NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread VIII: McCarthy Was Right

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favourite Right-Wing Revolution/Uprising/Coup?

War In The Vendée, 1793 (France)
7%
Southern Secession, 1860 (USA)
15%
Boxer Rebellion, 1899 (China)
5%
March On Rome, 1922 (Italy)
12%
National Revolution, 1926 (Portugal)
1%
Spanish Nationalist Coup, 1936 (Spain)
13%
May 16 Coup, 1961 (S. Korea)
4%
Chilean Coup, 1973 (Chile)
11%
Autumn Of Nations, 1989 (International)
24%
Other (Please State)
9%

Total votes : 123

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:09 pm

Also it'd lead the cops not getting discounts.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:10 pm

Hakons wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Several liberal Christians would like to have a word with you.

Liberalism has severely decayed Church moral authority and has resulted in the break down of the family structure. The left is inhabited by many individuals that would love nothing more than see the extinction of Christianity.

Ok but you don't get to say that those who are liberal and Christian aren't taking their faith seriously

Hakons wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:Should prostitution be legal, RWDT? Y/N

Personally, I say yes. Safer for the workers and it'll divert money away from organized crime.

If this is in America, it should be decided by the states. I'm against it because it turns women into a commodity. It also promotes adultery and leads to break downs in marriages and higher divorce rates.

Marriage is already doing that on its own
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Hakons
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:11 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Hakons wrote:
Liberalism has severely decayed Church moral authority and has resulted in the break down of the family structure. The left is inhabited by many individuals that would love nothing more than see the extinction of Christianity.

If this is in America, it should be decided by the states. I'm against it because it turns women into a commodity. It also promotes adultery and leads to break downs in marriages and higher divorce rates.

Adultery is going to happen anyways, prostitution or not.

I must presume you have never checked your local Craigslist personal ads, have you?

Sins will always happen, but we must resist them at every turn.
“All elements of the national life must be made to drink in the Life which proceedeth from Him: legislation, political institutions, education, marriage and family life, capital and labour.” —Pope Leo XIII

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:
Bakery Hill wrote:Why can't you? They're workers, they have the capacity do so, they have done so in the past. And cops will want to be careful if they go around bashing unionised workers.

If cops are going to surrender to unions, then Zombie Reagan will take the Presidency and fire all prostitute public servants.

Being in a union =/= public worker.

I work a Union job I've done it before. It's great it's hard work but it's great.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Theodosios
Attaché

Founded: Feb 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Theodosios » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Hakons wrote:

Ok but you don't get to say that those who are liberal and Christian aren't taking their faith seriously

Yes - we do.

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
If cops are going to surrender to unions, then Zombie Reagan will take the Presidency and fire all prostitute public servants.

Being in a union =/= public worker.

I work a Union job I've done it before. It's great it's hard work but it's great.

Never implied that. Just said Zombie Reagan would fire all prostitute public servants in the strike.
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

Lalaki
Senator

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lalaki » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Napkiraly wrote:Should prostitution be legal, RWDT? Y/N

Personally, I say yes. Safer for the workers and it'll divert money away from organized crime.

I'm not conservative, but I do think it should be legal. I actually live in Nevada -- the only state where prostitution is allowed (in smaller counties which allow it). There are a lot of stories of mothers being able to support their kids on the money they make in the industry. The only thing that needs to happen is extensive screening to make sure no one is forcibly trafficked into the business. There was a case many decades ago where folks were kidnapped from Oregon and given to a Storey County brothel. Luckily they were saved, but it goes to show the amount of monitoring that is required.
Born again free market capitalist.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:14 pm

Hakons wrote:
Adultery is going to happen anyways, prostitution or not.

I must presume you have never checked your local Craigslist personal ads, have you?

Humans are opportunistic. They will do things because it benefits them, not because it's right.

If someone is going to commit adultery, I don't think your traditional notions of Christianity are going to stop them. It didn't in the past, it certainly isn't going to happen now or in the future.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Theodosios wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Ok but you don't get to say that those who are liberal and Christian aren't taking their faith seriously

Yes - we do.

You can't tell anyone that they aren't taking their faith seriously. As faith is a personal matter, you can definitely disagree with them but you can't call them not serious about their faith.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Hakons wrote:

Humans are opportunistic. They will do things because it benefits them, not because it's right.

If someone is going to commit adultery, I don't think your traditional notions of Christianity are going to stop them. It didn't in the past, it certainly isn't going to happen now or in the future.

Then why bother with morality in general? It's a garbage argument to say "well they will do it anyway". Same could apply to murder yet we teach it is wrong.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:17 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Ok but you don't get to say that those who are liberal and Christian aren't taking their faith seriously

If they're putting their politics before doctrine and what the faith has held to be true since the beginning, then forgive me for thinking that they don't take the faith seriously. Or at least put it more on the back burner than those that don't.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:17 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Being in a union =/= public worker.

Never implied that. Just said Zombie Reagan would fire all prostitute public servants in the strike.

In order for that to work the government would have to hire them and nobody is going to that, well maybe Clinton would
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:19 pm

Hakons wrote:

Well it definitely hasn't prevented people from being gay even though that's a no no
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:19 pm

Thermodolia wrote:

In order for that to work the government would have to hire them and nobody is going to that, well maybe Clinton would

Then Zombie Reagan will buy all the prostitute private sector so he can fire them.
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:19 pm

The East Marches II wrote:

Then why bother with morality in general? It's a garbage argument to say "well they will do it anyway". Same could apply to murder yet we teach it is wrong.

Well murder is illegal
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:20 pm

Salus Maior wrote:

If they're putting their politics before doctrine and what the faith has held to be true since the beginning, then forgive me for thinking that they don't take the faith seriously. Or at least put it more on the back burner than those that don't.

The same goes for those on the right side of politics as well. It's a two way street
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:20 pm

Thermodolia wrote:

Well it definitely hasn't prevented people from being gay even though that's a no no

It used to prevent them from acting on such urges or at the least suppressing it from public view. Just look at the number of Victorian writers who were thought gay but didn't have relationships for fear of fallout.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:21 pm

It's also a garbage argument to say "if we allow prostitution, adultery is going to be promoted".

It's going to happen anyways whether you allow prostitution or not. Heck, it happens all over the U.S. everyday and nobody bats an eye right now.

So why should I believe that your moralistic approach to prostitution is going to stop adultery?
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:21 pm

Thermodolia wrote:

Well murder is illegal

So used to be homosexuality and also prostitution still is.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:22 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Well it definitely hasn't prevented people from being gay even though that's a no no

It used to prevent them from acting on such urges or at the least suppressing it from public view. Just look at the number of Victorian writers who were thought gay but didn't have relationships for fear of fallout.

Suppression isn't going to make prostitution go away. In fact it will do the exact opposite
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:22 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Well murder is illegal

So used to be homosexuality and also prostitution still is.

Only in 49 states
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:23 pm

Napkiraly wrote:Also it'd lead the cops not getting discounts.

Cops expecting discounts is so fucking stupid.
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:23 pm

It's also a garbage argument to say "if we allow prostitution, adultery is going to be promoted".

It's going to happen anyways whether you allow prostitution or not. Heck, it happens all over the U.S. everyday and nobody bats an eye right now.

So why should I believe that your moralistic approach to prostitution is going to stop adultery?

Indoctrination of young kids with beliefs is proven to work? Murder happens all the time too yet we still aggressively prosecute and moralize against it. Just because something tends to happen does not make the fight against it pointless. It's crypto-nihilist position I've seen you take more than once.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Thermodolia wrote:

Suppression isn't going to make prostitution go away. In fact it will do the exact opposite

The Victorian Era was certainly a rampant time for underground prostitution, contrary to the beliefs of people who think the Victorians were sexually repressed.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Thermodolia wrote:

It indeed has limited its spread. Just as the severe repression of gays has and in some places in the ME still does. Whether or not it has any utility or gives a benefit is another argument entirely.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General