NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread IX: The Right Man's Burden

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Was the Reformation a good thing?

1 - Yes.
52%
2 - Neutral.
26%
3 - No.
23%

Total votes : 293

The Founding Fatherland
Envoy

Founded: Oct 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Founding Fatherland » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:29 am

Tekeristan wrote:
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
The world isn't exactly in great shape last I checked.

Nothing like ignoring all the good in the world to help form such an idea.
Cause despite all that's played up, there's some pretty significant worldly progress.

Nothing that wasn't already inevitable.
Everything Within the State
Nothing Outside the State
Nothing Against the State
American Fascist & Orthodox Christian

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:32 am

Tekeristan wrote:Nothing like ignoring all the good in the world to help form such an idea.
Cause despite all that's played up, there's some pretty significant worldly progress.

It'll all get better, don't you worry peach.
There's not much one can say to a fascist to make them feel better. :blush:
Last edited by Tekeristan on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Founding Fatherland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Founding Fatherland » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:35 am

Tekeristan wrote:

It'll all get better, don't you worry peach.

Outspoken opposition to democracy makes me feel better.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:37 am

Tekeristan wrote:It'll all get better, don't you worry peach.

I quite like the 'unwashed' masses myself, our very definitions of good are different, soo.. :?
Intense political education and high quality education for all when?

The Founding Fatherland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Founding Fatherland » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:43 am

Tekeristan wrote:

I quite like the 'unwashed' masses myself, our very definitions of good are different, soo.. :?

Unfortunately the stupidity of the common man is unrelated to lack of proper education.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:44 am

Tekeristan wrote:I quite like the 'unwashed' masses myself, our very definitions of good are different, soo.. :?

Unfortunately the stupidity of the common man is unrelated to lack of proper education.

You'd be surprised.
Besides, you and me? We're both most likely the common man. :p

But, isn't the idea of a strong nation a part of your whole get up? A well educated population can certainly do a good lot.
Last edited by Tekeristan on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

War Gears
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:51 am

Tekeristan wrote:It was, in a sense. They was a heavy interest to preserve what many saw as the American way that had developed in a long period of British neglect in a time Britain was trying to 'unite the empire'.
Funnily enough, independence sorta just happened on accident. Wasn't even the original goal. But what further makes it interesting was that it was a revolution with both liberals and conservatives. The mess of figuring stuff out sorta came after.

Too bad they couldn't figure out that democratic republics are a joke.

And yet it's Fascist republics that are extinct.
Parasparopagraho Jīvānām.

The Founding Fatherland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Founding Fatherland » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:53 am

Tekeristan wrote:

You'd be surprised.

But, isn't the idea of a strong nation a part of your whole get up? A well educated population can certainly do a good lot.

I never said I was against a population that was properly educated. Humans, however, are less likely to utilize said education when in groups.

It's not the average Joe that's an idiot, it's the collective of average Joe's.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:56 am

Tekeristan wrote:You'd be surprised.

I never said I was against a population that was properly educated. Humans, however, are less likely to utilize said education when in groups.

Talk to any individual person, and yea you can see some reason behind their beliefs : Whether they're a degenerate , or whatever else.
(tbf I was really just trying to find a place where to put that link in somewhere here)

War Gears
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:57 am

Tekeristan wrote:You'd be surprised.

Then why support collectivism and corporatism since both inherently put humans in groups?

The Founding Fatherland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Founding Fatherland » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:59 am

War Gears wrote:

Then why support collectivism and corporatism since both inherently put humans in groups?

Because groups are only stupid without leadership, thus the reason anarchism and communism don't work.

War Gears
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:03 am

War Gears wrote:

Because groups are only stupid without leadership, thus the reason anarchism and communism don't work.

Do you have any evidence for such an assertion, especially considering how idiotic most Fascist groups were in Italy?

The Founding Fatherland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Founding Fatherland » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:11 am

War Gears wrote:

Do you have any evidence for such an assertion, especially considering how idiotic most Fascist groups were in Italy?

Do I have any evidence? I have all of human history for evidence. Armies often route when their commanders die, the vice president becomes president if the sitting president dies or is removed from office, political parties go defunct without a head, and there are many more examples. There is a reason leadership exists, and that is to lead groups.

People don't just work together for the Hell of it, despite what the Far-Left spectrum might believe. They need direction or otherwise they won't know where they're going.

Now, do you have any evidence for your assertion that fascist groups in Italy were "idiotic"?

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:21 am

War Gears wrote:

Do I have any evidence? I have all of human history for evidence. Armies often route when their commanders die, the vice president becomes president if the sitting president dies or is removed from office, political parties go defunct without a head, and there are many more examples. There is a reason leadership exists, and that is to lead groups.

People don't just work together for the Hell of it, despite what the Far-Left spectrum might believe. They need direction or otherwise they won't know where they're going.

Now, do you have any evidence for your assertion that fascist groups in Italy were "idiotic"?

You know fascism isn't the only ideology with leaders, right?

War Gears
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:34 am

The Founding Fatherland wrote:Armies often route when their commanders die,

Armies are a centralized body with a chain of command, not all organizations are the same as them.
The Founding Fatherland wrote:the vice president becomes president if the sitting president dies or is removed from office,

That's not evidence.
The Founding Fatherland wrote:political parties go defunct without a head,

There have been parties with collective leadership, such as the Red-Green Alliance of Denmark. Anarcho-syndicates, while not parties, are similar in that they were political organizations with no clear leadership.
The Founding Fatherland wrote:People don't just work together for the Hell of it,

No, but they also don't work together because of some naive Great Men of History theory.
The Founding Fatherland wrote:They need direction or otherwise they won't know where they're going.

They don't need leaders to do this.
The Founding Fatherland wrote:Now, do you have any evidence for your assertion that fascist groups in Italy were "idiotic"?

Where to begin. Their utter incompetence at mobilizing Italy for war (despite Italy having fought in two major wars in the decade), allowing buffoons such as Starace to purge the party of "traitors" such as Arpinati based on trumped up charges, proclaiming a Nordicist racial policy in spite of the fact their country was Latin, these are all just random examples that spring from memory. I'm sure if I wasted more time trying to remember that failure of a regime's history I could come up with more instances of their stupidity.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:48 am

War Gears wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:You seem to think religious debauchery is an expression of individualism.

No, if I wanted to make the case for individualism in Buddhism, I could've just cited the Rājan Sutta.
Searching all directions with your awareness, you find no one dearer than yourself. In the same way, others are thickly dear to themselves. So you shouldn't hurt others if you love yourself.

You claimed I had numerous modernist Western beliefs, I didn't think this boiled down all to individualism.
The Parkus Empire wrote:This further proves that you are a a western looking at Eastern religion from the outside.

:roll:
The Parkus Empire wrote:The idea of debauchery as individualism as a widespread idea started with the libertines, and is really not any earlier than Sade in philosophical fornulation.

In the time of De Sade, deism had become increasingly common among the revolutionaries in France. If anything, he'd have been rebelling more against them than he would Christiandom.
The Parkus Empire wrote:religious debauchery was mostly associated with mystery cults, which were absolutely not individualist.

In Tibet and other Asian countries, wandering hermit monks aren't the collectivists you seem to think all Eastern people are.

Sade viciously attacks Christianity. I do not recall him doing that with deist.

Love your neighbors as yourself is not an individualist affirmation. Neither is base selfishness (since that is not an ideology of the individual in general, just of oneself). Neither is being a hermit, at least not as such. Individualism is the ideological belief in the totalitarian autonomy of the individual.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

War Gears
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:57 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:Love your neighbors as yourself is not an individualist affirmation.

That's not what the sutta I shared said.
The Parkus Empire wrote:Individualism is the ideological belief in the totalitarian autonomy of the individual.

Wikipedia definition of individualism wrote:Individualism is the moral stance, political philosophy, ideology, or social outlook that emphasizes the moral worth of the individual.[1][2] Individualists promote the exercise of one's goals and desires and so value independence and self-reliance[3] and advocate that interests of the individual should achieve precedence over the state or a social group,[3] while opposing external interference upon one's own interests by society or institutions such as the government.[3]

You've failed to demonstrate what is actually so anti-individualist about Buddhism. Since you apparently know so much about it that you can label it's adherents posers, surely your most highly knowledge self can tell me what's so anti-individualist about the Buddhist religion.

Taihei Tengoku
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Taihei Tengoku » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:18 pm

Tekeristan wrote:Well, considering how the world sorta looks, I wouldn't exactly call it a joke.

Personally I wish they went fully radical.
I'm talking full "Remember the ladies" radical.

liberalism is the one and only hope for mankind
REST IN POWER
Franberry - HMS Barham - North Point - Questers - Tyrandis - Rosbaningrad - Sharfghotten
UNJUSTLY DELETED
OUR DAY WILL COME

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:21 pm

Taihei Tengoku I have a serious question here, what do you think about the approach of stuff like automation, fitting it in with liberal economics and so forth?

Taihei Tengoku
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Taihei Tengoku » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:38 pm

I am against the Corn Laws and think the application of water-wheel power to automate weaving is a good thing.
REST IN POWER
Franberry - HMS Barham - North Point - Questers - Tyrandis - Rosbaningrad - Sharfghotten
UNJUSTLY DELETED
OUR DAY WILL COME

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:38 pm

Taihei Tengoku wrote:I am against the Corn Laws and think the application of water-wheel power to automate weaving is a good thing.

These are truly enlightening times. :^)

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Taihei Tengoku wrote:I am against the Corn Laws and think the application of water-wheel power to automate weaving is a good thing.

>indirectly helping Ireland

Pls go, good English corn growers need support.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:40 pm

Taihei Tengoku wrote:

liberalism is the one and only hope for mankind

You can't detach it from those who make economically irrational decisions like say allowing unproductive people in anymore. It's caught the morals and a bad case at that.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:43 pm

TBH protectionism is dumber than just letting unproductive people be unproductive at their own danger and ill.
Last edited by Agritum on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:44 pm

Agritum wrote:TBH protectionism is dumber than just letting unproductive people be unproductive at their own danger and ill.

Protectionism has nothing to do with keeping the useless out. Entirely separate matters. Not to mention we have to pay for them and then when they breed, deal with poverty stricken children who have citizenship rights.
Last edited by The East Marches II on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General