NATION

PASSWORD

Stupid Crap Teachers Told You

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Solyhniya wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
Tretskivucia wrote:My school teachers tell you:
Communism = dictatorship
Communism = evil and undemocratic

My little girl came home from school just a few weeks ago having learned that valuable lesson.

American schools are so ridiculously partisan and insular it's almost comical.

Is it true there are such things as Coca-Cola sponsored schools in the US?

Absolutely not. Pepsi sponsored my high school.
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Orumbia
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Orumbia » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:02 pm

Riveara wrote:Nobody hates America

Yeah: Western Europe and the Radical Islamic world hate us. And Russia and China too

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:04 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:Is there another way that is 100% guaranteed?

Castration and hysterectomy seem to work pretty well. Hard to make a baby when you lack the equipment to do so.

Hard to have sex when you don't have a penis.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Dazchan
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dazchan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Wiztopia wrote:Yet you really never did read my posts. There's no REAL reason to have school uniforms other than to just have kids wear them. Also lol. Bullshit. A decade yet you claim to be 25? Quit being a fucking liar.

I didn't say I had been teaching for a decade. I said I had dedicated [/i]almost[/i] a decade of my life to students. The sum total of my time training (dedicated to students) and teaching (also dedicated to students) is quite close to a decade.

In any case, I'm done with you. There's a reason why I don't teach special ed, and you're it.
If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Ifreann wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
OMGeverynameistaken wrote:My 4th grade teacher sent me to the principals office for correcting her statement that Mt. Everest is the tallest in the world. I pointed out that it was actually Mauna Kea. I argued the point, got the class encyclopedia out to prove her wrong and she sent me to the office for insubordination and 'back talk'. As I left the class she was saying that underwater mountains didn't count.

Well, that was just a pointless argument. That would be like me insisting o my teacher the moon doesn't have a face: DOES IT REALLY MATTER?

Also it can be shown to be incorrect as it isn't the highest from sea level.

Tallest =/= highest above sea level. You measure how tall something is from its base. You measure how high it is from sea level.

I am aware of that it is why I used highest.

If I had changed it to tallest I would be correct.

Regardless, the teacher probably used tallest to mean heighest.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic

DBC26-Winner

Chetssaland
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Orumbia wrote:
Riveara wrote:Nobody hates America

Yeah: Western Europe and the Radical Islamic world hate us. And Russia and China too

I wonder if I would hate America if I grew up in say... the UK. I am very much patriotic, being an American. It still has many flaws though, and its important to not look past them like some people. Others though, hate their country (America) just because of all its mistakes in the past. They go around apologizing for it. Just try to fix your mistakes and look ahead, don't complain about them.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Hydesland wrote:

Regularly playing World of Warcraft.

It depends what regular is, though I do know a girl who plays it quite often and still manages to have a boyfriend.

DBC26-Winner

Chetssaland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:

Castration and hysterectomy seem to work pretty well. Hard to make a baby when you lack the equipment to do so.

Not if your a woman...

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Dazchan wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:
Tretskivucia wrote:In my Geography class (year 9) we got a map of the world and were asked to label where Australia is (This is in an Australian school).
Later, we got a map of Australia (with state boundaries marked but no names on it) and were asked to label the states and their capitals AND our teacher said: "If you're having trouble in labelling the states just ask me" :palm:

And what stupid crap did she teach you?

Yeah, I see no problem with that. It may be important to know name the states of Australia, especially if you live there.

I think he's referring to the fact that he's in 9th grade and being made to do the exact same task I gave my fourth graders last week.

That could be it, I thought it seemed odd for them to be doing basic work.

DBC26-Winner

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:Hard to have sex when you don't have a penis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castration :palm:
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Dazchan
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dazchan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Chetssaland wrote:
Dazchan wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:
Tretskivucia wrote:In my Geography class (year 9) we got a map of the world and were asked to label where Australia is (This is in an Australian school).
Later, we got a map of Australia (with state boundaries marked but no names on it) and were asked to label the states and their capitals AND our teacher said: "If you're having trouble in labelling the states just ask me" :palm:

Yeah, I see no problem with that. It may be important to know name the states of Australia, especially if you live there.

I think he's referring to the fact that he's in 9th grade and being made to do the exact same task I gave my fourth graders last week.

...Oops, my mistake. I'm not sure what year 9 is in Australia but I'm sure its close to eight grade or high school. Yeah if you didn't know that by then, wow. I had all 50 states memorized with capitals and abbreviations in the fourth grade. I forgot some of the exact abbreviations but other than that...

Year nine students are around 14/15.

And we have no excuse for not knowing states by then - we only have six of them.
If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Chetssaland wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

Not if your a woman...

True.

DBC26-Winner

Saint Jade IV
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Jade IV » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Dazchan wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Dazchan wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

...Oops, my mistake. I'm not sure what year 9 is in Australia but I'm sure its close to eight grade or high school. Yeah if you didn't know that by then, wow. I had all 50 states memorized with capitals and abbreviations in the fourth grade. I forgot some of the exact abbreviations but other than that...

Year nine students are around 14/15.

And we have no excuse for not knowing states by then - we only have six of them.

Did they have to label the territories as well? Because that might be where they got confused... :D
Last edited by Saint Jade IV on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you grow up, your heart dies.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of son of a b*tch or another.
RIP Dyakovo...we are all poorer for your loss.

Chetssaland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:10 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

Not if your a woman...

True.

Oh. My God. I said something on NSG and someone else said it was true. That's going in the diary *starts to rapidly write*

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Chetssaland wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

Not if your a woman...

True.

Oh. My God. I said something on NSG and someone else said it was true. That's going in the diary *starts to rapidly write*

Happens once in a blue moon.

DBC26-Winner

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Chetssaland wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
Marcurix wrote:snip

I would have refused to leave.

That would've only made it worse. Just take your punishment and let the teacher be wrong.

I don't give a shit. A hypocrite like that deserves a nice punch in the face actually.

Dazchan wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:Yet you really never did read my posts. There's no REAL reason to have school uniforms other than to just have kids wear them. Also lol. Bullshit. A decade yet you claim to be 25? Quit being a fucking liar.

I didn't say I had been teaching for a decade. I said I had dedicated [/i]almost[/i] a decade of my life to students. The sum total of my time training (dedicated to students) and teaching (also dedicated to students) is quite close to a decade.

In any case, I'm done with you. There's a reason why I don't teach special ed, and you're it.

Why? You're afraid to see yourself mirrored in those students?

Gauntleted Fist
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauntleted Fist » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:22 pm

I don't really remember anything that I truly considered stupid at the time of being told it coming from my teachers. From my fellow classmates, sure, but not from my teachers. *shrug*

Chetssaland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Wiztopia wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

That would've only made it worse. Just take your punishment and let the teacher be wrong.

I don't give a shit. A hypocrite like that deserves a nice punch in the face actually.

Right, go ahead and try that. It doesn't matter what they deserve. The fact is, they're your boss. Wether you disagree with what they say/do or not, just bite your lip and move on.

Tkdkidsx2
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tkdkidsx2 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:27 pm

Takaram wrote:
Alsatian Knights wrote:
Takaram wrote:My Algebra II teacher tried to tell us that 2x-2=-9. I got 5 bonus points on my test for pointing that out. :p

doesn't it equal -4?

Last time I checked it did.

Isn't it -3.5?
Riaka wrote:Son, you've just entered the exciting and frightening world of religious debate. It's much like a roller coaster, in the sense that in the next few minutes there are going to many twists and turns, potential vertical inversion, a lot of crying children and someone's probably going to throw up at the end.

Wilgrove wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:Texas school book repositories are dangerous places.

JFK can attest to that! *nods*

Gauntleted Fist
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauntleted Fist » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Tkdkidsx2 wrote:
Takaram wrote:
Alsatian Knights wrote:
Takaram wrote:My Algebra II teacher tried to tell us that 2x-2=-9. I got 5 bonus points on my test for pointing that out. :p

doesn't it equal -4?

Isn't it -3.5?

Depends on what you're doing with the problem. <.<;

Solving for x, it's -3.5, yes, or -7/2.

Tkdkidsx2
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tkdkidsx2 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Gauntleted Fist wrote:
Tkdkidsx2 wrote:
Takaram wrote:
Alsatian Knights wrote:

doesn't it equal -4?

Isn't it -3.5?

Depends on what you're doing with the problem. <.<;

Solving for x, it's -3.5, yes, or -7/2.

What else could you do with it?
Riaka wrote:Son, you've just entered the exciting and frightening world of religious debate. It's much like a roller coaster, in the sense that in the next few minutes there are going to many twists and turns, potential vertical inversion, a lot of crying children and someone's probably going to throw up at the end.

Wilgrove wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:Texas school book repositories are dangerous places.

JFK can attest to that! *nods*

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:48 pm

That the Catholic Church teached for centuries that the Earth was flat.

DBC26-Winner

Novograd IV
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Novograd IV » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:53 pm

what's with all the kid bashing on this forum?
most kids where i come from are good with reasoning and the like. just the fact that we're under 18 means that society often gets the idea that we don't deserve any respect, of course i applaud those who treat us as humans.
we do a lot better with teachers who respect us, some teachers just have such an oppresive manner that we can't focus (at least i can't)

another stupid thing:

small group: general chat
French teacher: shut up
<pause and total silence>
F T: SHUT UP! (speaking to someone who genuinely hadn't said anything)
kid: sir i didn't do anything thou...
F T: I DONT CARE I AM NOT HERE TO TEACH YOU FRENCH I AM HERE TO EACH YOU MANNERS!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

it was so hard not to literaly rofl then
Novan Wiki (under [re]construction)

Economic Left/Right: -9.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.24

http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/196124/

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:53 pm

Chetssaland wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

Right, go ahead and try that. It doesn't matter what they deserve. The fact is, they're your boss. Wether you disagree with what they say/do or not, just bite your lip and move on.

I have no boss. You're wrong. I'm not going to let them get away with being a hypocrite. That would just be stupid.

Grandais
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandais » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:That the Catholic Church teached for centuries that the Earth was flat.

*taught

On a similar subject, that Columbus sailed around the world to prove that the Earth wasn't flat. Fuck, the ANCIENT GREEKS knew that the world was round and tried to work out it circumference.
I haven't had this from a teacher I don't think, but most recently some Baptists I was arguing with in the city used it to support her argument (which of course didn't make sense since her argument was full of holes, contradictions and circular reasoning)
We continued 'arguing' for some time until her companion told me to shove off if I wasn't going to 'talk to Jesus about the same things you've talked to us about'
Anyway, people ask me why I don't like Baptists, but every one that I've met or heard about are fundies, and trying to talk to them is like arguing with a brick wall. You're never going to get anywhere, they're not going to acknowledge anything you say, keep saying the same things which make no sense, and use nonsensical and often wrong metaphors. I 'argued' with them for an hour and got absolutely nowhere.
I did get free tissues though.

[/derail]
DEFCON 5 [4] 3 2 1
Grandais News|Factbook|Embassies

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General