NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread VIII: McCarthy Was Right

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favourite Right-Wing Revolution/Uprising/Coup?

War In The Vendée, 1793 (France)
7%
Southern Secession, 1860 (USA)
15%
Boxer Rebellion, 1899 (China)
5%
March On Rome, 1922 (Italy)
12%
National Revolution, 1926 (Portugal)
1%
Spanish Nationalist Coup, 1936 (Spain)
13%
May 16 Coup, 1961 (S. Korea)
4%
Chilean Coup, 1973 (Chile)
11%
Autumn Of Nations, 1989 (International)
24%
Other (Please State)
9%

Total votes : 123

Venerable Bede
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Venerable Bede » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:24 pm

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
Mattopilos wrote:
Difference is that the fetus isn't sentient, nor can it show signs of wanting to live nor die. A child could and can.

Regardless, UMN thinks they have a soul nonetheless.

They objectively do, "soul" and "life" are simply two translations of the same word, Biblically. In both Greek and Hebrew.
Last edited by Venerable Bede on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orthodox Christian
The Path to Salvation
The Way of a Pilgrim
Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age
The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth. (Ecclesiastes 7:4)
A sacrifice to God is a brokenspirit; a broken and humbled heart God will not despise. (Psalm 50:19--Orthodox, Protestant 51:19)
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. (2 Corinthians 7:10)
And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me. And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? (Luke 12:13-14)

Venerable Bede
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Venerable Bede » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:51 pm

Orthodox Christian
The Path to Salvation
The Way of a Pilgrim
Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age
The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth. (Ecclesiastes 7:4)
A sacrifice to God is a brokenspirit; a broken and humbled heart God will not despise. (Psalm 50:19--Orthodox, Protestant 51:19)
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. (2 Corinthians 7:10)
And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me. And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? (Luke 12:13-14)

SMS Graf Zeppelin
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby SMS Graf Zeppelin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:11 pm

Austrasien wrote:The Emperor Protects!

U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to sign several executive orders on Wednesday restricting immigration from Syria and six other Middle Eastern or African countries, according to several congressional aides and immigration experts briefed on the matter.

In addition to Syria, Trump's orders are expected to temporarily restrict access to the United States for most refugees. Another order will block visas from being issued to Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen, said the aides and experts, who asked not to be identified.

Trump's restrictions on refugees are likely to include a multi-month ban on admissions from all countries until the State Department and the Department of Homeland Security can increase the intensity of the vetting process.

Common sense about to come flooding back in to immigration policy.

Make

America

Safe

Again

Mattopilos
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:25 pm

America is already pretty damn safe... I mean, other than from themselves, and maybe not integrating African Americans, but that has less to do with immigration policy and more domestic policies.
"From each according to their ability, to each according to their needs"
Dialectic egoist/Communist Egoist, Post-left anarchist, moral nihilist, Intersectional Anarcha-feminist.
my political compass:Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.23

Pros:Anarchy, Communism (not that of Stalin or Mao), abortion rights, LGBTI rights, secularism i.e. SOCAS, Agnostic atheism, free speech (within reason), science, most dark humor, dialectic egoism, anarcha-feminism.
Cons: Capitalism, Free market, Gnostic atheism and theism, the far right, intolerance of any kind, dictatorships, pseudoscience and snake-oil peddling, imperialism and overuse of military, liberalism, radical and liberal feminism

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:37 pm

Mattopilos wrote:America is already pretty damn safe... I mean, other than from themselves, and maybe not integrating African Americans, but that has less to do with immigration policy and more domestic policies.

>letting wahhabis that our own muslims don't want because ideology

Nah fam that's retarded
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Mattopilos
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:46 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Mattopilos wrote:America is already pretty damn safe... I mean, other than from themselves, and maybe not integrating African Americans, but that has less to do with immigration policy and more domestic policies.

Nah fam that's retarded

You managed to do well with integration so far... I mean, compared to the shithole that Europe is. If the idea is to slow immigration down, I don't see that as harmful. I am talking if this is full-on "No one enters" crap.
Dialectic egoist/Communist Egoist, Post-left anarchist, moral nihilist, Intersectional Anarcha-feminist.

Pros:Anarchy, Communism (not that of Stalin or Mao), abortion rights, LGBTI rights, secularism i.e. SOCAS, Agnostic atheism, free speech (within reason), science, most dark humor, dialectic egoism, anarcha-feminism.
Cons: Capitalism, Free market, Gnostic atheism and theism, the far right, intolerance of any kind, dictatorships, pseudoscience and snake-oil peddling, imperialism and overuse of military, liberalism, radical and liberal feminism

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:50 pm

Mattopilos wrote:
The East Marches wrote:

Nah fam that's retarded

You managed to do well with integration so far... I mean, compared to the shithole that Europe is. If the idea is to slow immigration down, I don't see that as harmful. I am talking if this is full-on "No one enters" crap.

Why not? What is so wrong about it? Last I heard we are still taking Naru types after 2 interviews and a year for a background check. Not only that but we have gotta be safe with the Syrian war winding down. We don't want Assad's ash and trash.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:55 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Mattopilos wrote:

Why not? What is so wrong about it? Last I heard we are still taking Naru types after 2 interviews and a year for a background check. Not only that but we have gotta be safe with the Syrian war winding down. We don't want Assad's ash and trash.

I thought Assad would be busy making sure they all got jobs killing rebel sympathizers. And what's "Naru types" refer to?
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:58 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:
The East Marches wrote:

I thought Assad would be busy making sure they all got jobs killing rebel sympathizers. And what's "Naru types" refer to?

We are taking legit refugees off the hands of the Australians and their detention island of doom. Nah, Assad will kick and let the West deal with all his undesirables in the name of refugees. It's how you get rid of criminal elements or fighters you don't want to spend money rehabilitating. It's passing on the cost the West. Effectively making us demobilize many a young former soldier. That is a complicated process in and of itself.

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:02 pm

The East Marches wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:I thought Assad would be busy making sure they all got jobs killing rebel sympathizers. And what's "Naru types" refer to?

We are taking legit refugees off the hands of the Australians and their detention island of doom. Nah, Assad will kick and let the West deal with all his undesirables in the name of refugees. It's how you get rid of criminal elements or fighters you don't want to spend money rehabilitating. It's passing on the cost the West. Effectively making us demobilize many a young former soldier. That is a complicated process in and of itself.

Well, hopefully we don't take in wahhabists from there. As for Assad, I'm outraged that he's going to pull that. For Syria, the EU should just pull an about-face and have them all banned for seven months or something just to spite him.
e: I don't know much about demobilization but given that we passed an important law to handle it after World War II I can believe it's important.
Last edited by The United Colonies of Earth on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

HokusPOTUS
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby HokusPOTUS » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Was there any surprise when after the inauguration, Anti-Fa started breaking peoples stuff after Falcon punching Sean Spencer?
Formerly TriStates,
Formerly-Formerly United German Citizens

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:08 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:
The East Marches wrote:

Well, hopefully we don't take in wahhabists from there. As for Assad, I'm outraged that he's going to pull that. For Syria, the EU should just pull an about-face and have them all banned for seven months or something just to spite him.
e: I don't know much about demobilization but given that we passed an important law to handle it after World War II I can believe it's important.

Demobilizing men after a major conflict is tough if they werent professional soldiers. Done wrong, you get lots of bitter young men with a grudge going home well armed and no job to look towards (ex Germany WW1). Doing this for foreigners whose psychological is probably all kinds of jacked up is not something that we ought to be doing. I don't know much about mass demobilization myself. I only know the consquences of what happens if you fuck it up and how seriously, as you do, we took it in the states. Taking women and children blah blah we can do that in some number once processed. Taking in a 100,000 young military age men in a batch of say 250,000 is not economically fesible for us to do.

Mattopilos
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:34 pm

HokusPOTUS wrote:Was there any surprise when after the inauguration, Anti-Fa started breaking peoples stuff after Falcon punching Sean Spencer?

They tend to do that, so no duh. And I think you refer more to Black Bloc in general, since Antifa tends to work on more local projects... and punching Nazis.

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:36 pm

The East Marches wrote:We are taking legit refugees off the hands of the Australians and their detention island of doom.

Whats this about Naru? If I may ask so.
Last edited by FelrikTheDeleted on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mattopilos
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:37 pm

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
The East Marches wrote:We are taking legit refugees off the hands of the Australians and their detention island of doom.

Whats this about Naru?

That we Aussies love dumping crap on other countries. We are good at that :^)

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:39 pm

Mattopilos wrote:
FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Whats this about Naru?

The United States Of America, by their own volitional, chose to take the refugees; whatever woe they receive is of their own doing I believe.
Last edited by FelrikTheDeleted on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:42 pm

Mattopilos wrote:
FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Whats this about Naru?

Time for a shrimp on the barbie and a fosters lager!

Bastards!
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Mattopilos
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:43 pm

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Mattopilos wrote:

They chose to take them; it is of their own doing.

Yeah, mostly due to the fact a much larger country such as ours didn't decide to.

Mattopilos
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:44 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Mattopilos wrote:

Time for a shrimp on the barbie and a fosters lager!

Bastards!

That be all tomorrow for me! :^)

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:47 pm

Mattopilos wrote:
FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
They chose to take them; it is of their own doing.

Yeah, mostly due to the fact a much larger country such as ours didn't decide to.

Which is completely justified. It is the preferred option for myself.
Last edited by FelrikTheDeleted on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mattopilos
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:49 pm

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Mattopilos wrote:

I.e. best fuck up the small countries.

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:57 pm

Mattopilos wrote:
FelrikTheDeleted wrote:

The smaller country in question (Papua New Guinea) was in agreeance with taking and detaining the refugees; if they haven't then their would have been an uproar among the Oceanic island nations, to my knowledge no such uproar took place. Let us not pretend in the fact that Papua New Guinea isn't already "fucked up".

Mattopilos
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:00 pm

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Mattopilos wrote:

The smaller country in question (Papua New Guinea) was in agreeance with taking and detaining the refugees; if they haven't then their would have been an uproar among the Oceanic island nations, to my knowledge no such uproar took place. Let us not pretend in the fact that Papua New Guinea isn't already "fucked up".

Yeah, it fucked up gewd... we are pretty much the only, ahem, "Good" functioning nation in Oceania. I simply don't think it was the best idea. Honestly I would think spreading it out as much as possible, allowing for the processing of the max amount of refugees without overwhelming the system. I have a feeling logistics for that would be more complicated, but far more effective than "Your problem now :^)".

HokusPOTUS
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby HokusPOTUS » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:00 pm

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Mattopilos wrote:

Then the solution shouldn't be fuck it up more.
Formerly TriStates,
Formerly-Formerly United German Citizens

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:08 pm

Mattopilos wrote:Yeah, it fucked up gewd... we are pretty much the only, ahem, "Good" functioning nation in Oceania. [...]

New Zealand being the only other nation within Oceania in which one could consider "Unfucked".

Mattopilos wrote:[...] Honestly I would think spreading it out as much as possible, allowing for the processing of the max amount of refugees without overwhelming the system. [...]

Perhaps you are correct. Unfortunately "refugees" (A term I use lightly considering the amount of economic immigrants that mix in with the actual refugees) aren't a popular group of people as of the current date.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General