NATION

PASSWORD

The NationStates Feminist Thread III

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:03 pm

The Twilight Embassy wrote:Women are not "taxed" more for the "same" product; they are punished for not choosing the better, more feminine, product. I would very much love to see the folks arguing that "the women tax is female privilege and therefore proof patriarchy isn't real uwu" try to get a job someplace as a woman that doesn't fit society's narrow and paradoxical standards of beauty. No makeup or too much makeup, too thin or too fat or too "Hollywood Pudgy", simultaneously "too woke" and too problematic, too pale yet not caucasian enough, etc.

I work in just such a place. And the last place I worked was such a place. And the place before that. The one before that had weight standards, but they applied to both men and women, because it was hard to do your job of chasing down criminals if you weren't at least marginally fit.

Men are not being punished through stigmatization for seeking higher social status through femininity; they are being punished through stigmatization for seeking higher social status "the wrong way" (through femininity rather than through white supremacy, rape culture, and being a horrible person in general).

Rather, they're punished for seeking higher social status without personally sacrificing for society by inventing something or becoming a business titan or something like that. They are "cheating", as you would refer to it, by trying to seek social status that women get by default, instead of social status they have to earn by contributing to society.

The fascist status quo society we live in wants men to be powerful and in-charge but also ugly, miserable, disposable, jaded, masculine and evil. It wants women to fit narrow, unrealistic, paradoxical standards of not just beauty but of femininity, optimism, morality and enlightenment that makes them "better and more worthy of life then everyone else." Everyone who can't meet either standard (people of color, poor people) are exterminated/enslaved, and people who don't want to meet the standard set out for them (children, feminine men and masculine women, transgender people in general but especially trans women) are considered acceptable targets to be beaten and r*ped into submission, with higher social status rewarded to the white man or white woman that commits the atrocity.

Notably, transgender women are more acceptable targets because the people who hate them view them as aberrant men, and men are more acceptable targets for violence. Transgender men on the other hand are viewed by people who hate them as women, and women are less acceptable targets for violence.

While men and women both can and do suffer violence, men suffer a lot more, and transwomen are viewed as men by such persons while transmen are viewed as women, hence the disparate treatment of violence.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:07 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:Doesn't sound like a society that truly cares for men when it views men as disposable tools that need to be tough enough to die in the next war. I would argue that unlike in a racist society, a sexist society is oppressive to all parties involved.

Indeed.

And, it turns out, if you only work on half the problem, only half the problem gets better. There's no trickle down equal treatment to the other half.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:12 pm

Galloism wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:Doesn't sound like a society that truly cares for men when it views men as disposable tools that need to be tough enough to die in the next war. I would argue that unlike in a racist society, a sexist society is oppressive to all parties involved.

Indeed.

And, it turns out, if you only work on half the problem, only half the problem gets better. There's no trickle down equal treatment to the other half.

Men and women both have privileges and disadvantages in a sexist system. It isnt like Apartheid South Africa where basically whites got everything and blacks got told to fuck off to the Bantustans and die.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:38 pm

The Twilight Embassy wrote:Sounds like both the feminists and the, uh, "not feminists" in this thread are ignoring the disease to instead treat the symptoms of sexist (to all genders) systemic rot that's plagued human civilization since Mesopotamia.

1. Women are not "taxed" more for the "same" product; they are punished for not choosing the better, more feminine, product. I would very much love to see the folks arguing that "the women tax is female privilege and therefore proof patriarchy isn't real uwu" try to get a job someplace as a woman that doesn't fit society's narrow and paradoxical standards of beauty. No makeup or too much makeup, too thin or too fat or too "Hollywood Pudgy", simultaneously "too woke" and too problematic, too pale yet not caucasian enough, etc.

2. Men are not being punished through stigmatization for seeking higher social status through femininity; they are being punished through stigmatization for seeking higher social status "the wrong way" (through femininity rather than through white supremacy, rape culture, and being a horrible person in general).

3. The fascist status quo society we live in wants men to be powerful and in-charge but also ugly, miserable, disposable, jaded, masculine and evil. It wants women to fit narrow, unrealistic, paradoxical standards of not just beauty but of femininity, optimism, morality and enlightenment that makes them "better and more worthy of life then everyone else." 4. Everyone who can't meet either standard (people of color, poor people) are exterminated/enslaved, and people who don't want to meet the standard set out for them (children, feminine men and masculine women, transgender people in general but especially trans women) are considered acceptable targets to be beaten and r*ped into submission, with higher social status rewarded to the white man or white woman that commits the atrocity.

New haven america wrote:No one does that.

5. Prove it.

1. Most jobs and even a ton of schools, both public and private, have grooming/looks standards for men. Try being a guy with a beard not on the board of directors or investors in a Fortune 500 company.
2. So what about countries that aren't white and don't have much in the way of sex crimes?
3. Fascism is actually super into fashion and aesthetics. It's actually a pretty big point in Dur Fascism that both men and women look as well groomed, strong, and presentable as possible in order to show why other political ideologies suck. Tis the reason why Hitler hired Coco Chanel (Yes, Chanel, one of the most expensive and popular fashion companies on the planet) to design the Nazi's uniforms and accessories.
4. I'm not arguing that life tends to be harder to people who don't conform to their gender roles/expectations, quite the contrary as I've argued against gender roles for as long as I can remember (Seeing as how I don't conform to stand male gender roles), however, usually it's not just men doing it but women as well. Fun fact: A lot of women actually like a lot of male/female gender roles because it benefits them. (Also, why did you censor rape even though you wrote it in the other paragraph)
5. Prove people actually use it. ;)
Last edited by New haven america on Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:41 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Galloism wrote:Indeed.

Men and women both have privileges and disadvantages in a sexist system. It isnt like Apartheid South Africa where basically whites got everything and blacks got told to fuck off to the Bantustans and die.

Yep.

Fixing the problems for one group and then claiming that will fix all other social issues (Like how modern feminism likes to operate) is like saying "If we solve hunger in America, then that means world hunger has been fixed everywhere!" Well, no it hasn't because every where's different and going through different causes of hunger.
Last edited by New haven america on Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The Twilight Embassy
Spokesperson

Founded: May 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twilight Embassy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:18 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:Out of curiosity, why did you self-censor "rape"?

cuz i felt like it...? idfk

Galloism wrote:I work in just such a place. And the last place I worked was such a place. And the place before that. The one before that had weight standards, but they applied to both men and women, because it was hard to do your job of chasing down criminals if you weren't at least marginally fit.

Ah, my apologies; I wasn't being specific enough. You're talking about body shape and general health; I was more referring to things like hair and face.

Notably, transgender women are more acceptable targets because the people who hate them view them as aberrant men, and men are more acceptable targets for violence. Transgender men on the other hand are viewed by people who hate them as women, and women are less acceptable targets for violence.

While men and women both can and do suffer violence, men suffer a lot more, and transwomen are viewed as men by such persons while transmen are viewed as women, hence the disparate treatment of violence.

This is a bit of a backhanded compliment, but folks like you are why I was thought I was an anti-feminist when I was a teenager; unlike most people on the internet, you possess the capacity to see the bigger picture and address all of the injustices that the society we live in (bottom text) perpetuates at a systemic level, not just the ones that screw over cis women like TERFs do nor just the ones that screw over cis men like anti-feminists/MRAs claim to. This cherry-picked quote demonstrates this capacity.

Now, if only there were a word to describe the phenomenon of "trans women being viewed as men" by society. Hmm... *thinky emoji*

Oh, it definitely doesn't care about anyone's rights, safety or happiness. We all suffer injustices under the status quo, just in drastically different and moderately unequal ways.

New haven america wrote:1. Most jobs and even a ton of schools, both public and private, have grooming/looks standards for men. Try being a guy with a beard not on the board of directors or investors in a Fortune 500 company.
2. So what about countries that aren't white and don't have much in the way of sex crimes?
3. Fascism is actually super into fashion and aesthetics. It's actually a pretty big point in Dur Fascism that both men and women look as well groomed, strong, and presentable as possible in order to show why other political ideologies suck. Tis the reason why Hitler hired Coco Chanel (Yes, Chanel, one of the most expensive and popular fashion companies on the planet) to design the Nazi's uniforms and accessories.
4. I'm not arguing that life tends to be harder to people who don't conform to their gender roles/expectations, quite the contrary as I've argued against gender roles for as long as I can remember (Seeing as how I don't conform to stand male gender roles), however, usually it's not just men doing it but women as well. Fun fact: A lot of women actually like a lot of male/female gender roles because it benefits them. (Also, why did you censor rape even though you wrote it in the other paragraph)

1. Those grooming/looks standards are less universal and less enforced compared to the standards enforced on women. I would know; I've gone most of my life
2. Was "In general being a horrible person" not enough to communicate that pretty much every part of the planet trains men to be garbage and treats men like garbage when they don't comply?
3. Oh, I'm sorry, you have a lawyeristic definition of fascism where everything must adhere to a rigid set of regulations that only apply to a handful of defunct 20th century regime in order to qualify as fascist, otherwise it's "perfectly fine."
4. Glad we're in agreement.
5. You're the one making sweeping generalizations of an entire planet.

New haven america wrote:Fixing the problems for one group and then claiming that will fix all other social issues (Like how modern feminism likes to operate) is like saying "If we solve hunger in America, then that means world hunger has been fixed everywhere!" Well, no it hasn't because every where's different and going through different causes of hunger.

There's a little thought exercise I like to do where whenever someone complains about "modern feminism," I substitute it with "TERFs." It's an exercise I wish all feminists did, because it'd shed a lot of light as to where all of this sudden anti-feminism in the United States is coming from.

Spoiler Alert: It's the reality that feminism refuses-- or is simply unable to, due to being subservient to the anti-intersectionalist demands of cishet white women --distance itself from TERFs, a vocal m**ority (whether they are a majority or minority is frankly irrelevant) that's poisoning the movement from the inside with their legit fucking misandrist rhetoric that's designed to get trans women killed. Hey, you said it yourself,
A lot of women actually like a lot of male/female gender roles because it benefits them.
Factbook | AMA/Q&A | Embassy Program | NS Stats/Policies Used Selectively |
This nation is neither dystopian nor utopian; rather, a mix between idealist policy-making with ruthlessly-pragmatic enforcement thereof. "The Order of H Light" is an alt account of mine that plays out as a more straightforward dystopia/false utopia.

However, my IRL political views are admittedly very weird and may intersect with this nation in more ways/less ways then I care to admit.

At War with The Order of Hateful Light.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:28 pm

The Twilight Embassy wrote:
Galloism wrote:I work in just such a place. And the last place I worked was such a place. And the place before that. The one before that had weight standards, but they applied to both men and women, because it was hard to do your job of chasing down criminals if you weren't at least marginally fit.

Ah, my apologies; I wasn't being specific enough. You're talking about body shape and general health; I was more referring to things like hair and face.

And that's included - we all work on the phone at home. Until last year, we didn't even know what our bosses looked like, and we rarely see each other.

This is a bit of a backhanded compliment, but folks like you are why I was thought I was an anti-feminist when I was a teenager; unlike most people on the internet, you possess the capacity to see the bigger picture and address all of the injustices that the society we live in (bottom text) perpetuates at a systemic level, not just the ones that screw over cis women like TERFs do nor just the ones that screw over cis men like anti-feminists/MRAs claim to. This cherry-picked quote demonstrates this capacity.

Thanks, I think.

Now, if only there were a word to describe the phenomenon of "trans women being viewed as men" by society. Hmm... *thinky emoji*

Trans hatred? Transphobia?

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:46 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:Out of curiosity, why did you self-censor "rape"?

cuz i felt like it...? idfk

Oh, it definitely doesn't care about anyone's rights, safety or happiness. We all suffer injustices under the status quo, just in drastically different and moderately unequal ways.

New haven america wrote:1. Most jobs and even a ton of schools, both public and private, have grooming/looks standards for men. Try being a guy with a beard not on the board of directors or investors in a Fortune 500 company.

1. Those grooming/looks standards are less universal and less enforced compared to the standards enforced on women. I would know; I've gone most of my life
2. Was "In general being a horrible person" not enough to communicate that pretty much every part of the planet trains men to be garbage and treats men like garbage when they don't comply?
3. Oh, I'm sorry, you have a lawyeristic definition of fascism where everything must adhere to a rigid set of regulations that only apply to a handful of defunct 20th century regime in order to qualify as fascist, otherwise it's "perfectly fine."
4. Glad we're in agreement.
5. You're the one making sweeping generalizations of an entire planet.

New haven america wrote:Fixing the problems for one group and then claiming that will fix all other social issues (Like how modern feminism likes to operate) is like saying "If we solve hunger in America, then that means world hunger has been fixed everywhere!" Well, no it hasn't because every where's different and going through different causes of hunger.

6. There's a little thought exercise I like to do where whenever someone complains about "modern feminism," I substitute it with "TERFs." It's an exercise I wish all feminists did, because it'd shed a lot of light as to where all of this sudden anti-feminism in the United States is coming from.

Spoiler Alert: It's the reality that feminism refuses-- or is simply unable to, due to being subservient to the anti-intersectionalist demands of cishet white women --distance itself from TERFs, a vocal m**ority (whether they are a majority or minority is frankly irrelevant) that's poisoning the movement from the inside with their legit fucking misandrist rhetoric that's designed to get trans women killed. Hey, you said it yourself,
A lot of women actually like a lot of male/female gender roles because it benefits them.

1. Well they're not, but I can see how you'd say they are as that point doesn't help your narrative.
2. Well, not every part of the world trains men to be garbage though, as well as the fact that "Garbage" behavior is subjective. For example, a lot of women find men who try to act with more of a provider role (Like wanting to fully pay for dates) as "Garbage" because they're not letting the woman practice her autonomy, while other women find men who are ok with more equal footing (Like only paying 1/2 or not paying at all and letting the woman do it) to be "Garbage" because they're not being real men and providing for them no questions asked.

Like, if you say everywhere trains men to be garbage, then you gotta say the same for women because they also have their own host of destructive and counterintuitive behaviors.
3. This is what we call a strawman, and is usually used when people don't have a good argument or any argument at all against someone's point and is usually a sign of ideological/debate weakness.

Hell, if we look at groups like the GOP in the US for example, probably the most fascistic group in power in the country, they're also about trying to look fashionable/presentable/opulent, because those are ideas fascism strives for.
4. Yep, women and men both equally suck.
5. I'm sorry, "You're the one making sweeping generalizations of an entire planet." isn't an acceptable source, please, try again.
6. I'm in disagreement with both the modern feminist movement as well as the men's rights movement. So you can try to get me on your side all you want but it's not gonna work, greater powers than you from both directions have tried.
Last edited by New haven america on Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The Twilight Embassy
Spokesperson

Founded: May 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twilight Embassy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:29 pm

Galloism wrote:And that's included - we all work on the phone at home. Until last year, we didn't even know what our bosses looked like, and we rarely see each other.

*awkward pause*

ok, cards on the table here; i have no idea what ur occupation is, and even if i did, I've completely forgotten where I was going with this part of the conversation. .-.

we did it, tumblr. We got Galloism to say fuck terfs.

New haven america wrote:1. Well they're not, but I can see how you'd say they are as that point doesn't help your narrative.
2. Well, not every part of the world trains men to be garbage though, as well as the fact that "Garbage" behavior is subjective. For example, a lot of women find men who try to act with more of a provider role (Like wanting to fully pay for dates) as "Garbage" because they're not letting the woman practice her autonomy, while other women find men who are ok with more equal footing (Like only paying 1/2 or not paying at all and letting the woman do it) to be "Garbage" because they're not being real men and providing for them no questions asked.

Like, if you say everywhere trains men to be garbage, then you gotta say the same for women because they also have their own host of destructive and counterintuitive behaviors.
3. This is what we call a strawman, and is usually used when people don't have a good argument or any argument at all against someone's point and is usually a sign of ideological/debate weakness.

Hell, if we look at groups like the GOP in the US for example, probably the most fascistic group in power in the country, they're also about trying to look fashionable/presentable/opulent, because those are ideas fascism loves.
5. I'm sorry, "You're the one making sweeping generalizations of an entire planet." isn't an acceptable source, please, try again.
6. I'm in disagreement with both the modern feminist movement as well as the men's rights movement. So you can try to get me on your side all you want but it's not gonna work, greater powers than you from both directions have tried.

1. "nArRaTiVe" bruh just use "it's a bad take" like the rest of the internet.

2a. not every community, but every culture. There's a difference; the latter is a cult. it's right there in the name.
2b. This one's easy; the women of the second category are simply wrong and their opinions don't matter.
"Like, if you say everywhere trains men to be garbage, then you gotta say the same for women because they also have their own host of destructive and counterintuitive behaviors." They have their own host of destructive and counterproductive behaviors, yes. just not the ones Anti-Feminists cry about.

3a. don't make me google the picture of one person pointing at a bunch of nuanced-sounding buzzwords that were created by the same 10,000ish people to pretend they aren't the same 10,000ish people who walk around with swastikas, followed by the other person dismissing the entire list as "lol gtfo fascist." Either we play by lawyer's rules and have a checklist for whether it's okay to call something fascist that can be easily gamed by fascists by just avoiding the checklisted definitions until they gain power, or we don't have a system and accept that whatever broad-ever-changing definition of fascism we have with will always be "too broad." There is no ostracizing nor getting rid of fascism; there is only keeping it from getting the power it needs to hurt innocent people.
3b. Yeah, well the GOP is also a group whose support base stereo-typically comprises of "rednecks" in wife-beaters covered in hamburger grease, and is currently represented by an old man with sunburn, a bad haircut and eating habits that are somehow worse than mine.

5. Too bad. I'm not wasting my time and energy on a PRATT which you asserted without proof. Any study I cite would be dismissed as biased feminazi crap, and any anecdote would be worthless because people lie on the internet. I've seen this song and dance a million times; you aren't fooling anyone.

6. Not trying to convince you. My aim is making sure people reading this thread don't fall for the tactic Republicans have on the internet where they use TERF propaganda to justify dismissing all modern feminism and therefore convince people not to vote for politicians who are called "feminist" by literally anyone. Example: Who called Hillary Clinton feminist? She called herself feminist, the media called her feminist, her opponents called her feminist, so despite being a DINO when it came to policy and attitude, everyone in the back of their minds still held her responsible for all the "SJW crap" that lying bastards like Sargon flooded the internet with when it came time to vote. A vote for hillary in the general election (and the primary) was a vote for "the SJWs" and #ModernFeminism in pop culture's eyes, even if she had policies that #ModernFeminists didn't actually agree with.
Factbook | AMA/Q&A | Embassy Program | NS Stats/Policies Used Selectively |
This nation is neither dystopian nor utopian; rather, a mix between idealist policy-making with ruthlessly-pragmatic enforcement thereof. "The Order of H Light" is an alt account of mine that plays out as a more straightforward dystopia/false utopia.

However, my IRL political views are admittedly very weird and may intersect with this nation in more ways/less ways then I care to admit.

At War with The Order of Hateful Light.

King of the Incels
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby King of the Incels » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:41 pm

Whelp, I've been here twelve long years. I know what is coming.

Sets up a popcorn stand.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:26 pm

Galloism wrote:And that's included - we all work on the phone at home. Until last year, we didn't even know what our bosses looked like, and we rarely see each other.

*awkward pause*

ok, cards on the table here; i have no idea what ur occupation is, and even if i did, I've completely forgotten where I was going with this part of the conversation. .-.

Tax professional.

I've said fuck terfs for a long while. They share extreme overlap with those protecting female rapists and domestic abusers. Because women first. Even abusers. Always.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:29 pm

Galloism wrote:
*awkward pause*

Tax professional.

What?!

You're not really a Sith?!
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:31 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Galloism wrote:
Tax professional.

What?!

It's pretty much the same thing.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:36 pm

Galloism wrote:
Giovenith wrote:
What?!

Fair enough.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:02 pm

Galloism wrote:
Giovenith wrote:
What?!

Then how come I can't ever get my Tax Professional to speak in absolutes?
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:54 pm

*awkward pause*

1. we did it, tumblr. We got Galloism to say fuck terfs.

New haven america wrote:1. Well they're not, but I can see how you'd say they are as that point doesn't help your narrative.

Hell, if we look at groups like the GOP in the US for example, probably the most fascistic group in power in the country, they're also about trying to look fashionable/presentable/opulent, because those are ideas fascism loves.

1. "nArRaTiVe" bruh just use "it's a bad take" like the rest of the internet.

2. not every community, but every culture. There's a difference; the latter is a cult. it's right there in the name.
3. This one's easy; the women of the second category are simply wrong and their opinions don't matter.
"Like, if you say everywhere trains men to be garbage, then you gotta say the same for women because they also have their own host of destructive and counterintuitive behaviors." They have their own host of destructive and counterproductive behaviors, yes. just not the ones Anti-Feminists cry about.

4. don't make me google the picture of one person pointing at a bunch of nuanced-sounding buzzwords that were created by the same 10,000ish people to pretend they aren't the same 10,000ish people who walk around with swastikas, followed by the other person dismissing the entire list as "lol gtfo fascist." Either we play by lawyer's rules and have a checklist for whether it's okay to call something fascist that can be easily gamed by fascists by just avoiding the checklisted definitions until they gain power, or we don't have a system and accept that whatever broad-ever-changing definition of fascism we have with will always be "too broad." There is no ostracizing nor getting rid of fascism; there is only keeping it from getting the power it needs to hurt innocent people.
Yeah, well the GOP is also a group whose support base stereo-typically comprises of "rednecks" in wife-beaters covered in hamburger grease, and is currently represented by an old man with sunburn, a bad haircut and eating habits that are somehow worse than mine.

5. Too bad. I'm not wasting my time and energy on a PRATT which you asserted without proof. Any study I cite would be dismissed as biased feminazi crap, and any anecdote would be worthless because people lie on the internet. I've seen this song and dance a million times; you aren't fooling anyone.

6. Not trying to convince you. 7. My aim is making sure people reading this thread don't fall for the tactic Republicans have on the internet where they use TERF propaganda to justify dismissing all modern feminism and therefore convince people not to vote for politicians who are called "feminist" by literally anyone. Example: Who called Hillary Clinton feminist? She called herself feminist, the media called her feminist, her opponents called her feminist, so despite being a DINO when it came to policy and attitude, everyone in the back of their minds still held her responsible for all the "SJW crap" that lying bastards like Sargon flooded the internet with when it came time to vote. A vote for hillary in the general election (and the primary) was a vote for "the SJWs" and #ModernFeminism in pop culture's eyes, even if she had policies that #ModernFeminists didn't actually agree with.

1. No
2. Actually, the Latin root word for both Cult and Culture is means to grow, and is a wholly neutral term to describe areas or organizations where groups may possibly gather.
4. Dude, you're one to talk considering you've done nothing but use buzzwords for your entire time on this thread.
5. Well apparently I am fooling you because you currently think that I'm a Republican or at least a right-winger, which is hilarious because I think the Republican party should be outlawed (But that's neither here nor there).

Or maybe you're just fooling yourself by choosing not to learn about what makes the ideologies you hate tick. Knowledge is power after all and by denying yourself this type of knowledge your weakening your argument.
6. lol, I voted for Hillary.
7. You know, instead of just spewing nonsense why don't you go after and actually debate with actual TERFs? I'm sure Chess would be game.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:54 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Galloism wrote:
Tax professional.

What?!

Tax professional, Sith lord, same thing.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

King of the Incels
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby King of the Incels » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:16 pm

New haven america wrote:
Giovenith wrote:
What?!

Tax professional, Sith lord, same thing.

Except Smith are just a reflection of a facet of the star wars universe.

Tax professionals are evil.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:02 am

Neanderthaland wrote:
Galloism wrote:It's pretty much the same thing.

Then how come I can't ever get my Tax Professional to speak in absolutes?

|tax professional|

You're welcome.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:05 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Then how come I can't ever get my Tax Professional to speak in absolutes?

|tax professional|

You're welcome.

:rofl:

Reminds me of :

https://youtu.be/up21mvokyQ4

West Leas Oros 2
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:05 am

King of the Incels wrote:Whelp, I've been here twelve long years. I know what is coming.

Sets up a popcorn stand.

What? You mean on Nationstates? The NS feminism thread? I haven’t seen you before at all, and who were you formerly?
WLO Public News: Outdated Factbooks and other documents in process of major redesign! ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE: <error:not found>
How many South Americans need to be killed by the CIA before you realize socialism is bad?
I like to think I've come a long way since the days of the First WLO.
Conscientious Objector in the “Culture War”

NationStates Leftist Alternative only needs a couple more nations before it can hold its constitutional convention!

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:32 am

This thread reminds me of the responsibility that men have to women in the forms of fatherhood, brotherhood, friendship, courtship, and spousal duties.

There's going to be a day when men successfully accomplish these ends.
Last edited by Sundiata on Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

West Leas Oros 2
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:34 am

Sundiata wrote:This thread reminds me of the responsibility that men have to women in the forms of fatherhood, brotherhood, friendship, courtship, and spousal duties.

Nobody has a responsibility to others any further than giving them basic decency and respect, especially in regards to their rights. At least that’s my take.
WLO Public News: Outdated Factbooks and other documents in process of major redesign! ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE: <error:not found>
How many South Americans need to be killed by the CIA before you realize socialism is bad?
I like to think I've come a long way since the days of the First WLO.
Conscientious Objector in the “Culture War”

NationStates Leftist Alternative only needs a couple more nations before it can hold its constitutional convention!

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:07 am

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:
Sundiata wrote:This thread reminds me of the responsibility that men have to women in the forms of fatherhood, brotherhood, friendship, courtship, and spousal duties.

Nobody has a responsibility to others any further than giving them basic decency and respect, especially in regards to their rights. At least that’s my take.
I also agree that people are at minimum owed basic decency.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Fahran
Forum Moderator

Founded: Nov 13, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Fahran » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:24 am

Galloism wrote:There may be a factor to that, but extreme care for looks is a function of privilege. There's a reason why actors and actresses spend literally insane amounts of money on beauty products and people to apply them. It's not because they're being oppressed, but because privilege begets superior treatment of self.

Essentially, when you have more privilege, you can afford to buy the steak dinner instead of eating off the dollar menu at taco bell, and you start to think like that. Because you feel you deserve it.

Or as L'Oreal puts it - "Because you're worth it."

That's absolutely true when it comes to paying for more specialized products. I do think that our tendency to value women based on their physical appearances to a greater extent that men factors into that as well - which is largely in keeping with the actor-object distinction we've discussed previously and which is perpetrated by both men and women to a significant degree. With regard to similar products set at different prices though, I think it's a corporate strategy meant to take advantage of the fact that women are principal consumers.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General