existed.

It's bullshit evidence just like something comparable to Breitbart or similar.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Sun May 28, 2017 11:31 am

Genivaria wrote:
Uxupox wrote:

Thank you for proving his point.

So the military's actions and it's budget is not within Trump's sphere of influence?

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sun May 28, 2017 11:43 am

Uxupox wrote:
Camicon wrote:Don't act stupid. :roll:

...Rolling Stone tends to be much more carefully researched than Breitbart, my dude. You not liking the conclusions they draw doesn't make them fake news. Don't fall into the Trump Trap there.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Sun May 28, 2017 11:46 am

Senkaku wrote:
Uxupox wrote:

...Rolling Stone tends to be much more carefully researched than Breitbart, my dude. You not liking the conclusions they draw doesn't make them fake news. Don't fall into the Trump Trap there.

I would trust if they actually produced gave me the report. Up to this point it's pure speculation as I can't even find those report and files.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun May 28, 2017 11:47 am

Senkaku wrote:
Uxupox wrote:

That's a good meme on the better researched part.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun May 28, 2017 11:48 am

Camicon wrote:
Uxupox wrote:

Vague mentions of reports with no concrete proofs. I require better proofadoodledoo than that.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun May 28, 2017 11:48 am

The East Marches II wrote:That's a good meme on the better researched part.

Comparitives are funny. Senkaku's post could be both completely true and, in context, still mean very little.
Last edited by Conserative Morality on Sun May 28, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun May 28, 2017 11:51 am

The East Marches II wrote:That's a good meme on the better researched part.

Comparitives are funny. Senkaku's post could be both completely true and, in context, still mean very little.

The only source you can trust is Stratfor. In Stratfor we trust.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun May 28, 2017 11:56 am

Uxupox wrote:Looks like you failed on that one.

You're right. I should seek out higher-quality opposition. TEM, what's your schedule looking like?

You are too kind. I'm a bit busy to be honest. I should have flown a desk like a friend of mine and gotten an ez government job. Then I could good post at work.
Last edited by The East Marches II on Sun May 28, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun May 28, 2017 1:08 pm

My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun May 28, 2017 1:13 pm

So when are we invading the Philippines to give them some freedom?
Or does that only apply to communists and Muslims?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General