NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Mutatis mutandis ...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:45 am

Auremena wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:I'm allergic to tomato, so I always get white pizza and don't care about the sauce, but I don't eat at Pizza Hut because of the stale cheese.
I can't believe how hard that must be to avoid. Tomatoes are a brilliant thing, especially when warm. I can't imagine how it must feel to not be able to enjoy anything made with them.

It's actually not that hard for the most part. The most bothersome thing about it is since it's a less common allergy, they don't include it in the allergy warnings on food, so I have to read the actual ingredients list when I am unsure if something has tomato or not. Some products have really long ingredients lists and tiny print. And at events like company lunches, sometimes it never occurs to anyone that they need to make sure there's a tomato-free option -- again because it's an uncommon allergy.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:47 am

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Auremena wrote:I can't believe how hard that must be to avoid. Tomatoes are a brilliant thing, especially when warm. I can't imagine how it must feel to not be able to enjoy anything made with them.

Ugh... I dislike cooked tomatoes.

I prefer them raw.

Same. Cooked tomatoes are gross
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:48 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:I'm allergic to tomato, so I always get white pizza and don't care about the sauce, but I don't eat at Pizza Hut because of the stale cheese.
Also, if you're allergic to one nightshade, it's not uncommon to be allergic to the others.
Whenever I hear nightshade I always think of the Pokémon move.
USS Monitor wrote:
Auremena wrote:I can't believe how hard that must be to avoid. Tomatoes are a brilliant thing, especially when warm. I can't imagine how it must feel to not be able to enjoy anything made with them.
It's actually not that hard for the most part. The most bothersome thing about it is since it's a less common allergy, they don't include it in the allergy warnings on food, so I have to read the actual ingredients list when I am unsure if something has tomato or not. Some products have really long ingredients lists and tiny print. And at events like company lunches, sometimes it never occurs to anyone that they need to make sure there's a tomato-free option -- again because it's an uncommon allergy.
I'm an Italian, life without tomatoes is unheard of.
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:48 am

USS Monitor wrote:

Hey, Bill, pass the tomato-free tomato soup, wouldja?
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:49 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
I'm allergic to tomato, so I always get white pizza and don't care about the sauce, but I don't eat at Pizza Hut because of the stale cheese.

Also, if you're allergic to one nightshade, it's not uncommon to be allergic to the others.

Yes. I've never had problems with anything except tomato, but some of my relatives have.
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:51 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
No... Why do you ask?

Typing

I don't type. I have a built in modem that I use to transmit my thoughts directly to NSG.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:54 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
I eat them like apples. :lol2:

I eat them the same way, except I put salt on them.

Blegh. I hate salt.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:56 am

Auremena wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:Also, if you're allergic to one nightshade, it's not uncommon to be allergic to the others.
Whenever I hear nightshade I always think of the Pokémon move.
USS Monitor wrote:It's actually not that hard for the most part. The most bothersome thing about it is since it's a less common allergy, they don't include it in the allergy warnings on food, so I have to read the actual ingredients list when I am unsure if something has tomato or not. Some products have really long ingredients lists and tiny print. And at events like company lunches, sometimes it never occurs to anyone that they need to make sure there's a tomato-free option -- again because it's an uncommon allergy.
I'm an Italian, life without tomatoes is unheard of.

When I studied abroad in Florence, I found plenty of great food that didn't have tomato. When I took a trip to southern Italy, it was more of an issue down there.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:56 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:Typing

I don't type. I have a built in modem that I use to transmit my thoughts directly to NSG.

Oooooooooohhh....
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:56 am

USS Monitor wrote:

Unless it's a severe allergy, could just take benadryl. My sister is allergic to watermelon, but she loves it, and that's what she does. She just pops benadryl after eating it.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:58 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
I eat them the same way, except I put salt on them.

Blegh. I hate salt.

:shock:

But salty food is best food....

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:59 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

Unless it's a severe allergy, could just take benadryl. My sister is allergic to watermelon, but she loves it, and that's what she does. She just pops benadryl after eating it.

I don't think benadryl would help. I don't get hives, just nauseous.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:59 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:
Blegh. I hate salt.

It taste horrible.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:00 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:
Blegh. I hate salt.

Indeed. Potato Chips are my weakness.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:01 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

I don't think benadryl would help. I don't get hives, just nauseous.

Benadryl is an antihistimine. It's meant to deal with allergies, it is an allergy medication. But like I said, only if it isn't severe. Like, if it gives you anaphylaxis -- DONT. You need an epipen or an ER visit for that. Stupid dayquil.

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:02 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Auremena wrote:Whenever I hear nightshade I always think of the Pokémon move.I'm an Italian, life without tomatoes is unheard of.
When I studied abroad in Florence, I found plenty of great food that didn't have tomato. When I took a trip to southern Italy, it was more of an issue down there.
Yeah, my family were Sicilian tomato farmers in San Vito and New Jersey.
USS Monitor wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:Blegh. I hate salt.

Should have invited you over a few weeks back when my friend and I made ackee and saltfish for Shabbat dinner! God even after letting the fish soak overnight it was still super salty.
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:05 am

Idzequitch wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

Indeed. Potato Chips are my weakness.

The only way I can control my potato chip intake so I don't eat myself sick is to refrain from buying them. If I buy them, I will go through a whole family-size bag in a day.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:06 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Indeed. Potato Chips are my weakness.

The only way I can control my potato chip intake so I don't eat myself sick is to refrain from buying them. If I buy them, I will go through a whole family-size bag in a day.

Same. 100% same.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:07 am

Idzequitch wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

Same. 100% same.

:blink:

-secretly judges-

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:10 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Same. 100% same.

-secretly judges-

-used to eat a lot more potato chips before, but not anymore, but doesn't judge-
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

Tsaraine
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsaraine » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:12 am

Idzequitch wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

Same. 100% same.

That's exactly like me with any kind of chocolate.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:13 am

Lady Scylla wrote:

-secretly judges-

I mean, I've done that. I do have some self control, but I've never had a bag of chips I bought last me more than three days, tops. I would say two days is average for me.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:16 am

Tsaraine wrote:

That's exactly like me with any kind of chocolate.

See, I like chocolate, but not that much. I want it now and then, but never in large quantities. The salty snacks are definitely the bigger issue for me.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:16 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

-secretly judges-

I mean, I've done that. I do have some self control, but I've never had a bag of chips I bought last me more than three days, tops. I would say two days is average for me.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm judging you.

7.5 :p

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:17 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I mean, I've done that. I do have some self control, but I've never had a bag of chips I bought last me more than three days, tops. I would say two days is average for me.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm judging you.

7.5 :p

Not as badly as I'm judging you for hating on the salty snacks.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General