NATION

PASSWORD

The NationStates Feminist Thread III

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:44 am

Noraika wrote:Yeah, because a lot of the discrepancies that you can point to in society, in which men have additional circumstances (the draft in this case) were born out of the societal sexism towards women, which deliberately limited military service to men. It comes from men in the past self-imposing such things on men, by deliberate exclusion of women. Quite ironic if I do say myself.

And yeah...typically speaking you won't find many looking to expand the draft system. Rather more people, especially those on the more liberal and progressive spectrum of social issues, are concerned with abolishing the draft altogether.

That's only ironic if you aren't paying attention. Society imposes different roles upon the sexes enforced across all levels in different ways, when men are affected by it it's not irony it's a flaw in the popular and wildly over simplistic narrative of "men oppress women."
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Jello Biafra
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jello Biafra » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:18 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Noraika wrote:Yeah, because a lot of the discrepancies that you can point to in society, in which men have additional circumstances (the draft in this case) were born out of the societal sexism towards women, which deliberately limited military service to men. It comes from men in the past self-imposing such things on men, by deliberate exclusion of women. Quite ironic if I do say myself.

And yeah...typically speaking you won't find many looking to expand the draft system. Rather more people, especially those on the more liberal and progressive spectrum of social issues, are concerned with abolishing the draft altogether.

That's only ironic if you aren't paying attention. Society imposes different roles upon the sexes enforced across all levels in different ways, when men are affected by it it's not irony it's a flaw in the popular and wildly over simplistic narrative of "men oppress women."

"Men oppress women, and other men too. Following this, women oppress women, and many men as well."
Last edited by Jello Biafra on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mattopilos II
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:44 pm

Des-Bal wrote:

I think that thinking itself is a flaw. Because, well, that narrative itself was built upon what men did. It wasn't like that narrative never existed then JUST appeared out of thin air.
Anarchist without adjectives, Post-Leftist, Anti-theist, STEM major.
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner
“The victory of a moral ideal is achieved by the same ‘immoral’ means as every victory: force, lies, slander, injustice.” - Nietzsche
“Our duties - are the rights of others over us.” - Nietzsche

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:50 am

Mattopilos II wrote:
I think that thinking itself is a flaw. Because, well, that narrative itself was built upon what men did. It wasn't like that narrative never existed then JUST appeared out of thin air.

The fact that the "patriarchy" is and has been shitting on men means that we need to consider whether the maleness of the patriarchy ever mattered. See, if the problem isn't as simple as "men have power, men hurt women" then ideas focusing men as the problem are liable to change who's doing the shitting but not necessarily who gets shit on or how much, with the handy effect of ascribing blame to those men whose role in society is the persistent receiving of shit. The problem is that we allow society to assign roles and that we participate in their enforcement, it's something men and women both do and it hurts our perceptions of one another as individuals and it denies people opportunities.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:07 am

Des-Bal wrote:
Mattopilos II wrote:

The fact that the "patriarchy" is and has been shitting on men means that we need to consider whether the maleness of the patriarchy ever mattered. See, if the problem isn't as simple as "men have power, men hurt women" then ideas focusing men as the problem are liable to change who's doing the shitting but not necessarily who gets shit on or how much, with the handy effect of ascribing blame to those men whose role in society is the persistent receiving of shit. The problem is that we allow society to assign roles and that we participate in their enforcement, it's something men and women both do and it hurts our perceptions of one another as individuals and it denies people opportunities.

No, the maleness did matter, insofar it was men who were in power. That is pretty much all one needs to draw from that. It is like if in history, women had been the ones in power for almost all tribal groups and later kingdoms and federations. The cases would be flipped, and the name of a idea to explain this phenomenon would be... Matriarchy. However, that is not what anthropology supports, as it supports the opposite time and time again. And funny how you talk of assigning roles to hurt each other,yet are simply trying to spread out the blame in a rather crude manner. Not that simple, bud - civilization didn't teeter to egalitarianism for one reason or another, and that has implications all the way up to now, to the harm of men and women and non-binary.
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner
“The victory of a moral ideal is achieved by the same ‘immoral’ means as every victory: force, lies, slander, injustice.” - Nietzsche

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:49 am

Mattopilos II wrote:
No, the maleness did matter, insofar it was men who were in power. That is pretty much all one needs to draw from that. It is like if in history, women had been the ones in power for almost all tribal groups and later kingdoms and federations. The cases would be flipped, and the name of a idea to explain this phenomenon would be... Matriarchy. However, that is not what anthropology supports, as it supports the opposite time and time again. And funny how you talk of assigning roles to hurt each other,yet are simply trying to spread out the blame in a rather crude manner. Not that simple, bud - civilization didn't teeter to egalitarianism for one reason or another, and that has implications all the way up to now, to the harm of men and women and non-binary.

Which ones? The ones making up the overwhelming bulk of casualties in every conflict in human history? I don't feel like they had all that much power. When the ruling body is made up predominantly of members of group 1 and that body imposes limitations on and causes harm to both group 1 and group 2 suggesting that the problem is group 1's position of power neglects some major issues. That neglect is more pronounced when those limitations and harms are, and must be spread by individuals across all levels of society. It is entirely valid that group 1 and group 2 deserve equal representation but framing the problem as group 1 fucking group 2 can only be the product of someone lying or not paying attention.

Geoagorist Territory
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Geoagorist Territory » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:57 am

You're seriously arguing that men being in armies throughout history proves society has always been matriarchal? Okay.

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:00 am

Geoagorist Territory wrote:You're seriously arguing that men being in armies throughout history proves society has always been matriarchal? Okay.

Seems like it. Man that is a horrible argument.

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:02 am

Des-Bal wrote:
Mattopilos II wrote:

Which ones? The ones making up the overwhelming bulk of casualties in every conflict in human history? I don't feel like they had all that much power. When the ruling body is made up predominantly of members of group 1 and that body imposes limitations on and causes harm to both group 1 and group 2 suggesting that the problem is group 1's position of power neglects some major issues. That neglect is more pronounced when those limitations and harms are, and must be spread by individuals across all levels of society. It is entirely valid that group 1 and group 2 deserve equal representation but framing the problem as group 1 fucking group 2 can only be the product of someone lying or not paying attention.

You just spent a whole paragraph saying "Men fought in wars so thye don't have power!" What a crock of shit. That lacks any form of logic whatsoever. sorry, but if I had a day off, I might be able to list the issues with that argument, but there is far too much for it when I am going to bed soon. Maybe look over what you just said, and realize that men have been in power and fought in wars... STILL HAD POWER. One doesn't exclude the other.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:15 am

Mattopilos II wrote:
You just spent a whole paragraph saying "Men fought in wars so thye don't have power!" What a crock of shit. That lacks any form of logic whatsoever. sorry, but if I had a day off, I might be able to list the issues with that argument, but there is far too much for it when I am going to bed soon. Maybe look over what you just said, and realize that men have been in power and fought in wars... STILL HAD POWER. One doesn't exclude the other.

No I didn't.
Bill the medieval dirt farmer who got drafted and stabbed in a conflict he had no real understanding of, didn't spend his weekends attending the regular meetings of the Patriarchy. You're conflating being in power and looking like the people in power which is a big mistake because people in power will absolutely shit on the people who look like them.

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:22 am

Des-Bal wrote:
Mattopilos II wrote:

No I didn't.
Bill the medieval dirt farmer who got drafted and stabbed in a conflict he had no real understanding of, didn't spend his weekends attending the regular meetings of the Patriarchy. You're conflating being in power and looking like the people in power which is a big mistake because people in power will absolutely shit on the people who look like them.

And Bill's wife is living in royalty, of course. You really aren't making much of an argument as you claim to be. The Patriarchy theory doesn't claim any illuminati like structure exists - it claims a history and structure that is man-centric in almost all cultures, and as such impacts modern life and societal structures. That is a strawman among strawmans. So yeah, I ain't conflating shit. You are.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:27 am

Mattopilos II wrote:And Bill's wife is living in royalty, of course1.You really aren't making much of an argument as you claim to be. The Patriarchy theory doesn't claim any illuminati like structure exists - it claims a history and structure that is man-centric in almost all cultures, and as such impacts modern life and societal structures. That is a strawman among strawmans.2 So yeah, I ain't conflating shit. You are.3

1. This is a strawman.
2. This is accusing me of creating strawmen.
3. This is just saying "No u"

Chestaan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chestaan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:36 pm

Council Communist
TG me if you want to chat, especially about economics, you can never have enough discussions on economics.Especially game theory :)
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.62

Getting the Guillotine

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Chestaan wrote:In India, 17 year old girl and 12 year old boy have sex, boy is charged with sexual offence

Taking victim blaming to a whole new level of fucked up.

Scenarios like that aren't as uncommon as you would think.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:24 pm

Chestaan wrote:In India, 17 year old girl and 12 year old boy have sex, boy is charged with sexual offence

:shock:
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:31 pm

Luminesa wrote:

:shock:

In not sure why this is particularly shocking to you.

This is the place where parliament attempted to amend the rape laws to make the punishment stiffer and make rape gender neutral, and local feminist groups protested so heavily they relented and made them sexist again.

So, charges against a 12 year old boy for sex with a 17 year old girl seems probable and logical given the context. Disgusting sure, but not shocking. Stupid shit like this is the logical result of sexist laws.
Last edited by Galloism on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Jello Biafra
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jello Biafra » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:46 pm

I'm not sure, from the article, what the particular crime he's supposed to have committed was.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Jello Biafra wrote:

I'm not sure, from the article, what the particular crime he's supposed to have committed was.

Well, it looks like he was charged under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act. So that's probably something equivalent to statutory rape, unlawful sexual activity with a minor, or something along those lines.

I don't see the exact specific charge listed, but it's reasonable that's the gist.
Last edited by Galloism on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jello Biafra
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jello Biafra » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Galloism wrote:
Jello Biafra wrote:I'm not sure, from the article, what the particular crime he's supposed to have committed was.

Well, it looks like he was charged under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act. So that's probably something equivalent to statutory rape, unlawful sexual activity with a minor, or something along those lines.

I don't see the exact specific charge listed, but it's reasonable that's the gist.

That does seem to be the implication, in which case it is odd that the 12-year-old would be charged.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:09 pm

Jello Biafra wrote:
Galloism wrote:Well, it looks like he was charged under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act. So that's probably something equivalent to statutory rape, unlawful sexual activity with a minor, or something along those lines.

That does seem to be the implication, in which case it is odd that the 12-year-old would be charged.

Again, given the context, that's not that odd. Keep in mind this is a place where the law was explicitly changed from rape being a gender-specific crime to a gender neutral crime, and, based on feminist backlash in the country, changed back to a gender specific crime amid huge feminist protest.

It's disgusting, certainly, but not odd.
Last edited by Galloism on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:59 am

Des-Bal wrote:
Mattopilos II wrote:And Bill's wife is living in royalty, of course1.You really aren't making much of an argument as you claim to be. The Patriarchy theory doesn't claim any illuminati like structure exists - it claims a history and structure that is man-centric in almost all cultures, and as such impacts modern life and societal structures. That is a strawman among strawmans.2 So yeah, I ain't conflating shit. You are.3

1. This is a strawman.

1. You created a hypothetical, so I added to it. You seemed to imply men has it bad back then... and only men? Just men? I think there is little wrong with that addition.
2. You did strawman it. Most people strawman the use of the term patriarchy, since many people tend to not know what it refers to, and instead act upon a given stigma of it from a popular view.
3. and this post you made is nothing more than a very, very short checklist without much context and content.

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:53 am

Galloism wrote:
Luminesa wrote: :shock:

In not sure why this is particularly shocking to you.

This is the place where parliament attempted to amend the rape laws to make the punishment stiffer and make rape gender neutral, and local feminist groups protested so heavily they relented and made them sexist again.

So, charges against a 12 year old boy for sex with a 17 year old girl seems probable and logical given the context. Disgusting sure, but not shocking. Stupid shit like this is the logical result of sexist laws.

For further reading on the story of India's sexist laws surrounding sexual offenses and feminist lobbying:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 049606.cms
http://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi/onl ... nsK1H.html
https://qz.com/264512/indias-law-should ... raped-too/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Law_(Amendment)_Act,_2013

Specifically regarding this case, we refer to this statute:

http://arpan.org.in/wp-content/uploads/ ... nglish.pdf

The statue has provisions for (II-A) "penetrative sexual assault" and a lesser offense of "sexual assault" (II-C) that includes touching. In principle, the 17 year old probably could be charged under II-C, while the 12 year old probably is being charged under II-A. It is not a gender-neutral law, although II-C does include provisions that would in theory apply to cases with female perpetrators and/or male victims.

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:10 am

Mattopilos II wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:
1. This is a strawman.

1. You created a hypothetical, so I added to it. You seemed to imply men has it bad back then... and only men? Just men? I think there is little wrong with that addition.
2. You did strawman it. Most people strawman the use of the term patriarchy, since many people tend to not know what it refers to, and instead act upon a given stigma of it from a popular view.
3. and this post you made is nothing more than a very, very short checklist without much context and content.

If "many people tend not to know" what "patriarchy" refers to, it is because the term has a variety of mutually inconsistent definitions.
Tahar Joblis wrote:Patriarchy is defined here as a kinship-ordered social structure with strictly defined sex roles in which women are subordinated to men. - Moghadam 1992

Patriarchy is defined as the institutionalized system of male dominance and control over women. - Nes & Iadicola 1989

Patriarchy is defined here in terms of power and ideology: males demonstrably possess superior social, cultural, and economic power in most countries of the world. - Chung 1994

We define patriarchy as a set of social relations with a material base which enables men to dominate women.Cain et al 1979

We can usefully define patriarchy as a set of social relations between men, which have a material base, and which, though hierarchical, establish or create interdependence and solidarity among men that enable them to dominate women. Hartmann 1979

manifestation and institutionalization of male dominance over women and children in the family and the extension of male dominance over women in society in general. - Lerner 1987

Patriarchy is defined by gender difference in property ownership as women are stated as the owners of only 8.7% of all property in Turkey in official statistics (The First Social Work Congress, 2004). Gelbal et al 2008

Patriarchy is defined by Warren (1993) as a conceptual framework characterized by (a) hierarchical thinking in which the status of one group is placed over another, (b) dualistic thinking that reduces reality into oppositional rather than complementary pairs, and (c) logic of domination thinking that supports the status of the dominating group over the subordinated group. [Citation taken from this article, as the original Warren article isn't available through Google Scholar and I don't feel like digging through the library.

Patriarchy is defined as the construction of social and personal relationships according to the law of the father, which makes everything else subservient. - Conn 1993

Patriarchy is defined in this study as a hierarchy of authority that is controlled and dominated by males in which women are subordinated to the role of permanent minors. Knauss 1987

Therefore, gender as a theoretical concept, reveals that patriarchy is defined by male/masculine centered cultural values. Azevedo 2011 [master's thesis, not really an article, but demonstrating what's currently accepted by a particular women's studies department in its graduates]

Mirriam-Webster 2003 defines patriarchy as social organization marked by the supremacy of the father in the clan or family, the legal dependence of wives and children, and the reckoning of descent and inheritance in the male line; broadly, control by men of a disproportionately large share of power, sort of a bet-hedging measure between anthropological use and feminist use of the term. As can be seen fairly clearly, there's a wide variation in feminist definitions of patriarchy. Some are highly specific, some are more vague. We have everything from the anthropological definition and its natural social extension to "interdependence and solidarity" among men, to simple male domination, to "hierarchical dualistic domination" type thinking.

Everything, including pretty much all activity and thought by feminists, falls under one or another definition of patriarchy, if we apply them all together inclusively and without regard. This is why it's necessary to first state that "because patriarchy" is often not a particularly meaningful phrase.

Take the idea that patriarchy is the method by which women are subordinated. By definition, anything which contributes to women's subordination in practice is part of patriarchy, regardless of who did it and why. Did giving women the vote pacify them and lead them to be happy and complacent with their gender role in the thirties, forties, and fifties? Giving the women the vote was an act of patriarchy, then.

Hartman (1979) is particularly representative of the paranoid conspiracy theory version of "patriarchy" that is not uncommon in radical feminist writing. If it's not crystal clear, look at the definition of "solidarity" and then back at Hartman's use of the term.

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:17 am

Tahar Joblis wrote:
Mattopilos II wrote:

If "many people tend not to know" what "patriarchy" refers to, it is because the term has a variety of mutually inconsistent definitions.

I won't deny that. It doesn't help that given it is a term expanded on from feminist theory a lot, different feminists have taken it upon themselves with their biases to give patriarchy some overarching meaning of oppression in some form or another. You might notice I try and tie it to history in the anthropological sense, as to make it a bit more embedded in human society as a whole and not some relatively new idea. Is it perfect? No. Does it lack bias? I would say no, given that tends to be the answer for anything like a theory in the colloquial sense.
So yeah, it has some very broad, overarching implication to it, but what direction it goes in as a concept is very much up in the air. I reject the ones that focus purely on women's struggles and tie it back to the suffering of all as a result of the existence of certain hierarchical systems that have only slowly dyed away.
I will admit it is something that, if they want to be taken seriously, need to make a single, consistent meaning to it. I think what I think it is is better than the truly memey ones, but maybe that is just me.

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:31 am

Mattopilos II wrote:1. You created a hypothetical, so I added to it.
Well, you also added a bit of snark to it. Lets remove that snark and compare shall we.
Mattopilos II wrote:And Bill's wife is living in royalty, of course
So...you're the self-identified intersectionalist, tell us which measures up on the current league table of the oppression olympics progressive stack: a dead white male, or a living white woman. Both with equal backgrounds, equal income. Which is more advantaged?

Most people strawman the use of the term patriarchy, since many people tend to not know what it refers to,
Including most feminists apparently. Juliet Mitchell, Juliet Mitchell, Roberta Hamilton, Heidi Hartmann, Sheila Rowbotham, Friedrich Engels to name a few have all used different definitions or variations on a theme to describe what Patriarchy actually means and whilst you offer one definition, that is by no means the only definition floated around for a incredibly vague principal that has about as much substance as your average boogeyman. If Feminists can't get their act together and actually agree on things then shiting on non-Feminists who might have a definition of their own is a meaningless exercise in utter pointlessness. You might as well call it "snargenflotspik" for all the meaning it has if Feminism can't establish any meaning for it.

EDIT: Annnnd that serves me right for writing a post and leaving it an hour or two before submitting it.
Last edited by Hirota on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General