NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread VIII: McCarthy Was Right

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favourite Right-Wing Revolution/Uprising/Coup?

War In The Vendée, 1793 (France)
7%
Southern Secession, 1860 (USA)
15%
Boxer Rebellion, 1899 (China)
5%
March On Rome, 1922 (Italy)
12%
National Revolution, 1926 (Portugal)
1%
Spanish Nationalist Coup, 1936 (Spain)
13%
May 16 Coup, 1961 (S. Korea)
4%
Chilean Coup, 1973 (Chile)
11%
Autumn Of Nations, 1989 (International)
24%
Other (Please State)
9%

Total votes : 123

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:42 pm

Kravanica wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
At most it should cost 250 billion. Spend the rest drones with hellfires to kill any swimmers or boats. Maybe sharks and lazers. Or make the most out of lava.

You have to go back.

N-No please. I am American I swear! You can't do this to me!
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:45 pm

Sanctissima wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Really? That's funny, because last I checked Canada's exports mostly go to... the US.

If we go down, you go down. I don't like the GOP, but it's Trump I truly despise. Trump has none of the redeeming qualities the traditional (and I mean establishment, evangelical, and small government wings) GOP has, and his stupid bullshit is really fucking damaging with few if any redeeming qualities.

I just want Mike "Electric Fence" Pence in office. I just want someone I can hate and oppose, not despise.

We aren't the ones Trump wants to build a wall against. With all due respect, we're pretty much ignored up here, and that's the way we like it. Even if your economy imploded on itself, you'd still need oil, and we're the cheapest seller, whether it be to a United States or several divided countries of what was once the US (although realistically, that's not going to happen).

The worst Trump is going to do is increase your debt by several trillion dollars, worsen diplomatic relations and fight a war in some random backwater country. It'll just be the same old shit you've been dealing with for the past couple of decades, just with a different flair and a lot more outrage. I don't understand why you people think a Trump presidency is going to usher in some kind of American apocalypse.

Because he has Unpopular OpinionsTM that offend the city dwellers.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:45 pm

Sanctissima wrote:We aren't the ones Trump wants to build a wall against. With all due respect, we're pretty much ignored up here, and that's the way we like it. Even if your economy imploded on itself, you'd still need oil, and we're the cheapest seller, whether it be to a United States or several divided countries of what was once the US (although realistically, that's not going to happen).

The worst Trump is going to do is increase your debt by several trillion dollars, worsen diplomatic relations and fight a war in some random backwater country. It'll just be the same old shit you've been dealing with for the past couple of decades, just with a different flair and a lot more outrage. I don't understand why you people think a Trump presidency is going to usher in some kind of American apocalypse.

Because our allies, you included, apparently, don't seem to realize what an important fucking fixture we are in the world. Our economy crashing was a major contributor to the worldwide recession in '07/08.

But hey, maybe after Trump destroys our international power, makes enemies of half the world, and crashes our economy, maybe then everyone will appreciate the good ol' days of the Pax Americana.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:46 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:Because he has Unpopular OpinionsTM that offend the city dwellers.

Is a dog whistle really a dog whistle if everyone can hear it?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Kravanica
Senator

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Kravanica wrote:Both need to be stopped. Does that satisfy you?

No, because that doesn't address the problem of the wall being a borderline (ha) useless expense, which is my point.

There were plenty of GOP candidates who wanted to 'secure the border' without funding a little golden shower for all their buddies in construction.

I'm pretty sure legislation was passed decades ago for a border barrier. Just is just giving it funding via executive order.

How is it useless?
The Kravanican Realm (PMT)
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
My nation does not represent my RL views

American and Jewish
Conservatarian with various "right-wing" leanings

Nekoyama
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekoyama » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Kravanica wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
At most it should cost 250 billion. Spend the rest drones with hellfires to kill any swimmers or boats. Maybe sharks and lazers. Or make the most out of lava.

You have to go back.

He can live with the Danish in Denmark.

Kravanica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:Because he has Unpopular OpinionsTM that offend the city dwellers.

Is a dog whistle really a dog whistle if everyone can hear it?

TIL facts are dog whistles

Wew

American and Jewish

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Sanctissima wrote:We aren't the ones Trump wants to build a wall against. With all due respect, we're pretty much ignored up here, and that's the way we like it. Even if your economy imploded on itself, you'd still need oil, and we're the cheapest seller, whether it be to a United States or several divided countries of what was once the US (although realistically, that's not going to happen).

Because our allies, you included, apparently, don't seem to realize what an important fucking fixture we are in the world. Our economy crashing was a major contributor to the worldwide recession in '07/08.

But hey, maybe after Trump destroys our international power, makes enemies of half the world, and crashes our economy, maybe then everyone will appreciate the good ol' days of the Pax Americana.

Most of the world is pretty trash tbh. We should used the money we've sending over in currency swaps to prop up the Euros and used it to develop Africa or pay for new power grid. 8 years on and they still can't fix themselves.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Kravanica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:48 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Kravanica wrote:You have to go back.

N-No please. I am American I swear! You can't do this to me!

Other side of the wall for you, friend.

American and Jewish

Sanctissima
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctissima » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Sanctissima wrote:That's more of a reason to actually keep track of people in-country with visas than anything.

Which has nothing to do with building walls! It's a pointless expense and a recurring one at that to fund a bit of good old fashioned corporate cronyism. It has no other purpose, except perhaps to rile up people who don't understand how travel in the 21st century works.
In terms of the rest, presumably building a wall would also involve increased patrols and border security, so smuggling via watercraft would be a non-issue.

"Presumably this huge expense will also include significant added expenses"

To what end? Are we going to double the size of the coast guard? Engage in constant countertunneling efforts all along the southern border?

I'm not opposed to 'securing the border', I'm opposed to methods that are pants-on-head retarded in terms of cost-effectiveness.
Tunnels and hidden passengers/drugs during legal crossings would admittedly still be an issue, but drug mules, cross-border violence and other such issues would be a thing of the past.

Really? Is that really what you think?

Shit, walls didn't do that in the fucking Middle Ages when scaling one was an actual difficult task. Hidden passengers aren't going to be scared away by the presence of a wall - they're already coming in on a fucking road with a border stop.

Not saying it's cost-effective, but it's a fucking wall, drug mules in the traditional sense are not getting over it because they're poor-as-shit village people who walk across the border. Unless the cartels are going to start hiring professionals with grappling guns and spec. ops suits, fuck-all is coming over them. Admittedly, there will still be people and drugs being smuggled in via legal entry points, but at least you won't have people literally walking across the borderline.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:49 pm

Nekoyama wrote:
Kravanica wrote:You have to go back.

He can live with the Danish in Denmark.

There are no Danish in Denmark though :^)

I'd rather be deported to Venuzula tbh. It's just like home in IL. Totally corrupt government and tottering economy with rampant crime.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:49 pm

Kravanica wrote:I'm pretty sure legislation was passed decades ago for a border barrier. Just is just giving it funding via executive order.

How is it useless?

>> 45% of illegal immigration comes from Visa overstays
>> a wall is a huge expense and inconvenience
>> of illegal crossings, overland crossings are one of the smallest sources of illegal immigration

How is that not useless? This is like quarantining Arizona because the bubonic plague still pops up in the Midwest.

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:51 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:So like....
Is one trillion enough for a 20 mile wide moat on the border, I ask for a friend.

Kravanica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:51 pm

Kravanica wrote:I'm pretty sure legislation was passed decades ago for a border barrier. Just is just giving it funding via executive order.

How is it useless?

>> 45% of illegal immigration comes from Visa overstays
>> a wall is a huge expense and inconvenience
>> of illegal crossings, overland crossings are one of the smallest sources of illegal immigration

How is that not useless? This is like quarantining Arizona because the bubonic plague still pops up in the Midwest.

Compared to all the money the government pisses away on other ventures, 12 billion on a wall isn't useless.

American and Jewish

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:54 pm

Kravanica wrote:TIL facts are dog whistles

Wew

Only 'alternative facts'. Have fun with those. Maybe you can earn 'alternative money' and get 'alternative medicine' too. Tell me how that works out for you.
The East Marches wrote:Most of the world is pretty trash tbh. We should used the money we've sending over in currency swaps to prop up the Euros and used it to develop Africa or pay for new power grid. 8 years on and they still can't fix themselves.

Right, but the more trash the world gets, the harder it is to fix ourselves.
Sanctissima wrote:Not saying it's cost-effective, but it's a fucking wall, drug mules in the traditional sense are not getting over it because they're poor-as-shit village people who walk across the border. Unless the cartels are going to start hiring professionals with grappling guns and spec. ops suits, fuck-all is coming over them. Admittedly, there will still be people and drugs being smuggled in via legal entry points, but at least you won't have people literally walking across the borderline.

It's not as simple as people 'literally walking' across the border. You do realize that most of our unsecured border isn't exactly easily traversable? And FFS, drug mules makes literal thousands per person when transporting people across the border. Mexico isn't some 1920s caricature of men in Sombreros living in thatched huts practicing subsistence agriculture. It's literally more prosperous per person than China.

Kravanica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Kravanica wrote:TIL facts are dog whistles

Wew

Only 'alternative facts'. Have fun with those. Maybe you can earn 'alternative money' and get 'alternative medicine' too. Tell me how that works out for you.
The East Marches wrote:Most of the world is pretty trash tbh. We should used the money we've sending over in currency swaps to prop up the Euros and used it to develop Africa or pay for new power grid. 8 years on and they still can't fix themselves.

Sanctissima wrote:Not saying it's cost-effective, but it's a fucking wall, drug mules in the traditional sense are not getting over it because they're poor-as-shit village people who walk across the border. Unless the cartels are going to start hiring professionals with grappling guns and spec. ops suits, fuck-all is coming over them. Admittedly, there will still be people and drugs being smuggled in via legal entry points, but at least you won't have people literally walking across the borderline.

It's not as simple as people 'literally walking' across the border. You do realize that most of our unsecured border isn't exactly easily traversable? And FFS, drug mules makes literal thousands per person when transporting people across the border. Mexico isn't some 1920s caricature of men in Sombreros living in thatched huts practicing subsistence agriculture. It's literally more prosperous per person than China.

Mmkay.

American and Jewish

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:57 pm

We seize Europe for the unpaid WW1 debts and govern it ourselves. Ez pz. They get treated like Puerto Rico. I'm not seeing a solution to the Eurozone crisis fucking 10 years on now. It's an endless money pit.
Last edited by The East Marches on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:58 pm

Kravanica wrote:Mmkay.

The very first link purporting to show the relevant data in that article is broken and its claims contradict reality.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:00 pm

The East Marches wrote:We seize Europe for the unpaid WW1 debts and govern it ourselves. Ez pz. They get treated like Puerto Rico. I'm not seeing a solution to the Eurozone crisis fucking 10 years on now. It's an endless money pit.

If I thought we weren't going to crash ourselves within the next four years, I'd be all for that. As it stands, I'd like to not sell out half of Europe to Russia.

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:02 pm

Sanctissima wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Hey, guess what a country can do to threaten another in retaliation for negative policies pursued towards its prosperity?

Export their issues.

I know, it's a pretty complex idea. :roll:

They're doing that already, and they aren't even trying. The Mexican government has very little control over the cartels.

I'm sorry, but no, Mexico has fuck-all in terms of leverage over the US. There's third-world desert backwaters that have more leverage than Mexico does.

Mexico's new left wing party which is suppose to win in 2018, wants to clean house. They say its the other way around, the cartels have control of the government via corrupt politicians.

Found out the UK. and Mexico, because of the Brexit, are looking to have a FTA. The UK. wanted to possibly join NAFTA but it seems NAFTA will no longer be in place in a few weeks since Canada is going its own way when it comes to renegotiating with the US thus leaving Mexico to go its own way. Most Mexicans prefer getting closer to the EU. then China. The current Mexican Pres. wants to get closer to China.
Last edited by Rio Cana on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Itoshiki
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Itoshiki » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:02 pm

Sanctissima wrote:A wall would solve the problems coming from Mexico because it's a big-ass wall. It is the ultimate trump card against illegal immigration, and anyone in their right mind can see how it would be effective.

Oh sweet Jesus save me.

Tell me when your wall stops visa overstays, the most common method of illegal immigration. But no, that's too subtle a problem. Much better to pretend that border hopping and not smuggling via watercraft, hiding during legal crossings, or tunnels is the preferred method of choice for illegal immigration.

That's not what the wall is for.

The wall will be built to appease certain sectors of Trump's voters and boost his personal rating and prestige, not to solve any real problem. Backtracking on his promise would be politically disastrous, and guaranteed to be continuously highlighted by his political opponents in the oncoming elections. He can't have that, oh no! Instead he would drain the budget for fancy, useless things, which will be treated more forgivingly by plebs because there are alternative-facts that this actually works! It's easier to lie about something that actually exists, after all. The same with freezing on refugees and immigration restrictions.
Last edited by Itoshiki on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberal Conservative
...and many more self-contrarianism!

Economic Left/Right: 1.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.36

Islamic Government wrote:
Itoshiki wrote:You're not really saying much about Yazidi and Christian girls raped by the mujahids, either. I ask you again: do you approve of IS' practice of sex slavery or not?

Yes, I approve.

IRL anime best girl shitposter.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:05 pm

The East Marches wrote:We seize Europe for the unpaid WW1 debts and govern it ourselves. Ez pz. They get treated like Puerto Rico. I'm not seeing a solution to the Eurozone crisis fucking 10 years on now. It's an endless money pit.

If I thought we weren't going to crash ourselves within the next four years, I'd be all for that. As it stands, I'd like to not sell out half of Europe to Russia.

M8 it's just a money pit though, you gotta cut your losses after a certain point. If the Europeans could govern themselves they wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:06 pm

Itoshiki wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:...

Oh sweet Jesus save me.

Tell me when your wall stops visa overstays, the most common method of illegal immigration. But no, that's too subtle a problem. Much better to pretend that border hopping and not smuggling via watercraft, hiding during legal crossings, or tunnels is the preferred method of choice for illegal immigration.

That's not what the wall is for.

The wall will be built to appease certain sectors of Trump's voters and boost his personal rating and prestige, not to solve any real problem. Backtracking on his promise would be politically disastrous, and guaranteed to be continuously highlighted by his political opponents in the oncoming elections. He can't have that, oh no! Instead he would drain the budget for fancy, useless things, which will be treated more forgivingly by plebs because there are alternative-facts that this actually works! It's easier to lie about something that actually exists, after all. The same with freezing on refugees and immigration restrictions.

Like I said in another thread, he could just put a toll on anyone that crosses the border to pay for that wall.

From last year -
A million people will cross the Mexican-U.S. border legally today in both directions
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Kravanica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Kravanica wrote:Mmkay.

The very first link purporting to show the relevant data in that article is broken and its claims contradict reality.

Mmkay. In 2014 90% of blacks were killed by other blacks.

You are correct on the black on white crime. Most whites are generally killed by other whites.

American and Jewish

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:08 pm

The East Marches wrote:M8 it's just a money pit though, you gotta cut your losses after a certain point. If the Europeans could govern themselves they wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

If I thought Russia wasn't our #1 geopolitical enemy again, I'd agree. As it stands, I'm under the 'don't give your enemy any advantages' school of thought. The US is unfairly subsidizing Europe, but the US and Europe are stronger together. I'd rather not see the Eurasian Union be the next big thing in international politics.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General