NATION

PASSWORD

BongBongLand (Philippine) Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:58 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
Region of Dwipantara wrote:Not kerosene, but the VP said that the milk from wild horses from Sumba island can prevent Covid, the govt gave discount for tourism, the Regent of Ogan Ilir Regency called journalist to his home to announce that he got Covid, and the Ministry of Agriculture planned to mass produce "eucalyptus necklace" said to be able to prevent Covid if we wear it.

What. That sounds so much worse. At least kerosene has some sort of removing property, this is just next level alternative medicine peddling.

To be fair, the current VP isn't even the VP, he's just a cheerleader placed on the VP seat to attract NU-aligned Muslim population into voting Jokowi and then disposed immediately. The real VP is still the almighty investment minister.
☪︎ Province No. 14 of the Islamic Khilafah – 14 الخلافة الإسلامية منطقة‎ ☪︎
Home | Government | Policy | Contact

This sig is hacked by the FABULOUS #y0uNG_fOX3S. ¡RESTORE THE REPUBLIC, DESTROY THE KHILAFAH! Join the Alliance and the Fox today and we will Make Dwipantara Merdeka Again! ^OWO^
1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03
 RADIO FREE SOUTHEAST ASIA | Charta Politica February polling: Pro-Khilafah  35.6% (PKI 28.7%, SI 6.9%); Pro-Republiken 64.4% (PAN 7.4%, PKB 13.2%, PRD 5.8%, PDDP 37.9%)

Today's featured | Do not listen to the flat-earthers imperialists, read the TRUE factbooks of our province here, exclusive on the Cakrawala Fox-Site

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:41 am

Region of Dwipantara wrote:
What. That sounds so much worse. At least kerosene has some sort of removing property, this is just next level alternative medicine peddling.

To be fair, the current VP isn't even the VP, he's just a cheerleader placed on the VP seat to attract NU-aligned Muslim population into voting Jokowi and then disposed immediately. The real VP is still the almighty investment minister.

Our VP is actually from the opposition, many of the netizens praised her action and proposals towards COVID response, but I don’t think the President and company take note of what she is trying to lay out, because she seems to be absent from Inter-Agency Task Force meetings. The IATF handles the COVID response here.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

San Kalungsod Saludong
Envoy

Founded: Mar 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby San Kalungsod Saludong » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:32 am

Even doctors are now rallying against Duterte's incompetence.
....☀️....
FACTBOOK

San Kalungsod Saludong: A Sovereign Male Military Order
Nation Ideology: Aescetical, Spiritual, Educational and Militaristic
Personal Politics: Alt Lite, Dark Enlightenment, Conservative Millenial.
Interest: Gym, MMA, Computers, Graphics Design and Finance

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:46 am

San Kalungsod Saludong wrote:Even doctors are now rallying against Duterte's incompetence.

How long before he has them arrested and thrown in jail for “defamation”?
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:05 am

Novus America wrote:
San Kalungsod Saludong wrote:Even doctors are now rallying against Duterte's incompetence.

Who knows. He already is trying to frame them for inciting a rebellion.
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:28 pm

Region of Dwipantara wrote:Not kerosene, but the VP said that the milk from wild horses from Sumba island can prevent Covid, the govt gave discount for tourism, the Regent of Ogan Ilir Regency called journalist to his home to announce that he got Covid, and the Ministry of Agriculture planned to mass produce "eucalyptus necklace" said to be able to prevent Covid if we wear it.

it's like telling folks boiling their hands will disinfect them. Under no circumstances should people boil their hands, but it's also not *wrong*.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

San Kalungsod Saludong
Envoy

Founded: Mar 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby San Kalungsod Saludong » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:10 am

Kubra wrote:
it's like telling folks boiling their hands will disinfect them. Under no circumstances should people boil their hands, but it's also not *wrong*.

Lol, funny but apt.
....☀️....
FACTBOOK

San Kalungsod Saludong: A Sovereign Male Military Order
Nation Ideology: Aescetical, Spiritual, Educational and Militaristic
Personal Politics: Alt Lite, Dark Enlightenment, Conservative Millenial.
Interest: Gym, MMA, Computers, Graphics Design and Finance

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:27 am

Novus America wrote:

When people sang the Tagalog version of Do You Hear the People Sing to protest the ABS-CBN shutdown, the comment section was a terminal clusterfuck. Like seriously, the online lynch mob was in full force.

Now imagine how that online lynch mob would take any form of constructive criticism directed at Duterte from any other sector.
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:20 am

Kubra wrote:

Apparently, I’m wrong. Kerosene does not seem to have any form of disease prevention, it seems. Saw a video of a person testing 4 petri dish samples. The samples were unwashed hands, washed hands, alcohol and kerosene. Kerosene and unwashed hands had small growths, the other two had none.

New Visayan Islands wrote:

When people sang the Tagalog version of Do You Hear the People Sing to protest the ABS-CBN shutdown, the comment section was a terminal clusterfuck. Like seriously, the online lynch mob was in full force.

Now imagine how that online lynch mob would take any form of constructive criticism directed at Duterte from any other sector.

Yeah, I looked and holy smokes. It is indeed a clusterfuck. I would not be surprised if they defend Duterte’s suggestion of kerosene disinfecting despite evidence showing that it is ineffective (and toxic, especially if ingested accidentally).
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:08 am

Kubra wrote: it's like telling folks boiling their hands will disinfect them. Under no circumstances should people boil their hands, but it's also not *wrong*.

Apparently, I’m wrong. Kerosene does not seem to have any form of disease prevention, it seems. Saw a video of a person testing 4 petri dish samples. The samples were unwashed hands, washed hands, alcohol and kerosene. Kerosene and unwashed hands had small growths, the other two had none.

New Visayan Islands wrote:When people sang the Tagalog version of Do You Hear the People Sing to protest the ABS-CBN shutdown, the comment section was a terminal clusterfuck. Like seriously, the online lynch mob was in full force.

Yeah, I looked and holy smokes. It is indeed a clusterfuck. I would not be surprised if they defend Duterte’s suggestion of kerosene disinfecting despite evidence showing that it is ineffective (and toxic, especially if ingested accidentally).
oh huh, I kinda thought it would disinfect at least a little. Live and learn, I guess.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017

Postby New Visayan Islands » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:52 pm

Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:16 am

Sen. Bong Revilla test positive for COVID-19
ABS-CBN News
Posted at Aug 09 2020 07:55 PM

MANILA - Senator Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. on Sunday said he has tested positive for COVID-19.

Revilla made the announcement on his Facebook page, adding that his children and his wife, Bacoor Mayor Lani Mercado, all tested negative.

He also said they had themselves tested after a member of their household got infected with the disease.

"Kami ay nagpatest at nag-isolate agad matapos may mag-positive sa aming household at isa sa aking mga tauhan," Revilla wrote.

According to Revilla, he was in the Senate last Monday, and he was also out in public last Tuesday to mark the 40th day of the death of his father, Ramon Revilla Sr.

Revilla also asked for prayers for his recovery.

"Kasama ang inyong mga dasal, at sa grasya ng Panginoon, makakaraos at malalampasan din natin ito. Ngayon pa lang, salamat po sa inyong mga panalangin. Thank you for your prayers," he wrote.

Revilla is the fourth senator to contract the disease, following Sonny Angara, Aquilino "Koko" Pimentel III, and Juan Miguel Zubiri, who contracted the disease in March but have recovered.

In March, a staff member of Revilla's office also died due to COVID-19.

Senator Revilla says staff member died of COVID-19
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:06 pm

Duterte threatens more mass murder? That is kind of his thing.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:40 am

Duterte is really enthusiastic for the Russian Sputnik vaccine, says he’s willing to be the first Filipino to receive the vaccine. It’s made headlines in international news channels.
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:58 pm

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:Duterte is really enthusiastic for the Russian Sputnik vaccine, says he’s willing to be the first Filipino to receive the vaccine. It’s made headlines in international news channels.

we're fucking lab rats now for pootie-poot

fucking hell

Manilenyos
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Manilenyos » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:50 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:Duterte is really enthusiastic for the Russian Sputnik vaccine, says he’s willing to be the first Filipino to receive the vaccine. It’s made headlines in international news channels.

You know, I don't really like Duterte, but I also don't want him to be risking his life like that (like, he's kinda our President...)! And if he doesn't become the first Filipino to receive the vaccine, imagine how embarrassing that could be for him. I'm not quite sure if he understands that he's supposed to be representing us, and not embarrassing himself over there!
Otherwise known as Free Las Pinas
10000 Islands Minister of Education, Cards Co-op President
Represented in the World Assembly by: Sebastian Castellvi
Chocolate4U ヽ(・∀・)ノ Factbook Templates

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:39 am

At least in Latin America, Mexico and Argentina are cooperating on locally manufacturing and supplying 250 million doses of the UK. Vaccine, which is in phase 3, to most of the region (Brazil excluded) at a low cost. The Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim is also involved in this.

Read - https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news ... 0fc3f4a10e
Last edited by Rio Cana on Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:41 am

Rio Cana wrote:At least in Latin America, Mexico and Argentina are cooperating on locally manufacturing and supplying 250 million doses of the UK. Vaccine, which is in phase 3, to most of the region (Brazil excluded) at a low cost. The Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim is also involved in this.

ASEAN barely agrees on anything, goddamnit. Why are countries that are so much worse hit by the virus and are already crippled by other socioeconomic and political problems managing vaccine trials better than a group of well-established economically stable (except for the Philippine debt thing) countries?

ASEAN can never seem to agree on anything. From the WPS/SCS disputes to the lack of a concerted effort against the coronavirus.
Last edited by Pilipinas and Malaya on Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:06 pm

Rio Cana wrote:At least in Latin America, Mexico and Argentina are cooperating on locally manufacturing and supplying 250 million doses of the UK. Vaccine, which is in phase 3, to most of the region (Brazil excluded) at a low cost. The Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim is also involved in this.

(brazil excluded)

now what the fuck did that mold-encrusted bastard do to get his country excluded?

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:40 pm

ASEAN barely agrees on anything, goddamnit. Why are countries that are so much worse hit by the virus and are already crippled by other socioeconomic and political problems managing vaccine trials better than a group of well-established economically stable (except for the Philippine debt thing) countries?

ASEAN can never seem to agree on anything. From the WPS/SCS disputes to the lack of a concerted effort against the coronavirus.

Seems you have not heard about the Pacific Puma Nations - Read - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pacific_Pumas
National Information
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:42 pm

Rio Cana wrote:

Seems you have not heard about the Pacific Puma Nations - Read - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pacific_Pumas

What the heck does that have to do with the Philippines or ASEAN?
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:46 pm

Diahon wrote:

(brazil excluded)

now what the fuck did that mold-encrusted bastard do to get his country excluded?

Brazil is buying 100 million doses of the UK. vaccine which they will produce locally starting December of this year. Also, the Chinese vaccine is being tested in Brazil. So far 9000 Brazilians have been injected with the Chinese vaccine.

Edit - Found out that the Brazilian state of Parana is going to produce the Russian vaccine. So its time for a Russian song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Go8ub9a1k :lol:
Last edited by Rio Cana on Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
National Information

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019

Postby Europa Undivided » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:06 pm

Manilenyos wrote:

You know, I don't really like Duterte, but I also don't want him to be risking his life like that (like, he's kinda our President...)! And if he doesn't become the first Filipino to receive the vaccine, imagine how embarrassing that could be for him. I'm not quite sure if he understands that he's supposed to be representing us, and not embarrassing himself over there!

Embarassing himself is his superpower
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:33 pm

Novus America wrote:
Rio Cana wrote:

What the heck does that have to do with the Philippines or ASEAN?

Commenting on the following which was said
Why are countries that are so much worse hit by the virus and are already crippled by other socioeconomic and political problems managing vaccine trials better than a group of well-established economically stable (except for the Philippine debt thing) countries?
Last edited by Rio Cana on Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General