NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread VIII: McCarthy Was Right

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favourite Right-Wing Revolution/Uprising/Coup?

War In The Vendée, 1793 (France)
7%
Southern Secession, 1860 (USA)
15%
Boxer Rebellion, 1899 (China)
5%
March On Rome, 1922 (Italy)
12%
National Revolution, 1926 (Portugal)
1%
Spanish Nationalist Coup, 1936 (Spain)
13%
May 16 Coup, 1961 (S. Korea)
4%
Chilean Coup, 1973 (Chile)
11%
Autumn Of Nations, 1989 (International)
24%
Other (Please State)
9%

Total votes : 123

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:47 pm

New Werpland wrote:
Jute wrote:India is held together by its democratic institutions, a bit similar to the US which is also essentially (at least) two very different cultures in one country, not counting the native ones. That's called civic nationalism.

I think that's more like constitutional patriotism.

We missed you Werpland, where have you been since the Trump win? I expected you to even make a thread on the top 10 anime betrayal of the MHP in the upcoming constitutional change.

New Werpland
Senator

Founded: Dec 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:51 pm

Jute wrote:
New Werpland wrote:I think that's more like constitutional patriotism.

I literally mentioned that term in another post. I think nationalism is what founded it, but patriotism holds it together.

I lean more toward nationalism in America's case. We have a loose culture for sure, but values do seem to matter quite a bit. Constitutional patriotism is exclusively focused on pride in democratic institutions no?
Last edited by New Werpland on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:54 pm

New Werpland wrote:
Jute wrote:I literally mentioned that term in another post. I think nationalism is what founded it, but patriotism holds it together.

I lean more toward nationalism in America's case. We have a loose, but unifying culture for sure. Constitutional patriotism is exclusively focused on pride in democratic institutions though no?

Sure, I wasn't saying India and America are the same here. I mentioned that there are shared values, traditions and such that go beyond that in the US. So it's leaning more towards cultural nationalism than India.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

New Werpland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:54 pm

The East Marches II wrote:
New Werpland wrote:I think that's more like constitutional patriotism.

We missed you Werpland, where have you been since the Trump win? I expected you to even make a thread on the top 10 anime betrayal of the MHP in the upcoming constitutional change.

I have been around actually.

Well it's their fault for keeping Bahçeli, don't see how it matters that much.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:56 pm

New Werpland wrote:

I have been around actually.

You've not been around here </3

I thought the MHP is on board with it and their leadership is for the changes. He stabbed everybody in the back for a rumored political deal?

New Werpland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:02 pm

New Werpland wrote:I have been around actually.

I thought the MHP is on board with it and their leadership is for the changes. He stabbed everybody in the back for a rumored political deal?

I have through my puppets once or twice.

Haven't been following Turkish politics so closely these days, but that sounds correct yes. I've been more disappointed with my Georgian "homeland" for fucking up their parliament again.
Last edited by New Werpland on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:05 pm

New Werpland wrote:

Through my puppets I have once or twice.

Haven't been following Turkish politics so closely these days, but that sounds correct yes. I've been more disappointed with my Georgian homeland for fucking up their parliament again.

What happened in Georgia?
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

New Werpland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Jute wrote:
New Werpland wrote:Through my puppets I have once or twice.

Haven't been following Turkish politics so closely these days, but that sounds correct yes. I've been more disappointed with my Georgian homeland for fucking up their parliament again.

What happened in Georgia?

They gave the lolz party a supermajority and then the opposition splintered because its base wanted to remain as a cult to the former president.

The hope is that Erdogan continues to assert himself in the Caucasus, otherwise Russia will try something.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:08 pm

New Werpland wrote:

I have through my puppets once or twice.

That sounds par for the course then. What happened with that situation?

New Werpland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:12 pm

New Werpland wrote:I have through my puppets once or twice.

That sounds par for the course then. What happened with that situation?

A shitty country returning to its natural habitat.

Questers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:57 pm

United Muscovite Nations wrote:I wouldn't say the US has two very different cultures. I've never met an American that has a different culture than me.

I don't share the same culture as you thankfully. You are a Russian in my country!
You have to watch out for that subversion m8.
Restore the Crown

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:18 pm

Mikelheim wrote:What does RWDT think of legalizing recreational marijuana?

I'm alright with it, it's a safer alternative to something we can't get rid of, plus we can tax it.

Ban Pho wrote:

Bad idea. This is just my personal view of it as I'm anti-drugs.

>a fucking tan swede
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:23 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:

I'm alright with it, it's a safer alternative to something we can't get rid of, plus we can tax it.

I agree. While I'll never use it, or any other drug except for alcohol, it's not that bad. Though I'm not sure what the other thing you think marijuana is a safer alternative to but I do have some ideas and I'm not to happy about them if that's the case.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Questers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:24 pm

I am against legalising drugs.
Restore the Crown

Venerable Bede
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Venerable Bede » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Venerable Bede wrote:Duty, then?

Both concepts we've tried to explain were violated when the Orthodox church sold out its own under the Bolsheviks :^)

In all seriousness, you should listen to this, TEM: http://www.ancientfaith.com/podcasts/mo ... reflection
Orthodox Christian
The Path to Salvation
The Way of a Pilgrim
Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age
The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth. (Ecclesiastes 7:4)
A sacrifice to God is a brokenspirit; a broken and humbled heart God will not despise. (Psalm 50:19--Orthodox, Protestant 51:19)
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. (2 Corinthians 7:10)
And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me. And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? (Luke 12:13-14)

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:32 pm

I am for legalization. You can tax it. It's money that comes to your coffers. Why would you NOT do it?

But then, I realize I am a capitalist who thinks money is all that matters in such a system, and I don't care where it comes from as long as it's money on someone's pocket, preferably mine.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:

I am for legalization. You can tax it. It's money that comes to your coffers. Why would you NOT do it?

But then, I realize I am a capitalist who thinks money is all that matters in such a system, and I don't care where it comes from as long as it's money on someone's pocket, preferably mine.

^ basically this. As long as the users don't use the State health service, please be allowed to drug yourself as much as you want. I also find pathetic the way inoffensive drugs such as khat and weed (both do less harm than alcohol and tobacco, and can even be used for medicine) getting widespread banned, specially the former.
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:

I agree. While I'll never use it, or any other drug except for alcohol, it's not that bad. Though I'm not sure what the other thing you think marijuana is a safer alternative to but I do have some ideas and I'm not to happy about them if that's the case.

Krokodil is a good example.

Questers wrote:I am against legalising drugs.

Me either, but we should stop sending users to jail.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:48 pm

"This drug will ruin your life" says the cop, right before ruining your life by sending you to prison.
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

Victoriala II
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala II » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:53 pm

The Liberated Territories wrote:"This drug will ruin your life" says the cop, right before ruining your life by sending you to prison.

>not shooting them on sight for some reason

mabuhay ang pilipinas

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:54 pm

All of them or just some of them?

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:55 pm

For it, even though I am personally against marijuana usage myself.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:55 pm

Victoriala II wrote:
The Liberated Territories wrote:"This drug will ruin your life" says the cop, right before ruining your life by sending you to prison.

>not shooting them on sight for some reason

mabuhay ang pilipinas

Mmm, Du30 pill.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Wulfenia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wulfenia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:02 pm

I'd support decriminalization but not legalization. Would prefer to gradually get rid of drugs & alcohol as a whole rather than permitting them.
P2TM's favorite Fascist catgirl
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:It's called being a reactionary. No wonder you're unpopular.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:41 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I agree. While I'll never use it, or any other drug except for alcohol, it's not that bad. Though I'm not sure what the other thing you think marijuana is a safer alternative to but I do have some ideas and I'm not to happy about them if that's the case.

Krokodil is a good example.

Well that's better. For a second I thought you were talking about alcohol.

Grand Britannia wrote:

Me either, but we should stop sending users to jail.

I definitely agree with that. Sending them to jail will only make criminals out of them
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General