NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAThread IV: Twixt Scylla & Some Bad Hombres

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

St Salvador
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby St Salvador » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:43 pm

Fox news is claiming that Conservatives are mobilizing to Counter Anti Trump protesters.
In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now.

If the road is easy, the destination is worthless.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

I highly doubt my soul mate is living in Thailand and only a click away.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:43 pm

Sane Outcasts wrote:
Internationalist Bastard wrote:So how goes the war on leaks?

I meant to post this before the press conference, but then it was like looking at a train-wreck...

Anyway, the New York Times is reporting that Trump will try to get an independent review of the intelligence agencies by an investment CEO, Stephen Feinberg.

WASHINGTON — President Trump plans to assign a New York billionaire to lead a broad review of American intelligence agencies, according to administration officials, an effort that members of the intelligence community fear could curtail their independence and reduce the flow of information that contradicts the president’s worldview.

The possible role for Stephen A. Feinberg, a co-founder of Cerberus Capital Management, has met fierce resistance among intelligence officials already on edge because of the criticism the intelligence community has received from Mr. Trump during the campaign and since he became president. On Wednesday, Mr. Trump blamed leaks from the intelligence community for the departure of Michael T. Flynn, his national security adviser, whose resignation he requested.

There has been no announcement of Mr. Feinberg’s job, which would be based in the White House, but he recently told his company’s shareholders that he is in discussions to join the Trump administration. He is a member of Mr. Trump’s economic advisory council.

Fantastic, hope the lead prosecutor will be a democrat with an impeccable anti-corruption record.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:44 pm

St Salvador wrote:Fox news is claiming that Conservatives are mobilizing to Counter Anti Trump protesters.

Watch as there are none.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Corrian wrote:
St Salvador wrote:Fox news is claiming that Conservatives are mobilizing to Counter Anti Trump protesters.

Watch as there are none.

That, or the Trump protesters heavily outnumber the Conservatives.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:47 pm

New haven america wrote:
Corrian wrote:Watch as there are none.

That, or the Trump protesters heavily outnumber the Conservatives.

They're also younger usually.
My Last.FM and RYM

Cattle Mutilators
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cattle Mutilators » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Seangoli wrote:President Trump just held a press conference on the Media and Press;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... 02ad529bb7

In Trump's own words:

WAAAAAAAHHH! THE PRESS IS UNFAIR!!! THEY ARE FAKE!!! BOO-HOO!!!'

Holding a press conference because you think the Press is being unfair to you is the most worthless waste of fucking time and resources imaginable. Bush didn't hold a Press conference every time the Press made fun of him, and Obama didn't either whenever Fox News made a stupid as shit, and ultimately false, claim. Trump is the God-Damn President, and needs to fucking grow up and toughen up.

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

— Harry S. Truman, 33rd President of the United States

Seangoli wrote:Sooner or later his supporters are going to realize they elected a 70-year-old manchild to the highest office in the land, and his constant crying about how the media is unfair to him is only damaging him more than anything. He's a fucking child who has had everybody just give him whatever he wanted for so long, and now that people are calling him out he can't handle it.

See, this is where I differ from you: Trump is the crybaby candidate of a crybaby constituency. I think they'll relate to his petulant whining because when push comes to shove, they're whiners, too.
Last edited by Cattle Mutilators on Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump. It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe.” — Omarosa Manigault, Assistant to the President, Director of Communications for the Office of Public Liaison

Are we great yet?De Blasio 2020!
REMEMBER ATLANTA! REMEMBER SWEDEN! REMEMBER BOWLING GREEN!

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Corrian wrote:
New haven america wrote:That, or the Trump protesters heavily outnumber the Conservatives.

One kid with a MAGA hat and a Trump sign. Cue exclusive FOXNews coverage.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Corrian wrote:
New haven america wrote:That, or the Trump protesters heavily outnumber the Conservatives.

And they seem to have an easier time organizing too.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:52 pm

Ashmoria wrote:heres a transcript of his press conference.

enjoy

http://theslot.jezebel.com/a-full-trans ... 1792449195

At a press conference about his choice for Labour Secretary, he talks about Acosta for eight truncated, Trump sentences and then not once for the rest of the whole fucking thing.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Camicon wrote:

enjoy

At a press conference about his choice for Labour Secretary, he talks about Acosta for eight truncated, Trump sentences and then not once for the rest of the whole fucking thing.

Thin-skinned narcissist. He'd fuck himself if he could clone himself.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

St Salvador
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby St Salvador » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Corrian wrote:

I wonder if he'll tell the crowd to "Knock the crap" out of protesters like he did during the campaign.
In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now.

If the road is easy, the destination is worthless.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

I highly doubt my soul mate is living in Thailand and only a click away.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:55 pm

New haven america wrote:
Corrian wrote:They're also younger usually.

Yup, I mean I've been dissolutioned with big protests ever since Occupy was infiltrated by irrelevant third parties that successfully discredited it from the inside. Now that big business is invested into protests it gives pretty much both parties the ability to from mass protests at will, when there is something to protest of course. We saw it with the tea party, and while there is certainly grass roots movements involved in these aspects, it's not the same as say the Kennedy Era.

Still, Trump seems to be progressing things far more rapidly than I would have imagined. God only knows how effective he will be if he gets a successful pretence to do something.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:55 pm

New haven america wrote:

Probably because they're more likely to know how to use the Internet, too.
My Last.FM and RYM

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Camicon wrote:At a press conference about his choice for Labour Secretary, he talks about Acosta for eight truncated, Trump sentences and then not once for the rest of the whole fucking thing.

That'd mean we technically would have Trump for 16 years. :lol:

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:56 pm

St Salvador wrote:

I wonder if he'll tell the crowd to "Knock the crap" out of protesters like he did during the campaign.

And stoke up "LOCK HER UP" mantras.

Cattle Mutilators
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cattle Mutilators » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Seangoli wrote:The man needs to fucking toughen up. He's a god-damn manchild. Want to know how much attention he should give the Press and their opinion on him? None. Ever. And the fact that he is devoted so much time and effort into something so incredibly pointless is embarrassing for our entire god-damn nation. He needs to grow up, be an adult, accept that some times people are going to be mean to him, and move on.

Donald "Arrested Development" Trump stopped growing up at the age of 8 (except with regards to his sexuality, where he pretty much stopped developing at 15). If he hasn't managed to become an adult in the 62 years since then, it's not ever going to happen.

Last edited by Cattle Mutilators on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump. It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe.” — Omarosa Manigault, Assistant to the President, Director of Communications for the Office of Public Liaison

Are we great yet?De Blasio 2020!
REMEMBER ATLANTA! REMEMBER SWEDEN! REMEMBER BOWLING GREEN!

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Pretty sure this is how the Hat feels right about now.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:09 pm

Guessing CNN will be off meet the press if this continues.

Frank Zipper
Senator

Founded: Nov 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Frank Zipper » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:23 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Camicon wrote:At a press conference about his choice for Labour Secretary, he talks about Acosta for eight truncated, Trump sentences and then not once for the rest of the whole fucking thing.

I kind of assumed Barron was his clone.
Put this in your signature if you are easily led.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:24 pm

enjoy

Can I sue him if I get an aneurysm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ0s0KUUpxo
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:25 pm

Corrian wrote:

And less-armed.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

PaNTuXIa
Senator

Founded: Feb 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby PaNTuXIa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:25 pm

So will there be more protests whenif Trump wins in 2020?
I support Open Borders for Israel.
United Marxist Nations wrote:Anime has ruined my life.

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
PaNTuXIa wrote:>swedish
>conservatism

Islamic nations tend to be right wing.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Frank Zipper wrote:
Gauthier wrote:Thin-skinned narcissist. He'd fuck himself if he could clone himself.

Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Frank Zipper
Senator

Founded: Nov 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Frank Zipper » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:27 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Frank Zipper wrote:

I made you grate again! :)
Put this in your signature if you are easily led.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:30 pm

PaNTuXIa wrote:So will there be more protests whenif Trump wins in 2020?

Yes.

Also, I think it is funny you assume he'll win even though you're disappointed in him last I checked. But it is hard to know since Trump seems to have people support him even when he goes against what they previously supported, so.
My Last.FM and RYM

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General