NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread VI

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu May 25, 2017 5:11 pm

Ghategen wrote:His policies so far haven't been that bad some of them arnt great but at least he's attempting to deal with illegals and preventing terrorist from entering the country.

"Let's ban countries that terrorists haven't come to the US through while allowing countries that have had nationals commit terrorist attacks on US soil through!"

Great job 10/10 not retarded and counterproductive at all
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Thu May 25, 2017 5:11 pm

Ghategen wrote:
Astrolinium wrote:
That's precisely why the left opposes Trump. His policies thus far have been policies of exclusion, of indifference, and of corrupt self-interest.

His policies so far haven't been that bad some of them arnt great but at least he's attempting to deal with illegals and preventing terrorist from entering the country.

I'm going to lose my health coverage thanks to Trumpcare. I have every right to oppose his policies.

Most illegal immigrants fly into the country and overstay their visas. The wall will do nothing. Try again.

The Muslim ban excluded Saudi Arabia, where 15 of the 9/11 hijackers came from. Try again.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu May 25, 2017 5:11 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Ghategen wrote:When you read all these pages and just see all the trump bashing. Would you of rather Clinton won? Both sucked trump just sucked least.

Aw, poor Trump, getting criticized for being a man-child. "Please stop reminding me of the failures of the man I voted in =((((("

A politician being mocked, jesus christ how horrifying.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu May 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Now, Trump does actually have a point here. Technically, all NATO states are supposed to spend at least 2 percent of GDP on their defense budget — but only five of NATO’s 28 members hit the target. This is an issue that past US presidents, including Barack Obama, have raised at NATO summits before.

But Trump has repeatedly questioned the value of NATO in the past two years, once threatening to not defend allies that didn’t pay enough money — something past US presidents never did, as it calls into question the foundation of the alliance itself. In this speech, Trump pointedly did not mention Article 5 — the provision of the NATO treaty that declares an attack on one to be an attack on all — underscoring the worry that his talk about not paying NATO allies’ debts creates.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Ghategen
Lobbyist

Founded: May 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghategen » Thu May 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Ghategen wrote:His policies so far haven't been that bad some of them arnt great but at least he's attempting to deal with illegals and preventing terrorist from entering the country.

"Let's ban countries that terrorists haven't come to the US through while allowing countries that have had nationals commit terrorist attacks on US soil through!"

Great job 10/10 not retarded and counterproductive at all

Your right we should just fully close borders that would fix alot of current issues including the illegals down in mexico. Make sure the dems put that on their list next election.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu May 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Ghategen wrote:When you read all these pages and just see all the trump bashing. Would you of rather Clinton won? Both sucked trump just sucked least.

Yes, yes, I would have preferred Clinton. Every day wouldn't be a ridiculous embarrassment.

And before you ask, no, she wasn't remotely my first pick. It took me until September to even decide I was going to vote for her.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu May 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Ghategen wrote:Your right we should just fully close borders that would fix alot of current issues including the illegals down in mexico. Make sure the dems put that on their list next election.

The quality of my opposition has dropped so low these past few months I can't even tell if that suggestion is sarcastic.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Thu May 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Uxupox wrote:
What's wrong here?

Now, Trump does actually have a point here. Technically, all NATO states are supposed to spend at least 2 percent of GDP on their defense budget — but only five of NATO’s 28 members hit the target. This is an issue that past US presidents, including Barack Obama, have raised at NATO summits before.

But Trump has repeatedly questioned the value of NATO in the past two years, once threatening to not defend allies that didn’t pay enough money — something past US presidents never did, as it calls into question the foundation of the alliance itself. In this speech, Trump pointedly did not mention Article 5 — the provision of the NATO treaty that declares an attack on one to be an attack on all — underscoring the worry that his talk about not paying NATO allies’ debts creates.

Still don't understand what's wrong.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu May 25, 2017 5:15 pm

Its reasonable to not like Clinton, I can understand how many people do.

However, the persistent idea that both Trump and Clinton are equally reprehensible is bullshit.

Would Clinton be taking away the healthcare of 23 million Americans?
Would Clinton be slashing environmental standards and rolling back climate change policies?
Would Clinton be alienating the US from its closest allies in a vain attempt to cozy up to an authoritarian douche?
Would Clinton have appointed the abhorrent Jeff Sessions as Attorney General?
Would Clinton have attempted to institute an immigration ban that is utterly useless and unconstitutional?
Would Clinton whine about how hard being President is?
Would Clinton have appointed Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court and ensured a conservative majority on the bench for the foreseeable future?

The list goes on, but the point is, Clinton may not be everyone's cup of political tea, but by practically every measure, she was light years ahead of Trump. I for sure had my disagreements with her politically, but my fellow progressives and liberals who subscribe to this fantasy where Trump and Clinton were equally horrible are being foolish.

Ghategen
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ghategen » Thu May 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Ghategen wrote:Your right we should just fully close borders that would fix alot of current issues including the illegals down in mexico. Make sure the dems put that on their list next election.

The quality of my opposition has dropped so low these past few months I can't even tell if that suggestion is sarcastic.

My only suggestion is if you want to impeach trump give a legit reason for impeachment. YOu can't impeach someone because i don't like their policies. Otherwise everyone from Obama to Bush to Nixon and Eisenhower would of been impeached.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu May 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Uxupox wrote:
What's wrong here?

Those parasites should pay up. He is right on that front.

Ghategen
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ghategen » Thu May 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:

Its reasonable to not like Clinton, I can understand how many people do.

However, the persistent idea that both Trump and Clinton are equally reprehensible is bullshit.

Would Clinton be slashing environmental standards and rolling back climate change policies?
Would Clinton be alienating the US from its closest allies in a vain attempt to cozy up to an authoritarian douche?
Would Clinton have attempted to institute an immigration ban that is utterly useless and unconstitutional?
Would Clinton have appointed Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court and ensured a conservative majority on the bench for the foreseeable future?

The list goes on, but the point is, Clinton may not be everyone's cup of political tea, but by practically every measure, she was light years ahead of Trump. I for sure had my disagreements with her politically, but my fellow progressives and liberals who subscribe to this fantasy where Trump and Clinton were equally horrible are being foolish.

Can you back up any of these claims to facts or are these your personal opinions? As for the last one it would of just been a democrat majority so your point is what?

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Thu May 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Uxupox wrote:
Minzerland II wrote:Could it be because the underlying agendas they all seem to have?

The only journalist I personally hate was that douchey woman in CNN that attacked the navy seals man.

She makes a great case study for journalism, tbh.
Corrian wrote:
Minzerland II wrote:Could it be because the underlying agendas they all seem to have?

Lemme guess, you watch ones yourself with agendas.

I don't have anything specific.
Liriena wrote:

...generalization much?

That is to be expected, especially when the public is incessantly bombarded by the agendas of Journalists everyday. There is good reason to consider journalism to a bad, bad joke.
Previous Profile: Minzerland
Donkey Advocate & Herald of Donkeydom
St Anselm of Canterbury wrote:[…]who ever heard of anything having two mothers or two fathers? (Monologion, pg. 63)

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Thu May 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Ghategen wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:The quality of my opposition has dropped so low these past few months I can't even tell if that suggestion is sarcastic.

My only suggestion is if you want to impeach trump give a legit reason for impeachment. YOu can't impeach someone because i don't like their policies. Otherwise everyone from Obama to Bush to Nixon and Eisenhower would of been impeached.

Nixon was about to be impeached for obstruction of justice. Guess what Trump may have done?
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu May 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Ghategen wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:The quality of my opposition has dropped so low these past few months I can't even tell if that suggestion is sarcastic.

We HAVE many legitimate reasons already. From day one actually, since conflicts of interest were all over the place from the get go.
My Last.FM and RYM

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu May 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Ghategen wrote:
Astrolinium wrote:
That's precisely why the left opposes Trump. His policies thus far have been policies of exclusion, of indifference, and of corrupt self-interest.

His policies so far haven't been that bad some of them arnt great but at least he's attempting to deal with illegals and preventing terrorist from entering the country.

I take it you are not one of the 23 million Americans going to lose Health insurance if the Senate passes Trump care?

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu May 25, 2017 5:18 pm

Ghategen wrote:

Obstruction of justice. Telling the FBI to drop an investigation, and telling the NSA and the CIA to interfere with that investigation counts as such
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu May 25, 2017 5:18 pm

Uxupox wrote:Still don't understand what's wrong.

Trump: "Hurr hurr I either don't understand or don't support the very basis of this alliance but I want you all to pay more towards it"

Macron, who was elected in part on a platform to bring France's defense spending to NATO recommendations: "ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ"

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu May 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Ghategen wrote:

Obstruction of justice. Telling the FBI to drop an investigation, and telling the NSA and the CIA to interfere with that investigation counts as such

And, as Corrian said, violation of the emoluments clause from Day One.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu May 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Ghategen wrote:
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:Its reasonable to not like Clinton, I can understand how many people do.

Can you back up any of these claims to facts or are these your personal opinions? As for the last one it would of just been a democrat majority so your point is what?

These are all awful things Trump has done, that Clinton would not have done. Thats the point.
A liberal court, something we have not seen in years, would be much more acceptable to, hmm, idk, LIBERALS, than the current/previous 5-4 split.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Thu May 25, 2017 5:20 pm

Uxupox wrote:Still don't understand what's wrong.

Trump: "Hurr hurr I either don't understand or don't support the very basis of this alliance but I want you all to pay more towards it"

Macron, who was elected in part on a platform to bring France's defense spending to NATO recommendations: "ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ"

You mean not defending some parasites allies that can't even meet the recommendations of the organization? What's wrong here?
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu May 25, 2017 5:20 pm

Ghategen wrote:Can you back up any of these claims to facts or are these your personal opinions? As for the last one it would of just been a democrat majority so your point is what?

Its a bunch of stuff that's pretty easy to know if you actually payed attention over the last few months.
My Last.FM and RYM

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu May 25, 2017 5:20 pm

Ghategen wrote:My only suggestion is if you want to impeach trump give a legit reason for impeachment. YOu can't impeach someone because i don't like their policies. Otherwise everyone from Obama to Bush to Nixon and Eisenhower would of been impeached.

Violation of the Emoluments Clause

(Possible) Collaboration with foreign powers to subvert American elections

Obstruction of Justice

Pick one. Any one.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Thu May 25, 2017 5:21 pm

Gravlen wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:That's a direct quote from a Wikipedia article that links the Swedish penal code; now, of course, these links are dead, so I found a relatively up-to-date version, in the original Swedish.

The relevant part, that is, Chapter 16 Section 8, roughly translated to this:

So, no, it's not inaccurate. Hate speech laws in Sweden do include the "expression of contempt".

It's inaccurate because you're ignoring the written, stated intentions of the lawmakers, an important source for interpreting Swedish laws. You're also ignoring how the law has been interpreted by the Swedish Supreme Court and is used by the Swedish criminal courts. In addition, you didn't mention the European Convention of Human Rights, which further limits it's application.

In short, far from all "expressions of contempt" fall under the law. Hence, inaccurate.

Alla uttalanden av nedsättande eller förnedrande natur omfattas dock inte. Uttalanden som inte kan anses överskrida gränserna för en saklig kritik av vissa grupper faller utanför det straffbara området. För straffbarhet krävs att det är fullt klart att uttalandet överskrider gränsen för en saklig och vederhäftig diskussion rörande gruppen i fråga. Hänsyn till opinionsfriheten och kritikrätten får visserligen inte åberopas som skydd för uttalanden som uttrycker missaktning mot en hel folkgrupp på grund av att den t.ex. tillhör en viss nationalitet och av denna anledning skulle vara mindre värd. (Se prop. 1970:87 s. 130, jfr prop. 2001/02:59 s. 14 f. och 37 f.) Det straffbara området skall dock inte sträckas så långt att det kommer att omfatta även en saklig diskussion om eller kritik av homosexualitet. Kriminaliseringen skall inte utgöra hinder mot opinionsfriheten eller ett hot mot den fria åsiktsbildningen. Vidare skall vetenskapens frihet bevaras. I det sagda ligger att också sådana påståenden som bäst bemöts eller tillrättaläggs i en fri och öppen debatt inte skall omfattas av kriminaliseringen. (Prop. 2001/ 02:59 s. 35 f.)

https://lagen.nu/dom/nja/2005s805

I never said "all". I said that they "include" that. Grav, I'm pretty sure you're better than this.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Improved werpland
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Improved werpland » Thu May 25, 2017 5:21 pm

Minzerland II wrote:That is to be expected, especially when the public is incessantly bombarded by the agendas of Journalists everyday. There is good reason to consider journalism to a bad, bad joke.

So do you just not like opinion piece writers or?

Mind the joke, I am actually curious.
Last edited by Improved werpland on Thu May 25, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General