NATION

PASSWORD

Gamer: The Movie and the rise of the X-RIFLE

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Would you like an XRIFLE for outdoors multiplayer gameplay?

Hell yes...Zap! Pow! Boom! Die! Die! Die!
45%
No. Not Safe out there in the streets. At home yes.
18%
No either way.
No votes
I'm confused.
No votes
Arenas designed for X-RIFLE mass combat, but not streets.
36%

Total votes : 11

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:53 am

Almagarde wrote:Not Lasertag. You wouldbe playing DOOM like first person Shooters except you would actually be required to move through the combat environment physically. YOur X-RIFLE would GPS your position in the game area as well as the three dimensional direction you were pointing your weapon. Your Goggles would show you what is going on.

uh... that's laser tag. the difference is you're playing PVP with others in Laser tag.

you wear a vest with sensors and move either through a building or outside and you can shoot people. while you don't need the goggles, they can probably cobble some together.

heck at one point they even came up with grenades/mines that set off a short range burst that trips all nearby sensors.
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Founded: May 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:58 am

JuNii wrote:
Almagarde wrote:Not Lasertag. You wouldbe playing DOOM like first person Shooters except you would actually be required to move through the combat environment physically. YOur X-RIFLE would GPS your position in the game area as well as the three dimensional direction you were pointing your weapon. Your Goggles would show you what is going on.

uh... that's laser tag. the difference is you're playing PVP with others in Laser tag.

you wear a vest with sensors and move either through a building or outside and you can shoot people. while you don't need the goggles, they can probably cobble some together.

heck at one point they even came up with grenades/mines that set off a short range burst that trips all nearby sensors.

Holy....what kind of lasertag have you played? The only kind I've played took place in a room lit with black lights and has mazes.

Man the last time I played laser tag was in 2004...

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:09 am

Wilgrove wrote:
JuNii wrote:

Holy....what kind of lasertag have you played? The only kind I've played took place in a room lit with black lights and has mazes.

Man the last time I played laser tag was in 2004...

ditto on all counts here.

Previous

Return to General