NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread VI

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu May 25, 2017 5:36 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Uxupox wrote:You mean not defending some parasites allies that can't even meet the recommendations of the organization? What's wrong here?

Why am I arguing with you? You'd love to see NATO dissolved. Any action towards that goal would be praised regardless of logical consistency or viability.

Oh right, enlisted in the military but never wants to fight.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Ghategen
Lobbyist

Founded: May 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghategen » Thu May 25, 2017 5:36 pm

Hittanryan wrote:
Ghategen wrote:
I never disputed that Gorsuch or jeff was on the court or AG. It being a bad thing depends on who you ask. As for immigration if you want to please everyone just close borders like we did in ww2 fix the issue right then and there. NO shit the jobs hard he has the right to complain?

Do you still maintain that all of these points are personal opinions? I have provided evidence to the contrary.

I never said all of them are personal opinions i said some of them are and Gorsuch Jeff and complaing about a job are indeed personal opinions. If you had a hard day at work and come home would you complain on facebook or twitter or whatever the fuck you use? Don't tell me you wouldnt.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu May 25, 2017 5:38 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Why am I arguing with you? You'd love to see NATO dissolved. Any action towards that goal would be praised regardless of logical consistency or viability.

Yes Gauthier, it's a bad idea to get into war if one can avoid it. Some people know a thing or two about it. I never took you for a jingoist.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu May 25, 2017 5:39 pm

The East Marches II wrote:
Gauthier wrote:Oh right, enlisted in the military but never wants to fight.

Yes Gauthier, it's a bad idea to get into war if one can avoid it. Some people know a thing or two about it. I never took you for a jingoist.

More like signing up for the fire department but never wanting to go on a call.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu May 25, 2017 5:41 pm

Gauthier wrote:

What kind of asshole wants somebody's house to burn down? You'd think they wouldn't want to be needed.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Thu May 25, 2017 5:41 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Why am I arguing with you? You'd love to see NATO dissolved. Any action towards that goal would be praised regardless of logical consistency or viability.

Here we see the violent man on the prowl looking for the next war. Ahh the smell of dying children in the morning. Makes me cry a tear of joyness of thee!

Hey man. Being a soldier does not mean having a boner for death and destruction of all other beings.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Thu May 25, 2017 5:42 pm

Gauthier wrote:

Do you love anything?

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu May 25, 2017 5:42 pm

Ghategen wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:Do you still maintain that all of these points are personal opinions? I have provided evidence to the contrary.

I never said all of them are personal opinions i said some of them are and Gorsuch Jeff and complaing about a job are indeed personal opinions. If you had a hard day at work and come home would you complain on facebook or twitter or whatever the fuck you use? Don't tell me you wouldnt.

He's the fucking President, not a bank clerk or retail assistant.

He ran for this job, it is by definition hard. He should either shut up and do it, or resign.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Thu May 25, 2017 5:43 pm

Ghategen wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:Do you still maintain that all of these points are personal opinions? I have provided evidence to the contrary.

I see you've gone back and edited your original post. This is what you said originally:

Ghategen wrote:Can you back up any of these claims to facts or are these your personal opinions? As for the last one it would of just been a democrat majority so your point is what?

I have backed up those claims with evidence.

Trump indeed complained about the job being too hard, and he deserves to be criticized for that. He claimed during the campaign that his opponent wouldn't have the stamina for the job. He said he would work nonstop with no vacations, and has since spent more on vacations in a few months than Obama did in a year. He said that only he could solve America's problems. Now he's whining that it's too hard?
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu May 25, 2017 5:45 pm

Uxupox wrote:
Gauthier wrote:Oh right, enlisted in the military but never wants to fight.

Here we see the violent man on the prowl looking for the next war. Ahh the smell of dying children in the morning. Makes me cry a tear of joyness of thee!

Hey man. Being a soldier does not mean having a boner for death and destruction of all other beings.

I'm still thinking about trying the military again.
Maybe not bring up the ADHD this time.

Ghategen
Lobbyist

Founded: May 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghategen » Thu May 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Hittanryan wrote:
Ghategen wrote:

I see you've gone back and edited your original post. This is what you said originally:

Ghategen wrote:Can you back up any of these claims to facts or are these your personal opinions? As for the last one it would of just been a democrat majority so your point is what?

Trump indeed complained about the job being too hard, and he deserves to be criticized for that. He claimed during the campaign that his opponent wouldn't have the stamina for the job. He said he would work nonstop with no vacations, and has since spent more on vacations in a few months than Obama did in a year. He said that only he could solve America's problems. Now he's whining that it's too hard?

Nice lie mate i have not edited a single post from this conversation. But i'll let you carry on with your bullshit.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu May 25, 2017 5:49 pm

The East Marches II wrote:NATO is at this point a strategic liability. Why are we obligated to help those who can very easily pitch more in themselves? Hell if they don't want armies they can just pay that money out to us.

They could always pitch in more. If it was 2%, people would be crying for 4%. If it was 4%, they'd want them to match the US' contribution instead. And if they matched our contribution, people would ask why they need our help anyway? For most people crying for more spending from our allies is just a smokescreen for their isolationism.

Wait a minute... YOU'RE ONE OF THEM
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Thu May 25, 2017 5:50 pm

Gauthier wrote:

You do realise that fire departments are constantly doing fire prevention work, right? This may come as a shocker, but yeah most firefighters probably don't want people's homes burning down unless they are a complete psychopath. It runs the risk of them dying, civilians dying, pets dying, lives completely upended, etc. It's generally not a good thing.

But at least Uxu has shown a willingness to do some civic duty for his nation and put his life on the line if necessary. Not to mention, and Uxu can correct me if I am wrong, he has served a combat tour and has seen what war is like upfront. Unlike you.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu May 25, 2017 5:50 pm

The East Marches II wrote:What kind of asshole wants somebody's house to burn down? You'd think they wouldn't want to be needed.

Less "I don't want someone's house to burn down" and more "I want the burning house to be out of my department's jurisdiction."
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Thu May 25, 2017 5:50 pm

Ghategen wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:I see you've gone back and edited your original post. This is what you said originally:

Nice lie mate i have not edited a single post from this conversation. But i'll let you carry on with your bullshit.

I take it that means you're not going to address the actual point of the post, which is that Trump bragged that he'd be able to handle the Presidency easily, and has since whined that it's too hard?
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu May 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Napkiraly wrote:You do realise that fire departments are constantly doing fire prevention work, right?

That's NATO's purpose.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu May 25, 2017 5:52 pm

The East Marches II wrote:NATO is at this point a strategic liability. Why are we obligated to help those who can very easily pitch more in themselves? Hell if they don't want armies they can just pay that money out to us.

They could always pitch in more. If it was 2%, people would be crying for 4%. If it was 4%, they'd want them to match the US' contribution instead. And if they matched our contribution, people would ask why they need our help anyway? For most people crying for more spending from our allies is just a smokescreen for their isolationism.

Wait a minute... YOU'RE ONE OF THEM

In this case I'm not. While I may be one at heart, I sincerely believe if we are to commit to such actions we need to make sure they are a success and that we aren't creating a strategic liability that will cost lives of good men in for nothing in the future.

We need some sort of baseline to keep the Europeans from becoming parasitic as they are now. I would have structured that differently but we play the hand we are dealt. 2% is very reasonable and if everybody pitched in it would be more than enough to deal with the Ivans.

The next war will be global. If Southeast Asia kicks off then we can expect to face the Russians in Europe trying something. We are not big enough or spend enough to ensure we can save everybody on our own. If we are going to make this work, it has to be a team effort.
Last edited by The East Marches II on Thu May 25, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Thu May 25, 2017 5:56 pm

At this point, maybe tough love is what the Europeans need. Maybe they'll start whistling a different tune if next time there is an attack or some other conflict, Uncle Sam flat out refuses to assist. If they aren't willing to commit to defending themselves, why should the USA? Honestly, it kind of blows at times that Canada is right next door to the USA so it has to be protected regardless because Canada also really needs that tough love. Less than 1% of GDP on defense, Jesus I cannot properly convey how terrible that is.
Last edited by Napkiraly on Thu May 25, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu May 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Napkiraly wrote:At this point, maybe tough love is what the Europeans need. Maybe they'll start whistling a tune if next time there is an attack or some other conflict, Uncle Sam flat out refuses to assist. If they aren't willing to commit to defending themselves, why should the USA? Honestly, it kind of blows at times that Canada is right next door to the USA so it has to be protected regardless because Canada also really needs that tough love. Less than 1% of GDP on defense, Jesus I cannot properly convey how terrible that is.

"Maybe tough love is what the Europeans need"

If Europe gets in deep shit and the US refuses to help, there are one of two ways that's going to go down:

1. They get their asses kicked and end up in Warsaw Pact 2.0 in which case our inaction has strengthened our enemies.

2. They kick the ass of their opposition and then refuse to play nice with the US and pursue an independent foreign policy contrary to our's.

Neither of those are good outcomes for us.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu May 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Napkiraly wrote:At this point, maybe tough love is what the Europeans need. Maybe they'll start whistling a different tune if next time there is an attack or some other conflict, Uncle Sam flat out refuses to assist. If they aren't willing to commit to defending themselves, why should the USA? Honestly, it kind of blows at times that Canada is right next door to the USA so it has to be protected regardless because Canada also really needs that tough love. Less than 1% of GDP on defense, Jesus I cannot properly convey how terrible that is.

Because the US is more than capable of handling whatever overruns Europe and consolidated all that resource. Clearly. Life is a video game where nobody nee' no steenkin' badges allies.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Thu May 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:At this point, maybe tough love is what the Europeans need. Maybe they'll start whistling a different tune if next time there is an attack or some other conflict, Uncle Sam flat out refuses to assist. If they aren't willing to commit to defending themselves, why should the USA? Honestly, it kind of blows at times that Canada is right next door to the USA so it has to be protected regardless because Canada also really needs that tough love. Less than 1% of GDP on defense, Jesus I cannot properly convey how terrible that is.

Because the US is more than capable of handling whatever overruns Europe and consolidated all that resource. Clearly. Life is a video game where nobody nee' no steenkin' badges allies.

The trick is to be friends with whatever overruns Europe.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu May 25, 2017 6:04 pm

Napkiraly wrote:At this point, maybe tough love is what the Europeans need. Maybe they'll start whistling a tune if next time there is an attack or some other conflict, Uncle Sam flat out refuses to assist. If they aren't willing to commit to defending themselves, why should the USA? Honestly, it kind of blows at times that Canada is right next door to the USA so it has to be protected regardless because Canada also really needs that tough love. Less than 1% of GDP on defense, Jesus I cannot properly convey how terrible that is.

"Maybe tough love is what the Europeans need"

If Europe gets in deep shit and the US refuses to help, there are one of two ways that's going to go down:

1. They get their asses kicked and end up in Warsaw Pact 2.0 in which case our inaction has strengthened our enemies.

2. They kick the ass of their opposition and then refuse to play nice with the US and pursue an independent foreign policy contrary to our's.

Neither of those are good outcomes for us.

Both are better alternatives to either getting involved in WW3 because insufficient detterant. 1. happens anyway if we don't get our troops to Europe. We haven't done a Reforger tier exercise in many years. We'd have to feed units piecemeal into battle and suffer far more losses than otherwise due to our so called Allies weakness. That's even assuming we get there in time which is... doubtful. It takes weeks to cross the Ocean and airlift can't mass enough troops on its own to matter.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Thu May 25, 2017 6:04 pm

Gauthier wrote:

If the only viable enemy (Which is Russia) actually manages to defeat the entirety of Europe. Then they are idiots.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Thu May 25, 2017 6:06 pm

Gauthier wrote:

Yes, this is clearly what I stated. :roll:

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu May 25, 2017 6:07 pm

Uxupox wrote:
Gauthier wrote:Because the US is more than capable of handling whatever overruns Europe and consolidated all that resource. Clearly. Life is a video game where nobody nee' no steenkin' badges allies.

If the only viable enemy (Which is Russia) actually manages to defeat the entirety of Europe. Then they are idiots.

And then when Russia consolidates resources and territory you get dragged into a conflict you hide from like Jehovah's Witnesses at the door because they're not going to settle for just Europe.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General