NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread VI

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Sat May 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Thermodolia wrote:So apparently this is happening http://qklnk.co/Rtp6dq

OK, Spicer's position is tenuous, this isn't surprising.

Could you please not use tinyurl or quklnk unless there's some good reason to do so? It conceals the real URL, ie the masthead source and also the name the source gave to the article. Which normally one can see by hovering over the link. Seeing that stuff allows us to avoid giving hits to sites which some of us boycott, and actually get some idea of what you're actually talking about when you say "this is happening".

Well I can't make you of course, but please?
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat May 13, 2017 8:46 pm

AiliAiliA wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:So apparently this is happening http://qklnk.co/Rtp6dq

Could you please not use tinyurl or quklnk unless there's some good reason to do so? It conceals the real URL, ie the masthead source and also the name the source gave to the article. Which normally one can see by hovering over the link. Seeing that stuff allows us to avoid giving hits to sites which some of us boycott, and actually get some idea of what you're actually talking about when you say "this is happening".

Ya sure. I was on Facebook and saw it
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Sat May 13, 2017 8:58 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Small businesses were operating before the Bush tax cuts.

Operating, yes. Naturally I believe that small businesses are entitled to all the profit they generate.
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cbo ... businesses

Yeah, well you're not getting that. Lower corporate tax rates will be in the Republican tax plan, and they'll pass. I'm not even too bothered about it, providing the new rate is somewhere in the middle of the OECD pack. 15% seems a bit low, but it probably won't be that low. Maybe 20% or 22%.

0% ... forget it. Along with abolishing welfare, your extremist agenda is not something Republicans will ever do.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

Gim
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sat May 13, 2017 8:58 pm

AiliAiliA wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:Operating, yes. Naturally I believe that small businesses are entitled to all the profit they generate.
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cbo ... businesses

Yeah, well you're not getting that. Lower corporate tax rates will be in the Republican tax plan, and they'll pass. I'm not even too bothered about it, providing the new rate is somewhere in the middle of the OECD pack. 15% seems a bit low, but it probably won't be that low. Maybe 20% or 22%.

0% ... forget it. Along with abolishing welfare, your extremist agenda is not something Republicans will ever do.

I smell higher national debt.
All You Need to Know about Gim
Male, 17, Protestant Christian, British

Izandai
Senator

Founded: May 27, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Izandai » Sat May 13, 2017 9:00 pm

Gim wrote:
AiliAiliA wrote:

Probably. For all that republicans love to decry excessive government spending, they sure do love to cut taxes.
Shinkadomayaka wrote:
JUNCKS wrote:Ozzy is awesome but Jesus is awesomer

Hey, this is a church thread. No mentioning religion!

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:
My blind porcupine takes exception to this

Your blind porcupine can read text? :blink:

Neanderthaland wrote:
Izandai wrote:I try to be a generous fuck. I'm more likely to have sex with someone more than once that way.

Although for some reason they always act insulted when I try to pay them to communicate how much I value sex.

Ism wrote:We don't dislike what Trump does because he's Trump, we dislike Trump because of what Trump does.

Fartsniffage wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Lots of people are evil, and most of them are closer to home than ISIS

Oooooh. The rare self burn.

Grenartia wrote:Authoritarianism is political sadomasochism, change my mind.
Age subject to change without notice.

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sat May 13, 2017 9:01 pm

Izandai wrote:
Gim wrote:

Probably. For all that republicans love to decry excessive government spending, they sure do love to cut taxes.

And those who claim 0% tax are lunatics.

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Sat May 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Gim wrote:
AiliAiliA wrote:

Income tax brings in a lot more than corporations tax, for the feds. But cutting corporations tax extremely would also reduce income tax (and payroll tax, which funds USSS) as people would incorporate and restructure their employment contracts to get more after-tax.

ANY cut in corporations tax would have some effect that way, but it would really kick in if the corporation tax goes below the effective tax rate of a median employee.

Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sat May 13, 2017 9:08 pm

AiliAiliA wrote:
Gim wrote:

Income tax brings in a lot more than corporations tax, for the feds. But cutting corporations tax extremely would also reduce income tax (and payroll tax, which funds USSS) as people would incorporate and restructure their employment contracts to get more after-tax.

ANY cut in corporations tax would have some effect that way, but it would really kick in if the corporation tax goes below the effective tax rate of a median employee.

Yes, but national debt nevertheless exists.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat May 13, 2017 9:11 pm

So Melissa McCarthy started her skit as Sean spicer in the bushes
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sat May 13, 2017 9:12 pm

Thermodolia wrote:So Melissa McCarthy started her skit as Sean spicer in the bushes

:lol:

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat May 13, 2017 9:12 pm

Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sat May 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat May 13, 2017 9:16 pm

I think I've heard of a plan out of congress with that general idea before, but I can't put my finger on it.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Sat May 13, 2017 9:17 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
AiliAiliA wrote:

Ya sure. I was on Facebook and saw it

Thanks. I'll just note that tinyurl seem to be aware of that problem because their short links take you to an intermediary page where the full URL is displayed, rather than going straight to it. That's the default on tinyurl, you can turn it off.

Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

Izandai
Senator

Founded: May 27, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Izandai » Sat May 13, 2017 9:17 pm

Gim wrote:
Izandai wrote:Probably. For all that republicans love to decry excessive government spending, they sure do love to cut taxes.

And those who claim 0% tax are lunatics.

Agreed.

Say, that's a pretty good idea. I wonder why no one's ever thought of it before.
Shinkadomayaka wrote:
JUNCKS wrote:Ozzy is awesome but Jesus is awesomer

Hey, this is a church thread. No mentioning religion!

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:
My blind porcupine takes exception to this

Your blind porcupine can read text? :blink:

Neanderthaland wrote:
Izandai wrote:I try to be a generous fuck. I'm more likely to have sex with someone more than once that way.

Although for some reason they always act insulted when I try to pay them to communicate how much I value sex.

Ism wrote:We don't dislike what Trump does because he's Trump, we dislike Trump because of what Trump does.

Fartsniffage wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Lots of people are evil, and most of them are closer to home than ISIS

Oooooh. The rare self burn.

Grenartia wrote:Authoritarianism is political sadomasochism, change my mind.
Age subject to change without notice.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat May 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Galloism wrote:
Gim wrote:
Oh, for the love of.... :palm

I think I've heard of a plan out of congress with that general idea before, but I can't put my finger on it.

I think it had something to do with the previous president
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sat May 13, 2017 9:44 pm

So Obamacare dealt with hospitals where since more people had insurance certain monetary aids to hospitals was pretty much removed. I wonder what will happen with the repeal.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sat May 13, 2017 9:46 pm

I'm predicting a 70% chance of tweetstorms and a 75% chance of angry remarks at the press briefing tomorrow over tonight's SNL :p
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sat May 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Senkaku wrote:I'm predicting a 70% chance of tweetstorms and a 75% chance of angry remarks at the press briefing tomorrow over tonight's SNL :p

Any good?
Just A Little though

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat May 13, 2017 9:57 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Senkaku wrote:I'm predicting a 70% chance of tweetstorms and a 75% chance of angry remarks at the press briefing tomorrow over tonight's SNL :p

Any good?

I haven't seen the clips yet, but this pic is showing up on google images:

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sat May 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Galloism wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Any good?

Not surprised, there is no way they would not make fun of the bushes.
Just A Little though

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat May 13, 2017 10:09 pm

Neutraligon wrote:Not surprised, there is no way they would not make fun of the bushes.

I actually had to look up what you guys were talking about. I hadn't seen the news.

First article I found was the Washington Post correction that spicer was not "in the bushes" but "among the bushes".

Which, that's the funniest correction i've read in a while.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sat May 13, 2017 10:11 pm

Galloism wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Not surprised, there is no way they would not make fun of the bushes.

I actually had to look up what you guys were talking about. I hadn't seen the news.

First article I found was the Washington Post correction that spicer was not "in the bushes" but "among the bushes".

Which, that's the funniest correction i've read in a while.
:lol2: Yeah...that is amusing.... I feel bad for the bushes though, so many people making fun of them.
Just A Little though

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sat May 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Galloism wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Any good?

They demolished Spicer and Trump (and Sarah Huckabee-Sanders, tbh) in the cold open, that sketch, Weekend Update... it was quite good imo
Last edited by Senkaku on Sat May 13, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Sat May 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Izandai wrote:
Gim wrote:

Cut taxes while increasing spending at that.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General