NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Mutatis mutandis ...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:12 pm

New Visayan Islands wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Well it looks like Thermy might not be single anymore

Finally got lucky? Congrats!

By the Emperor, that was some good tinola.

Oh I've gotten lucky.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 pm

New Visayan Islands wrote:

Finally got lucky? Congrats!

By the Emperor, that was some good tinola.

Ardrentt wrote:

Yay! :)

The Miarii Empire wrote:

:clap:

Thanks for the well wishes.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:17 pm

Hetalia Dakota 2 II wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Definitely worth it. You can repair the damage by making this: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/101 ... iskey-cake. May I just say ... OMG! :blink:

I can't wheat though.
I never got a story from you last night, could I have one tonight?
Please?

No wheat? Bummer.

Okay, it's called "PGT Beauregard - Dragonrider" and it tells how the handsome, talented, brave Pierre Gustave Toutant-Beauregard served as an engineer in the army of Winfield Scoot during Scott's invasion of Mexico in 1847, where he discovered a long-lost cache of dragon eggs. Taking them back to New Orleans, he sought out the aid of local practitioners of the arcane arts and hatched them out. Naturally, dragons bonded with our hero, who raised them tenderly into a small but invincible unit of sky cavalry. When the evil Northern Government attacked the peace-loving people of the South, Beauregard brought his dragons to Charleston. They destroyed the Northern fortress of Mount Sumter, where the orc hordes were gathering to ravage the fair city. After that victory he led the Southern forces at Manassas, his dragons sending the Northerners fleeing in abject terror. The final victory was snatched from Beauregard's grasp, however, when he came against the North's most diabolical general, Unconditional Surrender Grant at Shiloh. There Grant and his evil lieutenant, Mad Billy Sherman, slew several of Beauregard's dragons and defeated the valiant army of the South. After that, as Beauregard was tending to his remaining dragons, the leaders of the South, jealous of our hero's successes and fearful of a popular uprising in his favor, relegated him to defending the ports of South Carolina, Georgia and Florida. Beauregard accepted his exile with heroic grace and held of the demonic fleets of the North for years. Finally, however, the two remaining dragons departed from him to return to their ancestral mountain in Mexico and the South was finally conquered. Even the evil rulers of the North could not harm Beauregard, however, so he lived out his days trying to help his war-ravaged people.

:)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The Miarii Empire
Envoy

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miarii Empire » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Hetalia Dakota 2 II wrote:I can't wheat though.
I never got a story from you last night, could I have one tonight?
Please?

No wheat? Bummer.

Okay, it's called "PGT Beauregard - Dragonrider" and it tells how the handsome, talented, brave Pierre Gustave Toutant-Beauregard served as an engineer in the army of Winfield Scoot during Scott's invasion of Mexico in 1847, where he discovered a long-lost cache of dragon eggs. Taking them back to New Orleans, he sought out the aid of local practitioners of the arcane arts and hatched them out. Naturally, dragons bonded with our hero, who raised them tenderly into a small but invincible unit of sky cavalry. When the evil Northern Government attacked the peace-loving people of the South, Beauregard brought his dragons to Charleston. They destroyed the Northern fortress of Mount Sumter, where the orc hordes were gathering to ravage the fair city. After that victory he led the Southern forces at Manassas, his dragons sending the Northerners fleeing in abject terror. The final victory was snatched from Beauregard's grasp, however, when he came against the North's most diabolical general, Unconditional Surrender Grant at Shiloh. There Grant and his evil lieutenant, Mad Billy Sherman, slew several of Beauregard's dragons and defeated the valiant army of the South. After that, as Beauregard was tending to his remaining dragons, the leaders of the South, jealous of our hero's successes and fearful of a popular uprising in his favor, relegated him to defending the ports of South Carolina, Georgia and Florida. Beauregard accepted his exile with heroic grace and held of the demonic fleets of the North for years. Finally, however, the two remaining dragons departed from him to return to their ancestral mountain in Mexico and the South was finally conquered. Even the evil rulers of the North could not harm Beauregard, however, so he lived out his days trying to help his war-ravaged people.

I've been confused for like an hour now, what does this have to do with cereal grains?
This nation does not represent my IRL views. I do not use NS stats.
Supreme Gong Squiggler Strudelkopf, Miarimbecile, Pop Singer Kingdom, Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch, antidisestablishmentarianism, The Miarri Empire
Why?

Kannap wrote:
The Miarii Empire wrote:Is catnip making our cats gay?

Your cats were born gay

Kannap wrote:
The Miarii Empire wrote:But my dogs were corrupted by those satanic, penis shaped chew toys!

No, catnip made your dogs gay.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:27 pm

The Miarii Empire wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:No wheat? Bummer.

I've been confused for like an hour now, what does this have to do with cereal grains?

Nothing.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

The Miarii Empire
Envoy

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miarii Empire » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:29 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The Miarii Empire wrote:I've been confused for like an hour now, what does this have to do with cereal grains?

Nothing.

why is it called whet
This nation does not represent my IRL views. I do not use NS stats.
Supreme Gong Squiggler Strudelkopf, Miarimbecile, Pop Singer Kingdom, Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch, antidisestablishmentarianism, The Miarri Empire
Why?

Kannap wrote:
The Miarii Empire wrote:Is catnip making our cats gay?

Your cats were born gay

Kannap wrote:
The Miarii Empire wrote:But my dogs were corrupted by those satanic, penis shaped chew toys!

No, catnip made your dogs gay.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:31 pm

The Miarii Empire wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Nothing.

why is it called whet

Wheat, not whet. Whet is what you do to sharpen blades.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:49 pm

The Miarii Empire wrote:

why is it called whet

There were two separate things going on.

1. Dakky has a limited diet due to food allergies or medical problems of some sort. Apparently wheat is a problem.

2. Last night, Dakky asked Farn to tell a story about the Civil War and dragons. Tonight, they reminded Farn about it and got a story.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:54 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
The Miarii Empire wrote:why is it called whet

1. Dakky has a limited diet due to food allergies or medical problems of some sort. Apparently wheat is a problem.

2. Last night, Dakky asked Farn to tell a story about the Civil War and dragons. Tonight, they reminded Farn about it and got a story.

I was going to add the story to the original post where I put the cake recipe but I needed to look up some details of Beauregard's life.

And that cake can be made gluten-free, too, so maybe the wheat is less of a problem. Honestly, with the chocolate and coffee and whiskey and all, gluten-free flour couldn't detract much, if at all.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:58 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

I was going to add the story to the original post where I put the cake recipe but I needed to look up some details of Beauregard's life.

And that cake can be made gluten-free, too, so maybe the wheat is less of a problem. Honestly, with the chocolate and coffee and whiskey and all, gluten-free flour couldn't detract much, if at all.

Yeah, even when you're writing historical fiction that's not meant to be accurate, it still works better if you do some research.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:03 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:I was going to add the story to the original post where I put the cake recipe but I needed to look up some details of Beauregard's life.

Yeah, even when you're writing historical fiction that's not meant to be accurate, it still works better if you do some research.

Even when it's off the cuff, the way Beauregard the Dragonrider is.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:06 am

nova scotian submarines

Gim
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:32 am

The Miarii Empire wrote:

why is it called whet

:lol:
Wheat.
All You Need to Know about Gim
Male, 17, Protestant Christian, British

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:43 am

So on the one hand feeling like I should just stay off the internet this weekend.

On the other need access to online resources to get my coursework done.

Feck.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Ardrentt
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardrentt » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:53 am

Vassenor wrote:So on the one hand feeling like I should just stay off the internet this weekend.

Feck.

The catch-22 of the modern world.

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:02 am

Vassenor wrote:So on the one hand feeling like I should just stay off the internet this weekend.

Feck.

Good luck.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:23 am

Farnhamia wrote:
The Miarii Empire wrote:why is it called whet

Wheat, not whet. Whet is what you do to sharpen blades.

And such a lovely sound that makes.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:30 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Wheat, not whet. Whet is what you do to sharpen blades.

And such a lovely sound that makes.

The ancient sound.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:34 am

*glares at cats*

Thanks for waking me up at quarter-to-six in the bloody morning.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Thyerata
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thyerata » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:37 am

*screams* MY EXAM TIMETABLE IS HORRIBLE...
From the Desk of the Honourable Matthew Merriweather Ph.D. (Law, 2040) LLM Public and International Law, 2036) LLB Law (2035) (all from Thyerata State University)
Thytian Ambassador to the World Assembly and Security Council

I'm a gay man with an LLM, mild Asperger syndrome and only one functioning eye. My IC posts may reflect this, so please be aware

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:38 am

Thyerata wrote:*screams* MY EXAM TIMETABLE IS HORRIBLE...

Exam schedules generally are.
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Thyerata
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thyerata » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:45 am

Luziyca wrote:
Thyerata wrote:*screams* MY EXAM TIMETABLE IS HORRIBLE...

Exam schedules generally are.

I know. However, I have 3 law exams, each lasting about 3-4 hours because I get extra time, in the space of five days...
From the Desk of the Honourable Matthew Merriweather Ph.D. (Law, 2040) LLM Public and International Law, 2036) LLB Law (2035) (all from Thyerata State University)
Thytian Ambassador to the World Assembly and Security Council

I'm a gay man with an LLM, mild Asperger syndrome and only one functioning eye. My IC posts may reflect this, so please be aware

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:53 am

Thyerata wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Exam schedules generally are.

I know. However, I have 3 law exams, each lasting about 3-4 hours because I get extra time, in the space of five days...

Good luck.

My sociology exam is on April 7th, then the indigenous studies exam is on April 10th... and then for some reason my English exam is on April 19th.

But at least you didn't get 3 in less than 24 hours.

Hurdergaryp
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:56 am

Luziyca wrote:*glares at cats*

At dawn they hunt, hungry for hapless prey.

“Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.”
Mao Zedong

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:02 am

Hurdergaryp wrote:
Luziyca wrote:*glares at cats*

At dawn they hunt, hungry for hapless prey.

Yeah.

They wanted food and water.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General