NATION

PASSWORD

NIH wants to know

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
UnitedStatesOfAmerica-
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2006
Ex-Nation

NIH wants to know

Postby UnitedStatesOfAmerica- » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:08 pm

Why men dont like condoms.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06 ... e-condoms/

Your thoughts?
Land of Free Beer and the Home of the Kentucky Fried Chicken

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: NIH wants to know

Postby Yootopia » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:10 pm

UnitedStatesOfAmerica- wrote:Why men dont like condoms.

Some men say they reduce the pleasure of sex.
End the Modigarchy now.

Soheran
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Soheran » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:16 pm

I fail to see how this is a waste of time. It has obvious potentially significant implications for public health.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:21 pm

Place a rubber band around a sensitive organ of your choice so it creates tension and pressure on the organ in question, probably borderline-painful pressure. Cover the rest of the organ in rubber. Try stimulating it erotically now.

You see now?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Chumblywumbly
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Chumblywumbly » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:23 pm

The horrible, plasticy smell they have and having to deal with them relatively quickly after cumming can somewhat dampen the post-coital bliss.

But, yaaaay for no/less babies and STIs!!

Allanea wrote:Place a rubber band around a sensitive organ of your choice so it creates tension and pressure on the organ in question, probably borderline-painful pressure.

Sounds like you need bigger or differently-shaped condoms.
I suffer, I labour, I dream, I enjoy, I think; and, in a word, when my last hour strikes, I shall have lived.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:24 pm

...I'm not sure if I should take this as a compliment.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Chumblywumbly
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Chumblywumbly » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Allanea wrote:...I'm not sure if I should take this as a compliment.

Whether or not your penis is big and/or wonky, condoms shouldn't be painful or even near-painful to wear.
I suffer, I labour, I dream, I enjoy, I think; and, in a word, when my last hour strikes, I shall have lived.

The Macabees
Senator

Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:29 pm

Yea, you're doing it wrong.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Phenia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Phenia » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:32 pm

Condoms reduce pleasure for sure. There are some exceptions. But the good news is men who can't last long otherwise will last longer with a condom, therefore letting the woman get a really good practice session at faking orgasms.

Impyrrean
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Impyrrean » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:38 pm

UnitedStatesOfAmerica- wrote:Why men dont like condoms.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06 ... e-condoms/

Your thoughts?

I guess they reduce sexual pleasure.

Greater Americania
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Americania » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:00 pm

I actually laughed when it said in the article that the NIH "will teach men how to use protection." Lol, how much of a dumbass does someone have to be not to be able to figure out how to put on a condom? It's one of the most obvious things in the world.

But in all seriousness, they reduce sexual pleasure and I'd imagine that they might feel uncomfortable. I couldn't say for the latter. I've never worn one.
Federal Republic of Greater Americania: “Liberty, Soveriegnty, Freedom!”
Original Founder of the Nationalist Union
Member of the Santiago Anti-Communist Treaty Organization

Nationalist Republic, governed by the National Republican Party
Economic Left/Right: 2.0, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 6.21
President: Austin Farley
Vice President: John Raimark
Secretary of State: Jason Lee
Secretary of Defense: Shane Tomlinson
Secretary of Federal Security: Ross Ferrell
-Chief of Interior Security Forces: General James Calley
Secretary of Territorial Administration: Brandon Terry
-Governor of Tlozuk: Jarod Harris
-Governor of Comaack: John Fargo
*Territories are foreign nations which have been annexed by the Federal Republic

Dolbri
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dolbri » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:37 pm

Greater Americania wrote:I actually laughed when it said in the article that the NIH "will teach men how to use protection." Lol, how much of a dumbass does someone have to be not to be able to figure out how to put on a condom? It's one of the most obvious things in the world.

It's not entirely obvious. It is possible to put it on wrong, and in such a case it's not guaranteedly safe.
"Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world." ~Schopenhauer
Project Gutenberg needs your help

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:44 pm

It does reduce pleasure, although the "ultra-thin" ones are not quite as bad for that. However, you have to personally come to grips with whether you trust an "ultra-thin" condom. However, that doesn't excuse someone from not using one if they're sleeping around. Hygiene, people!
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:46 pm

Galloism wrote:However, you have to personally come to grips with whether you trust an "ultra-thin" condom.

"Certainly not for non-oral-sex"
End the Modigarchy now.

Waterlow
Ambassador

Founded: May 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Waterlow » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:03 pm

Passionkill, for both parties. It's irritating and deflating ( :blink: ) to stop what you're doing, grab a condom and so on. Takes away from the primal nature of the experience, makes it a structured and mechanical process. Personally, I often don't want my brain particularly engaged in the experience, I just want to fuck. My partners have tended to feel the same way, so we've taken risks (and gotten away with them, fortunately).

Of course, not using a condom is usually fine in an established relationship where you're both tested and in the clear. Otherwise, good luck duffing (brilliant description, that) but be aware of the consequences.
To live in England for the pleasures of social intercourse - that would be like searching for flowers in a sandy desert. ~ Nikolai Karamzin

The English think very highly of their own humanity; I am willing to admit they are not inhuman... ~ Louis Simond

The people of England choose to be, in a great measure, without Law and without Police; they have reached a very distinguished point in industry and civilisation without them. ~ Morning Chronicle

On, on!

Neo Bretonnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 26, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Bretonnia » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:40 pm

I'm surprised no one has yet said "I don't use them because they don't make them big enough for me!!! RAAAAAGH! I have to use a sheet of saran wrap and binding cord!"

A couple of years ago a doctor told me and my wife, right to our faces, that married couples should use condoms to reduce the possibility of UTIs.

That has become the longest running joke, to date, of my marriage.

I don't use condoms because I'm married and we're both faithful and the pill works well enough.

Can I get my $400k please?
Last edited by Neo Bretonnia on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
-Carl Sagan

"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
-Brigham Young

"Look with your eyes."
-Syrio Forel

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
-Christopher Hitchens

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:41 pm

What's UTI?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Neo Bretonnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 26, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Bretonnia » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:43 pm

Allanea wrote:What's UTI?

A urinary tract infection. We were at the hospital visiting a family member and the doctor was in there talking about it. To this day I'm wondering... Why not just use personal hygiene?

But that's just me...
Last edited by Neo Bretonnia on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
-Carl Sagan

"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
-Brigham Young

"Look with your eyes."
-Syrio Forel

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
-Christopher Hitchens

Rosbaningrad
Envoy

Founded: Oct 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Rosbaningrad » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:52 pm

Bareback: Feels good, man. Just go to bed, get "ready", make sure she's/he's "ready", and go at it. It's natural, it's fun, it's free.

With condoms, you need to first go to the store, buy them, go home, get "ready", rip the foil, stay "ready", put it on, keep being "ready", hope she's/he's "ready", hope you're "ready", and go at it. It's what, five bucks for a box of six (I haven't bought a box in a while, free clinic man), embarrassing to buy them (oh hey, Mr. Principal. Yeah, these are just water balloons."), less pleasureful...I mean, it's obvious why people don't want to wear condoms. You could just pull out!
Scolopendra wrote:No less than four people on the moderation staff signed off on your deletion after your repeated trolling of the entire General forum, as if you had some sort of special right.
It is with you (vis a vis your actions and attitude) that we have a problem with.
Jaredcohenia - 12/14/04 - 5/04/09
Check out WikiStates! :D

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Founded: May 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:56 pm

Try touching something with a latex glove, then touch the same object without the latex glove.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Yeah, you know what feels worse than a condom? AIDS.
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

L3 Communications
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby L3 Communications » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Dolbri wrote:
Greater Americania wrote:I actually laughed when it said in the article that the NIH "will teach men how to use protection." Lol, how much of a dumbass does someone have to be not to be able to figure out how to put on a condom? It's one of the most obvious things in the world.

It's not entirely obvious. It is possible to put it on wrong, and in such a case it's not guaranteedly safe.

Lol how do you put a condom on wrong, unless it's backwards, which is kinda hard to do unless you're absolutely smashed.
The Corporate Conglomerate of L3 Communications
L3 Corporate Factbook - L3 Embassy/Consulate Programme - L3 Broadcasting Corporation - L3 Communications - Global Armaments

- Member of The Conglomerate
- Member of CAPINTERN
- Member of the IFA
Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 7.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -4.46

New Nicksyllvania wrote:WA is jew infested tyranny that does not understand freedom and 0% taxation

Lyras wrote:Thirdly, the inclusion of multiple penetration aids (such as flares, chaff, false-target balloons and lubricant)...

Parthenon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Parthenon » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:05 pm

I have a box with over 170 Trojan Ultrathins left in my closet with an expiration date of 2012, they aren't actually half bad. Got 500 of them as part of a safe site program a while back, I really won't use anything else anymore besides Crown's Skinless Skin.
(510): he said he didn't have a condom.
(415): and you said?
(510): that that's fine cause i was ready to be a mom. yeah - he magically had a condom he forgot about after that.

-TextsFromLastNight.com
Last edited by Parthenon on Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Parthenese Confederation
Parthenon
Intergallactic Hell
The Bleeding Roses
West Parthenon
Former GDODAD/Metus Member

The Silver Sky
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sky » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:07 pm

L3 Communications wrote:
Dolbri wrote:

Lol how do you put a condom on wrong, unless it's backwards, which is kinda hard to do unless you're absolutely smashed.

That is when a lot of sex occurs, at least with young adults/older teens. :P
[Current Skian Strategic Military Condition]
[Strategic Nuclear Exchange] - [Tactical Nuclear Exchange] - [Conventional Exchange] - *[Conventional Readiness]* - [Peacetime]
AMF FOR MOD

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Founded: May 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:13 pm

Neo Art wrote:Yeah, you know what feels worse than a condom? AIDS.

Just because you don't like condoms doesn't mean you won't wear them.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General