NATION

PASSWORD

Crowdfunding Facebook Posts?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Some statements...

Ignorance is bliss
10%
Crowdfunding Facebook posts is a terrible idea
33%
Crowdfunding Facebook posts is an OK idea
6%
Crowdfunding Facebook posts is a wonderful idea
4%
Save the whales
21%
I love surveys
11%
I hate surveys
15%

Total votes : 81

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:35 pm

Xerographica wrote:

You're arguing that if somebody spends their money on your Facebook post it's because they are irrational. This would only be true if they didn't derive any utility from your Facebook post. Are you seriously going to argue that you know exactly how much utility people derive from your Facebook posts? Are you seriously going to argue that you're a mind-reader?

I'm arguing people who spend money when they don't have to and receive no personal benefit for having done so are being irrational, yes.

If they can receive the benefit without paying and pay anyway, that's the opposite of rational behavior. They're not acting in the most utility maximizing way for themselves. Now what is the opposite of rational behavior?
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:58 pm

You do not need to have more than one thread about your pet idea going at a time. No, just because one is about Netflix and one is about Facebook does not mean they are different enough. Especially when the second reads as yet another blog post.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Previous

Return to General