NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread IX: The Right Man's Burden

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Was the Reformation a good thing?

1 - Yes.
52%
2 - Neutral.
26%
3 - No.
23%

Total votes : 293

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:50 pm

The East Marches II wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:I don't support them. That's why I compared it to the assassination of Alexander II (who was killed by communists specifically because he wanted to appease the downtrodden). On the other hand, saying the state of Serbia was "sheltering" members of the organization because they weren't handing over everyone affiliated to it to the Austrian government, is not really fair. After the attacks of 9/11, it would have been ludicrous and unfair to expect Afghanistan to hand over everyone with affiliation to Al Qaeda, and to allow the United States to establish our own police force over there otherwise. Invading Afghanistan for refusing these demands would be unjust in the extreme.

Thats exactly what we did though and nobody blinked an eye. It was entirely just and right.

If they handed over bin Laden yet we still invaded, that would be very wrong.
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:52 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Thats exactly what we did though and nobody blinked an eye. It was entirely just and right.

If they handed over bin Laden yet we still invaded, that would be very wrong

Yet like the Serbs, they gave us some mealy mouthed nonsense.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:56 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:If they handed over bin Laden yet we still invaded, that would be very wrong

Serbs gave quite a bit, and even were willing to discuss the last article if other nations could help settle it.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:57 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:

Serbs gave quite a bit, and even were willing to discuss the last article if other nations could help settle it.

No they didn't, they just tried to buy time for Russian mobilization. Typical bad faith tactics of a terrorist supporting state. The Austrians should have crushed them outright.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:04 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:Serbs gave quite a bit, and even were willing to discuss the last article if other nations could help settle it.

No they didn't, they just tried to buy time for Russian mobilization. Typical bad faith tactics of a terrorist supporting state. The Austrians should have crushed them outright.

I think everyone, including Austria, would have been much better off without the war.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:34 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:

I think everyone, including Austria, would have been much better off without the war.

Yes, thats why Serbia should have agreed to their generous offer. Alas, no such luck.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:51 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:

No one knew that WWI was going to be WWI as we know it.

Almost everyone thought the war would have been over in a year.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:40 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:I think everyone, including Austria, would have been much better off without the war.

No one knew that WWI was going to be WWI as we know it.

Almost everyone thought the war would have been over in a year.

Those who started it thought that. Plenty of other officials understood exactly what a "general war" would entail.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:52 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:I think everyone, including Austria, would have been much better off without the war.

Yes, thats why Serbia should have agreed to their generous offer. Alas, no such luck.

So Germany and Austria were compelled to start a proto global thermonuclear war.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:04 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:

So Germany and Austria were compelled to start a proto global thermonuclear war.

Serbia started it you mean :^)

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:45 pm

Now that the ISIS war is winding down towards final victory, I think it is almost time to maybe begin discussions about what should happen to the leader of ISIS should he be captured or killed? It seems likely now that he's somewhere along the Euphrates river in Syria.

Al-Baghdadi has been in US captivity before, this lenient outcome must not happen again because he's such a flight risk and doesn't deserve humane treatment. The world knows he's a dirt bag so he must get a punishment that is suited for someone of his caliber of evil. I predict that he's more likely to get killed, but if he isn't blown to pieces by an explosion, I think he should be getting the Muammar Gaddafi treatment.

In the unlikely event that he's taken alive, I think the Soviet plan for Adolf Hitler should go into effect- put Al-Baghdadi in a cage and parade him through the streets of the Kurdish or Shia capital of Iraq, and I'm sure you all know what happens next. ;)
Last edited by Saiwania on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:49 pm

Preferably Al-Baghdadi is captured and put on trial for his crimes. Who should be the ones to put him in front of a courtroom, I'm still not sure about. Part of me wants to have a multi-national court that tries him, so that a lot of the countries that have been harmed by his message and his followers can take part in exacting retribution, but I'm mainly wary of European aversion to the death penalty, which is what he deserves.
Last edited by Napkiraly on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:15 pm

Napkiraly wrote:Preferably Al-Baghdadi is captured and put on trial for his crimes. Who should be the ones to put him in front of a courtroom, I'm still not sure about. Part of me wants to have a multi-national court that tries him, so that a lot of the countries that have been harmed by his message and his followers can take part in exacting retribution, but I'm mainly wary of European aversion to the death penalty, which is what he deserves.

Let Russia have him.

Europe is too weak anyways.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:35 pm

Napkiraly wrote:Preferably Al-Baghdadi is captured and put on trial for his crimes. Who should be the ones to put him in front of a courtroom, I'm still not sure about. Part of me wants to have a multi-national court that tries him, so that a lot of the countries that have been harmed by his message and his followers can take part in exacting retribution, but I'm mainly wary of European aversion to the death penalty, which is what he deserves.

I'm fairly certain that Al Baghdadi is dead.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

HMS Queen Elizabeth
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby HMS Queen Elizabeth » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:36 pm

nuke mecca VI Day now
Last edited by HMS Queen Elizabeth on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crown the King with Might!
Let the King be strong,
Hating guile and wrong,
He that scorneth pride.
Fearing truth and right,
Feareth nought beside;
Crown the King with Might!

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:52 pm

It could also be what he wants.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:53 pm

Genivaria wrote:

Its in everybody's interest if he resists during a raid and tragically dies or gets it in an airstrike

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Genivaria wrote:It could also be what he wants.

Its in everybody's interest if he resists during a raid and tragically dies or gets it in an airstrike

Yes, how tragic that would be, and damnit TEM why'd you bring bacon?

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:44 pm

Genivaria wrote:

He wont be taken alive.
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

The Eternal Aulus
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Eternal Aulus » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:02 am

Saiwania wrote:Now that the ISIS war is winding down towards final victory, I think it is almost time to maybe begin discussions about what should happen to the leader of ISIS should he be captured or killed? It seems likely now that he's somewhere along the Euphrates river in Syria.

Al-Baghdadi has been in US captivity before, this lenient outcome must not happen again because he's such a flight risk and doesn't deserve humane treatment. The world knows he's a dirt bag so he must get a punishment that is suited for someone of his caliber of evil. I predict that he's more likely to get killed, but if he isn't blown to pieces by an explosion, I think he should be getting the Muammar Gaddafi treatment.

In the unlikely event that he's taken alive, I think the Soviet plan for Adolf Hitler should go into effect- put Al-Baghdadi in a cage and parade him through the streets of the Kurdish or Shia capital of Iraq, and I'm sure you all know what happens next. ;)

It won't make a difference. If Abu Bakr al Baghdadi has been killed someone else will take over his role. They should capture him and forcefully make him state that everything ISIS did is haram. That ISIS was haram and that he will be responsible for all hellfire in the afterlife. It won't help much, ie some ISIS radicals will keep on fighting, but maybe it will fence off some others. Killing him will work in the opposite direction I think.
Muslim
Islamist
And, behold, with every hardship comes ease: - Quran 94:5
RWDT's favorite Dutchman. A middle school teacher in philosophy and religion.
RIP Joch 12/11/2017 - DoS - 2young2bdeleted

Prusswitonsiakekingkailand
Envoy

Founded: Dec 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusswitonsiakekingkailand » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:02 am

I'll tell you one thing,with left dominance over Nationstates, this has to be the most entertaining thread i've read in a while.
Ethnicity: Polish, Prussian
Nationality: American
Supports: Anything the sun touches that is our kingdom
Opposes: Anything the sun doesn't touch is Australia... we don't touch Australia.

"If you put people in a cold climate, they invent Communism."

Imperialist to the core, proud of my heritage even if I don't live up to it, if you so need to call me a -boo, call me a Kaiserboo, I enjoy anime, avid Polandball fan, i'm a ranting rambler, and I am a Monarchist

------------------------------------
-----------------------------------

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusswitonsiakekingkailand » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:07 am

The Eternal Aulus wrote:
Saiwania wrote:Now that the ISIS war is winding down towards final victory, I think it is almost time to maybe begin discussions about what should happen to the leader of ISIS should he be captured or killed? It seems likely now that he's somewhere along the Euphrates river in Syria.

It won't make a difference. If Abu Bakr al Baghdadi has been killed someone else will take over his role. They should capture him and forcefully make him state that everything ISIS did is haram. That ISIS was haram and that he will be responsible for all hellfire in the afterlife. It won't help much, ie some ISIS radicals will keep on fighting, but maybe it will fence off some others. Killing him will work in the opposite direction I think.

I love that idea, there's no reason to just keep killing Abu over and over again when they're just going to replace him to compensate for the loss, capturing him seems like the better option now. In all honesty, ISIS is like fighting an eternal Battle of Castle Itter, they won't surrender until their "great leader" is gone in name, not dead in name. When Hitler killed himself, did the SS give up? No, and neither will ISIS until their leader is forced too.
Opposes: Anything the sun doesn't touch is Australia... we don't touch Australia.

Imperialist to the core, proud of my heritage even if I don't live up to it, if you so need to call me a -boo, call me a Kaiserboo, I enjoy anime, avid Polandball fan, i'm a ranting rambler, and I am a Monarchist

The Eternal Aulus
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Eternal Aulus » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:43 am

Prusswitonsiakekingkailand wrote:
The Eternal Aulus wrote:It won't make a difference. If Abu Bakr al Baghdadi has been killed someone else will take over his role. They should capture him and forcefully make him state that everything ISIS did is haram. That ISIS was haram and that he will be responsible for all hellfire in the afterlife. It won't help much, ie some ISIS radicals will keep on fighting, but maybe it will fence off some others. Killing him will work in the opposite direction I think.

I love that idea, there's no reason to just keep killing Abu over and over again when they're just going to replace him to compensate for the loss, capturing him seems like the better option now. In all honesty, ISIS is like fighting an eternal Battle of Castle Itter, they won't surrender until their "great leader" is gone in name, not dead in name. When Hitler killed himself, did the SS give up? No, and neither will ISIS until their leader is forced too.

I believe ISIS will crumble once their leaders admit (forcefully) that they were wrong. Then you get real moral damage. Not when you kill them.
Muslim
Islamist
And, behold, with every hardship comes ease: - Quran 94:5
RWDT's favorite Dutchman. A middle school teacher in philosophy and religion.
RIP Joch 12/11/2017 - DoS - 2young2bdeleted

The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:22 am

The Eternal Aulus wrote:
Prusswitonsiakekingkailand wrote:I love that idea, there's no reason to just keep killing Abu over and over again when they're just going to replace him to compensate for the loss, capturing him seems like the better option now. In all honesty, ISIS is like fighting an eternal Battle of Castle Itter, they won't surrender until their "great leader" is gone in name, not dead in name. When Hitler killed himself, did the SS give up? No, and neither will ISIS until their leader is forced too.

I believe ISIS will crumble once their leaders admit (forcefully) that they were wrong. Then you get real moral damage. Not when you kill them.

What if they reject him and continue anyway?
ywn be as good as this video
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Putting the toilet paper roll the wrong way
Every single square inch of Asia
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
4Chan in all its glory and all its horror
Playing the little Switch controller handheld thing in public
Treading on me
Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, and all their cousins and sisters and brothers and wife's sons
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
Believing the Ottomans were the third Roman Empire
Parodies of the Gadsden flag
The Fate Series
US politics

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusswitonsiakekingkailand » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:29 am

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
The Eternal Aulus wrote:I believe ISIS will crumble once their leaders admit (forcefully) that they were wrong. Then you get real moral damage. Not when you kill them.

What if they reject him and continue anyway?

I doubt that, but if so then we come up with a Plan B, besides if you think about it, ISIS won't really function without a leader, unless they just keep doing what they've been doing and reinstate a new leader.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General