NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread II: Donald and Mike go to the White House

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do You Approve Of The Manner In Which Trump And His Team Are Handling The Transition?

Yes, absolutely
28%
Generally yes, but with some reservations that I'll post in the thread.
11%
Not sure/Neutral
13%
Generally no, but with some hopeful signs that I'll post in the thread
6%
Not at all
42%

Total votes : 770

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Arlenton » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:03 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Arlenton wrote:For what reason would he want to do that? ;)

Meeting new friends, exercise, fresh air, pokemon battles.

Or... Zuckerberg 2020.
Last edited by Arlenton on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:04 am

Novus America wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:That wall won't stop illegal immigration at all, as most of them come in from the airports and overstay their visas.

It will not stop all. But will stop some. But not really the point. Whether or not you think it is a good idea, walksxand fences along the border will be expanded.

I'm not so sure if the wall will be built. I mean the W Bush fence still isn't finished. I think a small portion maybe a mile or two will be built an Trump will make a big scene about it but I think the rest of it will never see the light of day
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:05 am

Arlenton wrote:

Or... Zuckerberg 2020.

Well if the republicans put a billionaire forward so can the democrats
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Romalae
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Romalae » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:05 am

Minoa wrote:Those who can fight the bad things about populism, please do: I count on you.

For me, I can't because of my disability and my inability to cope in such environments: this is why I have contemplated either emigration or suicide (apologies for being brutally honest). :(

Ah, don't do that. Politics is cyclical in nature, sooner or later the other side will come back to power when Americans decide they want change.
Economic Left/Right: -3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79

Ideology: somewhere between left-leaning centrism and social democracy
Other: irreligious, white, male

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:05 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Arlenton wrote:Or... Zuckerberg 2020.

Well if the republicans put a billionaire forward so can the democrats

At least ours would be legitimately successful and more self-made :P
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:06 am

The Rich Port wrote:
Minoa wrote:Chavez was to some extend lucky due to the high oil prices, although I didn't agree with his excessive takeovers of the media because for a good social democracy, one needs to allow open debate from all sides (apart from those that promote racial hatred, which is understandable since we’re all human beings).

... Did you just compare Hugo Chavez favorably to Donald Trump?

... Yeah, no, sounds about right. I'm just saying. Never thought about it that way before.

As for this post, you can safely assume that I was very unimpressed about how Chavez handled many things, being a member of RSF/RWB. For clarity, I was referring to Venezuela’s financial situation, the most basic essential that is coming undone in the country (sic).
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Balkenreich
Senator

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Balkenreich » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:07 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Balkenreich wrote:

We could always build a catapult or two.

Frequent flier miles dont count for them.

Ya know that could be turned into a reality tv show. Let's call it "Who wants to be in America?!" We can have the contestants voted out of America and sent flying by catapult

Members of congress get first round.

"Senator schumer! you have been voted out of the country, any last words?"
"Well i uh...i believe that russia tampered with the vot-" "Dont care, RELEASE! Ladies and gentlemen, todays catapult is manned by Men from the 1st artillery regiment of the United States Marine corps, lets give them a round of applause! Next up, the ENTIRE DNC!"
Mattis/Puller 2020
I don't gotta prove shit
American, full of vinegar and out of fucks to give.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:08 am

Minoa wrote:
Lazarus Happy Insurance Corp wrote:Protest. I respect and admire your courage. I even hope you win.

Novus America wrote:And sure protest if you wish. As long as peacefully. Just it will not change the situation. Sure it can have use in certain cases. But will not be effective here.

Those who can fight the bad things about populism, please do: I count on you.

For me, I can't because of my disability and my inability to cope in such environments: this is why I have contemplated either emigration or suicide (apologies for being brutally honest). :(

you should still send a message to the republican elite telling them how the measures they intend to enact will hurt you. the more people who do that the more they might start thinking of the effect these things might have, even if its only politically.
whatever

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:09 am

The Rich Port wrote:
Novus America wrote:It will not stop all. But will stop some. But not really the point. Whether or not you think it is a good idea, walksxand fences along the border will be expanded.

Whether it is, at all, a good idea.

Also, I doubt it. I think even Trump's cabinet and the almost-all-Republican senate is already sick of Trump's shit and will not be passing anything regarding his more ridiculous measures.

I think a small section of the wall will be built but the rest will end up like the Bush 2 fence. Besides this thing is going to be in court for a long damn time, the Native American reservations aren't going to let it though and neither will several private land owners. There's going to be massive lawsuit and a stay on the construction of the wall while it gets built. I don't think it's going to get built until at least 2018 maybe 2020
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:09 am

Ashmoria wrote:
Minoa wrote:
Those who can fight the bad things about populism, please do: I count on you.

you should still send a message to the republican elite telling them how the measures they intend to enact will hurt you. the more people who do that the more they might start thinking of the effect these things might have, even if its only politically.

In my case, it’s the Brexit and the IPA. Privacy International is taking up on the IPA case.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:11 am

Arlenton wrote:

Or... Zuckerberg 2020.

If he was running for president, why not just say it?

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:12 am

Minoa wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:you should still send a message to the republican elite telling them how the measures they intend to enact will hurt you. the more people who do that the more they might start thinking of the effect these things might have, even if its only politically.

In my case, it’s the Brexit and the IPA. Privacy International is taking up on the IPA case.

its still worth contacting your government to voice your concerns. how else can they know?
whatever

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:12 am

The Rich Port wrote:
Novus America wrote:It will not stop all. But will stop some. But not really the point. Whether or not you think it is a good idea, walksxand fences along the border will be expanded.

Whether it is, at all, a good idea.

Also, I doubt it. I think even Trump's cabinet and the almost-all-Republican senate is already sick of Trump's shit and will not be passing anything regarding his more ridiculous measures.

Well it is more nuanced. Almost all Republicans want more border security. They are not going to build an actual wall along every inch. But will pass a bill greatly expanding and improving existing barriers. Which is not ridiculous.

"Build the wall" is very vague. Obviously they are not going to implement his policies to the most extreme level, which is not what he wants anyways.

Twitter is 140 characters or less. Bills are not. Trump exaggerates. Also how he negotiates is ask for more than you want than dial it back to what you actually want. So it only looks like you are giving something up. Which is not unusual in business.

Point is not if the policies will be implemented are in your or my opinion "good" or not.
Point is the Republicans won and have every right to implement the policies they wish to (within the bounds of the constitution). And you have every right to protest just like every election. And life goes on.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:14 am

Arlenton wrote:Or... Zuckerberg 2020.

If he was running for president, why not just say it?

He seems to be taking baby steps. Did Jeb Bush/Hillary Clinton/Ted Cruz/Marco Rubio/Rand Paul/etc announce in 2013? No, but they began travelling around more, doing stunts, and grabbing attention.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:16 am

Arlenton wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:If he was running for president, why not just say it?

He seems to be taking baby steps. Did Jeb Bush/Hillary Clinton/Ted Cruz/Marco Rubio/Rand Paul/etc announce in 2013? No, but they began travelling around more, doing stunts, and grabbing attention.

Come on we all knew that Clinton would be running in 2016 don't use her as an example
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:16 am

Novus America wrote:
The Republicans won, and will implement their policies as the have every right and power to do.
You have every right to protest. But it will not change their minds. They do not really care what you think. Most people will simply wait and see if the economy improves anyways, which is what they care about the most.

Except for human rights, LGBT people, mexicans and people assaulted by hate crimes.

There was a surge of hate crimes reported and while some but not all cases are hearsay, people will care.

It can change people's minds.

Balkenreich
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Balkenreich » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:16 am

Arlenton wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:If he was running for president, why not just say it?

>Zucc 2020

Yea, id unironically vote for trump if that dickhead is the best the democrats can come up with.
Mattis/Puller 2020
I don't gotta prove shit

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:18 am

Arlenton wrote:

Hillary was going to run anyway, poor example.

But, if so then,he has the right to.

If his policies are good, then I will support him.

If he wins DNC, I will support him.

If he has a chance at beating Trump in 2020, I will support him.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:18 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Novus America wrote:
It will not stop all. But will stop some. But not really the point. Whether or not you think it is a good idea, walksxand fences along the border will be expanded.

I'm not so sure if the wall will be built. I mean the W Bush fence still isn't finished. I think a small portion maybe a mile or two will be built an Trump will make a big scene about it but I think the rest of it will never see the light of day

Well an actual wall the entire border will not be built of course. Something even Trump acknowledged. But existing walls and fences will be improved and expanded.

Build the wall is a Twitter meme, not an actual policy. The actual policy will be different than what some picture "build the wall" to mean, sure.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:19 am

Balkenreich wrote:
Arlenton wrote:He seems to be taking baby steps. Did Jeb Bush/Hillary Clinton/Ted Cruz/Marco Rubio/Rand Paul/etc announce in 2013? No, but they began travelling around more, doing stunts, and grabbing attention.

>Zucc 2020

Yea, id unironically vote for trump if that dickhead is the best the democrats can come up with.

It's going to be so hard for me take part in the 2020 Presidential Election threads without calling him Z U C C...

Balkenreich
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Balkenreich » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:20 am

Arlenton wrote:
Balkenreich wrote:>Zucc 2020

It's going to be so hard for me take part in the 2020 Presidential Election threads without calling him Z U C C...

"YOUR WEBSITE IS SHIT AND SO ARE YOU!"

"CANT CENSOR THIS, SUCKOBERG!!!"
Mattis/Puller 2020
I don't gotta prove shit

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:21 am

Novus America wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I'm not so sure if the wall will be built. I mean the W Bush fence still isn't finished. I think a small portion maybe a mile or two will be built an Trump will make a big scene about it but I think the rest of it will never see the light of day

Well an actual wall the entire border will not be built of course. Something even Trump acknowledged. But existing walls and fences will be improved and expanded.

Build the wall is a Twitter meme, not an actual policy. The actual policy will be different than what some picture "build the wall" to mean, sure.

A meme that he forced into realty.

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:21 am

Arlenton wrote:He seems to be taking baby steps. Did Jeb Bush/Hillary Clinton/Ted Cruz/Marco Rubio/Rand Paul/etc announce in 2013? No, but they began travelling around more, doing stunts, and grabbing attention.

Look at the other dozen examples if you don't like Hillary.

He is doing exactly what a future presidential candidate would do. He even quit being an atheist.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:21 am

He has every right to run. But running a hard core neoliberal globalist is probably not the best bet right now. Why him of all people?
Last edited by Novus America on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General