NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAThread IV: Twixt Scylla & Some Bad Hombres

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Seangoli
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5105
Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:21 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Seangoli wrote:
Oh, you see, the Courts have no place to determine the legality of issues. If the President says so, it's legal.


Apparently, the constitution doesn't matter in cases of due process either, so we can just plant evidence for gun owners to have their guns revoked *nods*


Hey, that's not a bad idea. If it's legal to violate some parts of the constitution, then it should be legal to violate all parts of it whenever you want in the name of "safety".

User avatar
San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24037
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:22 pm

Big Jim P wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Well, do you agree detaining dual citizens, permanent residents, and other visa holders and denying them access to an attorney in direct defiance of a federal court order to halt a travel ban that affects these people because of how hamfisted the measure was? Oh, and let's not forget the kicker: detaining these people without due process is against the 14th amendment's due process clause.



Detaining dual citizens or permanent residents I disagree with. Visas however can be revoked.

Battery is dying. I will re-engage tomorrow.

When someone is in transit or already been approved? No i don't approve of that. Like the Iraqi family whose life is ruined after being pulled off a plane in Egypt and have absolutely nothing? You think that's ok? I sure don't.

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39757
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:23 pm

So where were all the second amendment people when the "don't do anything that could be construed as free speech" stuff was happening?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
Pimps Inc
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9695
Founded: Jul 08, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pimps Inc » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:24 pm

Uxupox wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:He threatened to send troops into Mexico to "fight narco-traffickers". That's it. Trump is an idiot in world politics. It's one idiotic thing to ban people from countries in civil war or that we have military intervention in, but to threaten to invade a regional ally and neighbor?


Mexico has never been an american regional ally.

Not even when they refused to join the Central Powers in WW1, despite having the Port of Tampico and Veracruz ransacked by us and led an expedition into their country? Zimmerman telegram?

Or when they refused to join the Soviets despite their long and rich history with communists and the socialist ideals of their revolution? They even killed hundreds of their university students that were threatening to turn their socialist movement into a real pain for us in the Cold War.

Or when they sent troops into the US for the first time ever, only to help Americans in need after Hurricane Katrina?

Or when they had to face the brunt of a drug war caused by American drug demand and the poverty in Mexico caused by our meddling in their country during the Cold War?
A Border Wall is the Worst Idea, Here's a Better One

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.


No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Waka Flocka Flame 2024

User avatar
Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 85829
Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Big Jim P wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Well, do you agree detaining dual citizens, permanent residents, and other visa holders and denying them access to an attorney in direct defiance of a federal court order to halt a travel ban that affects these people because of how hamfisted the measure was? Oh, and let's not forget the kicker: detaining these people without due process is against the 14th amendment's due process clause.



Detaining dual citizens or permanent residents I disagree with. Visas however can be revoked.

Battery is dying. I will re-engage tomorrow.


Visas cannot be revoked without due process either, because visa holders fall within the jurisdiction of the United States.

The fact that they are not permanent residents or dual citizens doesn't prohibit them of rights as long as they are subject to our jurisdictions and laws for entry to the country.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

User avatar
Pimps Inc
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9695
Founded: Jul 08, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pimps Inc » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Big Jim P wrote:
Gauthier wrote:Get the United States military involved in an actual drug war with the cartels. What Could Possibly Go Wrong?


We did the same thing in Colombia and Panama.

Colombia reached peace with FARC after decades of war but the Drug War is still ongoing and bloody as always.
A Border Wall is the Worst Idea, Here's a Better One

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.


No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Waka Flocka Flame 2024

User avatar
Gauthier
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52887
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Vassenor wrote:So where were all the second amendment people when the "don't do anything that could be construed as free speech" stuff was happening?

Not giving a shit about hippies being denied free speech probably.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

User avatar
Lady Scylla
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15291
Founded: Nov 22, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lady Scylla » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:26 pm

FutureTech RolePlayer
Martian Sovereign Republic

User avatar
Maichuko
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1500
Founded: May 02, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Maichuko » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Apparently Trump was negotiating some sort of refugee deal with Australia. Instead he accused them of trying to export the next Boston bombers Saw no point in honoring a deal Obama made, and treated him like he did the Mexican president. So yay another Close ally he's alienating.
Sometimes were in the world war 2 era, sometimes were in the modern day.
Question:Whats the Empire ever done for me?
Answer:What have you ever done for the Empire?
Long Live the Emperor of all Maichins! May he live 100 years!
(V)(;,,;)(V) woop woop woop woop

User avatar
Lady Scylla
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15291
Founded: Nov 22, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lady Scylla » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:27 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
We did the same thing in Colombia and Panama.

Colombia reached peace with FARC after decades of war but the Drug War is still ongoing and bloody as always.


Awkward moment where Colombia makes more headway than the US.
FutureTech RolePlayer
Martian Sovereign Republic

User avatar
Gauthier
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52887
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:27 pm

Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

User avatar
Pimps Inc
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9695
Founded: Jul 08, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pimps Inc » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:27 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:He threatened to send troops into Mexico to "fight narco-traffickers". That's it. Trump is an idiot in world politics. It's one idiotic thing to ban people from countries in civil war or that we have military intervention in, but to threaten to invade a regional ally and neighbor?

Congress would never approve going to war with Mexico.

He could just say it's to secure the border and stop terrorism from pouring over the border. Which would be ridiculous.
Last edited by Pimps Inc on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Border Wall is the Worst Idea, Here's a Better One

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.


No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Waka Flocka Flame 2024

User avatar
Lady Scylla
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15291
Founded: Nov 22, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lady Scylla » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:28 pm

Gauthier wrote:

What could be the smallest, most painful Australian wildlife they can send to Trump?


Turnbull should just send a picture of a flight of stairs.
FutureTech RolePlayer
Martian Sovereign Republic

User avatar
Uxupox
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13113
Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Uxupox » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:28 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:
Uxupox wrote:
Mexico has never been an american regional ally.

Not even when they refused to join the Central Powers in WW1, despite having the Port of Tampico and Veracruz ransacked by us and led an expedition into their country? Zimmerman telegram?

Or when they refused to join the Soviets despite their long and rich history with communists and the socialist ideals of their revolution? They even killed hundreds of their university students that were threatening to turn their socialist movement into a real pain for us in the Cold War.

Or when they sent troops into the US for the first time ever, only to help Americans in need after Hurricane Katrina?

Or when they had to face the brunt of a drug war caused by American drug demand and the poverty in Mexico caused by our meddling in their country during the Cold War?


Nope.
A state formally cooperating with another for a military or other purpose
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

User avatar
Socialist Nordia
Senator
 
Posts: 4272
Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Socialist Nordia » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:28 pm


Oh god, the madness never ends. He actually said those on a phone call with a foreign leader, and a powerful ally too. Damn it Trump, you're tearing apart our alliance system. You can't do that.
Internationalist Progressive Anarcho-Communist
I guess I'm a girl now.
Science > Your Beliefs
Trump did 11/9, never forget
Free Catalonia
My Political Test Results
A democratic socialist nation located on a small island in the Pacific. We are heavily urbanised, besides our thriving national parks. Our culture is influenced by both Scandinavia and China.
Our Embassy Program

User avatar
Gauthier
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52887
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Lady Scylla wrote:
Gauthier wrote:What could be the smallest, most painful Australian wildlife they can send to Trump?


Turnbull should just send a picture of a flight of stairs.

So a collection of M.C. Escher paintings then?
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

User avatar
Gauthier
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52887
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Socialist Nordia wrote:

Oh god, the madness never ends. He actually said those on a phone call with a foreign leader, and a powerful ally too. Damn it Trump, you're tearing apart our alliance system. You can't do that.

And that'll just make his groupies cheer harder.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

User avatar
Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 85829
Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

User avatar
Pimps Inc
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9695
Founded: Jul 08, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pimps Inc » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:30 pm

Uxupox wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:Not even when they refused to join the Central Powers in WW1, despite having the Port of Tampico and Veracruz ransacked by us and led an expedition into their country? Zimmerman telegram?

Or when they refused to join the Soviets despite their long and rich history with communists and the socialist ideals of their revolution? They even killed hundreds of their university students that were threatening to turn their socialist movement into a real pain for us in the Cold War.

Or when they sent troops into the US for the first time ever, only to help Americans in need after Hurricane Katrina?

Or when they had to face the brunt of a drug war caused by American drug demand and the poverty in Mexico caused by our meddling in their country during the Cold War?


Nope.
A state formally cooperating with another for a military or OTHER PURPOSE

And I would say cooperation in the Drug WAR and the billions of dollars made from selling weapons to them over the years would fall into military cooperation.
Last edited by Pimps Inc on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Border Wall is the Worst Idea, Here's a Better One

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.


No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Waka Flocka Flame 2024

User avatar
The Conez Imperium
Minister
 
Posts: 3053
Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Conez Imperium » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Gauthier wrote:

What could be the smallest, most painful Australian wildlife they can send to Trump?


....WTF
Salut tout le monde, c'est moi !

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39757
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:


I love how Trump's #1 priority is his supporters turning on him and killing him.


Paranoid, thin skinned and with a finger on the nuclear button.

Humanity isn't going to live to see 2020.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 55731
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
Are you talking about violtors of the legal (and precedented) travel ban?


Well, do you agree detaining dual citizens, permanent residents, and other visa holders and denying them access to an attorney in direct defiance of a federal court order to halt a travel ban that affects these people because of how hamfisted the measure was? Oh, and let's not forget the kicker: detaining these people without due process is against the 14th amendment's due process clause.

As a gun owner, Big Jim should be terrified at this development - I am.

We're detaining people based on the possibility that some infinitesimally small number of them might become violent and kill people at some indeterminate future time.

If that doesn't scare gun rights advocates, they're not fucking paying attention. Arguments like this are already being used, and succeeding. You're empowering our own disarmament.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Betoni
Diplomat
 
Posts: 578
Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Betoni » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Uxupox wrote:
Socialist Nordia wrote:There was until 2002, but mutual defence agreements are by no means the single determining factor of whether two nations are "allies".


And ultimately words are wind with no binding clauses that obligates us to help and contribute to each other.


Yes, that is why no legal document actually matter, words are wind after all. Nothing the US agrees upon should be taken seriously, at least not for more than 4 years max, that is what the current US government is shouting to the rest of the world. That has consequences. It is not that the rest of the world cannot adjust to those rules, it is that they are not the norm. I see no reason for other nations to not see the US as a unreliable partner in any deal in the future. You can figure out if that is a good thing for the US for yourself.

User avatar
Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11973
Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:32 pm

For some reason your President seems intent on antagonising Australia. After threatening to scrap the Visa Waiver Program for Australians he has now disrespected our Head of Government in a deeply offensive phone call. Trump forgets the key role Australia plays in safeguarding American foreign policy in the Pacific. If he continues this sort of erratic and offensive behaviour (and more importantly policies) we can expect the impotent Liberal government to collapse. The Labor government that will take its place may well continue to play on a growing anti-American sentiment within the country and expel your troops and revoke many of your privileges.

It should have been one of the most congenial calls for the new commander in chief — a conversation with the leader of Australia, one of America’s staunchest allies, at the end of a triumphant week.

Instead, President Trump blasted Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull over a refu­gee agreement and boasted about the magnitude of his electoral college win, according to senior U.S. officials briefed on the Saturday exchange. Then, 25 minutes into what was expected to be an hour-long call, Trump abruptly ended it.

At one point Trump informed Turnbull that he had spoken with four other world leaders that day — including Russian President Vladi­mir Putin — and that “This was the worst call by far.”


America has been taking Australian loyalty for granted for far too long. While previous governments paid lip service and at least feigned respect, the current administration is acting more and more like an openly imperial power and treating our nation more and more like a vassal state. The silver lining is that for patriots like myself, this provides the opportunity for Australia to regain it's independence once and for all.
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

User avatar
The Conez Imperium
Minister
 
Posts: 3053
Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Conez Imperium » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:32 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:


I love how Trump's #1 priority is his supporters turning on him and killing him.


Huh, I sure hope he loves the backlash when our breakfast media start to talk shit about him.

Perhaps sunrise will have something more entertaining than their cash cow.
Salut tout le monde, c'est moi !

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cannot think of a name, Carstantinopipal, Conserative Morality, Delta Force Alliance Commander, Dresderstan, Greater Arab State, Gun Manufacturers, Hammer Britannia, Hediacrana, Heloin, Ifreann, Internationalist Bastard, Kowani, Mexico-Kebabistan, Minachia, New Bremerton, Northern Davincia, Northern Jackaia, Ors Might, Quelsh, Ralnis, Reverend Norv, Serconas, South Pacific Republic, Speyland, Telconi, The Arks, The Black Legion of Warmaster Abaddon, The Federation of Spokane, The Greater Ohio Valley, The United Lands of Ash, Uiiop, Victorious Decepticons, Western Vale Confederacy, Xize Aer Aneria, Zizou

Advertisement

Remove ads