Page 494 of 495

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:35 pm
by The Founding Fatherland
War Gears wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Little surprise egoism and fascism were their defining ideologies.


Neither of those things are particularly evil, just wrong.


Fascism isn't wrong, and egoism is definitely evil.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:38 pm
by War Gears
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
War Gears wrote:
Neither of those things are particularly evil, just wrong.


Fascism isn't wrong, and egoism is definitely evil.


Militarism, totalitarianism, and ultra-nationalism, none of these things are particularly good.

That explains why Mussolini was so influenced by Stirner.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:39 pm
by The Founding Fatherland
War Gears wrote:
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
Fascism isn't wrong, and egoism is definitely evil.


Militarism, totalitarianism, and ultra-nationalism, none of these things are particularly good.

That explains why Mussolini was so influenced by Stirner.


No, those are definitely all good things.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:39 pm
by Sanctissima
War Gears wrote:
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
Fascism isn't wrong, and egoism is definitely evil.


Militarism, totalitarianism, and ultra-nationalism, none of these things are particularly good.

That explains why Mussolini was so influenced by Stirner.


Totalitarianism's shit, but the former and latter are phenomenal and denial of this is profligacy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:40 pm
by Albrenia
Sanctissima wrote:
War Gears wrote:
Militarism, totalitarianism, and ultra-nationalism, none of these things are particularly good.

That explains why Mussolini was so influenced by Stirner.


Totalitarianism's shit, but the former and latter are phenomenal and denial of this is profligacy.


I don't think you are legally allowed to use that last word without a meme picture to back it up, citizen.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:40 pm
by The Parkus Empire
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
War Gears wrote:
Neither of those things are particularly evil, just wrong.


Fascism isn't wrong, and egoism is definitely evil.

Fascism puts the state above God, so definitely wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:42 pm
by Sanctissima
Albrenia wrote:
Sanctissima wrote:
Totalitarianism's shit, but the former and latter are phenomenal and denial of this is profligacy.


I don't think you are legally allowed to use that last word without a meme picture to back it up, citizen.


Oy vey, what have I done.

I humbly submit myself to death by crucifixion.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:42 pm
by The Founding Fatherland
The Parkus Empire wrote:
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
Fascism isn't wrong, and egoism is definitely evil.

Fascism puts the state above God, so definitely wrong.


Not true at all.

Nothing is above God.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:43 pm
by War Gears
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
War Gears wrote:
Militarism, totalitarianism, and ultra-nationalism, none of these things are particularly good.

That explains why Mussolini was so influenced by Stirner.


No, those are definitely all good things.


Mmmh, did the Ethiopian villagers who were raped, bombed, and murdered think so? Did the Yugoslav families beaten to death think about the glories of Italian militarism?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:44 pm
by Rostavykhan
War Gears wrote:
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
No, those are definitely all good things.


Mmmh, did the Ethiopian villagers who were raped, bombed, and murdered think so? Did the Yugoslav families beaten to death think about the glories of Italian militarism?


Obviously. They're not Italian.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:45 pm
by -Jochistan-
I'm not a nihilist or anything, but the moralizing of some people gets really tiresome. And often gets in the way of important things like religious transcendence being realized or art or nature being appreaciated.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:45 pm
by War Gears
The Parkus Empire wrote:
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
Fascism isn't wrong, and egoism is definitely evil.

Fascism puts the state above God, so definitely wrong.


You're conflating Gentile's philosophical belief with the opinion of the Fascist Party as a whole, which is not the case for the clerical wing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:45 pm
by The Founding Fatherland
War Gears wrote:
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
No, those are definitely all good things.


Mmmh, did the Ethiopian villagers who were raped, bombed, and murdered think so? Did the Yugoslav families beaten to death think about the glories of Italian militarism?


Militarism and war crimes are completely unrelated, nice try though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:47 pm
by War Gears
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
War Gears wrote:
Mmmh, did the Ethiopian villagers who were raped, bombed, and murdered think so? Did the Yugoslav families beaten to death think about the glories of Italian militarism?


Militarism and war crimes are completely unrelated, nice try though.


The two are quite closely linked, unless you can show me reason to believe that the Rab concentration camp and Second Italo-Ethiopian War weren't the exact extension of Fascist militarism.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:47 pm
by United Muscovite Nations
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
War Gears wrote:
Mmmh, did the Ethiopian villagers who were raped, bombed, and murdered think so? Did the Yugoslav families beaten to death think about the glories of Italian militarism?


Militarism and war crimes are completely unrelated, nice try though.

1-800-Come-on-Now

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:48 pm
by Herskerstad
Apparently we where 6 pages short of the 500.

I am glad the mods enforce a completely predictable, fair, well oriented and predictab . . oh no they have special favourites.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=396196

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:49 pm
by Rostavykhan
Herskerstad wrote:Apparently we where 6 pages short of the 500.

I am glad the mods enforce a completely predictable, fair, well oriented and predictab . . oh no they have special favourites.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=427693


You're not tolerant enough, Comrade.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:51 pm
by The Founding Fatherland
War Gears wrote:
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
Militarism and war crimes are completely unrelated, nice try though.


The two are quite closely linked, unless you can show me reason to believe that the Rab concentration camp and Second Italo-Ethiopian War weren't the exact extension of Fascist militarism.


You're grasping at straws.

For one thing, militarism isn't just military expansion. It has an additional meaning which refers to reverence and favoritism of the military by the state, but hey, who cares about semantics right?

Militarism does not encourage nor enforce criminal acts of war. To suggest otherwise is pacifist propaganda.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:54 pm
by Herskerstad
Rostavykhan wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:Apparently we where 6 pages short of the 500.

I am glad the mods enforce a completely predictable, fair, well oriented and predictab . . oh no they have special favourites.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=427693


You're not tolerant enough, Comrade.


Or transgender enough, apparently.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=326656

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:54 pm
by Sanctissima
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
War Gears wrote:
The two are quite closely linked, unless you can show me reason to believe that the Rab concentration camp and Second Italo-Ethiopian War weren't the exact extension of Fascist militarism.


You're grasping at straws.

For one thing, militarism isn't just military expansion. It has an additional meaning which refers to reverence and favoritism of the military by the state, but hey, who cares about semantics right?

Militarism does not encourage nor enforce criminal acts of war. To suggest otherwise is pacifist propaganda.


I'm as much in favour of subjugating the tribals as the next man, but... come on now.

Call a spade a spade.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:56 pm
by United Muscovite Nations
Herskerstad wrote:
Rostavykhan wrote:
You're not tolerant enough, Comrade.


Or transgender enough, apparently.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=326656

Call the mods out on it, post a thread on moderation. Also check the TET catalog, because that one is actually posted by a moderator.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:57 pm
by War Gears
Sanctissima wrote:
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
You're grasping at straws.

For one thing, militarism isn't just military expansion. It has an additional meaning which refers to reverence and favoritism of the military by the state, but hey, who cares about semantics right?

Militarism does not encourage nor enforce criminal acts of war. To suggest otherwise is pacifist propaganda.


I'm as much in favour of subjugating the tribals as the next man, but... come on now.

Call a spade a spade.


Ethiopia was a modernizing nation which was a member of the League of Nations, it's only crime was that it didn't bow down and worship the white Italian masters in the First Italo-Ethiopian War. Eastern Slavs weren't tribals. Nor were Albanians, Greeks, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:58 pm
by Albrenia
Or instead of complaining we could fill up these last five pages by discussing stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:58 pm
by The East Marches II
War Gears wrote:
Sanctissima wrote:
I'm as much in favour of subjugating the tribals as the next man, but... come on now.

Call a spade a spade.


Ethiopia was a modernizing nation which was a member of the League of Nations, it's only crime was that it didn't bow down and worship the white Italian masters in the First Italo-Ethiopian War. Eastern Slavs weren't tribals. Nor were Albanians, Greeks, etc.


Its crime was that it broke away from the Ottoman Empire.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:58 pm
by The Founding Fatherland
Sanctissima wrote:
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
You're grasping at straws.

For one thing, militarism isn't just military expansion. It has an additional meaning which refers to reverence and favoritism of the military by the state, but hey, who cares about semantics right?

Militarism does not encourage nor enforce criminal acts of war. To suggest otherwise is pacifist propaganda.


I'm as much in favour of subjugating the tribals as the next man, but... come on now.

Call a spade a spade.


I will, but this isn't a spade. It's a diamond. They might both be black, but that doesn't mean they're in the same deck.