NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread VI

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue May 16, 2017 1:10 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Izandai wrote:Yes, because as you have been told numerous times by now, just because something is legal doesn't mean it isn't stupid. We're not mad because what Trump did was illegal, we're mad because it was stupid and destructive, just like almost everything else he's done as president.

If this was destructive, and there is no publicly available information that proves it was, it was likely one of the least destructive things he has done as president. I don't understand the amount of seemingly faux outrage it's generating.

Honestly, it's not even outrage at this point.

It's more of a "well, he's stupid. What else is new at this point?"
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Tue May 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Galloism wrote:I'm mean sharing this info with the Russians, which McMaster stated Trump decided without seeking any advice in the context of the conversation he was having at the time. Oh, and he said it was "appropriate" and that basically Trump didn't have the information necessary to truly compromise the ally, because the intelligence agencies apparently don't give him that.

Thank the lord.

Anyway, the president, who walks around doing stupid shit all the time, did something else stupid, other people are calling it out as stupid. Another day in America.

A former CIA official interviewed on public radio was pissed at Trump, and compared the excuses made for him to Churchill bragging to the Nazis on June 5th that D Day was going to start on the 6th.

Allegedly, that was part of a deliberate campaign to trick the Nazis into moving troops away from the landing grounds (they'd also had a double agent give the Nazis fake locations for the landings).
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue May 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Galloism wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Agreed.

There are so many real issues, are we really this upset about Trump doing his job in a way he was legally allowed to do it? It makes me sick to think that the united states has reached the point where Donald Trump is president.

But the democrats are not making compelling arguments (echo chambers are fun but kinda pointless) when they attack him on things like this.

I'm mean sharing this info with the Russians, which McMaster stated Trump decided without seeking any advice in the context of the conversation he was having at the time. Oh, and he said it was "appropriate" and that basically Trump didn't have the information necessary to truly compromise the ally, because the intelligence agencies apparently don't give him that.

Thank the lord.

Anyway, the president, who walks around doing stupid shit all the time, did something else stupid, other people are calling it out as stupid. Another day in America.

Now our intelligence agencies will be less willing to give him intelligence. That's not good at all.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue May 16, 2017 1:13 pm

Corrian wrote:Did Trump really ADMIT to it today and say that he had a "right" to send them?

Dude, you just fired the FBI director, and then do that. Right or not, it comes off as extremely freaking suspicious.

I was actually leaning towards trusting McMaster, but then of course Trump comes out and throws that out the window.

Apparently it was an Israeli source.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Tue May 16, 2017 1:14 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Galloism wrote:I'm mean sharing this info with the Russians, which McMaster stated Trump decided without seeking any advice in the context of the conversation he was having at the time. Oh, and he said it was "appropriate" and that basically Trump didn't have the information necessary to truly compromise the ally, because the intelligence agencies apparently don't give him that.

Thank the lord.

Now our intelligence agencies will be less willing to give him intelligence. That's not good at all.

Intelligence agencies need to be careful that they are not perceived as partisan or they risk being dissolved and replaced. I'd rather they be eliminated entirely but this won't happen.
Did you see a ghost?

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Tue May 16, 2017 1:15 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Corrian wrote:Did Trump really ADMIT to it today and say that he had a "right" to send them?

Dude, you just fired the FBI director, and then do that. Right or not, it comes off as extremely freaking suspicious.

I was actually leaning towards trusting McMaster, but then of course Trump comes out and throws that out the window.

Apparently it was an Israeli source.

Was this information shared with you by trump or by another source?
Did you see a ghost?

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue May 16, 2017 1:19 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Apparently it was an Israeli source.

Was this information shared with you by trump or by another source?

Though the grapevine. Don't know the truth of it but that's what I'm hearing at the moment.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue May 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Now our intelligence agencies will be less willing to give him intelligence. That's not good at all.

Intelligence agencies need to be careful that they are not perceived as partisan or they risk being dissolved and replaced. I'd rather they be eliminated entirely but this won't happen.

I think our intelligence agencies need to discrete with who they share intelligence with. If they feel that the president can't be trusted then they shouldn't have to give them any intelligence and give it to an executive they trust. That's not being partisan that's being prudent.

Eliminating our intelligence community is possibly the dumbest thing you could do
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue May 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Now our intelligence agencies will be less willing to give him intelligence. That's not good at all.

Well, the only way they can be dissolved is through act of congress. They would have to repeal the National Security Act of 1947. And that's just not happening. It'd look corrupt as shit for Trump to call for the NSA of 1947 repealed.

And, to be fair, Congress isn't about to do that themselves either.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Tue May 16, 2017 1:25 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Natapoc wrote:

I think our intelligence agencies need to discrete with who they share intelligence with. If they feel that the president can't be trusted then they shouldn't have to give them any intelligence and give it to an executive they trust. That's not being partisan that's being prudent.

Eliminating our intelligence community is possibly the dumbest thing you could do

Now wait a minute, what exactly has intelligence ever done for us? I say it's more trouble than it's worth. Ignorance is bliss, after all.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue May 16, 2017 1:28 pm

Ism wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I think our intelligence agencies need to discrete with who they share intelligence with. If they feel that the president can't be trusted then they shouldn't have to give them any intelligence and give it to an executive they trust. That's not being partisan that's being prudent.

Now wait a minute, what exactly has intelligence ever done for us? I say it's more trouble than it's worth. Ignorance is bliss, after all.

Oh it's bliss right up to the point when you die from nukes
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Tue May 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Wallenburg wrote:
The East Marches II wrote:
No. Sharing information with the Russians just makes their lives easier. We should be trying to make theirs as difficult as possible.

Making Russians' lives "as difficult as possible" means launching World War III. I'm not sure what makes anything more difficult for them than that.

That be too easy for them. They'd be dead. Its much worse to keep the wallowing in their own poverty and corruption.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Tue May 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Ism wrote:

Oh it's bliss right up to the point when you die from nukes

You're talking about the intelligence agencies that were directly involved in supporting the mujahideen, a move that resulted in direct attacks on the united states by those same groups.

These agencies are more likely to get us into a nuclear war than to save us from one. Of course, trump would not get rid of the intelligence agencies. He'd just reorganize them much as bush did.
Last edited by Natapoc on Tue May 16, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you see a ghost?

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Tue May 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Wallenburg wrote:Making Russians' lives "as difficult as possible" means launching World War III. I'm not sure what makes anything more difficult for them than that.

That be too easy for them. They'd be dead. Its much worse to keep the wallowing in their own poverty and corruption.

Why do you hate the Russian people so much that you wish harm on them?
Did you see a ghost?

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Tue May 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Oh it's bliss right up to the point when you die from nukes

You're talking about the intelligence agencies that were directly involved in supporting the mujahideen, a move that resulted in direct attacks on the united states by those same groups.

These agencies are more likely to get us into a nuclear war than to save us from one. Of course, trump would not get rid of the intelligence agencies. He'd just reorganize them much as bush did.

Honestly I don't know about that. It'd be a quagmire job. Not entirely feasible and most likely suicidal. You'd have to start from the ground up.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Natapoc wrote:You're talking about the intelligence agencies that were directly involved in supporting the mujahideen, a move that resulted in direct attacks on the united states by those same groups.

Good to see they're still no longer teaching history in the school system. It would be horrid if someone were to be informed.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Tue May 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Natapoc wrote:

Why do you hate the Russian people so much that you wish harm on them?

Because they continually try to upset the world order and cause problems. The only thing they seem to understand is violence and force. We have to speak to them in their own language to inform them of the fact that things have changed.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Tue May 16, 2017 1:35 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Natapoc wrote:You're talking about the intelligence agencies that were directly involved in supporting the mujahideen, a move that resulted in direct attacks on the united states by those same groups.

Good to see they're still no longer teaching history in the school system. It would be horrid if someone were to be informed.

The guy is not entirely wrong. As the successors to the Mujaheddin did attack the United States and are a current existent threat to US national interests.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue May 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Natapoc wrote:

I still support those same intelligence agencies
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue May 16, 2017 1:38 pm

Uxupox wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Good to see they're still no longer teaching history in the school system. It would be horrid if someone were to be informed.

The guy is not entirely wrong. As the successors to the Mujaheddin did attack the United States and are a current existent threat to US national interests.

Yes but we only trained them because we where trying to take out Ivan who was the bigger threat at the time.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue May 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Natapoc wrote:

So what?

The CIA and the Reagan administration supported a bunch of oligarchic shitbags down in my own country of origin.

Does that mean I wish the CIA was dissolved? No.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Tue May 16, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Tue May 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Uxupox wrote:

Yes but we only trained them because we where trying to take out Ivan who was the bigger threat at the time.

The stupidity of Operation Cyclone is what had a cascading effect on today's affairs specifically those in the Middle East. We should have not intervened in the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Uxupox wrote:The guy is not entirely wrong. As the successors to the Mujaheddin did attack the United States and are a current existent threat to US national interests.

The successors to the Mujahideen largely fought alongside the US forces as part of the Northern Alliance.

May I remind you that the Taliban wasn't even around until '91?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Tue May 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Natapoc wrote:

So what?

The CIA and the Reagan administration supported a bunch of fucking shitbags down in my own country of origin.

Does that mean I wish the CIA was dissolved? No.

I think you believe I'm making an argument that I am not.

I did not say that the CIA would be dissolved if they enact the presidents policies.
Did you see a ghost?

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Tue May 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Uxupox wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Yes but we only trained them because we where trying to take out Ivan who was the bigger threat at the time.

The stupidity of Operation Cyclone is what had a cascading effect on today's affairs specifically those in the Middle East. We should have not intervened in the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan.

Nah, the Soviets could get fucked.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General