NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread VI

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Tue May 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Are you saying that you respect the wording of the law more than what you know is right?

I mean, not that I see a problem with this as a capitalist, but is that what you're arguing?

Not at all. I'm saying that this is not a real scandal and I'm annoyed that some people who I respect are caught up in it.

I believe that If a democrat was doing the same thing, the republicans would be against it and the democrats would be for it.

If one wants to remove the right of the president to make such decisions there are actual ways to accomplish this but it's far more fun to engage in partisan rivalry I suppose.

I guess it is too much to expect president to exercise level of discretion a fourth grader would be fluent in and we should instead try to pass laws to deal with the buffoon engaging in dick measuring contest with Russian foreign minister.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue May 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Galloism wrote:I don't think "scandal" is the right word. Scandal implies some kind of malfeasance. Since he has broad authority to declassify stuff, it's not malfeasance to do so.

It's just another stupid thing on a stupid day in stupid town.

Agreed.

There are so many real issues, are we really this upset about Trump doing his job in a way he was legally allowed to do it? It makes me sick to think that the united states has reached the point where Donald Trump is president.

But the democrats are not making compelling arguments (echo chambers are fun but kinda pointless) when they attack him on things like this.

Appeal to worse problems again?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue May 16, 2017 12:38 pm

Galloism wrote:
If a Democrat would have done this I would think the same thing: namely, that they're stupid.

I think it is a serious issue, given that now people, and more importantly, intelligence agencies, do not know what to share and what not to share to the president anymore. So the president not only has put intelligence agencies in a bit of a compromised position, but if they choose what I think they will choose and just spoon feed the executive information they think is necessary for the carrying of Trump's duties as he should, and not the entire information, it is Trump's own damn fault.

Which, if they choose that, necessarily means the president will wind up working half blind.

I don't know if having Trump working half blind should be thrilling at this point because he can't break as much shit, or horrifying because he can now justify his conspiracy theories and he'll be more detached of the intelligence community, and do shit without intel, therefore breaking more than he would.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Tue May 16, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 16, 2017 12:38 pm

Natapoc wrote:Can you prove that he did this to boost his ego?

"It's like"

As in, "It's like your analogy.", or "It's like the concept of an analogy", or even "It fucking is an analogy"

If you wanted to be more linguistically but less rhetorically precise, it'd be a simile.
How can we separate non ego boosting acts from ego boosting acts?

Me in the post you just responded to wrote:I mean, sure, it's a good principle, but enforcement would be impossible and if you've got someone in office who's ready to sink that low, you've kind of already lost.

... are you even reading my posts?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue May 16, 2017 12:39 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Vassenor wrote:So the scuttlebutt is that Trump's loose lips moment burned an Israeli intelligence source.

is he dead yet?

We'll know when Trump uses the death to promote himself just like the SEAL killed in his Yemen clusterfuck.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Tue May 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Agreed.

There are so many real issues, are we really this upset about Trump doing his job in a way he was legally allowed to do it? It makes me sick to think that the united states has reached the point where Donald Trump is president.

But the democrats are not making compelling arguments (echo chambers are fun but kinda pointless) when they attack him on things like this.

It's more that this gives the impression that your main problem with trump is that his foreign policy with Russia is different than yours. Of course it's different than yours! This is expected when a party you oppose wins.
Did you see a ghost?

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue May 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Galloism wrote:I don't think "scandal" is the right word. Scandal implies some kind of malfeasance. Since he has broad authority to declassify stuff, it's not malfeasance to do so.

It's just another stupid thing on a stupid day in stupid town.

Agreed.

I'm mean sharing this info with the Russians, which McMaster stated Trump decided without seeking any advice in the context of the conversation he was having at the time. Oh, and he said it was "appropriate" and that basically Trump didn't have the information necessary to truly compromise the ally, because the intelligence agencies apparently don't give him that.

Thank the lord.

Anyway, the president, who walks around doing stupid shit all the time, did something else stupid, other people are calling it out as stupid. Another day in America.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue May 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

It's more that this gives the impression that your main problem with trump is that his foreign policy with Russia is different than yours. Of course it's different than yours! This is expected when a party you oppose wins.

Trump's foreign policy with Russia can be that he wants to suck Putin's dick for all I care.

That still doesn't remove the fact that what he did was stupid.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Tue May 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Oh boy. Look, we not upset that Trump wants to be friendly with Russia. We are upset that he is doing it in a way which undermines the US without any sort of concession from them. We are upset that he is incompetent in his pursuit of this friendship. We are upset that he is damaging other relationships in pursuit of this friendship.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue May 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Galloism wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Agreed.

I'm mean sharing this info with the Russians, which McMaster stated Trump decided without seeking any advice in the context of the conversation he was having at the time. Oh, and he said it was "appropriate" and that basically Trump didn't have the information necessary to truly compromise the ally, because the intelligence agencies apparently don't give him that.

Thank the lord.

Anyway, the president, who walks around doing stupid shit all the time, did something else stupid, other people are calling it out as stupid. Another day in America.

A former CIA official interviewed on public radio was pissed at Trump, and compared the excuses made for him to Churchill bragging to the Nazis on June 5th that D Day was going to start on the 6th.
Last edited by Gauthier on Tue May 16, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Tue May 16, 2017 12:45 pm

United Muscovite Nations wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
But Hillary is not.

HIllary may have been the beginning of the discussion, but she is not the totality of it. The logistics of a no-fly zone are only tangentially related to Mrs. Clinton.

And unless Trump has proposed a no-fly zone, both are off-topic.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue May 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Did Trump really ADMIT to it today and say that he had a "right" to send them?

Dude, you just fired the FBI director, and then do that. Right or not, it comes off as extremely freaking suspicious.

I was actually leaning towards trusting McMaster, but then of course Trump comes out and throws that out the window.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Tue May 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Galloism wrote:I'm mean sharing this info with the Russians, which McMaster stated Trump decided without seeking any advice in the context of the conversation he was having at the time. Oh, and he said it was "appropriate" and that basically Trump didn't have the information necessary to truly compromise the ally, because the intelligence agencies apparently don't give him that.

Thank the lord.

A former CIA official interviewed on public radio was pissed at Trump, and compared the excuses made for him to Churchill bragging to the Nazis on June 5th that D Day was going to start on the 6th.

Is it necessary to accept the opinion of a "former CIA official?" as fact?
Last edited by Natapoc on Tue May 16, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you see a ghost?

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue May 16, 2017 12:48 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Gauthier wrote:A former CIA official interviewed on public radio was pissed at Trump, and compared the excuses made for him to Churchill bragging to the Nazis on June 5th that D Day was going to start on the 6th.

Is it necessary to accept the opinion of a "former CIA officials?" as fact?

Considering the CIA is actually good at keeping secrets for years after they did something?

I'd consider an Ex-CIA agent's opinion on the matter more valuable, yes.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue May 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Corrian wrote:Did Trump really ADMIT to it today and say that he had a "right" to send them?

Dude, you just fired the FBI director, and then do that. Right or not, it comes off as extremely freaking suspicious.

I was actually leaning towards trusting McMaster, but then of course Trump comes out and throws that out the window.

Well, he's not wrong, he does have an "absolute right", as he said, to disseminate information however, wherever, whenever, and to whomever he wants to.

That doesn't mean that this "right" doesn't come with responsibilities.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Tue May 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Gauthier wrote:A former CIA official interviewed on public radio was pissed at Trump, and compared the excuses made for him to Churchill bragging to the Nazis on June 5th that D Day was going to start on the 6th.

Is it necessary to accept the opinion of a "former CIA official?" as fact?

Not a fact but it's a very valuable opinion.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Sane Outcasts
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 19, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sane Outcasts » Tue May 16, 2017 12:51 pm

Corrian wrote:Did Trump really ADMIT to it today and say that he had a "right" to send them?

Well, he's not wrong, he does have an "absolute right", as he said, to disseminate information however, wherever, whenever, and to whomever he wants to.

It still has to hurt to try to protect your boss in the face of a very tenuous news story, only for him to both demolish all of your work on his behalf and confirm the news story in two tweets.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Tue May 16, 2017 12:52 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Is it necessary to accept the opinion of a "former CIA officials?" as fact?

Considering the CIA is actually good at keeping secrets for years after they did something?

The opinion of the CIA is not the same as the opinion of a Ex- CIA agent's opinion. Ex-CIA agents can be as subject to fallacy as anyone else. Ex-CIA agents have opinions as broad and diverse as those held by the general public.
Did you see a ghost?

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue May 16, 2017 12:52 pm

Sane Outcasts wrote:

It still has to hurt to try to protect your boss in the face of a very tenuous news story, only for him to both demolish all of your work on his behalf and confirm the news story in two tweets.

As someone who has had to deal with that before, believe me, I sympathize with his staff.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Tue May 16, 2017 12:55 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:
Clearly the Russians are going to give us a giant basket full of sweets with an adorable card full of kindhearted messages.

Probably not. But a revival of the cold war is not a good idea. I can't believe that a cold war revival is the best american liberals think they can do to compete with american conservatives.

I think you're making some really excessive generalizations.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue May 16, 2017 12:56 pm

Natapoc wrote:

The opinion of the CIA is not the same as the opinion of a Ex- CIA agent's opinion. Ex-CIA agents can be as subject to fallacy as anyone else. Ex-CIA agents have opinions as broad and diverse as those held by the general public.

Ex-CIA agents do have experience in the field of intelligence gathering and sharing though. So yes, their opinion, even if biased, is more valuable than someone who wasn't or isn't a CIA agent.

Your argument is like saying a retired computer repairperson's opinion on computer hardware and software and its practicalities is irrelevant just because they're not working in computer repairs anymore. Experience begets authority, and an ex-CIA agent's opinion is more valuable than someone who has never been in the intelligence community or industry because they have experience how it all works.

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Tue May 16, 2017 12:57 pm

Nakena wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

So why would she be going to prison for it if she had nothing to do with it?

I said she didn order the hit. I didn said that she wasn't involved.

Things could have been interpreted as order though. Read the twitter link.

Hillary Clinton continues to not be in any way relevant to the topic, and your desperate attempts to distract attention from Trump (who is the topic) literally handing top-secret information to Russia are getting pathetic.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Tue May 16, 2017 1:00 pm

The East Marches II wrote:
Natapoc wrote:Am I the only one who does not understand what the big deal is with Trump giving Russia information about ISIS?

Both the US and Russia claim to be fighting ISIS. Isn't sharing information that could lead to increased cooperation against an international terrorist group a good thing?

No. Sharing information with the Russians just makes their lives easier. We should be trying to make theirs as difficult as possible.

Making Russians' lives "as difficult as possible" means launching World War III. I'm not sure what makes anything more difficult for them than that.
While she had no regrets about throwing the lever to douse her husband's mistress in molten gold, Blanche did feel a pang of conscience for the innocent bystanders whose proximity had caused them to suffer gilt by association.

King of Snark, Real Piece of Work, Metabolizer of Oxygen, Old Man from The East Pacific, by the Malevolence of Her Infinite Terribleness Catherine Gratwick the Sole and True Claimant to the Bears Armed Vacancy, Protector of the Realm

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Tue May 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Izandai wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Agreed.

Yes, because as you have been told numerous times by now, just because something is legal doesn't mean it isn't stupid. We're not mad because what Trump did was illegal, we're mad because it was stupid and destructive, just like almost everything else he's done as president.

If this was destructive, and there is no publicly available information that proves it was, it was likely one of the least destructive things he has done as president. I don't understand the amount of seemingly faux outrage it's generating.
Did you see a ghost?

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue May 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Again I ask what kind of idiot do you take me for?

Did you honestly think that I'd believe your story just because it came from a left wing site? Some of those left wing sites are the most unreliable sources for news, buzzfeed is one of those.

As a fellow leftist I applaud your integrity.

Why thank you
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General