NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread VII: As Easy As Reich Two Three

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you could ensure the survival of one empire at their height, which would it be?

1 - The German Empire
19%
2 - The French Empire
6%
3 - The Spanish Empire
5%
4 - The British Empire
24%
5 - The Mongol Empire
3%
6 - The Abbasid Caliphate
4%
7 - The Roman Empire
24%
8 - The Qing Dynasty
2%
9 - Imperial Japan
3%
10 - The Russian Empire
10%

Total votes : 497

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:25 pm

Lavochkin wrote:If you'll do the same, I'll ignore my first 2 arguments since I could easily counter your arguments with that you made it purposely vague or left it to interpretation, but that would be off-topic.

What are you talking about? I didn't make anything purposefully vague or open to interpretation.
Lavochkin wrote:"I just linked to whatever showed up on Google. I'm not interested in defending the sources, because that'd be really boring. There are many others, if you want to go looking yourself. I didn't have to present anything. My statement that "millennials are not especially entitled" is a null hypothesis. You've provided no contradicting evidence, so I am entirely justified in maintaining the null hypothesis even if I assume you're right about those articles I linked to."
Defending why millennials aren't entitled was a lot easier than defending why they are since I gave you no criteria for why they are entitled. However I now will because there are many reasons why:

1. They want job promotions despite no experience and believe a college education is all that is needed.
2. They complain when degrees like a liberal arts degree fail to find them a job.
3. Millennials were raised with a "everybody's a winner" mentality. If they don't get 1st place, they feel they got last place.
4. Reliance on technology makes them incapable of working without it.
5. They lack patience and want everything now because they were raised with technology that created near instant results.

Of course millennials will deny this and since they make up the majority of the workforce, articles on it slimming down. However ask any business owners (even millennial business owners) and they will describe their issues and many evidence still exist.

Lavochkin wrote:"You said that Santa "eventually" leads to a welfare state."
BECAUSE...

not "Santa leads to a welfare state".

I don't know what you're trying to say here.

Ostrovshima
Envoy

Founded: Sep 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ostrovshima » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:28 pm

If I may interject,

I do not want to sound crass, rude, impolite, uncouth, or inconsiderate, but in my honest opinion, the discussion about whether or not Millennials (and presumably by association, Post-Millennials such as myself) has become quite... erm... would "a cancerous blot upon the sanctity and honorable reputation of the RWDT" suffice?

Anyway,

The notion that individuals in the demographic of "Millennials" (and by association Post-Millennials), are lazy, entitled brats is not a new notion. In fact, tis what the Baby Boomers thought of Generation X. Tis also what the Greatest Generation thought about the Baby Boomers. Sentiments such as these have been around for the entirety of recorded history. Tis indeed quite bothersome.

Therefore, I politely implore you to cease the cancerous discussion within a reasonable amount of time.

Thank you.
THIS IS The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord's MODERN-TECH ROLEPLAYING NATION | NEEDS A CANON TO CALL HOME
THIS NATION PARTIALLY USES NS STATS (Is a Developed Inoffensive Centrist Democracy with a Strong IT Industry)
LOCATION: The Ostrovshiman Islands in the southwestern North Pacific
CURRENT YEAR: 201X CE
PRESIDENT: Alexander Nagasawa
GOVERNMENT TYPE: Unitary Semi-Presidential Constitutional Republic
Recent News (January 1st, 201X): GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS~Landslide victory for Liberal Party in both houses of the National Diet~Former CEO of Nagasawa Industries, philanthropist, and politician Alexander Nagasawa elected youngest President of Ostrovshima at age 40 with 66.667% of vote.

Lavochkin
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lavochkin » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:59 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Lavochkin wrote:If you'll do the same, I'll ignore my first 2 arguments since I could easily counter your arguments with that you made it purposely vague or left it to interpretation, but that would be off-topic.

What are you talking about? I didn't make anything purposefully vague or open to interpretation.
Lavochkin wrote:"I just linked to whatever showed up on Google. I'm not interested in defending the sources, because that'd be really boring. There are many others, if you want to go looking yourself. I didn't have to present anything. My statement that "millennials are not especially entitled" is a null hypothesis. You've provided no contradicting evidence, so I am entirely justified in maintaining the null hypothesis even if I assume you're right about those articles I linked to."
Defending why millennials aren't entitled was a lot easier than defending why they are since I gave you no criteria for why they are entitled. However I now will because there are many reasons why:

1. They want job promotions despite no experience and believe a college education is all that is needed.
2. They complain when degrees like a liberal arts degree fail to find them a job.
3. Millennials were raised with a "everybody's a winner" mentality. If they don't get 1st place, they feel they got last place.
4. Reliance on technology makes them incapable of working without it.
5. They lack patience and want everything now because they were raised with technology that created near instant results.

Of course millennials will deny this and since they make up the majority of the workforce, articles on it slimming down. However ask any business owners (even millennial business owners) and they will describe their issues and many evidence still exist.

Lavochkin wrote:"You said that Santa "eventually" leads to a welfare state."
BECAUSE...

not "Santa leads to a welfare state".

I don't know what you're trying to say here.

"What are you talking about? I didn't make anything purposefully vague or open to interpretation."
It doesn't relate to what I'm trying to say so if it makes your little boat happy, you win! You're better than me! Blah blah whatev.

Really? You're gonna slap me with a "need citation" when you gave me a boatload of crap that you didn't even read and then stated you were not going to read or argue cause it was boring?

https://www.quora.com/Do-millennials-fe ... enerations
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... -parenting
http://www.alternet.org/culture/millenn ... neration-y
http://www.inquiriesjournal.com/article ... ntitlement
http://fortune.com/2016/07/12/employers ... llennials/
http://www.unicornsrule.com/rainbows-and-unicorns/

"I don't know what you're trying to say here."
What are you trying to say? I already said what I was trying to say.
✫ The Federated States of Lavochkin ✫
✪ Федеративные Штаты Лавочкина ✪
⚜ De av forent stater av Lavochkin ⚜
Из пепла, к звездам
Из пепла, к звездам

Fra asken, til stjernene
Fra asken, til stjernene

Delegate for The Empire of Oppression (62nd largest region and growing!)

We pray for those who have lost a member or a loved one during the tragedies of 2016/2017

Lavochkin
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lavochkin » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:00 pm

Ostrovshima wrote:If I may interject,

I do not want to sound crass, rude, impolite, uncouth, or inconsiderate, but in my honest opinion, the discussion about whether or not Millennials (and presumably by association, Post-Millennials such as myself) has become quite... erm... would "a cancerous blot upon the sanctity and honorable reputation of the RWDT" suffice?

Anyway,

The notion that individuals in the demographic of "Millennials" (and by association Post-Millennials), are lazy, entitled brats is not a new notion. In fact, tis what the Baby Boomers thought of Generation X. Tis also what the Greatest Generation thought about the Baby Boomers. Sentiments such as these have been around for the entirety of recorded history. Tis indeed quite bothersome.

Therefore, I politely implore you to cease the cancerous discussion within a reasonable amount of time.

Thank you.

Interjecting cancer with cancer that has already been stated does not help.
✫ The Federated States of Lavochkin ✫
✪ Федеративные Штаты Лавочкина ✪
⚜ De av forent stater av Lavochkin ⚜
Из пепла, к звездам
Из пепла, к звездам

Fra asken, til stjernene
Fra asken, til stjernene

Delegate for The Empire of Oppression (62nd largest region and growing!)

We pray for those who have lost a member or a loved one during the tragedies of 2016/2017

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:17 pm

Ostrovshima wrote:If I may interject,

Anyway,

Thank you.

Yeah. Everyone thinks of the generation after them in this way at some point. Then the kids of that generation grow-up and think that way about the kids after them. By this definition, everyone would have been cancerous at some point-which is a rather pessimistic view. We're all bratty and petty and stuffy sometimes. It happens. But we all (mostly) grow out of it.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:20 pm

Luminesa wrote:Yeah. Everyone thinks of the generation after them in this way at some point. Then the kids of that generation grow-up and think that way about the kids after them. By this definition, everyone would have been cancerous at some point-which is a rather pessimistic view. We're all bratty and petty and stuffy sometimes. It happens. But we all (mostly) grow out of it.

Socrates wrote:The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:23 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Yeah. Everyone thinks of the generation after them in this way at some point. Then the kids of that generation grow-up and think that way about the kids after them. By this definition, everyone would have been cancerous at some point-which is a rather pessimistic view. We're all bratty and petty and stuffy sometimes. It happens. But we all (mostly) grow out of it.

Socrates wrote:The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room.

All kids show this at some point or another, though. Contempt for authority and disrespect of elders is also nothing new. It might be more prevelant now, but not every millennial is a delusional tyrant.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:24 pm

Luminesa wrote:All kids show this at some point or another, though. Contempt for authority and disrespect of elders is also nothing new. It might be more prevelant now, but not every millennial is a delusional tyrant.

See me, hear me, obey me.
:p
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Luminesa wrote:

All kids show this at some point or another, though. Contempt for authority and disrespect of elders is also nothing new. It might be more prevelant now, but not every millennial is a delusional tyrant.

No, no, I'm agreeing with you. The sentiment has been around forever; even Socrates said it was what I was going for. Not that I agree with Socrates. :lol:
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Ostrovshima
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostrovshima » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Luminesa wrote:

I, however, am quite the delusional tyrant, although my parents say that my strong desires to be God Emperor of the Universe (That I have possessed since I was a young child.) are quite unhealthy for a young man of my age.

Ah well, at least I can settle for cult leader for the time being.
THIS IS The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord's MODERN-TECH ROLEPLAYING NATION | NEEDS A CANON TO CALL HOME
THIS NATION PARTIALLY USES NS STATS (Is a Developed Inoffensive Centrist Democracy with a Strong IT Industry)
Recent News (January 1st, 201X): GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS~Landslide victory for Liberal Party in both houses of the National Diet~Former CEO of Nagasawa Industries, philanthropist, and politician Alexander Nagasawa elected youngest President of Ostrovshima at age 40 with 66.667% of vote.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:38 pm

Luminesa wrote:All kids show this at some point or another, though. Contempt for authority and disrespect of elders is also nothing new. It might be more prevelant now, but not every millennial is a delusional tyrant.

No, no, I'm agreeing with you. The sentiment has been around forever; even Socrates said it was what I was going for. Not that I agree with Socrates. :lol:

Ah. I was confused as to why you posted our posts together. Lol. Cool. :3
-Alan Jackson

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:38 pm

Ostrovshima wrote:I, however, am quite the delusional tyrant, although my parents say that my strong desires to be God Emperor of the Universe (That I have possessed since I was a young child.) are quite unhealthy for a young man of my age.

I actually wanted to take over the world when I was younger. Mostly because I saw a bunch of greedy nincompoops mowing people down and thought I could do better.

Ostrovshima
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostrovshima » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:41 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:
Ostrovshima wrote:I, however, am quite the delusional tyrant, although my parents say that my strong desires to be God Emperor of the Universe (That I have possessed since I was a young child.) are quite unhealthy for a young man of my age.

I actually wanted to take over the world when I was younger. Mostly because I saw a bunch of greedy nincompoops mowing people down and thought I could do better.

I still want to take over the world... is that normal for an adolescent male?

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Daily reminder Baby Boombers fucked the country.

Hi hi, all.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:45 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:I actually wanted to take over the world when I was younger. Mostly because I saw a bunch of greedy nincompoops mowing people down and thought I could do better.

Problem is, in order to get to a position of power where one can absolutely stop greedy bastards mowing people down, it helps to be a greedy bastard willing to mow people down.

The eternal struggle

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:47 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:I actually wanted to take over the world when I was younger. Mostly because I saw a bunch of greedy nincompoops mowing people down and thought I could do better.

Problem is, in order to get to a position of power where one can absolutely stop greedy bastards mowing people down, it helps to be a greedy bastard willing to mow people down.
The eternal struggle

Unfortunately. :(

Dilordaopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilordaopia » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:47 pm

Ostrovshima wrote:

Just nuke everyone who opposess you.
Glory to you.
Copy and paste this into your signature [if you know that more votes does not mean victory in the American electoral system
Main language: Czech
Alphabet: Glagolitic
Socialist nation that worships old Slavic Pagan gods.
So i was reading Christian gospels and decided to make a time warp.
we iz Christian nao.
Genocide, fascism, Israel (not Nethanyahu), America (Trump), Russia (Putin),
anti-feminism, anti-whining, ultra-nationalism.
Everything that doesn't agree with me.
Alt account of Police state of France

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:48 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Daily reminder Baby Boombers fucked the country.

Hi hi, all.

Not really. I mean, don't get me wrong, the attitude many of the Baby Boomers have is toxic, nostalgic to a degree that the Greatest Generation and Generation X both seem to have avoided in large part, but really, our current situation is just a continuation of an entrenched societal problem whose causes have been exacerbated by technological and social progress.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:48 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:Unfortunately. :(

Makes one appreciate good leaders, though, that's for sure. :lol:

Ostrovshima
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostrovshima » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:50 pm

Dilordaopia wrote:
Ostrovshima wrote:

Just nuke everyone who opposess you.
Glory to you.

That would be an ethics violation.

Also, I politely implore you to cease advocating mass murder.

Thank you.
Last edited by Ostrovshima on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Daily reminder Baby Boombers fucked the country.

Hi hi, all.

Not really. I mean, don't get me wrong, the attitude many of the Baby Boomers have is toxic, nostalgic to a degree that the Greatest Generation and Generation X both seem to have avoided in large part, but really, our current situation is just a continuation of an entrenched societal problem whose causes have been exacerbated by technological and social progress.

The Baby Boomers were screwed over by the previous generation. Forced to fight in Vietnam and coming home to Watergate. It would make a lot of people toxic and angry.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:53 pm

Geilinor wrote:The Baby Boomers were screwed over by the previous generation. Forced to fight in Vietnam and coming home to Watergate. It would make a lot of people toxic and angry.

By and large Baby Boomers weren't the ones fighting in 'Nam. That dubious honor belongs to the Silent Generation. Baby Boomers were shaped by growing up in the 'Nam era, surrounded by the nasty discourse that had grown around it et co.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:56 pm

Geilinor wrote:The Baby Boomers were screwed over by the previous generation. Forced to fight in Vietnam and coming home to Watergate. It would make a lot of people toxic and angry.

By and large Baby Boomers weren't the ones fighting in 'Nam. That dubious honor belongs to the Silent Generation. Baby Boomers were shaped by growing up in the 'Nam era, surrounded by the nasty discourse that had grown around it et co.

Oh, right. I forgot that the Silent Generation existed.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Dilordaopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilordaopia » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:58 pm

Ostrovshima wrote:
Dilordaopia wrote:Just nuke everyone who opposess you.
Glory to you.

Thank you.

My fellow chap of sophisticated nature, if i were to comply with your request, i would not be able to share my violent dreams of absolute obliteration of the persons i would insultingly name "pieces that compose feces".
Copy and paste this into your signature [if you know that more votes does not mean victory in the American electoral system
Main language: Czech
Alphabet: Glagolitic
Socialist nation that worships old Slavic Pagan gods.
So i was reading Christian gospels and decided to make a time warp.
we iz Christian nao.
Genocide, fascism, Israel (not Nethanyahu), America (Trump), Russia (Putin),
anti-feminism, anti-whining, ultra-nationalism.
Everything that doesn't agree with me.
Alt account of Police state of France

Ostrovshima
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostrovshima » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:00 pm

Dilordaopia wrote:
Ostrovshima wrote:

Thank you.

My fellow chap of sophisticated nature, if i were to comply with your request, i would not be able to share my violent dreams of absolute obliteration of the persons i would insultingly name "pieces that compose feces".

Fine gentlemanly individual, while I am fairly certain that we have all had violent dreams, tis a possible violation of the rules of this website.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General