NATION

PASSWORD

Stupid Crap Teachers Told You

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chetssaland
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Wiztopia wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
Marcurix wrote:snip

I would have refused to leave.

That would've only made it worse. Just take your punishment and let the teacher be wrong.

I don't give a shit. A hypocrite like that deserves a nice punch in the face actually.

Right, go ahead and try that. It doesn't matter what they deserve. The fact is, they're your boss. Wether you disagree with what they say/do or not, just bite your lip and move on.

I have no boss. You're wrong. I'm not going to let them get away with being a hypocrite. That would just be stupid.

You must probably find yourself in the principal's office a lot, yes?

2nd PLT
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby 2nd PLT » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:18 pm

Grandais wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:That the Catholic Church teached for centuries that the Earth was flat.

*taught

On a similar subject, that Columbus sailed around the world to prove that the Earth wasn't flat. Fuck, the ANCIENT GREEKS knew that the world was round and tried to work out it circumference.
I haven't had this from a teacher I don't think, but most recently some Baptists I was arguing with in the city used it to support her argument (which of course didn't make sense since her argument was full of holes, contradictions and circular reasoning)
We continued 'arguing' for some time until her companion told me to shove off if I wasn't going to 'talk to Jesus about the same things you've talked to us about'
Anyway, people ask me why I don't like Baptists, but every one that I've met or heard about are fundies, and trying to talk to them is like arguing with a brick wall. You're never going to get anywhere, they're not going to acknowledge anything you say, keep saying the same things which make no sense, and use nonsensical and often wrong metaphors. I 'argued' with them for an hour and got absolutely nowhere.
I did get free tissues though.

[/derail]

That's worse than arguing with a brick wall.
At least a Brick wall will shut up, ya know?
President:Me
Vice President:Mana
First lady:Celestial Divinities
Secretary of State:Juthra
Treasurer:American Capitalist
Minister of Interior and Nukes:Kaputer
Minister of Waste Disposal:Toiletdonia
Press Secretary:Sivonaa
General of the Military:Picklepoo

Agreed. But hey, America's never really fought like a gentleman. We're more of a barroom drunk anyway.-Krazniastan
The height of ambition: A man standing on the pacific shore fapping and telling himself: "One day I am gonna fuck that ocean"-Big Jim P
Some people need to work to be made president. 2nd PLT just turns up on polling day.-Johz
Yes, but you have to remember, trolls live in a dimension between two and three, they are flat but appear to have space.-North Wiedna

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Grandais wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:That the Catholic Church teached for centuries that the Earth was flat.

*taught

Shit, let's just blame the lack of sleep I have had this weekend.

On a similar subject, that Columbus sailed around the world to prove that the Earth wasn't flat. Fuck, the ANCIENT GREEKS knew that the world was round and tried to work out it circumference.
I haven't had this from a teacher I don't think, but most recently some Baptists I was arguing with in the city used it to support her argument (which of course didn't make sense since her argument was full of holes, contradictions and circular reasoning)
We continued 'arguing' for some time until her companion told me to shove off if I wasn't going to 'talk to Jesus about the same things you've talked to us about'
Anyway, people ask me why I don't like Baptists, but every one that I've met or heard about are fundies, and trying to talk to them is like arguing with a brick wall. You're never going to get anywhere, they're not going to acknowledge anything you say, keep saying the same things which make no sense, and use nonsensical and often wrong metaphors. I 'argued' with them for an hour and got absolutely nowhere.
I did get free tissues though.[/derail]

That's true that is another part of the story
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:25 pm

Chetssaland wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

That would've only made it worse. Just take your punishment and let the teacher be wrong.

I don't give a shit. A hypocrite like that deserves a nice punch in the face actually.

Right, go ahead and try that. It doesn't matter what they deserve. The fact is, they're your boss. Wether you disagree with what they say/do or not, just bite your lip and move on.

I have no boss. You're wrong. I'm not going to let them get away with being a hypocrite. That would just be stupid.

I wonder how I would get sent to a principal if I'm out of school.

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Wiztopia wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

Ahhh so a drop out! Nice! President of Kazakhstan!
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

Ract
Envoy

Founded: Jun 02, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ract » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:46 pm

When I was in 4th grade (I suppose it was in 2000) we were asked if we did anything over the weekend. I said that I beat the high score on Snake on my mom's cell phone. My teacher said, "Wait, your mom has Snake on her cell phone? A cell phone with games on it? I find that hard to believe." I look back on that and say, "Really? Games on a cell phone is hard for you to believe?"

That is probably the dumbest thing one of my teachers ever said.

And my mom once told me that adults don't use words they don't know the meaning of. I have since found out that that is not true. :o

Chetssaland
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Wiztopia wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

I'm sure you'll go far in life.

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:52 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:I was told that everyone's opinion is equally valid and that all opinions matter.

This.

Also, Newton saw an apple fall from a tree and discovered gravity.
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Techno-Soviet wrote:
UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:I was told that everyone's opinion is equally valid and that all opinions matter.

This.

Also, Newton saw an apple fall from a tree and discovered gravity.

Pfft you got the story wrong already. See Newton was in a giant Mecha Fighting Space Lizards on Mars during the Third Plutonium War when all of a sudden while decapitating a foe whose head bounced off the ground Newton then screamed Gravity! and proceeded to jump on top the King of the Space Lizards squashing his guts out of his ribcage and that my friend is how gravity was invented and how Galactic Emperor Napoleon of Holy Terra conquered Mars with support from Supreme Dreadlord Issac Newton.
Last edited by Panzerjaeger on Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

Grandais
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandais » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:06 pm

Ract wrote:When I was in 4th grade (I suppose it was in 2000) we were asked if we did anything over the weekend. I said that I beat the high score on Snake on my mom's cell phone. My teacher said, "Wait, your mom has Snake on her cell phone? A cell phone with games on it? I find that hard to believe." I look back on that and say, "Really? Games on a cell phone is hard for you to believe?"

That is probably the dumbest thing one of my teachers ever said.

And my mom once told me that adults don't use words they don't know the meaning of. I have since found out that that is not true. :o

I fuckin' loved Snake as a kid. Still do, shame my phone doesn't have it.
DEFCON 5 [4] 3 2 1
Grandais News|Factbook|Embassies

Dazchan
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dazchan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:18 pm

Saint Jade IV wrote:
Dazchan wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Dazchan wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:
Tretskivucia wrote:In my Geography class (year 9) we got a map of the world and were asked to label where Australia is (This is in an Australian school).
Later, we got a map of Australia (with state boundaries marked but no names on it) and were asked to label the states and their capitals AND our teacher said: "If you're having trouble in labelling the states just ask me" :palm:

And what stupid crap did she teach you?

Yeah, I see no problem with that. It may be important to know name the states of Australia, especially if you live there.

I think he's referring to the fact that he's in 9th grade and being made to do the exact same task I gave my fourth graders last week.

...Oops, my mistake. I'm not sure what year 9 is in Australia but I'm sure its close to eight grade or high school. Yeah if you didn't know that by then, wow. I had all 50 states memorized with capitals and abbreviations in the fourth grade. I forgot some of the exact abbreviations but other than that...

Year nine students are around 14/15.

And we have no excuse for not knowing states by then - we only have six of them.

Did they have to label the territories as well? Because that might be where they got confused... :D

Even then it only brings the total count up to nine... eight if you only count the ones people give a shit about. :lol:
If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Chetssaland wrote:I wonder how I would get sent to a principal if I'm out of school.

I'm sure you'll go far in life.[/quote]

Why is it that the self proclaimed (we have no idea if you really are a teacher or not) teachers on this forum seem to need to resort to ad hominems rather then address arguments so often?
Did you see a ghost?

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:57 pm

Natapoc wrote:Why is it that the self proclaimed (we have no idea if you really are a teacher or not) teachers on this forum seem to need to resort to ad hominems rather then address arguments so often?

It's because they are morons who think that being out of school means being a drop out. :lol:
Last edited by Wiztopia on Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saint Jade IV
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Jade IV » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:13 pm

Wiztopia wrote:
Natapoc wrote:Why is it that the self proclaimed (we have no idea if you really are a teacher or not) teachers on this forum seem to need to resort to ad hominems rather then address arguments so often?

It's because they are morons who think that being out of school means being a drop out. :lol:

Nice flaming there. It really demonstrates your debate skills that you have to resort to flaming to make a point. :roll:

Maybe you should have listened to your teachers a little more in those English classes?
When you grow up, your heart dies.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of son of a b*tch or another.
RIP Dyakovo...we are all poorer for your loss.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:17 pm

Saint Jade IV wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

Nice flaming there. It really demonstrates your debate skills that you have to resort to flaming to make a point. :roll:

Maybe you should have listened to your teachers a little more in those English classes?

It was perhaps not the best way to phrase it considering the forum he is on but it is a fairly understandable response to what could easily be considered flame bait by the other poster.
Did you see a ghost?

Saint Jade IV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Jade IV » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:20 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

It was perhaps not the best way to phrase it considering the forum he is on but it is a fairly understandable response to what could easily be considered flame bait by the other poster.

Perhaps its because I am a mature, reasonable adult, but I stopped thinking that "moron" was an understandable response when I was 12. In fact, I don't think I ever thought it was. But then, I was raised to understand how the real world works.

And I don't think it was flamebait. It was merely a statement reflecting the views of the poster that people who drop out of school don't generally go very far. Naturally there are exceptions to this rule, as to any other, but on the whole its the truth.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of son of a b*tch or another.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Saint Jade IV wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

Perhaps its because I am a mature, reasonable adult, but I stopped thinking that "moron" was an understandable response when I was 12. In fact, I don't think I ever thought it was. But then, I was raised to understand how the real world works.

And I don't think it was flamebait. It was merely a statement reflecting the views of the poster that people who drop out of school don't generally go very far. Naturally there are exceptions to this rule, as to any other, but on the whole its the truth.

See this is what I mean by it is understandable.

A poor choice of words perhaps for a polite debate but his opposition seems to be unable to grasp that he did not claim to be a dropout. Simply that he was out of school. Which could very well mean that he graduated as per usual course and is now the CEO of a successful company or perhaps even a teacher himself.

From my perspective it seems you are assuming quite a bit about the people who disagree with you.
Did you see a ghost?

Saint Jade IV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Jade IV » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:32 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

A poor choice of words perhaps for a polite debate but his opposition seems to be unable to grasp that he did not claim to be a dropout. Simply that he was out of school. Which could very well mean that he graduated as per usual course and is now the CEO of a successful company or perhaps even a teacher himself.

From my perspective it seems you are assuming quite a bit about the people who disagree with you.

I doubt most people who are successful in life view the word moron as an appropriate word to refer to a person or group of people full stop. I imagine that they have more maturity.

2nd PLT
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby 2nd PLT » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:34 pm

I just want to pint out for a second that more success does NOT mean more maturity.

Agreed. But hey, America's never really fought like a gentleman. We're more of a barroom drunk anyway.-Krazniastan
The height of ambition: A man standing on the pacific shore fapping and telling himself: "One day I am gonna fuck that ocean"-Big Jim P
Some people need to work to be made president. 2nd PLT just turns up on polling day.-Johz
Yes, but you have to remember, trolls live in a dimension between two and three, they are flat but appear to have space.-North Wiedna

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:38 pm

2nd PLT wrote:I just want to pint out for a second that more success does NOT mean more maturity.

One history teacher told me that the dome of the rock was jewish temple and was built by Soloman even though its an islamic shrine.
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:41 pm

Western cuba wrote:
2nd PLT wrote:I just want to pint out for a second that more success does NOT mean more maturity.

One history teacher told me that the dome of the rock was jewish temple and was built by Soloman even though its an islamic shrine.

I wonder if he intended to say that it was built on top of the temple (or the former site of the temple)?
Did you see a ghost?

2nd PLT
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby 2nd PLT » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:43 pm

2nd PLT wrote:I just want to point out for a second that more success does NOT mean more maturity.

Maybe I should've made it more clear that this was NOT one of the stupid things a teacher has told me.

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Western cuba wrote:

I wonder if he intended to say that it was built on top of the temple (or the former site of the temple)?

It was a she also i said that to her she then got mad at me correcting her and said i got a detention for my foolishness of such a thing. :rofl:
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:51 pm

Saint Jade IV wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

I doubt most people who are successful in life view the word moron as an appropriate word to refer to a person or group of people full stop. I imagine that they have more maturity.

While I personally would not choose to use that type of language I find your claim interesting given that you have used the term "moron" to describe a person on this very forum in the past:

viewtopic.php?p=572987#p572987

Humerous only because of what you said above of course.
Last edited by Natapoc on Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you see a ghost?

Saint Jade IV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Jade IV » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:57 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

While I personally would not choose to use that type of language I find your claim interesting given that you have used the term "moron" to describe a person on this very forum in the past:

viewtopic.php?p=572987#p572987

Humerous only because of what you said above of course.

Reread the post. I wasn't referring to a specific poster or group of posters on this forum. I was referring to a generic personality type. The individual in question (who I'm quite sure is able to defend himself) was referring to specific posters. Myself, Ryadn, Dazchan and the other teachers on this forum who happen to disagree with him.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General