NATION

PASSWORD

TRUMP: Yes, He Even Branded A MAGAthread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Uiiop » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Arlenton wrote:
Uiiop wrote:That didn't necessarily prove that they're baseless(Or at least completely) nor does that rebut my other point in the edit.

Calling Trump racist for wanting to deport illegal immigrants and opposing BLM sounds pretty baseless. Which is why the attack failed. It makes "racism" just a synonym for supporting Trump's positions, it's not longer some fringe position held by the KKK and neo-nazis.

the latter wasn't a big thing really (Ait was more he just talked into law and order when the topic was about racial relations. That's the closest i could find and the "Ist" word wasn't found)
And again maybe it's the people for not looking into this more and overgeneralizing a whole group of people complaints because some were stupid. But again that wouldn't put the blame solely on the side you disagree and make things simple would it?
#NSTransparency

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Arlenton wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Calling Mexican immigrants "rapists" when studies show that immigrants are not more likely to commit crimes than the general population is.

That makes him racist?

Lying about Hispanics being more criminal does.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Arlenton » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:49 pm

2018 Senate elections map. Good luck Democrats.

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Arlenton wrote:That makes him racist?

In your opinion, apparently.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:50 pm

The Kievan People wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:Teen pregnancy does negatively impact academic performance. One could also say that an academic outcome of sex ed is practicing safe sex, and higher teen pregnancy rates suggest that they fail.

How much does it impact the classes performance as a whole?

If religious education is making students do worse in general then it should not be difficult to find evidence of it.

Are there any reliable hard figures published out there? Have you seen evidence that they perform equally well?

Certainly students who aren't taught about evolution in biology class will be unprepared for it at the college level. Hell, it's a danger to public health to potentially be training doctors who don't know about antibiotic-resistant diseases. Over-prescription of antibiotics render the antibiotics useless, and if you don't understand how evolution works, you won't understand how microbes develop resistance in the first place.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:51 pm

Arlenton wrote:2018 Senate elections map. Good luck Democrats.

Eh. It doesn't look as bad as I thought if Democrats can do better than Hillary in the Midwest.
Last edited by Geilinor on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:51 pm

Uiiop wrote:
Arlenton wrote:Calling Trump racist for wanting to deport illegal immigrants and opposing BLM sounds pretty baseless. Which is why the attack failed. It makes "racism" just a synonym for supporting Trump's positions, it's not longer some fringe position held by the KKK and neo-nazis.

the latter wasn't a big thing really (Ait was more he just talked into law and order when the topic was about racial relations. That's the closest i could find and the "Ist" word wasn't found)
And again maybe it's the people for not looking into this more and overgeneralizing a whole group of people complaints because some were stupid. But again that wouldn't put the blame solely on the side you disagree and make things simple would it?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Ebliania
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ebliania » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:51 pm

Well shit. If Casey runs his campaign like he did in 2012 then he gets defeated.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:52 pm

Advancing "God's Kingdom"? Doesn't that mean promoting the end of the world in Christian mythology?

Escanthea
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Escanthea » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:52 pm

So, is this the place where we trumppost? If not, just point me the right way and I'll be off.
HRH Justinian Ezkantion- Prince Consort of Ainulindale, Emperor of Escanthea, Sovereign of Dellenaria
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
-Mewtwo

Senator of Ainur
Speaker for the Senate of Ainur
Foreign Minister of Ainur
Co-Minister of Internal Affairs of Ainur
Co-Regent of Ainur
Crown Prince of Ainur
Court Scribe of Wintreath
King of Ainur (claimant)

Big Brain City
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 09, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Big Brain City » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:52 pm

Ebliania wrote:

Well shit. If Casey runs his campaign like he did in 2012 then he gets defeated.

How did he run his campaign in 2012?
THE STATE OF BIG BRAIN CITY
EXITUS ACTA PROBAT

The Big Brain wrote:Freedom? People are fools and unworthy of much freedom. Even I am a fool. Many people have recognized that and want me to suffer for it.
Unfortunately for them, I can glass their planets.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:52 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Arlenton wrote:That makes him racist?

I mean, this is what has been going on for years on the Republicans.

Democrats only use Latinos as a token voter thing, though.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Ebliania
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ebliania » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Big Brain City wrote:
Ebliania wrote:Well shit. If Casey runs his campaign like he did in 2012 then he gets defeated.

How did he run his campaign in 2012?

Low energy.

Big Brain City
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Big Brain City » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Hittanryan wrote:

Advancing "God's Kingdom"? Doesn't that mean promoting the end of the world in Christian mythology?

Basically. If she wants the apocalypse she can have Trump become SG of the UN.
EXITUS ACTA PROBAT

The Big Brain wrote:Freedom? People are fools and unworthy of much freedom. Even I am a fool. Many people have recognized that and want me to suffer for it.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Escanthea wrote:So, is this the place where we trumppost? If not, just point me the right way and I'll be off.

RWDT is that way friendo
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Arlenton wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Lying about Hispanics being more criminal does.

In your opinion, apparently.

Well it is at least a form of inaccurate bigotry so...so far all the "ism" either apparently didn't happen or aren't as invalid as you think.
Also what are we suppose to do about this. Stop saying "Ist"?...get our politicians to condemn "ist" words? if you have the perfect way to stop people from saying stupid reveal this secret and you'l probably be rich.
#NSTransparency

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:54 pm

Geilinor wrote:

Eh. It doesn't look as bad as I thought.

I assume you mean MT, ND, MO, IN, and WV. But FL, OH, PA, MI, and WI are not blue states.

And assuming Democrats hold every single seat here, and pick up NV and AZ which are the only plausible pick ups, that would only get them a 50-50 tie.

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:55 pm

Arlenton wrote:
Uiiop wrote:the latter wasn't a big thing really (Ait was more he just talked into law and order when the topic was about racial relations. That's the closest i could find and the "Ist" word wasn't found)

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Maybe it's their fault as well that they didn't look at the incidents individually and not assume every cry of racism is inherently invalid because some of the time it's wrong.
#NSTransparency

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:55 pm

Hittanryan wrote:What little plan Trump had likely wouldn't work anyway. Republicans are free trade fanatics and probably won't support an end to it. Even if they did, the likely large price hikes on domestically-produced manufactured goods would tank consumer demand. That would lead to manufacturing layoffs and a likely economic crash.

There is no reason in principle the slack cannot be taken up by another source, like government spending. Interest rates are at all time lows so it is a good time for the government to take on debt.

Government spending is fueled by debt, but so is consumer spending at the moment. Neither can be relied on forever. But Trumps plan to create incentives to invest in the US instead of creating incentives for US companies to invest abroad has a better chance of raising productivity in the long run than the prevailing approach of pinning hopes on ultra-low productivity sectors like healthcare and education or anti-productive sectors like finance while letting all the industry jobs slip away.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:55 pm

Ebliania wrote:
Big Brain City wrote:How did he run his campaign in 2012?

Low energy.

Please clap.
WE ARE NOT SAPIENT SPAGHETTI

Do not mistake me for a contributor to your political threads. I have come solely to mock.
Tsaraine wrote:Nazis aren't known for their smarts. You don't adhere to an ideology that got flattened under a T-34 in 1945 if you're full of sparks and opportunities in life.
Caelestiam wrote:...wait,
Are we seriously in a dick measuring contest over who has the right to declare law by virtue of the most innocent dead?
Sounds horrible and insensitive.
Proceed.
Ethel mermania wrote:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:One does not simply own one's own body. Not when the GOP can shove its trunk up inside you.

It will be yuge, and you will like it.

Big Brain City
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Big Brain City » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:55 pm

Ebliania wrote:
Big Brain City wrote:How did he run his campaign in 2012?

Low energy.

:lol2: Shame.
EXITUS ACTA PROBAT

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:56 pm

Uiiop wrote:
Arlenton wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Maybe it's their fault as well that they didn't look at the incidents individually and not assume every cry of racism is inherently invalid because some of the time it's wrong.

Oh I see. Yes, that's true. But you can't be telling voters what to do, they make the decisions. And telling crucial voters that they were racist was not a smart thing to do.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:57 pm

The Kievan People wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:What little plan Trump had likely wouldn't work anyway. Republicans are free trade fanatics and probably won't support an end to it. Even if they did, the likely large price hikes on domestically-produced manufactured goods would tank consumer demand. That would lead to manufacturing layoffs and a likely economic crash.

There is no reason in principle the slack cannot be taken up by another source, like government spending. Interest rates are at all time lows so it is a good time for the government to take on debt.

Government spending is fueled by debt, but so is consumer spending at the moment. Neither can be relied on forever. But Trumps plan to create incentives to invest in the US instead of creating incentives for US companies to invest abroad has a better chance of raising productivity in the long run than the prevailing approach of pinning hopes on ultra-low productivity sectors like healthcare and education or anti-productive sectors like finance while letting all the industry jobs slip away.

How will Trump reduce labor costs to equal that of China or even Mexico? That's the driving factor for outsourcing, not taxes.
Last edited by Hittanryan on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Brain City
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Big Brain City » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:58 pm

Hittanryan wrote:
The Kievan People wrote:

How will Trump reduce labor costs to equal that of China or even Mexico? That's the driving factor for outsourcing, not taxes.

Outlaw unions and safety protections for humans and the environment. They're not constitutionally guaranteed. If he's so intent on tearing down governmental institutions so that everyone can operate according to laborist principles so be it.
Or just fine everyone who doesn't comply.
EXITUS ACTA PROBAT

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:59 pm

Ebliania wrote:

The Democrat from PA right? So he ran a bad campaign in 2012? He better step his game up, because the GOP will be campaigning in PA like never before after Trump proved the blue wall can be cracked.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General