NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread II: Donald and Mike go to the White House

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do You Approve Of The Manner In Which Trump And His Team Are Handling The Transition?

Yes, absolutely
28%
Generally yes, but with some reservations that I'll post in the thread.
11%
Not sure/Neutral
13%
Generally no, but with some hopeful signs that I'll post in the thread
6%
Not at all
42%

Total votes : 770

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Kravanica wrote:
Astrolinium wrote:
Sure, but I actually don't know many actual communists that seemed to like Hillary. One of her most persistent problems, in fact, was her inability to energize the far left. Whereas the KKK endorsed Donald Trump and white supremacists turned out for him en masse on election day.

Are there statistics on white supremacist turnout for Trump?

Definition of a meme:

: an amusing or interesting picture, video, etc., that is spread widely through the Internet

wew

How are accusations that Donald Trump emboldens white supremacists like the KKK a "meme"?

The image posted was, in fact, a meme.

I would classify it as a political cartoon but "the KKK meme has gotten stale" clearly refers to more than just that image.

As to statistics, I doubt many exit polls asked, "Do you believe that whites are inherently better", but, well, I doubt the nation's white supremacists voted for anyone else, given the way they all very publicly love Trump.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:05 pm

People calling random things "memes" are simply people who just want to discredit something just by calling it a meme, because, bonus, they don't know what memes are.

A meme is any idea or concept spread via the Internet.

Trump being endorsed by the KKK isn't a meme, it's a fact.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Southerly Gentleman
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Southerly Gentleman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:10 pm

The Rich Port wrote:People calling random things "memes" are simply people who just want to discredit something just by calling it a meme, because, bonus, they don't know what memes are.

Said fact was never being disputed by anyone in this thread.
電光石火Lightning fast
For: RAGE, hypercapitalism, national fragmentation, city-states, transhumanism
Against: Feminism, identity politics, gun control, liberal-progressivism

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:25 pm

Southerly Gentleman wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:People calling random things "memes" are simply people who just want to discredit something just by calling it a meme, because, bonus, they don't know what memes are.

Said fact was never being disputed by anyone in this thread.

So facts are memes now?

Not everything is a meme.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Southerly Gentleman
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southerly Gentleman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:27 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Southerly Gentleman wrote:Said fact was never being disputed by anyone in this thread.

So facts are memes now?

huh? I never implied that
電光石火Lightning fast

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:34 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
So facts are memes now?

huh? I never implied that

Whatever person did, is doing, and will do, then.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Southerly Gentleman
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southerly Gentleman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:42 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Southerly Gentleman wrote:huh? I never implied that

In a certain interpretation, facts can be memes. The broadest definition of a meme is "an idea, behavior, or style was which spreads from person to person within a culture". So, it isn't limited to just the Internet.
電光石火Lightning fast

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:43 pm

Astrolinium wrote:
Kravanica wrote:Yeah, and the Communist Party certainly seemed to like Hillary. What's your point? Just because some fringe group likes a candidate doesn't mean that fringe group represents said candidate.

And I'm pretty sure I do.

Sure, but I actually don't know many actual communists that seemed to like Hillary. One of her most persistent problems, in fact, was her inability to energize the far left. Whereas the KKK endorsed Donald Trump and white supremacists turned out for him en masse on election day.

Definition of a meme:

: an amusing or interesting picture, video, etc., that is spread widely through the Internet

How are accusations that Donald Trump emboldens white supremacists like the KKK a "meme"?

Trump may have had the support of a few fascists/white nationalists, but pointing that out leads me to believe either one of two things.
(1. You want to subtly imply Trump is fascist/wn without saying it outright.
(2. You're going to say it outright.

Neither are true. Is he a protectionist and more authoritarian than most in the GOP? Sure. Fascist or white nationalist? Not at all. Not that this means much, but he managed to outperform Romney with Hispanics and Blacks.
Last edited by Major-Tom on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:49 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Astrolinium wrote:

Definition of a meme:

Trump may have had the support of a few fascists/white nationalists, but pointing that out leads me to believe either one of two things.
(1. You want to subtly imply Trump is fascist/wn without saying it outright.
(2. You're going to say it outright.

Neither are true. Is he a protectionist and more authoritarian than most in the GOP? Sure. Fascist or white nationalist? Not at all. Not that this means much, but he managed to outperform Romney with Hispanics and Blacks.

I don't think he himself is a fascist, but I think he emboldens fascists, and I think he courts them and white supremacists through dogwhistling, and if not stopped, he potentially paves the way for fascists to gain serious ground in the United States in the future. How he outperformed Romney, I don't know, but he is absolutely no friend to minorities, especially Hispanics.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:49 pm

The Rich Port wrote:

In a certain interpretation, facts can be memes. The broadest definition of a meme is "an idea, behavior, or style was which spreads from person to person within a culture". So, it isn't limited to just the Internet.

Facts =/= ideas or concepts.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Southerly Gentleman
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southerly Gentleman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:13 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Southerly Gentleman wrote:In a certain interpretation, facts can be memes. The broadest definition of a meme is "an idea, behavior, or style was which spreads from person to person within a culture". So, it isn't limited to just the Internet.

Facts =/= ideas or concepts.

that's true.
電光石火Lightning fast

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Arlenton » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:21 pm

KKK also endorsed Reagan. He just handled it better.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:22 pm

People claiming to be KKK members have endorsed him certainly. But the KKK no longer exists a single group or united organization. So "the KKK" is not really correct. "A KKK", "KKKs" or "group(s) claiming to be the KKK would be more accurate.

"The third and current manifestation of the KKK emerged after 1950, in the form of small, local, unconnected groups that use the KKK name. They have focused on opposition to the Civil Rights Movement, often using violence and murder to suppress activists."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan

So it is a bit more complicated.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005

Postby The Lone Alliance » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:23 pm

Kravanica wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
I feel that Obama and his predecessors were trying to move from a bilateral foreign policy to a multilateral one that benefits all countries.

However, bilateralism is the way the world has been working since the Cold War, not sure if it'll change any time soon.

An incredibly naïve policy is what it was.

Well he was a believer in the "Post American World"

But Obama was always pretty naive... I think that got beat out of him after 8 years...
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:25 pm

The PBS News Hour just made a valid point: All those Trump hotels all over the world are going to be terrorist bait. Is he going to spend government resources protecting them?
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:30 pm

Gauthier wrote:The PBS News Hour just made a valid point: All those Trump hotels all over the world are going to be terrorist bait. Is he going to spend government resources protecting them?

Insurance rates subsidized?
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Kravanica
Senator

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:34 pm

Astrolinium wrote:
Kravanica wrote:Are there statistics on white supremacist turnout for Trump?

wew

The image posted was, in fact, a meme.

I would classify it as a political cartoon but "the KKK meme has gotten stale" clearly refers to more than just that image.

I think you're reading a bit too much into it.

As to statistics, I doubt many exit polls asked, "Do you believe that whites are inherently better", but, well, I doubt the nation's white supremacists voted for anyone else, given the way they all very publicly love Trump.

So you have no evidence. All right then.
The Kravanican Realm (PMT)
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
My nation does not represent my RL views

American and Jewish
Conservatarian with various "right-wing" leanings

Southerly Gentleman
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Southerly Gentleman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:35 pm

Gauthier wrote:The PBS News Hour just made a valid point: All those Trump hotels all over the world are going to be terrorist bait. Is he going to spend government resources protecting them?

Lolno. Defense of Trump corporate assets will serve as the pretext for us to form Trumpist paramilitaries, which will then execute the God-Emperor's will without formalities holding us back.
電光石火Lightning fast

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:37 pm

Lolno. Defense of Trump corporate assets will serve as the pretext for us to form Trumpist paramilitaries, which will then execute the God-Emperor's will without formalities holding us back.

You think you're being clever and funny, then find out some people actually buy into that shit intravenously.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:39 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Southerly Gentleman wrote:Lolno. Defense of Trump corporate assets will serve as the pretext for us to form Trumpist paramilitaries, which will then execute the God-Emperor's will without formalities holding us back.

You think you're being clever and funny, then find out some people actually buy into that shit intravenously.

Like Momma Gump always said "Stupid is as stupid does."
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Kravanica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:43 pm

I'd imagine they'd employ private security.

American and Jewish

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Gauthier wrote:You think you're being clever and funny, then find out some people actually buy into that shit intravenously.

If someone seriously formed a Trumpquisition there would be a frightening lack of shortage on volunteers.
Last edited by Gauthier on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inchland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 26, 2007

Postby Inchland » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:45 pm

Kravanica wrote:

I'd imagine they'd employ private security.

It'll more than likely be an internally handled thing I would think.
CELESTIAL DIVINITIES and NIGHTKILL THE EMPEROR and DENECAEP and KALASION and WWII History Geeks Asked To Be Here, I Said Yes.

Recipient of the Hahklallian Smartness Award, awarded to me by Hahklallah

Nightkill The Emperor again..... Just because
Tsarsgrad was here.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:47 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

If someone seriously formed a Trumpquisition there would be a frightening lack of shortage on volunteers.

And why would there be? They would help the Good Guys win on all fronts against The Enemy.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Kravanica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:47 pm

Inchland wrote:
Kravanica wrote:I'd imagine they'd employ private security.

It'll more than likely be an internally handled thing I would think.

Possibly. But there would be a huge shitfit if the military handled it so I think they're smart enough to go for private security (even though the government already protects the assets of certain companies I think).

American and Jewish

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General