NATION

PASSWORD

Stupid Crap Teachers Told You

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:14 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Ryadn wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Liuzzo wrote:
East Fancainia wrote:
Martaz wrote:I drop out high school because all my teachers were fucking commie

Expecially my english teacher used to give me low score because i said politically incorrect thing

She said the most stupid thing i have ever hear"Fanta was a Coca-cola production created to sell in nazi german" conspiracy theorism to much??

public school= brainwashing

Grammer fail......have fun working at the gas station Muhamed

Wow, so you spell grammar and Mohamed wrong just for starters. You then make an assumption that all gas station attendants are Muslim. You're doing well!

Just along these lines... if one of you has dropped out of school or wants to don't think you can't get a good education and a great job.

One good book to read for anyone considering quitting school (it is starting to get a bit dated) is: "The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life"

Can I call Poe now? How about now? No one can unintentionally sabotage their own position this hideously, right? Please, I need to regain a measure of faith in humanity.

Call Poe? Ah I looked it up. No I'm not satirizing. Do you claim differently? Are you under the belief that one must attend classes in a traditional school environment in order to get an great education and a well paying job?

How many jobs have you worked?
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Ryadn wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Ryadn wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Liuzzo wrote:
East Fancainia wrote:

Expecially my english teacher used to give me low score because i said politically incorrect thing

She said the most stupid thing i have ever hear"Fanta was a Coca-cola production created to sell in nazi german" conspiracy theorism to much??

Wow, so you spell grammar and Mohamed wrong just for starters. You then make an assumption that all gas station attendants are Muslim. You're doing well!

Just along these lines... if one of you has dropped out of school or wants to don't think you can't get a good education and a great job.

One good book to read for anyone considering quitting school (it is starting to get a bit dated) is: "The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life"

Can I call Poe now? How about now? No one can unintentionally sabotage their own position this hideously, right? Please, I need to regain a measure of faith in humanity.

Call Poe? Ah I looked it up. No I'm not satirizing. Do you claim differently? Are you under the belief that one must attend classes in a traditional school environment in order to get an great education and a well paying job?

Why would the number or types of jobs I've worked have anything to do with my question about your beliefs? If I said 0 it would have nothing to do with the argument. If I said 20 it would likewise be irrelevant. I hope you don't teach logic.
Did you see a ghost?

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Ryadn wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Ryadn wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Liuzzo wrote:
East Fancainia wrote:

Why would the number or types of jobs I've worked have anything to do with my question about your beliefs? If I said 0 it would have nothing to do with the argument. If I said 20 it would likewise be irrelevant. I hope you don't teach logic.

If you'd said 0 or 20 it would give me a pretty good idea of how well that theory is working for you. It would also make your arguments ridiculous for entirely different reasons.
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Saint Jade IV
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Jade IV » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:20 pm

Ryadn wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:You should respect someone's title when with that title comes the knowledge and experience relevant to their role. Furthermore, many teenagers have a problem with basic discipline being enforced in the classroom. They don't like being asked to sit quietly and listen to the teacher, they don't like being told to do things they don't want to do, and they whine that they are being denied free expression because we ask them to wear uniforms or appropriate clothing or not to write obscenities over their book covers or school property. I am quite scared about what is going to happen when they get into the real world they build up so much and find out that in fact, the same behaviour that we expect from them in school is expected in the real world. The difference being that in the real world, you don't get detention, you get fired when you break the rules.

One of my third graders the other day, who disrupts class at least 15 times a day, asked (at random, in the middle of a math lesson) if they were going to college. I said, "Not if you keep going at this rate. Do you know what happens if you decide to carry on a loud conversation with your friend in lecture hall? They kick you out. And you don't get your money back."

He was shocked. "They don't even get a warning?" I told him my class was his warning.

I love your stories. They remind me of my own. I once had a 13 year old tell me that because she was pretty and popular people would be lining up to give her a job. Mind you, her career objective was stripper at a Gold Coast strip club because "strippers make a thousand dollars a night for something I do for free anyway". I was not quite sure of whether to disillusion her quite so early.
When you grow up, your heart dies.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of son of a b*tch or another.
RIP Dyakovo...we are all poorer for your loss.

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:21 pm

Saint Jade IV wrote:
Ryadn wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:You should respect someone's title when with that title comes the knowledge and experience relevant to their role. Furthermore, many teenagers have a problem with basic discipline being enforced in the classroom. They don't like being asked to sit quietly and listen to the teacher, they don't like being told to do things they don't want to do, and they whine that they are being denied free expression because we ask them to wear uniforms or appropriate clothing or not to write obscenities over their book covers or school property. I am quite scared about what is going to happen when they get into the real world they build up so much and find out that in fact, the same behaviour that we expect from them in school is expected in the real world. The difference being that in the real world, you don't get detention, you get fired when you break the rules.

One of my third graders the other day, who disrupts class at least 15 times a day, asked (at random, in the middle of a math lesson) if they were going to college. I said, "Not if you keep going at this rate. Do you know what happens if you decide to carry on a loud conversation with your friend in lecture hall? They kick you out. And you don't get your money back."

He was shocked. "They don't even get a warning?" I told him my class was his warning.

I love your stories. They remind me of my own. I once had a 13 year old tell me that because she was pretty and popular people would be lining up to give her a job. Mind you, her career objective was stripper at a Gold Coast strip club because "strippers make a thousand dollars a night for something I do for free anyway". I was not quite sure of whether to disillusion her quite so early.

If she was already doing it for free, I think she was ready to have some illusions shattered.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:22 pm

Ryadn wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Ryadn wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Ryadn wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Liuzzo wrote:
East Fancainia wrote:

If you'd said 0 or 20 it would give me a pretty good idea of how well that theory is working for you. It would also make your arguments ridiculous for entirely different reasons.

And what reason would that be?
Did you see a ghost?

Lacadaemon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Lacadaemon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:23 pm

Ryadn wrote:How many jobs have you worked?

He's actually asking legitimate questions. Just not the right way, and just not very diplomatically. Maybe you should both try and draw back to a consensus about what education is for, and then work outwards about how it should be delivered and what is the point of it.
The kind of middle-class mentality which actuates both those responsible for strategy and government has little knowledge of the new psychology and organizing ability of the totalitarian States. The forces we are fighting are governed neither by the old strategy nor follow the old tactics.

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:23 pm

Saint Jade IV wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Neo Art wrote:
Natapoc wrote:That is the key right there: Mutual respect. It is the most important thing when dealing with other people. If the teacher gives no respect he or she will get no respect in return.

Yeah, go ahead and try that in the real world.

See how far it gets you.

It works very well thank you. You sure seem upset about something. Do you dislike challenges to illegitimate authority structures? Are you bigoted against youth? What is wrong?

You know, the trouble I find with youth, including some of the students I have taught, is that they complain loudest about being disrespected and treated like children when they are being treated like the adults they insist on being treated as. My current group of students, by and large, live on isolated cattle, sheep and crop properties, where they from a very young age have been involved in mustering, shearing, butchering, fencing, harvesting and a range of other related activities. Funnily enough, they seem to understand the way the world works a lot better than most students far older than them. I think it might be that they have actually experienced the real world and understand that if someone is in a position of authority, its usually because they have a reason - they know more than you do, or they have more experience in the area. They also learnt pretty damn quickly that if you're being told to do something, there is a reason for it. If they do have a question about why they have to do something, they tend to wait until after and ask me quietly. Which demonstrates respect for my position. And tends to get them a more mature, thoughtful and complete answer than the idiots who think they are tough by asking me in front of the whole class in a challenging tone.

Its not about challenging authority structures. My students are quite willing to challenge me on areas outside my authority when need be. But when I am supervising or teaching these students in my current school, they tend to respect that. They don't ask for an explanation on why they can't talk during a test, or why they have to sit together on the mat while I talk to them or whine about having to do their work. They just get on with the job.

Right as I said above it is about mutual respect not one way respect. The kid we were talking about in that conversation was harassed by a teacher for being Russian and for being from a communist country. The teacher was not showing respect. It sounds like some of your students are the same way: They don't show you respect and I bet they don't get it back right?

That was my point as you will see if you read the rest of the context of those posts back a few pages.

I read it all. My problem with your attitude is that it attacks authority figures in general rather than one specific person. Children should have respect for the position. And you were actually referring to a poster who talked about "messing around with their teachers".

My theory is to treat everyone the way you want to be treated without respect to titles. Most people like being treated like that. But if the other person does not reciprocate then I stop associating with them. The problems come from when you are forced into a situation with a person who treats you poorly in return. In that case what is wrong with messing around with them?

Why should anyone respect someone else on the basis of that other person being an "authority figure." Respect a person because they are a fellow being inhabiting this earth. Not because they have some title. And if they abuse that respect by all means pull yours also.

You should respect someone's title when with that title comes the knowledge and experience relevant to their role. Furthermore, many teenagers have a problem with basic discipline being enforced in the classroom. They don't like being asked to sit quietly and listen to the teacher, they don't like being told to do things they don't want to do, and they whine that they are being denied free expression because we ask them to wear uniforms or appropriate clothing or not to write obscenities over their book covers or school property. I am quite scared about what is going to happen when they get into the real world they build up so much and find out that in fact, the same behaviour that we expect from them in school is expected in the real world. The difference being that in the real world, you don't get detention, you get fired when you break the rules.

Uniforms are always stupid. I also don't get what "inappropriate" clothing they could be wearing. Obscenities on the actual book cover or a cover they put over the book to keep the real cover protected?

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:29 pm

Natapoc wrote:The problems come from when you are forced into a situation with a person who treats you poorly in return. In that case what is wrong with messing around with them?

Oh nothing at all. It'll give you a great story to tell to your fellow compatriots while you wait on the bread line.
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:31 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Natapoc wrote:The problems come from when you are forced into a situation with a person who treats you poorly in return. In that case what is wrong with messing around with them?

Oh nothing at all. It'll give you a great story to tell to your fellow compatriots while you wait on the bread line.

Would you care to elaborate and demonstrate how what I suggested would cause a person to need to wait on a bread line?

I don't understand what you have against the idea of mutual respect.
Last edited by Natapoc on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you see a ghost?

Free Kanadian Refugees
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Kanadian Refugees » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Wiztopia wrote:Uniforms are always stupid.

No. No they are not. Only when applied to a school setting.

Stupidest thing came not from a teacher (amazingly...) but from a student a couple days ago. Social Studies AP, Grade 11, we're discussing the reasons Canada went into Afghanistan, and why we're still there. Every single one of them either said "Because Bush did" or "For oil". After I call out two people near me for that stupidity, another pipes up and says "Why don't you answer?" My response being "I shouldn't be the only one that knows this." Then, from the other side of the room, we get this little gem: "Not everyone cares about this <name omitted because I haet Internet peoples, especially you>". I would have argued that it should be common fucking knowledge, especially in ADVANCED PLACEMENT Social Studies, and that they should stop being arrogant morons, but the teacher (who's actually pretty decent, just boring and not a good writer) gave me a "shut up" glare so I went back to reading two Chapters ahead in my textbook my second time through.

Sorry for the minor derail, but I lack any stupid teachers, somehow.
National factbook, including military

O Boyce wrote:Yes, much like the real Canandians, hiding behind the Maple Syrup Curtian, plotting to take over the bacon market

New Amerik wrote:The giant head of a Sonic fancharacter is telling me "PEACE" while "O Canada" plays in the background....

Why me?! I'm not Puff-Puff-Pass Land....

Grandais wrote:OOC: fine. I have more bombs left over for your buildings then. Good day.

Sonic Vegemite: Because You Already Know What The Games Are Called

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Neo Art wrote:

Would you care to elaborate and demonstrate how what I suggested would cause a person to need to wait on a bread line?

The fact that you would need that explained to you demonstrates the problem of your perspective.

Mutual respect is fantastic. Mutual respect is great. Mutual respect is something we should all strive for. But with that in mind, "mutual respect" is not something we always get. "mutual respect" is not something we all achieve. And if my boss decides to be a dick to me, for no other reason than he decides to be a dick to me, and my response to that is to be a dick back to him, I'm the one who gets fired.

It has nothing to do with "respect". It has nothing to do with "treat them as they treat you". It has to do with the very real world principle of "pick your battles, and know that when the person you decide to battle has more power over you than you do over him, suck it the fuck up".
Last edited by Neo Art on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:34 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Neo Art wrote:

The fact that you would need that explained to you demonstrates the problem of your perspective.

I did not ask for an explanation. I asked for an elaboration.

Disagreeing with you does not equal a problem with my perspective. You are not the metric by which truth is measured.
Did you see a ghost?

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:36 pm

Natapoc wrote:I did not ask for an explanation. I asked for an elaboration.

Self evident concepts need no elaboration. If you require elaboration on self evident concepts then you are beyond any help I could possibly give you.

Disagreeing with you does not equal a problem with my perspective.

If my perspective is the correct one then, by definition, that's exactly what it means.

You are not the metric by which truth is measured.

Which is exactly what one would say who disagreed with me. Simply declaring it so doesn't make me any less right, however.
Last edited by Neo Art on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:38 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Natapoc wrote:Disagreeing with you does not equal a problem with my perspective.

If my perspective is the correct one then, by definition, that's exactly what it means.

You are not the metric by which truth is measured.

Which is exactly what one would say who disagreed with me. Simply declaring it so doesn't make me any less right, however.

Indeed it does not make you less right and neither does it make you less wrong. And it especially has absolutely nothing to do with the truth value of my statements.
Did you see a ghost?

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:39 pm

Natapoc wrote:And it especially has absolutely nothing to do with the truth value of my statements.

For something to have anything to do with the truth of your statement, that would require your statements to have some.

And since your statements are utterly bereft of truth, I submit that NOTHING has anything to do with their truth, as there is nothing that can relate to nothing.

Saint Jade IV
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Jade IV » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:40 pm

Wiztopia wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:
You should respect someone's title when with that title comes the knowledge and experience relevant to their role. Furthermore, many teenagers have a problem with basic discipline being enforced in the classroom. They don't like being asked to sit quietly and listen to the teacher, they don't like being told to do things they don't want to do, and they whine that they are being denied free expression because we ask them to wear uniforms or appropriate clothing or not to write obscenities over their book covers or school property. I am quite scared about what is going to happen when they get into the real world they build up so much and find out that in fact, the same behaviour that we expect from them in school is expected in the real world. The difference being that in the real world, you don't get detention, you get fired when you break the rules.

Uniforms are always stupid. I also don't get what "inappropriate" clothing they could be wearing. Obscenities on the actual book cover or a cover they put over the book to keep the real cover protected?

Inappropriate clothing includes on girls shorts so short the gusset basically didn't exist, miniskirts so short they didn't quite cover the buttocks offering the clear understanding that they had neglected underwear, spaghetti strap or strapless tops or tops with cutouts or that showed their midriff, clothing with obscenities or inappropriate writing or images. For boys, clothing with inappropriate images or writing, clothing with obscenities, a persistence in attempting to wear thongs (this was a problem with the girls also - inappropriate footwear), jeans that were too long and caused safety issues, wearing singlets instead of t-shirts...the list goes on. Of course this was mostly on mufti-days.

In regards to uniform - the clothing issues outlined above demonstrate why uniforms are a good thing in my view. They prevent the most dangerous flouting of any dress code, and ensure that everyone is bound by the same rules.

In regards to the writing - it was on their notebooks, and is inappropriate. If I can't take a notebook covered in quotes from songs, movies and writers that contain obscenities into a workplace, neither should they.
Last edited by Saint Jade IV on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you grow up, your heart dies.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of son of a b*tch or another.
RIP Dyakovo...we are all poorer for your loss.

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:41 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Neo Art wrote:

Mutual respect is fantastic. Mutual respect is great. Mutual respect is something we should all strive for. But with that in mind, "mutual respect" is not something we always get. "mutual respect" is not something we all achieve. And if my boss decides to be a dick to me, for no other reason than he decides to be a dick to me, and my response to that is to be a dick back to him, I'm the one who gets fired.

It has nothing to do with "respect". It has nothing to do with "treat them as they treat you". It has to do with the very real world principle of "pick your battles, and know that when the person you decide to battle has more power over you than you do over him, suck it the fuck up".

Quite obviously... This ^
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Lacadaemon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Lacadaemon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Of course if you treat education as a positional good, then it only makes sense given the unemployment distribution by income for the the 95%ers to be disruptive in class. If, indeed, that is what education is all about.
The kind of middle-class mentality which actuates both those responsible for strategy and government has little knowledge of the new psychology and organizing ability of the totalitarian States. The forces we are fighting are governed neither by the old strategy nor follow the old tactics.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:43 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Natapoc wrote:And it especially has absolutely nothing to do with the truth value of my statements.

For something to have anything to do with the truth of your statement, that would require your statements to have some.

And since your statements are utterly bereft of truth, I submit that NOTHING has anything to do with their truth, as there is nothing that can relate to nothing.

Indeed the statement you made

"Oh nothing at all. It'll give you a great story to tell to your fellow compatriots while you wait on the bread line."

Is not recognizable as a coherence argument and could be used with equal (lack of) effectiveness on any statement.

Person 1: Objects fall at 9.8 meters per second squared!
Person 2:"Oh nothing at all. It'll give you a great story to tell to your fellow compatriots while you wait on the bread line."

Person 1: I went to the store today and saw the most interesting thing...
Person 2: "Oh nothing at all. It'll give you a great story to tell to your fellow compatriots while you wait on the bread line."
Did you see a ghost?

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:45 pm

Natapoc wrote:Indeed the statement you made

"Oh nothing at all. It'll give you a great story to tell to your fellow compatriots while you wait on the bread line."

Is not recognizable as a coherence argument and could be used with equal (lack of) effectiveness on any statement.

Person 2:"Oh nothing at all. It'll give you a great story to tell to your fellow compatriots while you wait on the bread line."

Person 2: "Oh nothing at all. It'll give you a great story to tell to your fellow compatriots while you wait on the bread line."

Once again, I do fear that your inability to recognize it as a relevant response is a failure on your part, not on mine.

As is your inability to recognize it as a failure on your part.

Frankly, I'm unsure which is worse.

If you can't recognize that "4" is a valid response to "2+2" I really can't help you. But it does make you, ironically enough, extraordinarily on topic for this thread.
Last edited by Neo Art on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:49 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Natapoc wrote:Indeed the statement you made

Once again, I do fear that your inability to recognize it as a relevant response is a failure on your part, not on mine.

As is your failure to recognize it as a failure on your part.

Only because you refuse to investigate the assumptions behind your statement. Assumptions I've been trying to get you to reveal.

But you refuse to have a discussion about the actual matter at hand and simply repeat your flawed conclusions draw from flawed assumptions.
Did you see a ghost?

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:50 pm

Natapoc wrote:Only because you refuse to investigate the assumptions behind your statement. Assumptions I've been trying to get you to reveal.

Once again, self evident facts need no revealing. That is the definition of "self evident". If you require me to "reveal" self evident facts, then you're fairly well beyond any help I could provide you.

Or, in short, if you haven't understood my argument by now, then no amount of explaining it to you will do any good.
Last edited by Neo Art on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:52 pm

Saint Jade IV wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:

Inappropriate clothing includes on girls shorts so short the gusset basically didn't exist, miniskirts so short they didn't quite cover the buttocks offering the clear understanding that they had neglected underwear, spaghetti strap or strapless tops or tops with cutouts or that showed their midriff, clothing with obscenities or inappropriate writing or images. For boys, clothing with inappropriate images or writing, clothing with obscenities, a persistence in attempting to wear thongs (this was a problem with the girls also - inappropriate footwear), jeans that were too long and caused safety issues, wearing singlets instead of t-shirts...the list goes on. Of course this was mostly on mufti-days.

In regards to uniform - the clothing issues outlined above demonstrate why uniforms are a good thing in my view. They prevent the most dangerous flouting of any dress code, and ensure that everyone is bound by the same rules.

In regards to the writing - it was on their notebooks, and is inappropriate. If I can't take a notebook covered in quotes from songs, movies and writers that contain obscenities into a workplace, neither should they.

Some of it obviously yes is inappropriate. A lot of you mentioned isn't though. You should look at countries WITHOUT dress codes. The only reason SOME students wear what you said is because they normally have to wear a crappy uniform. School uniforms are just crap.

If it's on their own notebook then you have no reason to complain.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Natapoc wrote:Only because you refuse to investigate the assumptions behind your statement. Assumptions I've been trying to get you to reveal.

Once again, self evident facts need no revealing. They are because they are. If you require me to "reveal" self evident facts, then you're fairly well beyond any help I could provide you.

Or, in short, if you haven't understood my argument by now, then no amount of explaining it to you will do any good.

Oh I understand your argument. I simply don't want to make your argument for you. That is your responsibility if you want to do more then fallacious ad hominims (which by the way is what your argument has primarily been composed of)

Ryadn also resorted to Ad hominem: Rather then addressing the question asked he replied asking about my job history. As if that would have anything to do with the argument.

In case you don't know what ad hominims are it is where you attack the person making the argument rather then the argument itself. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
Last edited by Natapoc on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Did you see a ghost?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General