NATION

PASSWORD

US passes UN vote banning Israeli settlements

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Gauthier
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52887
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:52 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Gauthier wrote:If you can point me to statistics on feather suffocation I'll be more than happy to compare.

The burden of proof lies on you to prove that Hamas's missiles aren't so bad, really.
And remember that feathers have a 220 million year head start, so when we compare numbers, we'll have to take that into account.

No feathers, but how about this?

The lopsided death tolls in Israel-Palestinian conflicts

These are not surprising figures. During 2012's Operation Pillar of Defense, 167 Palestinians were killed by the Israeli military, according to human rights group B’Tselem, who said that less than half of that number were believed to be taking part in hostilities. The same report said six Israelis had died: Four civilians and two members of the Israeli security forces. In the 2008-2009 Gaza War, the pattern was also evident. According to numbers released by the Israeli Defense Force, 1,166 Palestinians died during that conflict, 709 of which the IDF said were "Hamas terror operatives." Thirteen Israelis died, three of whom were non-combatants.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 124086
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:52 pm

Imperializt Russia wrote:
Pennsylvania and New Jersey wrote:One word "Zionism". We should support Israel in all it's doings. But to be honest, it's just the left trying to create issues before Trump becomes POTUS.

I didn't realise "the left" foresaw the trump presidency in 1967.

We have known all along this would happen. It was written in the Elder Scrolls.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm.
It be feelin' like the life that I’m livin' man out of control
Like every day I’m in a fight for my soul


It’s likely that one or two of you who’ll listen to this enjoy the liberal administration of a social lubricant in it’s many wonderful forms. I can tell by the head on ya. A drop o’ Buckfast, a bump a’ Marvyn K, a cup o’ psilocybin scald, an opium suppository or whatever you’re havin’ yourself. And we’re right there with ya, rubbin’ in the commotion lotion and chasing blue ghosts. Fuck it, d’ya know what I mean?

User avatar
Jamzmania
Senator
 
Posts: 4863
Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamzmania » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:54 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:The burden of proof lies on you to prove that Hamas's missiles aren't so bad, really.
And remember that feathers have a 220 million year head start, so when we compare numbers, we'll have to take that into account.

No feathers, but how about this?

The lopsided death tolls in Israel-Palestinian conflicts

These are not surprising figures. During 2012's Operation Pillar of Defense, 167 Palestinians were killed by the Israeli military, according to human rights group B’Tselem, who said that less than half of that number were believed to be taking part in hostilities. The same report said six Israelis had died: Four civilians and two members of the Israeli security forces. In the 2008-2009 Gaza War, the pattern was also evident. According to numbers released by the Israeli Defense Force, 1,166 Palestinians died during that conflict, 709 of which the IDF said were "Hamas terror operatives." Thirteen Israelis died, three of whom were non-combatants.

Maybe the Palestinians should stop starting shit with Israel, since they're obviously bad at it.
The Alexanderians wrote:"Fear no man or woman,
No matter what their size.
Call upon me,
And I will equalize."

-Engraved on the side of my M1911 .45

User avatar
Gauthier
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52887
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:54 pm

Jamzmania wrote:
Gauthier wrote:No feathers, but how about this?

The lopsided death tolls in Israel-Palestinian conflicts


Maybe the Palestinians should stop starting shit with Israel, since they're obviously bad at it.

Because the average Palestinian on the street are all Hamas commanders.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

User avatar
Canadian Davsland
Minister
 
Posts: 2098
Founded: Feb 16, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Canadian Davsland » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Jamzmania wrote:
Canadian Davsland wrote:
Israel started this mess when the British stole land from the Palestine to create Israel. Since then, land has been disappering at a fast pace.

https://buildingbridgesvancouver.files. ... n-ad-1.jpg

Israel started this mess when the British started this mess? Also, Palestine was never a country. You can't steal land from a country that doesn't exist.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandatory_Palestine palestine did exist and l;and was stolen from them to create Israel.
I support Left Wing Socialism, and I am Anti Capitalism, I support Egalitarianism, and I support Socialist Libertarianism. I also believe corporatism is a poison in the world, and is unfair to the poor and middle class.

SOCIALISTS OF NATIONSTATES, UNITE!!!
I am a Supporter of the Anti-austerity strikes and Left Wing Socialist parties in Europe. Socialism is the system of the people.
Economic Left/Right: -10.00, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.27

User avatar
Salandriagado
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16990
Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Salandriagado » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Aelex wrote:
Panco Lune wrote:He talked about it on his ig

Truly a trust-worthy source! :roll:


Yes, person X is a pretty good source for all manner of information about person X.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

User avatar
Aelex
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11398
Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Gauthier wrote:Because the average Palestinian on the street are all Hamas commanders.

You don't need to be a commander to fuel the conflict.
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

User avatar
Uxupox
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13110
Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Uxupox » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Canadian Davsland wrote:
Jamzmania wrote:Israel started this mess when the British started this mess? Also, Palestine was never a country. You can't steal land from a country that doesn't exist.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandatory_Palestine palestine did exist and l;and was stolen from them to create Israel.


It's a name designated for that specific region not a country...
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

User avatar
Jamzmania
Senator
 
Posts: 4863
Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamzmania » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:57 pm

Canadian Davsland wrote:
Jamzmania wrote:Israel started this mess when the British started this mess? Also, Palestine was never a country. You can't steal land from a country that doesn't exist.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandatory_Palestine palestine did exist and l;and was stolen from them to create Israel.

Mandatory Palestine was not a country. It was, in effect, a British territory made up of land taken from the Ottomon Empire after WWI.
The Alexanderians wrote:"Fear no man or woman,
No matter what their size.
Call upon me,
And I will equalize."

-Engraved on the side of my M1911 .45

User avatar
Aelex
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11398
Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:57 pm

Canadian Davsland wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandatory_Palestine palestine did exist and l;and was stolen from them to create Israel.

It was a colony administered by the British just like India or parts of Africa were. Saying it existed as an independant State is downright stupid.
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

User avatar
Proctopeo
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7412
Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Proctopeo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:The burden of proof lies on you to prove that Hamas's missiles aren't so bad, really.
And remember that feathers have a 220 million year head start, so when we compare numbers, we'll have to take that into account.

No feathers, but how about this?

The lopsided death tolls in Israel-Palestinian conflicts

These are not surprising figures. During 2012's Operation Pillar of Defense, 167 Palestinians were killed by the Israeli military, according to human rights group B’Tselem, who said that less than half of that number were believed to be taking part in hostilities. The same report said six Israelis had died: Four civilians and two members of the Israeli security forces. In the 2008-2009 Gaza War, the pattern was also evident. According to numbers released by the Israeli Defense Force, 1,166 Palestinians died during that conflict, 709 of which the IDF said were "Hamas terror operatives." Thirteen Israelis died, three of whom were non-combatants.

This more implies that Israel is much better at fighting than Palestine, and that Hamas should invest in tactics instead of just weaponry if they don't want to look embarrassing. Missiles, of course, still kill, even if you're really bad at using them.
Center-right libertarian LockeabooEconomic: 4.13
Meme addict :^)Social: -3.44
Manga is literatureWill probably retake once every month or so, last updated 10/9/2018
RIP Balk
Crockerland wrote:Yes, we are aware, the Israelis protect their civilians with weapons while the Palestinians protect their weapons with civilians.

User avatar
Panco Lune
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: Dec 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Panco Lune » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Aelex wrote:
Panco Lune wrote:He talked about it on his ig

Truly a trust-worthy source! :roll:

Yeah considering its coming straight from the man himself :)
Also anyone can go and edit his Wikipedia page so...

User avatar
Aelex
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11398
Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:00 pm

Panco Lune wrote:Yeah considering its coming straight from the man himself :)
Also anyone can go and edit his Wikipedia page so...

Because it's more likely someone edited his wiki page than he merely bullshited on his shitty insta-gram to try to get some attention. :roll:
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

User avatar
Xeng He
Minister
 
Posts: 2712
Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Xeng He » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:01 pm

The big question is: Is this going to appease Hamas? How about the Palestinian people? You still have tons of refugees who can't necessarily fit in that land, and, realistically speaking, no way of completely blocking Israelis from settling in Palestine. If, in the end, there's just a repeat of what happens again, I don't think a victory was really won here.

And of course, there's the cost...

User avatar
Proctopeo
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7412
Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Proctopeo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:01 pm

Panco Lune wrote:
Aelex wrote:Truly a trust-worthy source! :roll:

Yeah considering its coming straight from the man himself :)
Also anyone can go and edit his Wikipedia page so...

Yes, and anyone can go and check the history to see that some IP address vandalized it ten minutes ago, then go and undo that. If a bot already hasn't.
Center-right libertarian LockeabooEconomic: 4.13
Meme addict :^)Social: -3.44
Manga is literatureWill probably retake once every month or so, last updated 10/9/2018
RIP Balk
Crockerland wrote:Yes, we are aware, the Israelis protect their civilians with weapons while the Palestinians protect their weapons with civilians.

User avatar
Crockerland
Senator
 
Posts: 4366
Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crockerland » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:01 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:The burden of proof lies on you to prove that Hamas's missiles aren't so bad, really.
And remember that feathers have a 220 million year head start, so when we compare numbers, we'll have to take that into account.

No feathers, but how about this?

The lopsided death tolls in Israel-Palestinian conflicts

Yes, we are aware, the Israelis protect their civilians with weapons while the Palestinians protect their weapons with civilians.
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Self-defense/gun rights (no compromise), Biodiesel, Gay marriage, Transgender rights, Universal healthcare, Constitutional carry, Conservationism,


User avatar
Jamzmania
Senator
 
Posts: 4863
Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamzmania » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:02 pm

Xeng He wrote:The big question is: Is this going to appease Hamas? How about the Palestinian people? You still have tons of refugees who can't necessarily fit in that land, and, realistically speaking, no way of completely blocking Israelis from settling in Palestine. If, in the end, there's just a repeat of what happens again, I don't think a victory was really won here.

And of course, there's the cost...

This resolution changes very little, if anything, on the ground.
The Alexanderians wrote:"Fear no man or woman,
No matter what their size.
Call upon me,
And I will equalize."

-Engraved on the side of my M1911 .45

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 124086
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:03 pm

Jamzmania wrote:
Xeng He wrote:The big question is: Is this going to appease Hamas? How about the Palestinian people? You still have tons of refugees who can't necessarily fit in that land, and, realistically speaking, no way of completely blocking Israelis from settling in Palestine. If, in the end, there's just a repeat of what happens again, I don't think a victory was really won here.

And of course, there's the cost...

This resolution changes very little, if anything, on the ground.

Sure did rustle some jimmies, though.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm.
It be feelin' like the life that I’m livin' man out of control
Like every day I’m in a fight for my soul


It’s likely that one or two of you who’ll listen to this enjoy the liberal administration of a social lubricant in it’s many wonderful forms. I can tell by the head on ya. A drop o’ Buckfast, a bump a’ Marvyn K, a cup o’ psilocybin scald, an opium suppository or whatever you’re havin’ yourself. And we’re right there with ya, rubbin’ in the commotion lotion and chasing blue ghosts. Fuck it, d’ya know what I mean?

User avatar
Gauthier
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52887
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:03 pm

Xeng He wrote:The big question is: Is this going to appease Hamas? How about the Palestinian people? You still have tons of refugees who can't necessarily fit in that land, and, realistically speaking, no way of completely blocking Israelis from settling in Palestine. If, in the end, there's just a repeat of what happens again, I don't think a victory was really won here.

And of course, there's the cost...

Hamas gets slaughtered, the rest of the Palestinians get ethnically cleansed to Jordan or wherever because nobody civilized gives a fuck, happy ending for anyone who's not a Dirty Pali. *nod*
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

User avatar
Canadian Davsland
Minister
 
Posts: 2098
Founded: Feb 16, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Canadian Davsland » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Jamzmania wrote:
Canadian Davsland wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandatory_Palestine palestine did exist and l;and was stolen from them to create Israel.

Mandatory Palestine was not a country. It was, in effect, a British territory made up of land taken from the Ottomon Empire after WWI.


Yet it was called Palestine, Not Israel.
I support Left Wing Socialism, and I am Anti Capitalism, I support Egalitarianism, and I support Socialist Libertarianism. I also believe corporatism is a poison in the world, and is unfair to the poor and middle class.

SOCIALISTS OF NATIONSTATES, UNITE!!!
I am a Supporter of the Anti-austerity strikes and Left Wing Socialist parties in Europe. Socialism is the system of the people.
Economic Left/Right: -10.00, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.27

User avatar
Proctopeo
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7412
Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Proctopeo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Crockerland wrote:
Gauthier wrote:No feathers, but how about this?

The lopsided death tolls in Israel-Palestinian conflicts

Yes, we are aware, the Israelis protect their civilians with weapons while the Palestinians protect their weapons with civilians.

Sig'd. That is all.
Center-right libertarian LockeabooEconomic: 4.13
Meme addict :^)Social: -3.44
Manga is literatureWill probably retake once every month or so, last updated 10/9/2018
RIP Balk
Crockerland wrote:Yes, we are aware, the Israelis protect their civilians with weapons while the Palestinians protect their weapons with civilians.

User avatar
Uxupox
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13110
Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Uxupox » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:06 pm

Jamzmania wrote:
Xeng He wrote:The big question is: Is this going to appease Hamas? How about the Palestinian people? You still have tons of refugees who can't necessarily fit in that land, and, realistically speaking, no way of completely blocking Israelis from settling in Palestine. If, in the end, there's just a repeat of what happens again, I don't think a victory was really won here.

And of course, there's the cost...

This resolution changes very little, if anything, on the ground.


In reality it did nothing and the Israelis are continuing with their plans per usual.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

User avatar
Aelex
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11398
Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Uxupox wrote:In reality it did nothing and the Israelis are continuing with their plans per usual.

Well, it's the U.N after all. It's impotency only match the one of the league of nations.
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

User avatar
The East Marches
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13843
Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:09 pm

Aelex wrote:
Uxupox wrote:In reality it did nothing and the Israelis are continuing with their plans per usual.

Well, it's the U.N after all. It's impotency only match the one of the league of nations.


We were smart enough to keep out of the first one. If only we had been so wise the second time around.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.


Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

User avatar
Crockerland
Senator
 
Posts: 4366
Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crockerland » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Canadian Davsland wrote:
Jamzmania wrote:Mandatory Palestine was not a country. It was, in effect, a British territory made up of land taken from the Ottomon Empire after WWI.


Yet it was called Palestine, Not Israel.

"Palestine" referred to the entirety of both Israel (including Judea and Samaria) and Jordan, the latter taking up the vast majority of the land. "Palestinian" was never a unique culture, ethnicity, or nationality until nazi recruiter Hajj amin al-Husseini declared an independent Palestinian state on the 22nd of September, 1948 (Israel was founded May 14th of the same year).

The only reason any idea of a Palestinian ethnic, national, or cultural identity was ever conceived was specifically to create a sense of legitimization for ethnic cleansing attempts by Arab nations' forces against Jews in Israel.
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Self-defense/gun rights (no compromise), Biodiesel, Gay marriage, Transgender rights, Universal healthcare, Constitutional carry, Conservationism,


PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A m e n r i a, Bombadil, Da Klan, Euro Asian Republics, Far Easter Republic, Freezic Vast, Maineiacs, New haven america, Ngelmish, Nova Colombian Confederation, Prolific Sherpaposting, Reikoku, Salamandastron, Scomagia, Starkfield, The Black Party, Thuzbekistan, Vegvarak, Western Vale Confederacy

Advertisement

Remove ads