NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread VIII: McCarthy Was Right

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favourite Right-Wing Revolution/Uprising/Coup?

War In The Vendée, 1793 (France)
7%
Southern Secession, 1860 (USA)
15%
Boxer Rebellion, 1899 (China)
5%
March On Rome, 1922 (Italy)
12%
National Revolution, 1926 (Portugal)
1%
Spanish Nationalist Coup, 1936 (Spain)
13%
May 16 Coup, 1961 (S. Korea)
4%
Chilean Coup, 1973 (Chile)
11%
Autumn Of Nations, 1989 (International)
24%
Other (Please State)
9%

Total votes : 123

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:36 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Gondolaulus wrote:Define backward believe. And in essence, that is not multiculturalism.

Once one culture outforces another, there is no multiculturalism. There is cultural domination.

>Backwards Beliefs

Its ok to send children over minefields :^)

You know who never sent children over minefields?
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
>Backwards Beliefs

Its ok to send children over minefields :^)

You know who never sent children over minefields?

Yes and that is why he was a much better choice than the Ayatollahs.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:You know who never sent children over minefields?

Removing the Shah was a total mistake. Worst is, the West still hasn't learnt three decades or so later that toppling secular dictators to replace them with Islamic """"""Republic"""""" ain't the best idea ever.
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

Nekoyama
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekoyama » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Ban Pho wrote:What is your opinion on multiculturalism, RWDT?

Strongly opposed to it, people should adhere to the culture of the region they're staying in.
Venerable Bede wrote:
The V O I D wrote:
Universal Morality is a spook.

Is "spook" coming to mean "heresy" in freethinkerese?

Is "freethinker" coming to be your go-to word for things you don't like?

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:00 pm

Nekoyama wrote:

Strongly opposed to it, people should adhere to the culture of the region they're staying in.
Venerable Bede wrote:Is "spook" coming to mean "heresy" in freethinkerese?

It tells us much about the person in particular, methinks.
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:25 pm

RWDT, what are your thoughts on Snowden? Also, speaking of Snowden; what do you think constitutes treason? Do you think Snowden is a hero or a traitor?

Mattopilos II
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:07 pm

Not opposed to it, but it really depends on how they try and implement it. It can be implemented very poorly, or quite well.
Anarchist without adjectives, Post-Leftist, Anti-theist, STEM major.
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner
“The victory of a moral ideal is achieved by the same ‘immoral’ means as every victory: force, lies, slander, injustice.” - Nietzsche
“Our duties - are the rights of others over us.” - Nietzsche

Mikelheim
Attaché

Founded: Feb 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mikelheim » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:19 pm

The V O I D wrote:RWDT, what are your thoughts on Snowden? Also, speaking of Snowden; what do you think constitutes treason? Do you think Snowden is a hero or a traitor?

Hero, just like the rest of the whistleblowers.
United City States of Oceania wrote:
PaNTuXIa wrote:You think Hillary would've done any better? Besides, last I checked, weren't the leftists the ones who wanted neoliberal globalist bankers in office?

Yes, I do, actually.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:21 pm

Mikelheim wrote:
The V O I D wrote:RWDT, what are your thoughts on Snowden? Also, speaking of Snowden; what do you think constitutes treason? Do you think Snowden is a hero or a traitor?

Hero, just like the rest of the whistleblowers.

And as to my other questions?

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:00 pm

Should never have run. Wasn't a traitor until he took up a job as Putin's token Westerner.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:55 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:

Should never have run. Wasn't a traitor until he took up a job as Putin's token Westerner.

He hasn't said anything. Russians would have either killed him, or turned him over already.

Crnobrnje
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Crnobrnje » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:02 pm

Traitor.
Conserative Morality wrote:

lol

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:06 pm

Crnobrnje wrote:Traitor.

Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Venerable Bede
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Venerable Bede » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:46 pm

Conscentia wrote:

If it did mean "heresy", then "spook" itself would've become a spook.

A spook is a heresy against orthodox egoism. Heretic egoism is that subject to spooks.
Orthodox Christian
The Path to Salvation
The Way of a Pilgrim
Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age
The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth. (Ecclesiastes 7:4)
A sacrifice to God is a brokenspirit; a broken and humbled heart God will not despise. (Psalm 50:19--Orthodox, Protestant 51:19)
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. (2 Corinthians 7:10)
And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me. And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? (Luke 12:13-14)

Venerable Bede
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Venerable Bede » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:50 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Venerable Bede wrote:/his/ and /lit/ are truly much more advanced than NSG is. /pol/ is another story, though

/his/ and /int/ you mean. /lit/ is 110% pure cancer and nothing good has ever come out of it.

/his/ came out of it. That's where weaker philosophy like legit trolley goes. /his/ is partially a containment board to keep plebs off /lit/.
Orthodox Christian
The Path to Salvation
The Way of a Pilgrim
The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth. (Ecclesiastes 7:4)
A sacrifice to God is a brokenspirit; a broken and humbled heart God will not despise. (Psalm 50:19--Orthodox, Protestant 51:19)
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. (2 Corinthians 7:10)
And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me. And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? (Luke 12:13-14)

Venerable Bede
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Venerable Bede » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Nekoyama wrote:

Yes, lima beans are freethinkers.
Orthodox Christian
The Path to Salvation
The Way of a Pilgrim

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Venerable Bede wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
/his/ and /int/ you mean. /lit/ is 110% pure cancer and nothing good has ever come out of it.

/his/ came out of it. That's where weaker philosophy like legit trolley goes. /his/ is partially a containment board to keep plebs off /lit/.

This explains why you and I don't get along. You go to one of the objectively worst and most pleby boards on all of 4chan. GG no re, enjoy hanging with Conserative Morality. Real right wing boards like /his/, /int/ or /k/ are the only worthwhile places for good discussion. For instance, /int/ has the best place for studying international relations.
Last edited by The East Marches on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:51 pm

Venerable Bede wrote:
Conscentia wrote:

If it did mean "heresy", then "spook" itself would've become a spook.

A spook is a heresy against orthodox egoism. Heretic egoism is that subject to spooks.

All egoists don't even subscribe to the idea of spooks.
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner
“The victory of a moral ideal is achieved by the same ‘immoral’ means as every victory: force, lies, slander, injustice.” - Nietzsche

Austrasien
Minister

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Austrasien » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:58 pm

Neutral as a means. Certain benefits but also drawbacks.

Terrible as an ends. Operationalization of a nations death drive.
The leafposter formerly known as The Kievan People

The weak crumble, are slaughtered and are erased from history while the strong survive. The strong are respected and in the end, peace is made with the strong.

Nekoyama
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekoyama » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:00 pm

Mattopilos II wrote:
Venerable Bede wrote:A spook is a heresy against orthodox egoism. Heretic egoism is that subject to spooks.

"Spook" also assumes everyone accepts nominalism.

Grand Sovereign League
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

What Multiculturism?

Postby Grand Sovereign League » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:09 pm

It boggles my mind that multiculturism is still referenced and discussed in terms of civilisations. The entire world and all of its races and ethnicities (even those that vehemently flaunt their social and religious minutia as distinct) willing and joyously emulate Western Europe and North America (read... The US) to a degree that is fast approaching global uniformity. People easily forget that most problems and friction between "cultures" are the result of Europeans introducing technology and mercantile/industrial economics to functionally neolithic and medieval populations in the now-called developing world. They have had no chance to adapt , unlike the Europeans who, through gradual development of nearly all major world contributions, created the artificially stable and safe environments that allowed liberalism to be born. Basically non-western peoples don't jive with openess and equality and pacifism and gays and feminism because they find such things absurd, again do to the fact that this whole modern urban life thing came out of nowhere and they are barely, just barely adjusting as we speak. And adjusting like a 2yr old to a sippy-cup mind you.

The Greater Aryan Race
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Aryan Race » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:16 pm

It can work, with extensive laws to regulate communitarian relations and provided all ethnic groups remain loyal members to the State.

Traitor. Should he somehow be returned to the United States, he should be punished in a court of law and receive the full penalty for treason.

What constitutes treason you say? Fleeing your country and consorting with foreign powers by disclosing sensitive information to them, amongst other things. Of course, numerous other acts constitute treason and Snowden's conduct is but one example.
Imperium Sidhicum wrote:So, uh... Is this another one of those threads where everyone is supposed to feel outraged and circle-jerk in agreement of how injust and terrible the described incident is?

Because if it is, I'm probably going to say something mean and contrary just to contradict the majority.

This nation is now IC-ly known as the Teutonic Reich.

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:21 pm

Nekoyama wrote:
Mattopilos II wrote:

"Spook" also assumes everyone accepts nominalism.

I.e. concrete and abstract? Eh, I see value in such a concept insofar it helps one compartmentalize their thoughts and conclusions.

New Vaden
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby New Vaden » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:27 pm

My personal opinion on multiculturalism varies. If, like Stalin, or Tamerlane, or Attila, you're willing to kill and terrify everyone who so much as raises an eyebrow at any decision you make, a multicultural empire can work. Or you can assimilate minorities. Only two ways that work long-term.

Grand Sovereign League
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Sovereign League » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:33 pm

The Greater Aryan Race wrote:

It can work, with extensive laws to regulate communitarian relations and provided all ethnic groups remain loyal members to the State.

I must disagree. Regulating communitarian relations only gives validation to other cultures by acknowledging their right to exist. I am not advocating ethnic cleansing or anything violent, but until a nations government openly and actively endorses western culture as superior as well as identifying it's french, English, germanic, greco-roman origins as the source of all modern things we enjoy. Loyalty to the state only occurs when there is a dominant culture of patriotism and societal homogenity. My reason for advocating a denial of validity and an outright denounciation of non-western culture (save for some bits of east asian culture) is for the very fact that due to their stark primitiveness, all developing-world cultures are in direct conflict with all notions of western societal norms. The enjoy the fruits of European culture while constantly making accusations of european decadence or depravity. We must place European history and culture upon a pillar miles above all others. It is that simple.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General