NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread IX: The Right Man's Burden

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Was the Reformation a good thing?

1 - Yes.
52%
2 - Neutral.
26%
3 - No.
23%

Total votes : 293

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:49 pm

-Jochistan- wrote:

Oh yeah, they venerate Saints that did because they don't want to do anything themselves.

They're more concerned about hardcore nationalism, ultraconservative moral fixations and fancy robes.

They're like Hasidic Jews on Speed.

Seems a bit harsh.

War Gears
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:50 pm

Luminesa wrote:
-Jochistan- wrote:Oh yeah, they generate Saints that did because they don't want to.

They're more concerned about hardcore nationalism, ultraconservative moral fixations and fancy robes.

And you’re not into “hardcore nationalism”?

As someone who knows him pretty well, I can safely say that Jochi is not nationalist in the slightest, much less "hardcore nationalist."
Parasparopagraho Jīvānām.

Sanctissima
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctissima » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:51 pm

War Gears wrote:
Sanctissima wrote:
Heresy!

Truth be told I find Daoism to be the most natural and reality-based of all religions, hence my appeal for it. The problem with placing too much value with yin or yang is that it inherently creates a state of unnecessary and unhealthy imbalance. Yin focuses too much on order and earthly matters, whereas Yang focuses too much on the spiritual and more philosophical matters. The extreme of the former is a control freak, whereas the extreme of the latter is an ascetic.

Combined however, in they achieve equilibrium, and complement one another.

You'd think a former fashyboo would appreciate the equilibrium of extremes. :^)

As someone who finds next to nothing appealing about masculinity, I'm pretty content with a feminine extreme. Unfortunately some of the dualistic influence found it's way into Shinto and perverted the more feminine-centric element of it.

Eh, Yang isn't so much exclusively masculine as much as it is the chaotic component of the human psyche. It's as much associated with light and the realm of spirits as it is with the male gender.

Daoist dualism influenced Shintoism due to the natural dominance and hegemony of Papa Zhongguo over little Baby Nippon. :^)

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:51 pm

War Gears wrote:
Luminesa wrote:And you’re not into “hardcore nationalism”?

As someone who knows him pretty well, I can safely say that Jochi is not nationalist in the slightest, much less "hardcore nationalist."

Just making sure.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

-Jochistan-
Envoy

Founded: Oct 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Jochistan- » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:51 pm

Luminesa wrote:
-Jochistan- wrote:Oh yeah, they generate Saints that did because they don't want to.

And you’re not into “hardcore nationalism”?

Only in self defense.

Ethnic groups aren't doormats. Won't complain if they decide to fight back against something.
Like in the case of Palestine or the Kurds.

But I'm really not a fan of violent ethnic expansionism.
Last edited by -Jochistan- on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:52 pm

-Jochistan- wrote:

Only in self defense.

Ethnic groups aren't doormats. Won't complain if they decide to fight back against something.

So “hardcore nationalism” only in self-defense?...Son that doesn’t make any sense!
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:52 pm

-Jochistan- wrote:

Oh yeah, they venerate Saints that did because they don't want to do anything themselves.

Because providing 1/3 of all charity donations in the US isn’t doing something?
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:53 pm

-Jochistan- wrote:

Only in self defense.

Last edited by The East Marches II on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Jochistan-
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Jochistan- » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:56 pm

Luminesa wrote:
-Jochistan- wrote:Only in self defense.

So “hardcore nationalism” only in self-defense?...Son that doesn’t make any sense!

Well, it depends on what you mean by nationalism. If you mean the belief in the supremacy and imperial destiny of an ethnic group or something along those lines, then no. Under no circumstances would I seriously advocate racial or cultural supremacy.

If you mean the system of organization against some form of tyranny by a culture and a sense of pride to go with it, then no I don't have a problem with that.

Depends on context for the nationalism
Last edited by -Jochistan- on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

War Gears
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:58 pm

Sanctissima wrote:
War Gears wrote:
As someone who finds next to nothing appealing about masculinity, I'm pretty content with a feminine extreme. Unfortunately some of the dualistic influence found it's way into Shinto and perverted the more feminine-centric element of it.

Eh, Yang isn't so much exclusively masculine as much as it is the chaotic component of the human psyche. It's as much associated with light and the realm of spirits as it is with the male gender.

Daoist dualism influenced Shintoism due to the natural dominance and hegemony of Papa Zhongguo over little Baby Nippon. :^)

It's pretty strongly associated with masculinity, at least in early texts, and that's what finds it's way into influencing early Shinto (though the amount of foreign influence on the Kojiki is minimal, it's a very native work).

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:58 pm

-Jochistan- wrote:

Only in self defense.

Palestine (especially their attempts at resistance) is a joke. An unfunny one, but a joke nonetheless.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

-Jochistan-
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Jochistan- » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:04 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
-Jochistan- wrote:Only in self defense.

Palestine (especially their attempts at resistance) is a joke. An unfunny one, but a joke nonetheless.

The meek shall inherit the earth babe ;)

Hakons
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:05 pm

-Jochistan- wrote:

Stop talking out of your arse. Religious institutions provide daily aid to the impoverished just about anywhere in the world.
“All elements of the national life must be made to drink in the Life which proceedeth from Him: legislation, political institutions, education, marriage and family life, capital and labour.” —Pope Leo XIII

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:05 pm

-Jochistan- wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:Palestine (especially their attempts at resistance) is a joke. An unfunny one, but a joke nonetheless.

*Ayn Rand intensifies*
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

-Jochistan-
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Jochistan- » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:08 pm

Hakons wrote:
-Jochistan- wrote:Oh yeah, they venerate Saints that did because they don't want to do anything themselves.

Stop talking out of your arse. Religious institutions provide daily aid to the impoverished just about anywhere in the world.

I'm not arguing they don't. Not anti religious in the least bit. I'm just saying Orthodox Christians tend to have issues. And their Church itches to force them on everyone else.
Last edited by -Jochistan- on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:10 pm

-Jochistan- wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:Palestine (especially their attempts at resistance) is a joke. An unfunny one, but a joke nonetheless.

Then it looks like you’re not getting a single penny.

Furthermore, why not a two-state solution? Israel and Palestine exist in peace?
-Alan Jackson

-Jochistan-
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Jochistan- » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:11 pm

Luminesa wrote:
-Jochistan- wrote:The meek shall inherit the earth babe ;)

Then it looks like you’re not getting a single penny.

Because Israel is an invasive settler state. And needs to be flushed out.
Last edited by -Jochistan- on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:13 pm

-Jochistan- wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Then it looks like you’re not getting a single penny.

Because Israel is an invasive settler state.

And you don’t think that can be changed maybe? What do you propose?
-Alan Jackson

Hakons
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:15 pm

-Jochistan- wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Then it looks like you’re not getting a single penny.

Because Israel is an invasive settler state. And needs to be flushed out.

Israel is the spearhead of Western Civilization returning to the Middle East. The Mandates never should have been disbanded.
“All elements of the national life must be made to drink in the Life which proceedeth from Him: legislation, political institutions, education, marriage and family life, capital and labour.” —Pope Leo XIII

War Gears
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:21 pm

Hakons wrote:
-Jochistan- wrote:Because Israel is an invasive settler state. And needs to be flushed out.

Israel is the spearhead of Western Civilization returning to the Middle East. The Mandates never should have been disbanded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

Doesn't seem very Western or civilized, to be honest.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:23 pm

I think they might need to stop murdering each other and try to work their issues out like rational people. Unfortunately they have feuds so deep and old that it seems unlikely.

-Jochistan-
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Jochistan- » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Hakons wrote:
-Jochistan- wrote:Because Israel is an invasive settler state. And needs to be flushed out.

Hakons
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:24 pm

War Gears wrote:
Hakons wrote:

>nuclear weapons were invented by westerners

Please, Israelis are very civilized and are largely Westerners. Much of the population is descended from Europ.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:25 pm

War Gears wrote:
Hakons wrote:

It seems very Western, madness to ensure survival. The logical conclusion of nukes.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:27 pm

Sanctissima wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:
No, literally the Dao incarnate. The Word is not conscious entity except as a placeholder. The Word is beyond being and prefigures reality. The Word does not think, at least not in a mechanical sense, because the Word does not deliberate. The Word does as the Word is, and the Word's doing (energies) is enternal and without change. And the Word, which is superreal, became man; not changing the nature of the Word, but adding and binding a human nature with thought and will.

Your lot came up with the Trinity, not me.

Jesus is quintessentially a reincarnation of God in human form. Or at least, that's the simplest way I can explain centuries of Christian theology regarding the role of the Son within the Trinity.

Hence, an avatar of the Dao, but not the Dao per se. If we were to apply it in Daoist terms.

Which, again, doesn't really fit in with Daoist cosmology since the Dao isn't really considered to be a conscious entity. Hell, it's barely even considered an entity at all, but moreso the natural rhythm of the universe.

God is not technically an entity or being in Orthodoxy. He is rather the predicate of being
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General