NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread VIII: McCarthy Was Right

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favourite Right-Wing Revolution/Uprising/Coup?

War In The Vendée, 1793 (France)
7%
Southern Secession, 1860 (USA)
15%
Boxer Rebellion, 1899 (China)
5%
March On Rome, 1922 (Italy)
12%
National Revolution, 1926 (Portugal)
1%
Spanish Nationalist Coup, 1936 (Spain)
13%
May 16 Coup, 1961 (S. Korea)
4%
Chilean Coup, 1973 (Chile)
11%
Autumn Of Nations, 1989 (International)
24%
Other (Please State)
9%

Total votes : 123

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:32 pm

Gondolaulus wrote:
The V O I D wrote:
1. I'm not; you literally said: "Companies have the right to decide whom to hire and whom not. A state has no right in infringing that." The implications of such, I pointed out.

2. Because they do.

3. Nope, not if you had a contract with them beforehand or not if they paid for it beforehand, and definitely not just because 'they're gay'. We're not 20s America where the coloreds and the whites had to go to different businesses and such to buy.

4. Yeah, and if/when they do, that corporation/company gets fined for discrimination. Or gets forced to uphold their end of the contract/deal. The only way to avoid discrimination and such and to avoid this would be to shut your company down entirely if you really don't wanna serve gays.

5. It's far easier to simply point out that an individuals' rights are far more important than any organization's.

1) That does not mean I prefer putting indivdual rights above those of companies. Not corporations.

2) No, they do not inherently. Neither I think it is a good thing to do so.

3) Yes, if I had a contract. But I said it is in my right to refuse to take orders from them.

4) How oppressive! People are forced to serve others, but didn't you say beforehand that it is bad to step into other's people's rights?

5) No, it is not. Both are difficult, except when you take them for granted. Which I assume you do.

1. What even is this sentence?

2. Well, cool, you're wrong.

3. No, it isn't. If they order, and pay, and you refuse to give it to them - that's theft of their money. Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

4. Not individuals; companies. Individuals in those companies are perfectly free to find someone else who will serve them for the company - or better yet, leave the company, so others can join that company and serve the people. Companies are forced to serve, not people.

5. No, I don't take rights for granted.

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:33 pm

The East Marches wrote:Certainly not run by you lot. It would be organized like a whorehouse which is where your government apparently has decided to take organizational lessons from.

A whorehouse at least has some level of organization. You chose to ditch the organization but keep the fuckery making your country effectively run like a pimp would his whores. :^)
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Aelex wrote:
The East Marches wrote:Certainly not run by you lot. It would be organized like a whorehouse which is where your government apparently has decided to take organizational lessons from.

A whorehouse at least has some level of organization. You chose to ditch the organization but keep the fuckery making your country effectively run like a pimp would his whores. :^)

Uncle Sugar a gud boi! He is just a little abusive sometimes. No bully him.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Lady Scylla wrote:Nein. The last time you lot did that Paris flowed with blood.

And Berlin. And Madrid. And Moscow. And pretty much every other big city of the continent.
Haaaaaaa, those were good times...
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

Gondolaulus
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gondolaulus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:35 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Gondolaulus wrote:1) That does not mean I prefer putting indivdual rights above those of companies. Not corporations.

2) No, they do not inherently. Neither I think it is a good thing to do so.

3) Yes, if I had a contract. But I said it is in my right to refuse to take orders from them.

4) How oppressive! People are forced to serve others, but didn't you say beforehand that it is bad to step into other's people's rights?

5) No, it is not. Both are difficult, except when you take them for granted. Which I assume you do.

1. What even is this sentence?

2. Well, cool, you're wrong.

3. No, it isn't. If they order, and pay, and you refuse to give it to them - that's theft of their money. Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

4. Not individuals; companies. Individuals in those companies are perfectly free to find someone else who will serve them for the company - or better yet, leave the company, so others can join that company and serve the people. Companies are forced to serve, not people.

5. No, I don't take rights for granted.

1) Re-read it

2) Ah, you think I am wrong, that is fine.

3) Again, I stated that I refused a contract. They come with an order, and I refuse on the basis because they are homosexual. I believe this is perfectly fine.

4) Nothing is forced to serve. Period.
Also known as Aulus by some.
I am: Iron Pill, Muslim, native European
PRO: Integralism, Perennialism, Esoterism, Sufism.
ANTI: Salafism, Wahhabism, Daesh, interventionism.

Former history/Catholic theology/philosophy student.
RIP Jochy unjustly deleted defending Islamic pride ☪6-2-2017

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:37 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

1. Human beings are independent, sapient, sentient, and born; they do not rely upon anyone else to live/exist.

2. It may be that, but it cures the transgender person's dysphoria and helps them live healthy lives.

3. No, it's not. It literally isn't. It has been proven to not be. Denying science or clinging on to old science makes your credibility equivalent to flat-earthers.

4. Not pro-self harm. Pro-bodily sovereignty. None of my business what people do with it.

1) So, conjoined twins and babies are not human beings? Nor are the disabled?

2) They aren't leading healthy lives, they are leading delusional lives that impede their proper functioning.

3) The science of defining mental illness is by no means as rock-hard as the study of geology.

4) Which means you are pro-self harm. If a someone harms themselves, it is not the right of anyone to stop them, correct? But, of course, this bodily sovereignty is overrided when someone uses it to not support your precious LGBT people.

1. See my statement on conjoined twins vs parasitic twins. Disabled people using modern technology can live and exist on their own, for the most part. If not, the state can pay someone to help them if they want that help.

2. Hahahahhahahhahahhaa... ha. Ha. This coming from someone like you is precious, UMN. Please, stop making me laugh.

3. Actually, it is. What you define as mental illness only works if you deny science.

4. I'm not pro-self harm. I am pro-bodily sovereignty. It is none of my business what people do with that sovereignty.

5. If a mother refuses to feed a born infant, that puts the infant at risk of dying of hunger/thirst; violating its rights as a new individual. Therefor, she gets parenting rights revoked and that infant goes to someone else in the family or into the adoption system (infants are very likely to be adopted anyway).

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:41 pm

The V O I D wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:1) So, conjoined twins and babies are not human beings? Nor are the disabled?

2) They aren't leading healthy lives, they are leading delusional lives that impede their proper functioning.

3) The science of defining mental illness is by no means as rock-hard as the study of geology.

4) Which means you are pro-self harm. If a someone harms themselves, it is not the right of anyone to stop them, correct? But, of course, this bodily sovereignty is overrided when someone uses it to not support your precious LGBT people.

1. See my statement on conjoined twins vs parasitic twins. Disabled people using modern technology can live and exist on their own, for the most part. If not, the state can pay someone to help them if they want that help.

2. Hahahahhahahhahahhaa... ha. Ha. This coming from someone like you is precious, UMN. Please, stop making me laugh.

3. Actually, it is. What you define as mental illness only works if you deny science.

4. I'm not pro-self harm. I am pro-bodily sovereignty. It is none of my business what people do with that sovereignty.

5. If a mother refuses to feed a born infant, that puts the infant at risk of dying of hunger/thirst; violating its rights as a new individual. Therefor, she gets parenting rights revoked and that infant goes to someone else in the family or into the adoption system (infants are very likely to be adopted anyway).

1) They are still largely dependent on other people.

2) Come again?

3) I would say it is a mental illness because it is a mental state incongruous with reality.

4) Which means you must accept self-harm.

5) What if no one wants to care for the infants or disabled?

My point is, the belief in absolute bodily sovereignty is the foundation of an anarcho-capitalist worldview.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:50 pm

The V O I D wrote:

1) They are still largely dependent on other people.

2) Come again?

3) I would say it is a mental illness because it is a mental state incongruous with reality.

My point is, the belief in absolute bodily sovereignty is the foundation of an anarcho-capitalist worldview.

1. Yes, but the difference is those people are paid to assist them and they can - in some cases - actually try to lead a normal existence because of modern technology.

2. >calling transgender people 'delusional', when there is neurological and psychological science proving such to be false.
>being a believer in some omnipotent guy chilling in the clouds with a large neckbeard whose son came down here to smoke some burning bush and tell humanity that they're chill to come to Cloud City when they die, with the only evidence being a book in a dead language that could've been mistranslated atop numerous mistranslations, that same book also being 2,000+ years old.

It's funny.

3. Except not according to literally every credible source on the planet that isn't run by traditionalists/confirmation bias material.

4. Nah, man, it just means I don't care what people do with their bodies and respect their right to do whatever they want with their own bodies.

5. For the infants, leave them under adoptive care system [as it's literally their job to raise kids until they are adopted, as well as find families willing to adopt]. For the disabled, put them into retirement homes (specifically, the ones for old people who can't care for themselves anymore either). Put them in places where the only people there are obligated to care for them or else they don't get paid and/or are at risk of being fired.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:58 pm

The V O I D wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:1) They are still largely dependent on other people.

2) Come again?

1. Yes, but the difference is those people are paid to assist them and they can - in some cases - actually try to lead a normal existence because of modern technology.

2. >calling transgender people 'delusional', when there is neurological and psychological science proving such to be false.
>being a believer in some omnipotent guy chilling in the clouds with a large neckbeard whose son came down here to smoke some burning bush and tell humanity that they're chill to come to Cloud City when they die, with the only evidence being a book in a dead language that could've been mistranslated atop numerous mistranslations, that same book also being 2,000+ years old.

It's funny.

3. Except not according to literally every credible source on the planet that isn't run by traditionalists/confirmation bias material.

4. Nah, man, it just means I don't care what people do with their bodies and respect their right to do whatever they want with their own bodies.

5. For the infants, leave them under adoptive care system [as it's literally their job to raise kids until they are adopted, as well as find families willing to adopt]. For the disabled, put them into retirement homes (specifically, the ones for old people who can't care for themselves anymore either). Put them in places where the only people there are obligated to care for them or else they don't get paid and/or are at risk of being fired.

1) But you defined a human being with rights as someone that is independent! Now, as long as we can pay someone to take care of them, they have rights, so why can't we simply pay mothers to not get abortions?

3) So, now they are of the sex they wish to be? No, their mental state is incongruous with their body, that is a fact.

4) Which means you must accept the logical conclusion of that, which is that there is nothing wrong with self-harm.

5) You are not getting the meaning of my question: what if no one (that includes the people in the adoption agencies, the retirement homes, etc) wants to take care of them. Why should the state force them to?
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:00 pm

">being a believer in some omnipotent guy chilling in the clouds with a large neckbeard whose son came down here to smoke some burning bush and tell humanity that they're chill to come to Cloud City when they die, with the only evidence being a book in a dead language that could've been mistranslated atop numerous mistranslations, that same book also being 2,000+ years old."

Well okay first of all thanks for waking me from my slumber from NSG, and second everything in here has to be one of the worst generalizations I have seen to date from you.

It is so bad in fact that Hitler wouldn't even touch this statement with a gas chamber, and Stalin would rise from the dead. On top of it all the Bible isn't a damn book at all.

Oh I am just getting started with this. As punishment I will be going through every page of this new iteration, and responding to it all.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:03 pm

Benuty wrote:
">being a believer in some omnipotent guy chilling in the clouds with a large neckbeard whose son came down here to smoke some burning bush and tell humanity that they're chill to come to Cloud City when they die, with the only evidence being a book in a dead language that could've been mistranslated atop numerous mistranslations, that same book also being 2,000+ years old."

Well okay first of all thanks for waking me from my slumber from NSG, and second everything in here has to be one of the worst generalizations I have seen to date from you.
It is so bad in fact that Hitler wouldn't even touch this statement with a gas chamber, and Stalin would rise from the dead. On top of it all the Bible isn't a damn book at all.
Oh I am just getting started with this. As punishment I will be going through every page of this new iteration, and responding to it all.

How does that punish VOID?

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:05 pm

The V O I D wrote:

It's funny.

1) But you defined a human being with rights as someone that is independent! Now, as long as we can pay someone to take care of them, they have rights, so why can't we simply pay mothers to not get abortions?

3) So, now they are of the sex they wish to be? No, their mental state is incongruous with their body, that is a fact.

4) Which means you must accept the logical conclusion of that, which is that there is nothing wrong with self-harm.

5) You are not getting the meaning of my question: what if no one (that includes the people in the adoption agencies, the retirement homes, etc) wants to take care of them. Why should the state force them to?

1. Because that isn't how it works. Paying someone to violate their own bodily sovereignty and paying someone to help someone else live is completely different.

3. Yeah, except it's the other way around; their body is incompatible with their mind, and the only way to treat this according to every reputable source is sex change surgery.

4. Sure, but at the same time, I don't endorse suicide or self harm (what I consider self harm, not what you consider self harm).

5. That's an unrealistic scenario, and even if it did happen, unfortunately that means the infant or disabled person will die because no one cared for them. Not a new concept - it happens to homeless people and others in society. It happens; people go uncared for and end up dying.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Benuty wrote:Well okay first of all thanks for waking me from my slumber from NSG, and second everything in here has to be one of the worst generalizations I have seen to date from you.

How does that punish VOID?

By giving them their lack of hearts desires?

The eternal need of everyone here to be masochistically btfo'ed. Only then can balance be restored to us all.
Last edited by Benuty on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

UCE Watchdog of the Puppets
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby UCE Watchdog of the Puppets » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:08 pm

The V O I D wrote:

It's funny.

5. I dunno, attempting to make use of the state's resources before they all go to waste?
E STĒLLĪS LĪBERTĀS
Slightly more authoritarian alternate of The United Colonies of Earth
The surveillance is iconic, the democracy streitbare, and the Constitution sanctified.
Current year: 2560
Current President: Daniel A. Hosten

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:09 pm

Conscentia wrote:Anyone think it's time for a new poll? If so, what do you suggest?

It might be interesting to ask the denizens of the RWDT to select their favourite significant left-wing figures/leaders.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:10 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:
Conscentia wrote:Anyone think it's time for a new poll? If so, what do you suggest?

It might be interesting to ask the denizens of the RWDT to select their favourite significant left-wing figures/leaders.

Lets be careful there OT for your are toying with forces none of us are ever capable of understanding.

Ambassador

Democratic Socialists

Postby UCE Watchdog of the Puppets » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:

I like this idea. Unfortunately I have no idea who is left-wing anymore besides most of the anarchists, socialists and communists and most of those I don't like. Or really know of.
Still, couldn't hurt to give it a try. Marx at least invented an endearing narrative structure for history, Bakunin was somewhat prescient about any kind of dictatorship...
Last edited by UCE Watchdog of the Puppets on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E STĒLLĪS LĪBERTĀS
The surveillance is iconic, the democracy streitbare, and the Constitution sanctified.

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Benuty wrote:
Conscentia wrote:How does that punish VOID?

By giving them their lack of hearts desires?
The eternal need of everyone here to be masochistically btfo'ed. Only then can balance be restored to us all.

No. How about not dredging stuff up from pages ago and spamming the thread with your replies?

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:12 pm

UCE Watchdog of the Puppets wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:It might be interesting to ask the denizens of the RWDT to select their favourite significant left-wing figures/leaders.

I like this idea. Unfortunately I have no idea who is left-wing anymore besides most of the anarchists, socialists and communists and most of those I don't like either.

Hence my mention of toying with forces beyond our understanding. It could for all we know cause the internet equivalent of a black hole (by virtue of a flame war of course).

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Benuty wrote:By giving them their lack of hearts desires?

No. How about not dredging stuff up from pages ago and spamming the thread with your replies?

I disagree it must be done in order to make NSG great again.

Ambassador

Democratic Socialists

Postby UCE Watchdog of the Puppets » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:14 pm

Benuty wrote:
UCE Watchdog of the Puppets wrote:I like this idea. Unfortunately I have no idea who is left-wing anymore besides most of the anarchists, socialists and communists and most of those I don't like either.

Hence my mention of toying with forces beyond our understanding. It could for all we know cause the internet equivalent of a black hole (by virtue of a flame war of course).

Oh my. That's something I'd rather avoid seeing reappear.
E STĒLLĪS LĪBERTĀS

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:14 pm

The V O I D wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:1) But you defined a human being with rights as someone that is independent! Now, as long as we can pay someone to take care of them, they have rights, so why can't we simply pay mothers to not get abortions?

1. Because that isn't how it works. Paying someone to violate their own bodily sovereignty and paying someone to help someone else live is completely different.

3. Yeah, except it's the other way around; their body is incompatible with their mind, and the only way to treat this according to every reputable source is sex change surgery.

4. Sure, but at the same time, I don't endorse suicide or self harm (what I consider self harm, not what you consider self harm).

5. That's an unrealistic scenario, and even if it did happen, unfortunately that means the infant or disabled person will die because no one cared for them. Not a new concept - it happens to homeless people and others in society. It happens; people go uncared for and end up dying.

1) Do not people in both scenarios have the right to refuse, if we believe in absolute bodily sovereignty/

3) The mind is a part of the body, not the body part of the mind. It is the body as a whole which makes them a person. What you suggest would make a brain in a vat a person. It is not, it is merely a brain in a vat, it is no more a person than a corpse on life-support is.

5) So, you accept then that bodily sovereignty gives us the right to refuse to help or support others, correct?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General